Interest Check: 7th Sea Avalon

Started by Zeth, July 23, 2015, 02:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeth

I would like to run a 7th Sea set game in Avalon. No Destiny Spreads and no Sidhe Player Characters allowed. So is anyone interested? Does anyone have a plot idea for this?

Muse

I'd like a game like that a great deal. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

7th Sea is always a good time.  Could always go with a plot around the Sea Dogs.

Kolbrandr

tentative interest. Would this be as starting characters and such?

edit: plot wise, maybe something with the knights of Elaine or something centered around nobles at high court and parliament and that kind of thing.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Pumpkin Seeds

Be interesting to mix a James Bond feel to Elaine's Knights.

Zeth

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 23, 2015, 04:42:18 AM
tentative interest. Would this be as starting characters and such?

edit: plot wise, maybe something with the knights of Elaine or something centered around nobles at high court and parliament and that kind of thing.

Yes, we will be using starting characters with the standard Char Gen Rules in the Players handbook. You my also buy advantages from the Avalon Nation book. Once we nail down the plot, I'll decide what secret societies and other books are allowed.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Pumpkin Seeds

Zeth

Well do I need the pirate book to run sea dogs?

Pumpkin Seeds

Probably not but doubt it would hurt.

Crash

Zeth

Well Sea Dogs is easier ten running a Court Intrigue. So what section shall this game be put in?

hellrazoromega

Oh me, me!

Zeth

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 06:47:44 PM
About time you showed up.  ;)
was out just got back :)

So do we need to be from Avalon?

Zeth

No, but the game takes place there so your character being able to Speak Avalon is important.

Pumpkin Seeds

Nice thing is that what is most exciting for everyone would be boarding which is just swashbuckling from one ship to another.

Zeth

Okay now to address the sex. I'm thinking Bondage and human only. Is that okay?

Crash

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 07:36:06 PM
Okay now to address the sex. I'm thinking Bondage and human only. Is that okay?

Fine with me.

Pumpkin Seeds

Zeth

I cracked open the Pirate nations book. So you guys want to be actual Sea Dogs and part of The Black Dawn's crew? Or Avalon Privateers with your own boat? We will also use the rules in the Pirate Nations book.

Everyone may go ahead and pot character concepts here.

Crash

If you want to stick to Avalon I would say privateers.

I am thinking of an Inish with the Finnigan bare knuckles fighting school. Not sure starting characters would have their own ship, but if so maybe a boatswain.

Zeth

That wasn't the question. The question is do you want to serve in the Sea Dogs under Captain Berek on the Black Dawn or be a separate privateer ship with one of you as captain?

Crash

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 10:58:11 PM
That wasn't the question. The question is do you want to serve in the Sea Dogs under Captain Berek on the Black Dawn or be a separate privateer ship with one of you as captain?

Oops sorry for the misunderstanding.