Wrath of the Righteous (Pathfinder)

Started by Dakkon, October 23, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Ummm... note here on the pic request. The blind guy can't pick out, can't even see if there is a photo on a page, so... that one is going to be really difficult to comply with.

Of the list that you gave me, the only one that I could find anything about was Gozreh, who seemed more a water/sea diety, but she'll do.

Fandarras seemed to be an evil aligned critter, which would seem counter productive in a good aligned character... and I only found 1 reference via a magic item.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on October 25, 2013, 04:51:53 AM
Ummm... note here on the pic request. The blind guy can't pick out, can't even see if there is a photo on a page, so... that one is going to be really difficult to comply with.

Of the list that you gave me, the only one that I could find anything about was Gozreh, who seemed more a water/sea diety, but she'll do.

Fandarras seemed to be an evil aligned critter, which would seem counter productive in a good aligned character... and I only found 1 reference via a magic item.

Hmm... we'll figure something out if it comes to that. The gods are all from Gods and Magic. Fandarras is a stone giant goddess and very primal, but is still true neutral. I'll PM you the paragraph on her. The Empyrenal Lords are all from Chronicle of the Righteous. 

Blinkin

Ok, finally found the lords, or at least something on them. lol

Halcamora seems to be the one that I would go with. It's not a perfect fit, but it's closest to my character concept. So, that will be the one that I'm going with, if there's no objections? Again, I'm happy to work with you on these things.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on October 25, 2013, 09:38:54 AM
Ok, finally found the lords, or at least something on them. lol

Halcamora seems to be the one that I would go with. It's not a perfect fit, but it's closest to my character concept. So, that will be the one that I'm going with, if there's no objections? Again, I'm happy to work with you on these things.

Hey, its your character not mine. The only reason that I cared was that it was a very similar character, so I was hoping to see something different and Halcamora is different. Glad it worked out :)

Blinkin

I only found some very basic information on the Lords, nothing really on them beyond their alignment, domains and residences... so, I still took a shot in the dark, so to speak.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dakkon

I'll send you some stuff then Blinkin, I think she's a good fit for what you want.

Inash

I had 'Touched by Divinity' down, but that was mostly due to the mythic path tie-in (and the background should work well for that as well).  Since that isn't an issue anymore, I'll reconsider exposed to awfulness.  I'm going back now and double-checking that my sheet is done, and makeing changes (such as adding a trait and switching to 15 point buy) specific to your game.

Dakkon

Okay, I was just checking. Either of them would work.

Inash

One of the other traits I chose was 'Ghost Sight', but the backstory could just as easily cover Exposed to Awfulness.  I have no problem switching if needed.

Inash

Annd, I just noticed that Ghost Sight is 'fan created content' so... time to find another trait. 

TheGlyphstone

Does 'melee combatant' automatically mean 'mundane melee', or can the 'magical healer' be allowed to multi-task? I can make a pretty mean Battle Oracle or Strength/War Cleric who can mix it up in melee, either alone or alongside the 'primary melee', while still pumping out plenty of healing with Channel and Spontaneous Casting.

Ebb

Quote from: FallenDabus on October 25, 2013, 03:51:00 AM
To try and balance out the fact that I’m going to make every character have unique role, I will consider up to two character sheets from each person. I would suggest making those characters fulfill different roles and have different traits than each other. Please note though, that I will only consider sheets that have been completed in full, as once I select a group, I’m sure well all will want to get playing ASAP.

I'm likely not going to have time to stat up another character, so I'll leave all of my chips on Zanthus. No hard feelings if you fill the group differently, of course.

Blinkin

I think that I'll stick with my lone character submission. If she doesn't make it, oh well, I tried. I think she's the only ranged character (besides spell throwers) offered so far.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Inash

Here is the beginnings of a second submission:  Just a fairly basic dwarven fighter (so much faster to make a fighter than some of the other classes)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=690719

Callie Del Noire

Still interested but damn it got busy today.

Dakkon

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 25, 2013, 04:54:57 PM
Does 'melee combatant' automatically mean 'mundane melee', or can the 'magical healer' be allowed to multi-task? I can make a pretty mean Battle Oracle or Strength/War Cleric who can mix it up in melee, either alone or alongside the 'primary melee', while still pumping out plenty of healing with Channel and Spontaneous Casting.
It's just a matter of me being able to keep track of the character's primary role. Let me know which slot you see that character as filling, and if you can make it match more than one, more power to you!

Characters, both those listed here and that I've been PMed about, look fantastic! Keep them coming!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: FallenDabus on October 25, 2013, 09:40:14 PM

It's just a matter of me being able to keep track of the character's primary role. Let me know which slot you see that character as filling, and if you can make it match more than one, more power to you!

