The Red Corsair: Tyrant of the Scarus Sector (SciFi, Pirate, Bon, Non-Con)

Started by Vostroya, June 17, 2013, 01:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nataleigh

Trek. Star Trek.

I don't think we have anything from Star Wars in here just yet.
I'm BACK from vacation! <3 <3 <3

We need more teachers and students at St. Jude! Please join! <3

ShadowFox89

I know. I'm a big Star Wars fan, and always planned on having a character from a race from Star Wars.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Clio

Quote from: Nataleigh on June 24, 2013, 08:06:37 PM
Trek. Star Trek.

I don't think we have anything from Star Wars in here just yet.

Ack! I'm sorry. I was thinking Star Trek, but I wrote Star Wars. Sorry... :(
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Nataleigh

I'm personally trying to stick with just races and common weapons. :P

We can do more if we want, though.

Strifesblaze7

Well, I'd like a bit of the races for story fun, good fighting.

Cthonig

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 24, 2013, 07:43:48 PM
All ships are required to have stairs leading to secure systems!
LOL. You do know the new Daleks can deal with stairs, right?

As for parts of the mash-up, I want to point out that it looked like Vos was not including the higher tech from Mass Effect or Star Trek (some of the mass effect technology although he was allowing biotics and no transporters or replicators). It seemed like he was going for a grittier feel where not everything is solved by high tech stuff. I was sort of surprised he didn't ask Drake to tone down his character's abilities a bit. But that was his choice.

I mention this stuff so we can determine what tech levels we have in what areas. So far Vos had only let ST and ME in so if we're bringing in other stuff we need to verify what is being added. If it's just races, no problem. Some universes generally aren't a problem with what is already set up - like Star Wars. A lot of the Doctor Who stuff will be a problem if we use the new series. Weapons also vary greatly.

I'm not posting this to discourage anyone/anything but just to provide info and make sure things get discussed before this starts.

EDIT: removed unless material.

Nataleigh

You could also go the 'easy' path with such things as ship speeds and weapons and call them all basically equally matched so you bring things in more for looks and specialties than because it's supposed to be stronger or faster than blah blah blah.

Clio

When I mentioned Doctor Who, I essentially meant alien races. Obviously not Time Lords, Daleks or Cybermen, but Silurians would be cool. Sexy lizards. ;)

Anyway, I think as long as we keep everything in moderation, we'll be fine.

And Twi'leks would be cool. ;)

I haven't heard back from Vos, but I'd still like to take this slower. I will put up a character thread later today, and an OOC. I'll look at our distribution of characters and see where we should start...and what our IC thread should be. Like I said, the IC probably won't be put up today. We still need to make sure we're all ready. :)

Btw, what did you guys think of Arysa?

And for now, I think the Red Corsair should just be a background character that sort of 'runs' things, but unless Vos wants someone to take over the character, I think I'd rather wait.

However, if someone wants to put in an application for a powerful pirate captain either working with or against the Red Corsair, that would be alright. The bio for any really powerful character should be as detailed as Vostroya's...or at least close.

Strifesblaze7

Well I said I'd run the ship while Vos is gone. That way somebody is there in case he doesn't want to come back.

Clio

Did you talk to Vos about it? It's okay if you run the ship, but it could be a new character so the Red Corsair can be busy or something. Is there already a second-in-command? If not, it would be cool to make a character of second in command to take over the ship while the Corsair isn't available. Unless Vos replies and says he wants someone else to play the Corsair, we can leave it open. He put a lot of work into it, and if you did start playing him, then you wouldn't be happy if Vos returned. I think the easiest way to do this without upsetting anyone would be for you or someone to make a second-in-command character, and they can run it while we make some excuse for the Corsair. :)

Nataleigh

Clio

Strifesblaze7

I didn't talk to Vos. I figured to have my character all ready just move up he is the type. If Vos does come back, he will have his character waiting for him. I'm going to use my character. Just haven't gotten around to making his profile say it.

Clio

Okay. You might have to add more backstory and info if he's going to lead the ship. Is he the highest ranking official besides the Corsair? We'll have to figure out how and why he rose up to lead. It will be a big responsibility to run the ship. Probably longer posts and such. :)

And good. I was worried you wanted to take over his character. :)

Strifesblaze7

Longer posts I can do, and I figure he will be the highest besides Corsair yeah, but I don't have how he got there hashed out in my head yet.

Clio

Alright. When I get on my computer later this afternoon, I'll get those two threads made. :)

Strifesblaze7

Vostroya

Hey everyone, just checking in Christa asked if I would select someone for the positions of GM. I think that Christa and Kydami would be the best choices in my opinion as I have worked with them before and they are excellent. Though I would like to see everyone contribute something to the game. Since I have given up the game for now during this crisis time, I do not have the power to force this suggestion on you as it would not be fair to each of you for me to backseat GM. So the ultimate choice is up to ya'll. Those are just my two cents. It looks like we have a great group of people to play.

I am still interested in the game, it just very hard for me to update with my games and posts at the moment due to only having my phone available. Things are tough here on my end but we are managing. Hope everyone is doing well. If you guys have anymore questions feel free to drop me a PM, it may take me a while to reply though.

EDIT: I would also like if no one plays as my character the Corsair. Put a lot of time into that character and I think it would be best to keep him on the back burner for now.

Strifesblaze7

Well I'm taking over as second in command. We aren't touching your character.

Cthonig

Considering how young Strifesblaze7's character of Aiden is, how about this for a little boost up the ladder:

The Banes Shadow was docked at Xen with several of the higher level crew headed into the station for an important meeting. Cass (Vos) had dropped back to give one last order to Aiden (Strifesblaze7) who was being left in charge of the ship while the others were in the meeting. An explosion sets the Banes Shadow adrift momentarily as a section of Xen explodes. Aiden gets the ship back under control quickly and starts rescue operations. Cass is found just inside the Banes Shadow, unconscious but alive.
    No one else on the ship is seriously injured but a chunk of the higher level crew are all dead. Given that this happened in the heart of the Red Corsair's domain, this is a serious covert attack. When he wakes up, Cass decides to pick a few key people and covertly find out who did this. Given Aiden's good work during the crisis, Cass leaves him in charge of the ship until he returns.

It's fairly derivative but it works. It puts Aiden in charge and Cass away for an unknown amount of time.

Strifesblaze7

Fine with me, thought I doubt Aiden being 25 is too young when Cass is 29.

Kdyami

And a reason why us "other" characters are around. It bears looking into for sure.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Nataleigh

Well.. Cass may be 29, but he's also a prodigy.

Edit: prodigy in intelligence sense. :P

Strifesblaze7