This IC for AHS: Coven is Open & Looking for 4 or 5 New Players!

Started by Twisted iN Tux, February 24, 2015, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted iN Tux

Opened 2/24/15, Closed 2/28/15, Reopened 1/22/16, Reclosed 1/24/16 & Reopened, Again, on 4/29/16

Type of Role Play: Predominantly Gay with a Mix of Bi and Straight, Extreme Small Group
Genre: Supernatural
Number of New Players Desired: 4 or 5
Maximum Number of Players: We currently have 1 GM and 6 Players, which brings us to 7.

Primary Setting: Dr. LaLaurie's Academy, New Orleans, Louisiana, Current Day, Current Date is January 5th, 2015.

LaLaurie House Floor Plan

Plot: Similar to the television show American Horror Story: Coven, this scenario will follow the antics and events of a Coven of Salem descendents who reside within a boarding school - Dr. LaLaurie's Academy, for this version - centered in New Orleans, Louisiana; however, unlike the show, this will be an all-male institution, save select staff and servants, who may be of the female persuasion. It will be dark and twisted - more so than the last attempt that was made to launch this scenario - with character development and relations at its core, but a healthy dose of sexual activity mixed in for good measure. Limits will be respected, but be warned that things can and will turn extreme from time to time. This will not be for the faint of heart. I myself have very few limits, so I'm more than willing to 'go there.' Granted, I'm not one to torture or kill helpless women, children or animals. Men? Sure. Anywho... 

Cast of Characters, Available to Claim:

STAFF: 1 Teacher Slot Open

SERVANT: 1 House Servant Slot Open

STUDENT: 2 Novice Student Slots Open

SOCIETY: 1 City Dweller Slot Open

SPIRIT: 0 Slots Open
This category is closed.

Cast of Characters, GM Controlled:

Dr. Nicolas LaLaurie : Academy Headmaster
Tony Lamas : Charismatic, But Creepy Novice Student

Philip Lebasque : Butler & Bookkeeper
Beaumont Price : Cook, Nutritionist & Personal Trainer (Claimable)
Julius Rigby : Driver & Handyman (Claimable)
Matthew Weaver : Gardener & Valet
Jean-Marie Laveau : Ancient Voodoo King
Raphael Blanc : Voodoo Practitioner
Enzo Lopez : Voodoo Practitioner
Charlie Price : Local College Kid

Cast of Characters, Player Controlled:

Emile Tremblay : Professor of Alchemy & Potioncraft
Gabriel Nikitas : Future Professor of Ritual & Spellcraft
Brendan LaVey : Advanced Student
Lowell Genen : Novice Student
Job Dollan : Novice Student
Chase Sun : Novice Student
Leviticus Ramsey : Neighboring Flirt

Character Sheet: Once Interest is Shown, A Blank Sheet Will Arrive Via PM

Recommended Resources: Primarily American Horror Story: Coven, but also Dante's Cove & Dark Shadows for added flavor.

Style of Play: Freeform with a Minor Leveling System for Powers
Pacing: Casual to Steady, Semi-Committed, Quality Posting Preferred
Level of Sexual Activity: Mild to Extreme

Additional Notes: Nothing is written in stone! I'm all eyes and ears. If you have an idea that doesn't initially fit with this IC, we can probably work it out. Just ask! There are no stupid questions, only stupid actions when you second guess yourself or make assumptions.

By the way, I plan to make this more game-like than not. So, for example, certain aspects of character creation - such as primary and secondary powers, as well as histories and motivations - will be purposefully withheld from the group, just to keep things interesting. I want there to be an element of surprise and for characters to disclose such details through role play, up to and including sexual desires and wants. I've participated in far too many plots where a player simply looks at another player's character sheet and acts/reacts to something they read there and not to what was actually happening in-game. Now, that's not to say that I, as the GM, won't be privy to such details, but I would prefer that these things be kept secret until made known through a character's thoughts, words, and actions.

