Credo quia absurdum est - Hippolyta’s Ideas

Started by HippolytaSwe, May 20, 2017, 05:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HippolytaSwe

HippolytaSwe

Who are you, who, who?

• I hail from Sweden, which means that I am usually around in late night / early morning US times. I may be around in the weekends, but that depends on how busy my weekends are, too!
  • I have roleplayed for… well, I do not care to remember that exact amount of years, but it has been for a very long time.
  • I prefer plot over smut. Smut without any cohesive story behind it is just boring, and I will lose interest very quickly.
  • Romance is good! I am pretty much a sucker for it, and give me a good courting and allow me to fall in love with the characters… but....I am not so much into stalkers and characters who want to control the other person’s every move.

Hey Mr. Postman

• Post length - it completely depends on my partner. If you write longer posts, then I will most certainly attempt to match you.
  • Grammar Imps - They may happen, since English is not my first language. Mea culpa!
  • I have no desire to carry a plot all on my lonesome. This is collaborative writing, which means that we should both add bits to the story - it is much more fun that way!
  • Tense and stuff - it does depend on my partner. I tend to write in present tense and third person, which is just habit from roleplaying in chat rooms.

Types of Writing Partners

• Ladies, Lords, Lieges, Legates - all are welcome to come and write with me. I do not worry so much about your rt gender - what I care about is what you bring to the writing.
    Switch / dom / sub - again, all are welcome.

Types of Characters

• I can write male as well as female characters.
  • Switch / Dom / sub, etc… well, I can write it all.
  • I prefer to do more developed characters, so don’t expect me to be a happy, consenting victim with nothing between her ears. Nope.
  • Canon characters is a no from me. It feels like mucking about in someone else’s work. I can however gladly play in other established universes. And do characters that are inspired by canon characters.
  • No anime, no anthro. They are not something that I am terribly interested in.

OOC communication

• Communication is key. I try to say when I will be gone for an extended time, and I expect you to do the same thing.
  • PMs are great for exchanging ideas, commenting on story and so on. Use ‘em!
  • And hey...if the interest fizzled for the story - that is quite alright. I will be a little sad, but tell me, it would be great… then we can move on.

What Am I Looking For?

• I look for people who are imaginative and creative in their writing, who enjoy creating whole worlds, and who can feed me great ideas to work with. I love characters who are strong and stand out from the page, and who are MORE than 2D sex bunnies who want to make my characters come. I want to laugh, and I want to have a good time whenever I am writing.

Read my Ons and Offs here!

I prefer if you contact me in PM regarding play, and use the code word “All makt åt Tengil”. Then I know you even read this, you wonderful person, you.

HippolytaSwe

HippolytaSwe

Inkslingers
This is a brainchild of mine, inspired by “Ink and Bone” by Rachel Caine. It is a dystopic or alternate world where books (gasp!) have been outlawed. (Setting could be steampunk inspired, or perhaps sci-fi, or….or….) Inkslingers is the nickname for book smugglers who move between the major cities, carrying the precious cargo that has been forbidden by the Church. Of course, there are books that are allowed - and approved by said church.

Lady Be Good / Mr. President
Inspired by West Wing, and waaay too many political romance novels. What kind of sexy scandals can there be in the White House of our imagination? … caveat, I have a very slim knowledge of how the American system actually works. So don’t expect me to be … correct. This could also develop into some modern monarchy roleplay (where I do have more knowledge).

Friday Next
If you have read the Friday Next series by Jasper Fforde, you know it is an alternate world with a lot of twists and surprising plots. It is a clever, very literary series - and I would love to work on something like it. Bowdlerizers, the Bookworld, Prose Portal, oh my!

Kushielverse
I am a great fan of the Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey, and I would love to attempt to play something from it. (Not any of the canon characters, mind you.) Noblewoman, courtesan, strange foreigner getting introduced to the strange customs of Terre d’Ange. Love as thou wilt.

Lost Girl
If you haven’t seen this TV-series, do take a peek. I would like to play in the setting of it, with the Dark and Light Fae. There are a lot of interesting Fae types, and a lot of possibilities for intrigues between the two courts of Fae.

