[VtR, Extreme Exotic] Gomorrah

Started by RubySlippers, June 30, 2008, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Ruled by King Birsha this game is for those wanting to play Daeva as the main Kindred of the Middle East and well before its fabled destruction. Forget Covenants and the hierarchy of the game rules this is set in ancient days when Kindred were few and free to play. In fact vampires are known to the region as blessed of the gods and goddesses and there is no need to hide, well up to now.

This game will be in Extreme- Exotic short of sex with underage persons a huge no no here this is for the players who want to be free to lose it to their vices and revel as leaders. Feel free to walk the streets as vampires or not, but some power is on the move hunting the Daeva with some skills and has begun forcing a hiding of the younger ones using guile.

There is an Elder Shaliira, a powerful and ravishing creature that leads the Daeva with a gentle talon who holds her own court and the power behind the throne.

Atlus

I'm interested. Is this a system game? If so what version would we be using?
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Atlus

I figured out the answer to my own question. VtR for Vampire the Requiem. I'm still interested but I don't know how the new system works. I know the old one though.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

RubySlippers

Well I will like enough players for a good game since the city will only have maybe ten or so Kindred some NPC's.

Atlus

Ok. How many do we need? Also, could you give me a few more details on the setting?

Elohim

Is this essentially a clan Chronicle, because that is sort of what it looks like.

RubySlippers

Well its one of the five great cities in the Valley of Siddim and vampires are in a rather tight spot someone is hunting them, and that never happened before. So the new vampires recently brought over are favoring concealing themselves among the mortals and being more discrete, while the elders and the old guard just walk around in the night and everyone knows they are vampires. Not that they care save the elders have been coming down hard on the more immoral practices (child brothels and certain excesses) and have the power and resources to do so, except in Sodom. So in some ways being a vampire is easy its a very promiscuous and hedonistic society and the Kiss is very pleasant and the vampires tend to be weall off if not very wealthy. Orgies are common at the temples and drugs common so feeding is a matter of either owning a slave or strolling down the street and hiring a whore, or just taking some mortal you like after asking. But the new ones are hiding and making hunting them harder but having to work more to secure food sources discretely.

Some themes will be elders verses the young, the hunters being hunted, dealing with your humanity when the society is immoral by modern standards and very much so in some areas and of course forging your own path and a clash of faiths the native ones verses the alien concepts of the Hebrews and their One God.

I would like at least two or three players, all must be Daeva or Mekhet, both would be regional enough. Other clans would have to be argued and a case made that makes sense. Gangrel and Nosferatu are European and the Ventrue appeared just around the time of Rome so they are out. Mekhet are from Egypt so they are not impossible although the main clan is the Daeva, Ur is closes to the area so they reached the cities first, but they are not Covenant based a vampire that behaves is welcomed.

Elohim

What book describes the clans lands of Origin?  I really don't have many of the books besides the Covenant books and a few bloodline books.  But, I'd be interested in figuring out more about the history of the Kindred.

RubySlippers

Well its under the core VtR book under the clan descriptions in the front of the book, under the basic info not the system two page sheets. The Daeva are widely accepted as being one of the oldest clans out of the fertile cresent region. Mekhet from Egypt. Ventrue are later and formed as a clan around the rise of Rome. The Gangrel Eastern Europe and Nosferatu in Europe. Bloodlines and other clans may be different. But with the only major contact being in the salf and spice trade to Egypt, East and maybe the Greek States a little then certain clans just don't make sense. And the Daeva are the big ones this was in the early expansion and nearest their homelands of origin. Mekhet do make sense since Egypt would trade in the region very likely they are also a very expansive power in that area.

In the end though what I say goes if you can make the case and I have the books we can talk. That means for me the core VtR book and Daeva Clanbook are my main sources the latter for obvious reasons.

Marie Reynolds

Actually Gangrel would be present there is an entire Middle eastern Blood line known as the Taifa

RubySlippers

If I allow the bloodline, I stated core books only the nWoD Core and VtR Core and those don't have that bloodline so its not in my game. For me it is the basics of where they started the Daeva and Makhet are Middle Eastern originating clans the rest aren't with the Ventrue not until the rise of the Roman Empire. And what clans would do to keep out rivals there are no covenants or organization more than Elders and their childer, a stray clan member might be allowed but its heavily going to be a Daeva game due to the location. One other clan member might be in the city state but would have to be beholden to the elders in power.