Cheers,
TNT aka Tony

Orange Marmalade

Woot!

Working on something for either one of the staff spots or the advanced student... ideas incoming!

boyblue23

You know I am interested  ;) Just gotta decide if I want to revamp my old character or start all over... hmmm

Twisted iN Tux

Got ya penciled in for the Advanced Student, OM, as per our PM conversation.

Yes, bb, I know and I'm excited, too! I look forward to seeing which route you'll go. To vamp or not to vamp? Hmmm indeed. Oh, and to answer your PM'd question, there will be a formal character sheet, but I'm not going to post it until we get enough interest shown. That said, start formulating/reformulating those PCs and plots!

boyblue23

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 24, 2015, 12:26:57 PM
Got ya penciled in for the Advanced Student, OM, as per our PM conversation.

Yes, bb, I know and I'm excited, too! I look forward to seeing which route you'll go. To vamp or not to vamp? Hmmm indeed. Oh, and to answer your PM'd question, there will be a formal character sheet, but I'm not going to post it until we get enough interest shown. That said, start formulating/reformulating those PCs and plots!

Aye aye Captain!!   XD

Dotley

You know how much I do adore male witches  :-)

I'm tentatively interested, but I'll need to wait and see the extent of the system/game-like aspects before I let myself start thinking character concepts.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Dotley on February 24, 2015, 12:42:05 PM
You know how much I do adore male witches  :-)

I'm tentatively interested, but I'll need to wait and see the extent of the system/game-like aspects before I let myself start thinking character concepts.

Yes, I know all too well. *smirk*

Anywho, I'm not thinking of anything too elaborate system-wise. I'm not really a fan of such things myself. Basically, when it comes to powers, I'm thinking of dishing out a certain number of points - and rewarding additional points throughout the game - that can be used to more or less buy and then level up said powers, of which there will be many. Also, to keep things a bit more realistic and, well, even, there will be limits set, at the start, so that a PC doesn't suddenly have the ability to set the entire academy on fire with a single stroke of their pinky.

Make sense?

boyblue23

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 24, 2015, 12:50:27 PM

Anywho, I'm not thinking of anything too elaborate system-wise. I'm not really a fan of such things myself. Basically, when it comes to powers, I'm thinking of dishing out a certain number of points - and rewarding additional points throughout the game - that can be used to more or less buy and then level up said powers, of which there will be many. Also, to keep things a bit more realistic and, well, even, there will be limits set, at the start, so that a PC doesn't suddenly have the ability to set the entire academy on fire with a single stroke of their pinky.

Make sense?

teehee *imagining pinky powers*

Twisted iN Tux

Did I say pinky? I meant penis. *wicked grin* Just kidding! Sort of. *shifty eyes*

boyblue23

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 24, 2015, 01:00:46 PM
Did I say pinky? I meant penis. *wicked grin* Just kidding! Sort of. *shifty eyes*

!!! *imagination overload* hahaha

Scylla

Count me in.  I'll play whatever part the head dick- er, Tony needs.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: PixelDust on February 25, 2015, 06:59:12 AM
Count me in.  I'll play whatever part the head dick- er, Tony needs.

Welcum aboard! As per our PM conversation, I saved you a Novice Student slot. Good lick! Er, I mean, luck, yeah, good luck with the Headmaster. He's a bit of a dick.

Scylla

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 25, 2015, 07:24:56 AM
Welcum aboard! As per our PM conversation, I saved you a Novice Student slot. Good lick! Er, I mean, luck, yeah, good luck with the Headmaster. He's a bit of a dick.

That's alright.  I can handle a dick.

Lockepick

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: lockepick on February 25, 2015, 08:50:49 AM
Voicing my interest here!

Nice! I just sent you a reply to your PM and answered a few of your questions, which - I hope you don't mind - I'd like to share here...

