Are you delirious? Lit. M/F - Fantasy & Sci-Fi & ... plots inside

Started by Delirium147, June 09, 2012, 10:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium147

Delirium's request thread:
(Don't post here, send me a pm stating you are interested (including some details), or feel free to add me on one of the chat-clients I have listed. I'm chat friendly.)

Hello wonderful person  :-* , thank you for checking out my thread.

Below you will find my personal favourite plotlines, ideas, fantasies, concepts, fandoms, settings, pairings,...

This list isn't exhaustive and subject to change.

Below is a paragraph you can also find in my O/O-page. Please take the time to peruse it.

A few notes about me: I'm not a native speaker, so some things can get past me (mostly expressions and slang). However, I do want to point out that my English is more than satisfactory. I'm not opposed to friendly chat.

I'm straight but not against using homosexuality/bisexuality/... within plot reasons.

My timezone is GMT +1/+2

The subsequent list consists of the things I like and more information about myself as a roleplayer and what I look for in a potential roleplay partner. The contents of this thread are prone to change and expansion and by no means definitive. I've put a lot of time and effort in this, please invest some of your own to go through it. If something is unclear and you wish me to elaborate, please, don't hesitate to contact me.

While I will write and roleplay on the forum, I would very much prefer to discuss specifics/plots over an IM-client as it speeds up the process considerably.

Roleplaying method: I post multiple paragraphs. Depending on the rp and what my partner gives me, those can extend quite a lot. I write mostly in third person, past tense. Though if my partner prefers another, I will try to cater to that demand.

Stuff I like from an OOC-point of view:
    Literacy: If you have a way with words, descriptions, expressions and the like, I will love you to bits. This by no means obligates you to send me posts spanning pages, I look for quality not quantity. Though, if you can produce a large amount of quality, that's even better :P.
    Details: Goes hand in hand with the above. Details are awesome and spice up the story. Let me know what something tastes like, what it is you smell, feel, what colour the sky has, etc. The more the merrier! Weave a painting for my imagination. I will certainly do my best to do the same so we can immerse in the setting  ;). Describe what is happening! ::) This also includes the ability to portray more than one character.
    Four values: communication, honesty, effort & Respect: Respect me as a player and friend. I like to know my roleplay partners at least superficially. Preferably I'll know you well. Experience has taught me that if you get along OOCly the roleplay itself will benefit. Keep me updated on your life, you can be as personal or unpersonal as you want to be. I don't want to wait around for five weeks while you're out partying in South-America without letting me know. Talk to me, we're both in this. I'm an understanding and reasonable guy; if you can't post for a few days, I'll understand. Also, if you're losing interest or want to try something else, please, let me know!
    Originality & spontaneity: Surprise me, work something out with me, offer suggestions, etc.
    My partner: Not sure if this comes as a surprise or not but I am concerned about the likes and dislikes of my partner. You want to try something? Let me know! Don't like something we were planning on doing? Let me know! etc. ;-)
    Character Sheets

A note on roles I like to play:

I generally dislike playing a 'good' or 'evil' character. My characters tend to be rather 'neutral' on this scale: they will have good and bad qualities, or they have the right intentions but use ruthless methods. My personalities will be formed over the course of years; I try to make them plausible, with foundations on which their character is built. However, I might feel like playing an evil overlord from time to time.

For the sake of easy description, the following list can give you an idea of character roles I can play.
Strong, confident and powerful men.
Manipulative schemers.
Charming seducers.
Sadists.
However, I can also play the opposite side of the spectrum and be more submissive if the right personality comes along.

Other "Recent" Search Threads:
Currently looking for: /

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

FANTASY PLOTS

By far my favourite setting to play in. Doesn't mean I play this exclusively, far from it. Fantasy is just so alluring to me, being an already existing, generic world or something we work out ourselves.

I prefer my fantasy to be medium to low. Which is to say, magic is rare and the used races are realistic. I understand this might sound paradoxal to some. What I mean is: no organic robots from the outer space who come from the future... Stick to the established ones: elves, orcs, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, dryads, ... Or at least try to make your own created races be plausible.

