News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sex Note - A Death Note Parody (RECRUITING!)

Started by mrurl42, September 11, 2010, 07:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theuncommonmuse

actually Habaine, I see this as the total opposite.
Since the victim chosen remembers the experience, the book user may very well choose someone who is perhaps a passing acquaintance or even a stranger.  In this day and age, its not difficult to find oiut a strangers name.

Truthfully though, it matters not how you feel the book user should behave, it matters on how the person picked as the first book user chooses to portray their character and the personality traits and behaviours that they enable them with from the start

Roguefairy13

You know I'll be in if you so wish it my dear. And I can be whatever you need me to be. Just let me know.

mrurl42

Quote from: Haibane on September 12, 2010, 06:21:30 PM
You could probably have sex with 50 or more people that way (and a small number of those will really enjoy it and be back for more without you needing to trick them) so, yeah... easy and almost no risk.
No, the risk here would be when the cops start investigating these random sex events.  If people from all over the place report them, that is much harder... but if 50 people in one company report them, then you can assume that the person works for or has access to that company database.  That would severely narrow their search... and very quickly too!  ^_^

Haibane

LOL, time to move on then and do it again elsewhere. But after 50 sessions I think that'd count as a win, how many victories would a Sex Note holder be expected to chalk up anyway? Is it a problem after 50? 100? 1000? I'd count all those as highly successful and even if the cops do start investigating... with damaged memories in the victims a conviction is going to be hard to get, DNA data would be about the only way.

If you were high powered enough and the company was multi-national you could spread your trail of devastation across numerous city offices around the globe, further slowing investigation efforts.

It would be fun though and such a situation would make a great self-contained game even without the group setting.

But whichever way it plays out the concept appeals to me so I'm in.

nepola

Who can find the time?

mrurl42

Quote from: Haibane on September 13, 2010, 07:19:13 AM
If you were high powered enough and the company was multi-national you could spread your trail of devastation across numerous city offices around the globe, further slowing investigation efforts.
That actually makes it EASIER to track the person.  Easier to find the point of origin, which in serial cases is usually where the person lives, and then who in the company has access to the other branch locations.  Narrows your list immediately to only the higher-ups.  Compare that with company travel plans... and done!  ^_^

Sabriel

I am still interested, not been paying attention to all the talk of tactics and such because I personally don't believe in that sort of thing, seams kinda irrelevant to me.

Some people like to do that I guess heh but to me it always been a silly thing unless of course you are actually going to discuss such things IC.

I mean If I was going to have such a book Id never tell anyone what I was going to do with it other than the Yarigami perhaps and ooc the person running the story.  I mean it sort of defeats the purpose of playing something out if you just going to basically script everything. Might as well just write a story yourself then  :P

I mean having book I know does let you script out things in a way but unless you go very detailed it would not like entirely dictate a scene so I imagine to set them up you just show what you had written and that would be down to interpretation.

If you just wrote "X has sex with Y" lots of things could happen that would still count as sex Id imagine.

Still watching anyway :)

theuncommonmuse

Hi Sabriel. You should consider joining in.  As the first owner of the book I can tell you that I am keeping my tactics to myself to be played out band introduced to the story as Shinju ....well as she continues thru the story.  Yes the writing of the details might cause the scene to be anticlimatic but with the time limit to write the details and the yarigami interferring in the scenes, they won't always go as planned so io say jump in and join us!

godfang

I'd love to join and play a Yarigami. I think it will be fun to roleplay an invisible sexgod who watches as the bookowner goes to work on his victim and having unheard conversations as he enjoys the show. Would it be possible for the Yarigamis to touch the humans who can see them? I see some very fun possibilities if they can. I'd love to play both a Yarigami and the girl who he gave the note to if its legal.

So, who do i have to talk to for permission to join?

