Quick Display Name Question

Started by Keaira, January 04, 2014, 12:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaira

I know that we can request our display name to be changed once with any G-level admin. I was curiius if there was anything in particular that needed to be written out or explained in this request?
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Jag

Not really. Just send them the name you wish to be changed to (a little explanation probably doesn't hurt). When you log in, you still have to use your original name though. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lilias

Also, keep in mind that your new name of choice may not be available, so it's good to have a fallback option ready in advance.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Keaira

Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Oniya

Quote from: Lilias on January 04, 2014, 01:03:27 PM
Also, keep in mind that your new name of choice may not be available, so it's good to have a fallback option ready in advance.

In most cases, you can use the 'Search Member List' to see if a given name has been taken.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Keaira

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2014, 01:13:00 PM
In most cases, you can use the 'Search Member List' to see if a given name has been taken.

I was actually doing that, but I will have a backup just in case.
Oh's and No's