Fandoms:

• Dragon Age: Arishok, Hawke, Varic, Warden, OC
  • Lord of the Rings: OC
  • Game of Thrones [a Song of Ice and Fire] (very good with it, one of my favourite settings even before the show)
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • The Witcher
  • Gor
  • Warhammer fantasy
  • other

IDEA 1: Title to be determined
The Virian Wilds are a remote region, rarely visited by travellers. The only regular outsiders are the armed caravans going from North to South and East to West between the cities bordering the Wilds. The distance they have to traverse is immense though, and filled with peril as the warring clans of nomads pride on the goods and wares the traders transport; gold, jewellery, carpet, hides, incense, spices, slaves, etc. Often the raiders sell the stolen goods themselves to a rivalling city or mercantile house.
Hard environments breed hard people. Kesarh grew up in the Virian Wilds as the son of tribal chieftain and to compensate what nature lacked in disciplinary skill, he suffered an extremely tough upbringing by his father. He was forged to be the next leader of the nomad clan once Mors was too old or weak to lead.

IDEA 2: Dragonlord
In the land of Eleran magic is rare but powerful. There are those whose innate ability and affinity is recognised from childbirth and are taught and honed to use their skill; master it. However, people with magical abilities tend to have a very passionate and violent nature, undoubtedly caused by the arcane powers coursing within them. The royal line of Eleran is no different, yet they are the only male magic wielders the world knows off who are born with their abilities. As if to compensate for the lack of 'male magic' users, warlocks tend to be extremely powerful and skilled in wielding their power. Other types of magic in males are usually unlocked by binding with a magical creature like a dragon. Another thing the royal line is blessed with; they are dragonriders, masters of scaled behemoths who either capture and tame the beasts or nurture a dragon hatchling from the egg. Dragons seem to act as catalysts and focalisers for their masters, increasing their lifespans and abilities in general.
Female mages or sorceresses are more frequent but less powerful than an individual male. However, they seem to have the ability to 'bond' and combine their powers. When bonded, a group of females can best a warlock. They too can bond with dragons, but not the large variants or species males usually 'soulbind' with. Because rogue female casters can pose such a threat to the royal line, they are either trained from childbirth or captured and 'tamed'. Sorceress are feisty and rebellious by nature. Like powerful dragons, they need a strong Master to keep them under control.
A bonding between warlock and sorceresses is also possible, increasing the strength and power of both parties. The soulbind with humans however is harder to control than with dragons and binding more than one sorceress is a clear display of magical and personal prowess.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Idea 3: The Dreadlands:

Still working out the setting; read about it here.

Idea 4: The Drekkars:

“Sixty years have passed since the Drekkars came from across the Northern Ocean in their dragon-longships. They hail from a hard land, and the elders say hard places breed hard men. For men are made in the image of the land they live in. If such is the case the Drekkars’ home is also a cruel and poor land; how else would one explain the greed and appetite that consumes a Drekkan mind.

Pagans. Their gods are wrong. They live lives of debauchery, from one day to the next rather than plan ahead to build a future. They are incapable of building, rather taking the property of others too weak to defend it. Their women lie with dogs while their men plough sheep. No wonder their offspring is tamed rather than educated. It is unnatural, yet this is the life of a Drekkar.

Now, our once beautiful Isles are cursed and divided. The old line of Kings is running dry and soon to slip into the obscurity of history.”
(based on Anglo-Saxon Britain, Vikings, ...)

Idea 5: TES Skyrim
Read first post here. Bard/rogue & your character (OC?)

Idea 6: Aerion Brightflame - a sadist, slightly insane Targaryen prince
Read first post here.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

Historical Roleplay

TBD

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

Science-Fiction Roleplay

Fandoms:

• Star Wars
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Firefly
  • John Carter of Mars (BARSOOM)
  • Borderlands
  • Warhammer 40K

Original settings/stories:

IDEA 1: Elous, strange planet

Elous was a peculiar rock of a planet located at the fringe of known space and known as a haven for the scum of the galaxy or figures unfortunate enough to end up on its surface in bordering sectors. Over the centuries it has become a crucible of races and cultures as criminal empires, syndicates and mercenary companies fought over the rich and lucrative Phrik and Lommite deposits. However, these are now largely depleted and abandoned.
When the large companies retreated their investments from Elous, many workers and miners were left stranded and at the hands of the bandits and mercenaries that had made their homes on Elous. Those that could pay their passage quickly fled the planet out of fear of being reduced to slaves or serfs to one of the criminal overlords looking to carve out his own little kingdom or fall prey to one of the planet’s predators.

