What do you watch on TV nowadays?

Started by redryder, October 23, 2010, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambrosial

I sadly don't have the time I used to for following tv shows, but I would definitely say "The Walking Dead" is worth the effort - even though I don't care much for zombie plots, the story is very well told and entertaining.

The History Channel makes for great background noise, though.
We'll make the honeysuckle jealous.

Ambrosial's Wine Tasting - Original and Fandom Plots (Updated May 2014)
Ons and Offs and Current RP - Updated Sept. 12, 2014
Avatars- For a visual sampler (Updated June 2, 2013!)
Absences - Semi-Absent Through 01/20/15. Please read!

DudelRok

When/if I watch TV I'm watching House M.D. and then it is only in large 3+ hour blocks, or nothing. Then again, I don't watch much TV.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

AtlasEros

I'll be watching the UFC on Spike tonight.
O/O

blue bunny sparkle

I do not have a tv, but I netflix movies and tv episodes.

The latest is the Doctor Who series and the Wire.

yanfaic

As far as current shows go; Doctor Who, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, House, Boardwalk Empire, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office. I've been trying to get into The Wire as well.

I watch Six Feet Under, Firefly and The Sopranos whenever I get the chance too.

tayyerr

Bones, the Office, House M.D., How I Met Your Mother, Dexter, Mad Men...

New for this season I really enjoy Raising Hope and Better With You, and I think I'm one of the few that is sad Running Wilde got axed...  As far as axing goes though, Pushing Daisies never should have gone.  My favorite TV show right there.

Saku

TV Shows Currently Airing
Chuck
Walking Dead
Supernatural
Harry's Law
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
Grey's Anatomy
Vampire Diaries
The Fringe
Dexter
True Blood
Winter Wipeout
Family Guy
Lie to Me
Top Chef
Smallville
Psych

Online Streaming Anime Currently Airing (Japanese with English subtitles)
Bleach
Naruto (& Naruto Shippuden)
One Piece
Detective Conan

I watch more anime but those are the ones I am concentrating on at the moment. xD
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

xanthian

I don't really watch anything on tv as such, I use Hulu and Netflix.

Current shows that I do watch on Hulu and Netflix include:
  American Dad,
  Family Guy,
  House,
  Lie to Me (such an awesome show!),
  Saturday Night Live,
  The Simpsons,
  Doctor Who (which is possibly the greatest show ever).

I'm also getting through these 'cause I missed them the first time:
  Farscape,
  Angel

It does't matter if you can't run faster than some other guy, as long as you can run faster than yourself 6 months ago.

I've been asked what it's like to have Bipolar Disorder. I always tell them, 'It has its ups and downs'.

Hemingway

The only show I watch with any sort of regularity, and only for the past few weeks, is Justified. I'm having a hard time figuring out just what it's trying to be, but Timothy Olyphant is pretty cool, and I can sort of appreciate the setting and the premise, so, hey ...

Callie Del Noire

Anyone seen Luther or Sherlock (BBC productions) Luther is on BBC America and Sherlock is on Mystery. (PBS)

Oniya

Love the Sherlock I've seen.  I'm a big fan of the original, and I think the new one fits very well with the established character.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lain

Been spending a lot of time with my dad with my mother taking care of her parents and I've found myself inlove with his old shows, currently Gunsmoke is the best! No one messes with Miss Kitty!
He's also gotten me watching House (again, haven't since season 3) and NCIS both when it's on and I have time.

Though, on my own, I have been watching Young Justice & Metalacolypse (Can't wait to season 4! Pesky cliffhangers!).

I don't care for many new shows and I am more of a movie person XD but when the TV is on I'll watch those (Even though I watch Young Justice on CN or Youtube)
My Heritage Is Rebellion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on February 16, 2011, 01:04:20 AM
Love the Sherlock I've seen.  I'm a big fan of the original, and I think the new one fits very well with the established character.

I LOVED the show.. drove me nots that there are only a few eps up yet. Grrr.. BBC and their weird formats!

WittyShrew

Lie to Me (Got the seasons and I'm excited ;P)
Criminal Minds (Same as above ;D)
CSI: NY
CSI
Anything on the family channel which is Canada's equivalent to the Disney channel, I fink.

:B

Callie Del Noire

Ah.. been checking up on Season 2 of Sherlock.. only 3 words about the 3 'movies': "Adler, Hound, Reichenbach"

Mmmmmm...

Looks good.

Oniya

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 08, 2011, 12:35:28 AM
Ah.. been checking up on Season 2 of Sherlock.. only 3 words about the 3 'movies': "Adler, Hound, Reichenbach"

Mmmmmm...

Looks good.

Can't wait for the DVR to trip.  As soon as it hits Masterpiece Mystery, it's mine.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on March 08, 2011, 12:58:58 AM
Can't wait for the DVR to trip.  As soon as it hits Masterpiece Mystery, it's mine.

I hate the face they do JUST 3 eps per season.. BASTARDS.. it's AWESOME stuff.. I've watched each of them 3 or 4 times easy. That and Luther. I love Luther too. :D

Izu

Oh man... I'm watching one too many things x'D

In no particular order, currently viewing:

Lie to me
House MD
How I met your mother
Raising Hope
Greek
Grey's Anatomy
Nikita
The Mentalist
Shameless
Fairly Legal
Mad Love
Glee
Secret Diary of a Call Girl
Better with you
American Idol
Off the map
No Ordinary Family
Hellcats
Outsourced
Chuck
America's Next top model
The Cape
Marry me Mary (korean series)

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Drax

Don't watch a huge amount and generally record to watch in a longer evening session
Bones
Hells Kitchen
Extreme Makeover home edition (just addictive)

Others not on but must watches
Dr Who
Primevil
Top Gear

Others generally watched on DVD
CSI NY/LV/M (in that order of importance)
Heroes
Hustle

My Absences

21 May - May be less around over the next few days as moving house and a lack of internet might restrict.

On's and Off's

Should be able to post at least once per week and its often far more frequent

Ophan

In the past few days I found myself watching a lot more TV.

House
NCIS
CSI
Law in Order
Burn Notice
White Collar
Royal Pains
Bait Car
Operation Repo
Forensic Files
((Just about anyone on TruTV or USA))
The Walking Dead

Lunareyes

Hrm; That'd be Dexter, The Big Bang Theory, V and Fringe.

Callie Del Noire

Watching Justified. I discovered that Elmore Leonard is involved in it. Definitely good viewing.

Me and my buds are making bets on who shoots which bad guy by season's end.

Oniya

Just finished watching 'Les Misérables' on DVR.  I was surprised to find out that Nick Jonas actually started out in the theater, and was not just a product of the Disney pop mills.

Haruki

I'll admit, I haven't committed myself to a TV series in a long time.  I do get a kick out of some of the 'reality' shows on channels like Tru TV....Bait Car, Hardcore Pawn, reruns of COPS (been watching that for years...literally since it started in the 1980s).  American Pickers is also pretty neat with all the old interesting stuff they find (and find out how much it's worth)...I forget what channel that's on though.

Other than that, most of my 'series' watching is amongst my collection of anime DVDs.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

ambrosial

I have a lot of random shows on the background while I work - it's good background noise - but the one show I've actively been watching lately is Ru Paul's Drag Race. It's just addicting.
We'll make the honeysuckle jealous.

Ambrosial's Wine Tasting - Original and Fandom Plots (Updated May 2014)
Ons and Offs and Current RP - Updated Sept. 12, 2014
Avatars- For a visual sampler (Updated June 2, 2013!)
Absences - Semi-Absent Through 01/20/15. Please read!