1. Yes, this is an alternate version of AHS: Coven, so we won't be seeing any canon characters or exact story lines from there, unless the group wishes, wants or demands it. We may dabble in the 'who will replace The Supreme plot,' but that will probably be as close as we get.

2. Yes, there will be powers beyond The Seven Wonders. What those will be are yet to be determined. I have a few things in mind. If anyone else has any thoughts on the matter, do not hesitate to share!

I believe that is all for now. I'm off to lunch with friends. Keep those interests cummin'! Tell a friend! Tell two! We still have plenty of slots open.

Cheers,
Tony

boyblue23

Count me in for a student!! If there is still room!

Lockepick

Right now I'm leaning towards student myself -- though if I made a second character, it would probably be a Spirit or Society member.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Dotley

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 24, 2015, 12:50:27 PM

Make sense?

Definitely makes sense! Thank you for explaining  :)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Scylla

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 25, 2015, 09:09:05 AM
Nice! I just sent you a reply to your PM and answered a few of your questions, which - I hope you don't mind - I'd like to share here...
1. Yes, this is an alternate version of AHS: Coven, so we won't be seeing any canon characters or exact story lines from there, unless the group wishes, wants or demands it. We may dabble in the 'who will replace The Supreme plot,' but that will probably be as close as we get.
2. Yes, there will be powers beyond The Seven Wonders. What those will be are yet to be determined. I have a few things in mind. If anyone else has any thoughts on the matter, do not hesitate to share!
I believe that is all for now. I'm off to lunch with friends. Keep those interests cummin'! Tell a friend! Tell two! We still have plenty of slots open.
Cheers,
Tony

As I've said before, I know nothing about the series.  Any info given here would be appreciated when needed.  Or I could just play a clueless novice and learn along with my character.  *shrugs*  That would work.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: PixelDust on February 25, 2015, 03:07:37 PM
As I've said before, I know nothing about the series.  Any info given here would be appreciated when needed.  Or I could just play a clueless novice and learn along with my character.  *shrugs*  That would work.

I'm sure that'll be fine - in fact probably refreshing! Clueless novices are pretty much about what the show was about to start :)

Scylla

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on February 25, 2015, 03:44:50 PM
I'm sure that'll be fine - in fact probably refreshing! Clueless novices are pretty much about what the show was about to start :)

Excellent.  I only watched the first run of AHS.  My wife watched the other seasons, but I fell out of it early on.  I only caught glimpses of Coven.

boyblue23

Quote from: PixelDust on February 25, 2015, 03:47:57 PM
Excellent.  I only watched the first run of AHS.  My wife watched the other seasons, but I fell out of it early on.  I only caught glimpses of Coven.

Yeah discoveries are always interesting and I think being students still discovering their powers and such will be fun!

Ceralilly

I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Twisted iN Tux

bb and locke, Student slots have been saved for you both.

Dotley, does this mean you're one step closer to joining? Please say yes! I mean, uh, no pressure.

Pixel, OM & bb took the words right out of my mouth. I think it will add a nice level of realism if you have zero knowledge of what's happening to you and around you. Relish in it! Exploit it for all it's worth!

Ceralilly! What role would you be interested in taking on?

And, to all. I think we may be at a good place for rolling this along. We're student heavy, but that's okay. With me taking on the roles of both Headmaster and Butler, we have the basic staff needed to make this work. The others can be layered in as we go. So, I will probably post up a blank CS in the next day or so, as well as open an official OOC, and we'll go from there! If anyone has any questions or needs, ask away here or PM me.

Cheers,
Tony

Scylla

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 25, 2015, 04:57:31 PM
And, to all. I think we may be at a good place for rolling this along. We're student heavy, but that's okay. With me taking on the roles of both Headmaster and Butler, we have the basic staff needed to make this work. The others can be layered in as we go. So, I will probably post up a blank CS in the next day or so, as well as open an official OOC, and we'll go from there! If anyone has any questions or needs, ask away here or PM me.

I'll put in for a Staff Member as well.  If needed, I'm willing to play two parts.