Life on Elous is hard and unforgiving, with temperatures ranging from -68 °C at the poles up to 60°C between the tropics and an extremely vicious flora and fauna to complement it. To make matters worse, Elous’ atmosphere is thick, though rich with oxygen, and complicates space travel. As such only one spaceport is still operational, and even there traffic is limited. Entire weeks can pass without a ship docking there, as most trade is controlled by mercenaries, pirates and slavers, however there are a few paramilitary organisations or companies willing to take the risk of a life on Elous.
Isolated as it is, Elous boosts a strange and exotic collection of communities and people that have developed relatively cut off from the galactic life; each with their own traditions, morals and peculiarities. They have adapted to the world around them, being the steppes, tropic forests, estuaries, swamps, deserts or radioactive wastelands.
There are quite a few cities, risen from remnants of former miner colonies and corporate settlements, that dot Elous’ diverse continents. Nonetheless there is no central government and spheres of influence occasionally change when a robber baron or bandit king is slain.
In a nutshell: Elous is wild, dangerous and untamed and will try to swallow anything and anyone.

Idea 2: revolutionary space opera:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=150692.0

Idea 3: W40K Cults and the Iquisition:
Setting characteristics: gothic, sci-fi, oppressive regimes, cults, decadence, servitude, bondage, evil gods, mutation, super-soldiers,…
Eye Candy
Background information selected for easy reference

"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die. Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."

The Adepta Sororitas, also known as the Sisters of Battle and formerly known as the Daughters of the Emperor, are an all-female division of the Imperial Cult's ecclesiastical Adepta known as the Ecclesiarchy or, more formally, as the Adeptus Ministorum (Imperial State Religion, cfr the Papacy). The Sisterhood's Orders Militant serve as the Ecclesiarchy's fighting arm, mercilessly rooting out corruption and heresy within humanity and every organization of the Imperium. There is naturally some overlap between the duties of the Sisterhood and the Imperial Inquisition; for this reason, although the Inquisition and the Sisterhood remain entirely separate organisations, the Orders Militant of the Sisterhood also act as the Chamber Militant of the Inquisition's Ordo Hereticus. The Sisterhood serves as the Ministorum's only official military force because the Decree Passive laid down by the reformist Ecclesiarch Sebastian Thor (cfr. Pope) held that in the wake of the Age of Apostasy of the 36th Millennium, the Ecclesiarchy cannot maintain any men under arms. This was supposed to limit the power of the Ecclesiarchy. However, the Ministorum was able to circumvent this decree by using the all-female military force of the Sisterhood's Orders Militant. More Information

The Chaos Gods, also called the Dark Gods or the Ruinous Powers, are powerful entities who inhabit and control the psychic dimension that underlies all physical reality known as the Immaterium or the Warp, created and sustained by the emotions and collective desires of every sentient being of the material universe. Although they are god-like beings, the Dark Gods are by their nature monomaniacal and completely single-minded since they are formed entirely of a single emotion or concept. The Chaos Gods are dependent upon the emotions of mortal creatures, especially the hordes of humanity, for their power and continued existence. As a result, the Chaos Gods strive to convert all mortals to their worship and service so that they may ultimately dominate the universe. However, if they were to win such a dark victory, it would likely destroy all of reality when the dimensional separation between realspace and the Immaterium broke down in its wake. More Information

Slaanesh, also known as the Dark Prince, the Prince of Pleasure and even the Prince of Chaos in the Imperium of Man, is the Chaos God of Pleasure, Passion, and Decadence. Lust, pride and self-indulgence are the hallmarks of all who follow him. He is the youngest of the Chaos Gods, having come to full sentience within the Immaterium only during the 30th Millennium. While generally referred to as a "he" by humans and as a female by the Eldar, Slaanesh is actually neither gender, combining characteristics of both, and perfecting them. Slaanesh typically appears in an androgynous form in which it is a woman on the right side and a man on the left with two sets of devilish horns growing from its head. Slaanesh can assume any form; male, female, hermaphrodite or no gender at all, but it prefers male bodies. Its sacred number is six and the colours associated with Slaanesh are purple, pink and black.

Idea 4: Dystopian Future:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Earth was destroyed by a series of international conflicts. Responsibility of the cataclysmic nucleo-thermal apocalypse has been lost in the mist of time. Even so... where can the blame be placed when none of the institutions or nations exist today? Perhaps only with humanity itself...

However, with great suffering rises the need to band together. Mankind endured, rose up from the radioactive ashes like the proverbial phoenix. Not everything was lost, and cities new and old grew. Populations aggregated in enormous conurbations, consisting of several cities, ruled by the elite coming from the survivors of the old wealth. Humanity’s survival depended on using ruthless means, taking a large toll on the remaining health of the ecosystem. However, what use is trying to save a dying world from pollution?