Characters, both those listed here and that I've been PMed about, look fantastic! Keep them coming!

Well, my attitude towards healing is that the best healing is done pre-emptively, by doing more damage to the enemy faster. :D

What level range does this module cover? This'll affect if I build planning for domain powers that kick in at 6th or 8th level.

Dakkon

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 25, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
Well, my attitude towards healing is that the best healing is done pre-emptively, by doing more damage to the enemy faster. :D

What level range does this module cover? This'll affect if I build planning for domain powers that kick in at 6th or 8th level.
All of them. Starts at level one and doesn't end until after you have 20 levels and 10 mythic tiers.

TheGlyphstone

Wow. That's a long time, I hope the game can hold together that long.

In that case, I'm putting together a Crusader cleric with the Ferocity subdomain, intended to fit either Melee or Healing role slots.

TheGlyphstone

Or not. Divine healing is sooooo mainstream, and I love the Witch class even without its access to Cure spells. I've got a background first, working on the mechanics now:

Role: Healer, with a heavy splash of debuff/battlefield control.
Sheet: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12954

Background
Despite their leader being a half-blood, the Murdered Child tribe of orcs is still an unfriendly place for half-orcs to be raised, and Karlshag's village was no exception. He held an unusual and fairly rare advantage in that he was technically a three-quarter orc, the eldest child of a full-blooded orc warrior who took a half-orc slave as his chattel, but the human blood in his veins still left him as the target of mockery and derision by the other children of the village. Even the handful of other half-orc children being raised in the community turned on him, following the lead of their full-blooded peers to seek a bit of acceptance, and so Karlshag spent most of his time alone on the outskirts of the village territory.

He soon found he was not alone, though, stumbling on the isolated hut of Galrug, the local witch doctor. Karlshag had heard stories of the enigmatic and feared sorcerer, who was rarely seen and usually then from a distance in his hideous totemic mask, and it came as a shock to learn that not only was Galrug very personable as far as orcs go, he was a half-breed as well; sired on an elven prisoner from a raid, destined for a short life as a slave until his sorcerous heritage manifested and he managed to eke out a life on the village fringe. Karlshag had no innate blood magic, but there were other routes to power, and studying with Galrug offered knowledge he would need to pursue that power.

No one valued him in the village - not his peers, not his parents - and his disappearance was barely noted, studying the ways of the spirits and the arts of magic, and immersing himself in mixing the alchemical brews that formed Galrug's base of trade with the village itself. For himself, Galrug got a pliable 'apprentice' who was willing to undertake the dirty work of harvesting potion ingredients, to study attentively, and to not complain when an incorrect answer earned a harsh blow. Galrug was, after all, still half an orc, and tolerated slackness or mistakes as little as any full-blood would.

Karlshag often roamed far in search of the more esoteric herbs needed for certain brews, and it was this habit that ended up saving his life. The Tusk Mountains served as an mostly-effective barrier between Belkzen and the Worldwound, but not when the demons in question could fly. A flock of vrocks, having slipped through the wardstones and fleeing south after a raid on Undarin, crossed over the Shudderwood and Tusk Mountains in an effort to evade the aerial cavalry force pursuing them. Wounded, angry, and hungry, the vulture demons descended on Karlshag's village like a black cloud, obliterating any organized resistance in waves of crackling black lightning and gleefully hunting down the survivors. He returned to find the demons gone and everyone he knew slaughtered; Galrug lay among them, ringed by vrock corpses and torn to shreds by vrock claws.

The only undamaged object in sight was Galrug's totemic mask, and as Karlshag looked over the ruins, the mask began to whisper to him. It promised power, revenge, vengeance, crooning to him in Galrug's voice, and Karlshag accepted. For the next week, he sat in the wreckage, painstakingly carving the names of every orc and half-orc in his village into the flesh of his arms as a reminder of his vengeance. Finally, he donned the mask - his mask, now - and set off towards the rift that had spawned his enemies. Here and there, he found and destroyed isolated demons, but luckily before he attempted to assault the Worldwound itself solo, he met a like-minded group of mercenary soldiers who told him of Kenabres, the central point of organized resistance against the abyssal hordes.

Personality: Growing up as the outcast of an orcish village isn't conducive to a cheerful, upbeat soul, and neither is having that village annihilated by demons. Karlshag despises the raw, savage emotional excess of his full-blooded kin, along with the cruelties and brutality that go with it, replacing that passion with a cold fatalism. What will happen, will happen - strong heroes will succeed, the weak will fall, and struggling against one's fate for good or ill merely prolongs the inevitable. If he can help speed such souls along to their destiny with his magic, so much the better.