Outsiders
Inspired by the TV series, Outsiders is about a clan that lives on a mountainside, and pretty much have their own culture and shun the outside world. Of course, there are interactions between the clan and the people who live in a normal town nearby.

HippolytaSwe

==Historical Periods==

Amazons
This is a setting that I am interested in roleplaying in, and there are two versions.
Mythical: This roleplay is more based on the myths by Amazons - lone tribe of women, warriors, etc.
Factual: There has been a lot of research and discoveries about warrior women, where there have been theories that the Amazons may have been Sarmatians. They lived in nomadic tribes, men and women equal in every thing. This was particularly shocking for the Greeks, where women were sequestered in the home, more or less.

Ancient Rome / Greece
The time period is fascinating, and it has been a favorite of mine for a very long time. Political intrigues, everyday life, wars, history in the making… there are a lot of stories and plots that could be done here!

Victorian times
While I abhor the restrictions of the Victorian times (lie back and think of England? Never!), they are also a fun thing to explore in writing and roleplay. Clothes, etiquette, setting… perhaps even with a steampunk touch. (Plus, Sherlock Holmes. Fun!)

Vikings
A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine / From the fury of the Northmen deliver us, O Lord.
Viking raiders and shieldmaidens, settlers and those who remained at home… there are a lot of plots and fun things that can be derived from this time period. Vikings the TV series is a good inspiration (as long as you do not look too hard at the geography mishaps they made).

Wild West
Pioneers, explorers, saloon girls, gold diggers, cattle drivers… I have always been a fan of the Western genre, and it has come from watching TV-series like How the West Was Won and High Chaparral. Oh, and Paint Your Wagon. A wife with two husbands? Interesting!

==Genre / Setting==

Carnival
Carnivals and circuses have a special place in my heart, and there is something fascinating about this world. The setting could be darker / steampunk / supernatural / historical… eh, a lot of things. It pretty much depends on what you want to make of it!

Dystopic / Post-apocalyptic
Dystopic societies are undesired and frightening - but they can be very interesting settings to play in. They may also come from the ashes of our previous world, which ended somehow. There are a number of ways to do this:
A world where men rule; women have been declared inferior.
A world where women rule; men have been declared inferior.
A world where either sex has diminished and are rare commodities.
Technology fails / have taken over.
Natural disasters have created a different world from ours.
Pandemics. (Though, note, I am not a fan of zombies. They do not interest me.)

Fantasy
Always a favorite of mine! Be it the high fantasy or low fantasy - I love it. Noble knights, beautiful ladies, fierce dragons, cunning wizards.
Example of what I like: Game of Thrones, Terry Brooks’ Shannara, Jacqueline Carey’s Kushielverse, David Eddings’ Belgariad.

Sci-fi
I am not a hardcore science fiction fan, but I enjoy the softer sides of the genre. Firefly was a favorite of mine, and I do love a good romance set in a futuristic world too. Space travel, the chance of exploring new worlds… that would be interesting.

Time-travel
Time-travel is a fascinating subject - a modern person being transported to ancient times, or perhaps the other way around? A wizard trapped in a painting, freed by a hapless art restorer?
Examples of what I like: Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander.

Urban fantasy
I love urban fantasy - contemporary fantasy with supernatural elements. Wizards, werewolves, vampires, Fae… a lot of ideas to choose from here!
Examples of what I like: Jim Butcher’s Harry Dresden, Kim Harrison’s Rachel Morgan, Simon R Green’s Nightside, Kevin Hearne’s Iron Druid.

HippolytaSwe

==Titles for fun==
Persephone Complex
Mary Poppins: Vampire Slayer
Ex Umbra
Marauders of the Gathering Storm
Outlaws and Oathbreakers

==Prompts==
He always kept a sandwich in his bag, for safety reasons.
She was a locksmith, and her specialty was locking doors that should never be opened.
They had a bad habit of killing off the new guy.
A storm was coming. She could taste it in the river water.
The crows were back a whole week early.

==Lyrics==
Love triangle
All three hearts are in a tangle / When they’re caught up in a love triangle
Can’t let go as I dangle / From the corner of this love triangle