News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pandora - Very cool music site.

Started by crystaltears, April 18, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crystaltears

Okay... So I am generally a very... cheap person. Don't do things unless they are free... My solution to have songs on demand without paying is a folder among my bookmarks dedicated solely to that.... But now I've found this little beauty:

Pandora

It's.. very interesting. You type in a song or group and they make a 'station' dedicated to similar music. No commercials (vocal anyway) and registration to save your 'stations' is free. You can often find the lyrics of the songs, and you can tell them if you do or don't like the songs they're playing in association with the group or song you started with.

Works great for me, but I imagine there will be people who dislike it too. Nothing works for everyone. Still, some of you might like it as much as I do so I'm sharing the little thing my friend shared with me with the rest of you. ^^ Enjoy, I hope.
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Inkidu

Thank you! I love this thing! I get all the music no one listens to anymore! Ha!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Le RandomBloke

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S.

We believe that you are in Belgium

RAGE!

Just wait 'till I get on my actual computer. I'll proxy the heck out of it.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Inkidu

Quote from: RandomBloke on April 19, 2009, 05:41:49 PM
We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S.

RAGE!

Sorry Bloke.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Trieste

Pandora is wonderful. I have like 3 main stations that I listen to (I've spent months perfecting them) and I've also spent a lot of time hunting up others' shared stations. I found this one study station that is fantastic for throwing on the earbuds in the library.

And ... jeez, Bloke, the internet hates Belgium.

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on April 19, 2009, 06:11:56 PM
Pandora is wonderful. I have like 3 main stations that I listen to (I've spent months perfecting them) and I've also spent a lot of time hunting up others' shared stations. I found this one study station that is fantastic for throwing on the earbuds in the library.

And ... jeez, Bloke, the internet hates Belgium.
I know and the waffles are awesome. Poor Belgium. :(

crystaltears

Quote from: RandomBlokeInsert Quote

RAGE!

Ooh, that sucks. Hope you get it working though.

Inkidu, I'm glad you like it too. I always try to share cool things when I happen across them (a co-worker showed me this one).

Trieste, I haven't found any shared ones I plug into yet, still learning the ropes on that site. ^^
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Lady Annabelle

So, a little over two years ago, I started my job.  My very first day, I am sitting in my boss' office as we have the normal talk of what is expected of me and what the job all entails too.  His office is freezing, so I am doing my best not to shake in my little skirt and blouse as I listen to him go on and on.  Nodding my head to his words and trying not to think about inappropriate thoughts, I begin to hear music coming from somewhere.  Looking at one of his three monitors, I see a small window that has Pandora playing some beautiful music.

Ever since that day, I have been hooked to it.  I have listened to Pandora everyday at work for close to 8 hours.  It is a permanent fixture at the bottom of my second monitor.  My station has a couple of hundred 'thumbs up' songs and so many more 'thumbs down.'  If it wasn't for Pandora, I don't think I could have survived.  My boss saw that I was listening to Pandora and we talk about how great it is.  So, not only can I listen to it all day at work, but I got the approval from my boss.

Thank you Pandora.  You are greatness.   ;D

*Coughs and sings quietly the song that is currently playing.*  "So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.  Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?  A smile from a veil?  Do you think you can tell?"
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

tesseractive

I like Pandora quite a bit. Though, honestly, I thought Launchcast (once its own thing on launch.com, then part of Yahoo, now gone, I think) was smarter about giving you music you would like.

On the same subject, if you can afford a monthly fee ($10 and up) and you like non-major-label music, Emusic is really, really cool.
~ Tessa ~

We are never not what we are, but we are never not becoming what we will be.

Avis habilis

I like Pandora a lot, but I also use Last.FM. It has a much better selection of certain genres of music (just try & find French rap, raï or Scandinavian folk on Pandora). Where else are you going to find something like "Shamanic Prayer for Richard Feynman" ([noembed]http://www.last.fm/music/Kongar-ool+Ondar/_/Shamanic+Prayer+for+Richard+Feynman[/noembed])? Nowhere, that's where!

Caeli

I tried Pandora, once upon a long time ago, but... just never really got into it? I probably should, since I really have trouble identifying with people who talk about 'popular' music, and I've never even heard the song before. xD Or know who the heck they're talking about.

Personally, I really, really love StumbleAudio - it suits my random nature, and has the same thumbsup-thumbsdown feature. It was actually how I discovered Mission19... I love the band's sound so much, I hunted around on eBay until I found their most recent CD, Five Days From Home, and bought it.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ordell

I personally think Pandora is amazing.  I take it with me everywhere I go thanks to the Pandora iPhone app.  Who needs satellite radio when Pandora does all the good work for you without any commercials whatsoever!

Oniya

Really enjoying this.  My tastes are eclectic, and today happens to be a Dennis DeYoung kind of day.  While only the first song was DDY, the other songs have all gotten a thumbs-up from me.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17