The rich and powerful, safe in their towers of steel and glass, watch the poor wretches writhing in the dirt and mud of the slums and urban sprawl, desperately carving out a life among the ruins and factories.

With technological advancement, unemployment soars which causes crime and unrest to increase as well. High levels of pollution and radioactivity have caused mutations in humans and animals. While most of the cities are safeguarded from the blight of mutants, the wide wastelands stretching out from the walls to the horizon, are riddled with degenerate societies of bandits, mutated freaks and savages. A strange infection has also spread through the lower strata of society, leading to the implementation of a system of apartheid and quarantine. The vicious wasteland surrounding the cities, makes that expulsion from the relative safety of the megalopolises is one of the worst punishments possible.

Infected are also victims of mutation, most specifically a mutation of a fungus hailing from the South-American rainforests. The fungus grows while the host is still alive, taking away their higher brain function (and with it, their humanity), and causing the infected to become hyper-aggressive (stage 1).

As the infection progresses, the host loses their sight as a result of fungal growth over most of the head and damage to their visual cortex (stage 2). The infected develop a primitive form of echolocation to compensate (stage 3). Over a very long time, they will eventually develop hardened fungal plates over most of their body (stage 4). If the fungus kills the host, the host's body will grow stalk-like fungal projections which release infectious spores. The infection can also be spread through bites from living hosts. Hosts can only be infected while alive, as the fungus is unable to infect dead bodies.

While Wynter Combine attempts to fuse mankind with machine, creating the next-stage in human evolution, the Arata Foundation seeks to improve through gene-therapy. The former is famous for fusing mechanical parts onto the human body, successfully creating cyborgs and cybernetics, whereas the latter is renowned for its humanitarian efforts, biomedical exploration and groundbreaking research into genetics (and the application thereof).

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

CURRENT ROLEPLAYS:

PREVIOUS ROLEPLAYS:

Ravenswood House - psychological erotism, Victorian Asylum (DamnedEternally)

Knowledge Feeds the Soul - modern day, university (DamnedEternally)

Royal Purple - medieval fantasy (Aerindel)

Gods of Marble - SciFi (SubAbi)

Other Duties as Assigned - Modern Day workplace (SubAbi)

What Pride hath Wrought - Dragon Age, Tevinter, Qun (Andronica)

The Black Chair - medieval fantasy with BDSM (CopperLily)

Out of the East - Antiquity, ancient Greece (AbsintheTori

The Count of Grey (Whimsical)

Winged Shadow - Dragonlord plot (Flickaha)

Nymph(omaniac) - fantasy/historical with nymphs! (Ellipsis)

Ambrosia - modern day BDSM styled (Whimsical)

The Blade Itself Incites Violence - fantasy, 8th Century Britain inspired fantasy (Andronica)

Commotion at Luindalot - sorcerer/apprentice (LadyChevalier) - on hold

The Purple Curse (Evelyn)

Of Crowns and Cloth (Lucifia) - on hold

Engineering a Destiny (Neysha)

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

UPDATES

26-07-2012 Update added two settings and did some editing.

23-08-2012 Minor tweaking and added the idea of the Drekkars. Updated current rp-list.

11-10-2013 Updated rp-list.

9-08-2014 Updated opening post, added W40K idea and section of Current Cravings, minor updates throughout.

23-12-2014 Updated for the holidays. Edited roleplay-list.

24-11-2016 Updated request thread and O/Os page.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

It has been a while, but my schedule has finally calmed down a little bit.

Looking for some fantasy styled rp. Would prefer to talk out the details via chatclient or pm.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

Bumping this up after a while. Edited throughout.

Added Current Cravings list and W40K setting. Looking for something on the more extreme end of the spectrum.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

Updated Current Roleplays list. Please take care to peruse my O/Os page as well.

The W40K craving is being discussed with someone, though I am still open to different suggestions for the same universe.

Also looking for an historical themed roleplay with fantasy elements (see section 'Current Cravings'). Preferrably something based on the period of the Diadochs.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

Bumping after a while.

Currently looking for something fantasy, historical with a lot of powerplay involved. I hope you don't mind getting tied up or slapped? Then again, might be persuaded for a more romance-oriented play. Also in the mood for a variety of different subjects (BDSM infused, D/S, maybe even transformation), pm me with suggestions and cravings!

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Delirium147

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.