Haibane

Quote from: mrurl42 on September 13, 2010, 11:00:55 AM
That actually makes it EASIER to track the person.  Easier to find the point of origin, which in serial cases is usually where the person lives, and then who in the company has access to the other branch locations.  Narrows your list immediately to only the higher-ups.  Compare that with company travel plans... and done!  ^_^
This is all supposing that the victims raise complaints. The main point is why would they? Who is actually going to go to the cops just because an office colleague gave them a great night of consensual sex? The percentage will be so close to zero it is hardly worth considering. This isn't rape, its sexy fun. No-one goes to the cops over such things... and if they do no crime has been committed. With no crime the cops are not interested in investigating, no matter how many office workers have sex.

You see?

And then... even IF the cops start to investigate with so many people in so many international locations it will take them a very long time to see patterns by which time the Sex Note holder has moved on.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong at all with your game idea, which is brilliant, I'm just saying that the process of using the Sex Note I'm suggesting is a very safe one and possibly the safest.

Haibane

Quote from: Sabriel on September 13, 2010, 11:27:06 AM
I am still interested, not been paying attention to all the talk of tactics and such because I personally don't believe in that sort of thing, seams kinda irrelevant to me.

Some people like to do that I guess heh but to me it always been a silly thing unless of course you are actually going to discuss such things IC.

I mean If I was going to have such a book Id never tell anyone what I was going to do with it other than the Yarigami perhaps and ooc the person running the story.  I mean it sort of defeats the purpose of playing something out if you just going to basically script everything. Might as well just write a story yourself then  :P
Another person who has misunderstood the conversation ;)

I'm just chucking ideas around because its fun. I'm not telling people the plan I'm going to follow, should I play such a role. I may never even play a Note holder, I'm just enjoying myself turning over facets of this game idea.

theuncommonmuse

Quote from: Haibane on September 13, 2010, 12:09:16 PM
Another person who has misunderstood the conversation ;)

I'm just chucking ideas around because its fun. I'm not telling people the plan I'm going to follow, should I play such a role. I may never even play a Note holder, I'm just enjoying myself turning over facets of this game idea.

Bites her lip and promises MrUrl she will be a good girl and not use profane language.

Haibane, it seems that "turning over facets of the game" as you say," is causing more issues than not.  Clarification of rules is one thing, but postulating on how you feel characters should be played is not.  How you chose to play your character is your business, you telling people how they should run their game is not.

I am all for "discussion, but imposing your will on someone elses game is not what I would call discussion.

*steps off her soap box and goes back to getting Shinju ready

Sabriel

QuoteAnother person who has misunderstood the conversation ;)

I think you have obviously misunderstood what I said, I never said there was anything wrong with tossing ideas around or discussing and enjoying facets of the game either there is a vast difference between that and tactics to me anyway. I said I had not been paying attention to things like tactics because it does not interest me (I.E I could see no reason to respond to such its nothing to do with me.), nowhere did I say that had anything to do with you either or suggest that "you" where talking about tactics or that talking about them was wrong. 

I sorry if you took offense at my explanation of why I had not really posted anymore about my interest in things, I am glad you enjoy turning over facets of game ideas too I do as well but well not everything is relevant to me or provokes me to respond.   

pendarious

yare yare such heated discussion over points of view and the likes.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

mrurl42

NOW RECRUITING FOR MOST ROLES.

The roles of the demon and the book holder are for now filled.  Police may be needed soon, but mostly we need victims (willing or unwilling ones).  Students at a school would be the easiest, but we are flexible and can do most anything.  Post in the OOC threads if you are interested or PM me or the book holder if you want to join or have an idea!

ALREADY SHOWED INTEREST?  Come back!  The game is now up and fully running, waiting for you to come play!  ^_^

mrurl42

*sigh*

Seems like there is little interest anymore.  I think this game might be placed on hold if there is still no interest in a few days.  Please PM me or respond to this thread if you want to join!  ^_^

SEEKING "victims" for the book!

Callie Del Noire

mrurl42

mental changes?  sure... you would have to do what the scene in the book calls for.

no physical changes tho, as it only makes you DO things... ^_^

If you have an idea for a scene/victim let me know.  The current person holding the book is looking to "test" it soon anyway.  Check out the OOC forums and talk to her if you have something you want to do ;)