Appearance: Karlshag typically goes bare-chested, wearing his studded-leather kilt over a more utilitarian pair of long leggings, and displaying a lean and harshly lined upper body. His jutting, pronounced teeth, heavy brow, and ash-grey skin are undeniable evidence of his orcish heritage, but the most shocking and prominent feature on display is the ritual scarring all over his body. His arms are covered in Orcish script from shoulder to wrist in tiny, painstakingly neat lines, and various colored tattoos and markings decorate his torso with geometrically precise spacing. The grotesque ironwood mask that hangs at his hip when not on his face is sculpted to resemble a snarling, bare-tusked orc, painted in wild streaks of vibrant colors.

Callie Del Noire

Lysia Wayfinder

Background: She recalls little before the night she was saved. She was 15 and looked human, and woke in circle of chanting robed cultists. There was a flurry of arrows and the lead priest moved to finish the ritual by cutting her throat till the stranger cut him down. Then she knew nothing beyond the woman clutching her close as they crossed the worldwound, though little was clear as a strange fever took her. She was changing the woman explained. Her 'blood legacy' was coming on, brought up by the ritual.
When she woke, she was vastly changed into her current half-fiend form. She grow up in the hostel run by followers of the Dawnflower. They took her in and taught her to cope with her new station in Mendev, as tieflings were viewed with hostility and suspicion in Mendev. She could recall only a little about the stranger, save that she was beautiful and carried a holy symbol of Desna that she clutched like it was a lifeline.
Decades have passed as she did many things to help the followers of the Dawnflower. Her faith was strong but she lacked the connect to divine power, but she was taught that one could serve the cause in other ways. She worked as a scribe, house mother to the orphans, accountant, messenger and eventually arcane scholar when her gifts were discovered. She trained to be a wizard.
Finally she was declared finished with her studies and given an assignment to be an 'assault mage' in the 5th Crusade.

Personality: Quiet and reserved, she believes firmly in the redemptive power of the Dawnflower and does all she can to prove 'blood doesn't tell'. She turns away from trouble if she can, but while she takes threats to herself in stride she doesn't take threats to other with the same calm or reserve. She tries to discuss and prevent violence but she won't turn away from standing up for the weak. She also feels it's her place to do what she can to aid the crusade in anyway she can, mostly as a battle wizard and scholar.

Appearence: She is a slender woman with long golden hair, golden eyes and the clear 'taint' of fiendish blood showing in her ram's horns, tail and vestigal wings that she  tries to hide under her clothing.

Lysia Wayfinder

Tiefling Wizard 1
LG Medium Outsider (native)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+1)
Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Spell-Like Abilities
   1/day—darkness
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1):
1 (2/day) Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Burning Hands (DC 16)
0 (at will) Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 8, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD 11
Feats Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (Evocation)
Traits Chance Encounter (1/day), Pragmatic Activator, Seeker
Skills Craft (alchemy) +8, Fly +6, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (planes) +8, Perception +5, Spellcraft +8, Use Magic Device +5; Racial Modifiers +4 Fly
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Infernal
SQ arcane bonds (object [ring] [1/day]), intense spells +1, opposition schools (enchantment, illusion), prehensile tail, specialized schools (admixture), versatile evocation (7/day)
Other Gear Ring, 100 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Admixture Associated School: Evocation
Arcane Bond (Ring) (1/day) (Sp) Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook 1/day. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
Chance Encounter (1/day) Re-reroll failed Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand or Stealth check, keep 2nd result.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Enchantment You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Enchantment school.
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Prehensile Tail Your tail can retrieve small objects on your person as a swift action.
Spell Focus (Evocation) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Versatile Evocation (7/day) (Su) Change the damage type and descriptor of a spell from acid, electricity, fire, or water to any other of those types.

Ixy

Callie Del Noire

FYI. Should have my sheet up on Mythweavers tomorrow. Game day weekend means I'm running around doing pathfinder things. 

Dakkon

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 26, 2013, 07:14:55 PM
Or not. Divine healing is sooooo mainstream, and I love the Witch class even without its access to Cure spells. I've got a background first, working on the mechanics now:
Which is exactly why I said "Magical Healing" not "Divine Healing" :D
Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 26, 2013, 11:46:59 PM
FYI. Should have my sheet up on Mythweavers tomorrow. Game day weekend means I'm running around doing pathfinder things. 
Okay, looks cool so far!
Quote from: Ixy on October 26, 2013, 09:25:10 PM
Did you find your 'skill monkey' yet?
Given that everyone has until the end of the month to post characters, noone's been found yet :) There's only been one character posted for the Ranged and/or skilled slot so far, so more would be welcome.

TheGlyphstone

And I just found the Adept Channel feat in Orcs of Golarion, and got real sad when it required divine spellcasting and the Summon Familiar class feature. Would have been real nice if it lacked the first part, but I guess it's just a feat tax to make Adepts a Cleric Lite (hence the name).