Started by Valerian, June 28, 2009, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Bliss

Quote from: LadySky on July 02, 2009, 03:52:40 PM
*snickers and grabs the one eyed luvvy for a night of treasure hunting*

"No one disturbs the Cap'n this night!"

I hear the Cap'n is already disturbed, so...

XD
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

LadySky

Ye figured me out!  *dances around like a mad woman!*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Solaine

Quote from: Valerian on July 02, 2009, 01:04:57 PM
I love it!  Silk Satine has a wooden leg and Ryven's looking for the rum.  *grins*

That could go both ways, lass... *hiccups as the rum is passed to her and she takes a swig" I likes me rum... and Ryven has a wooden... something... under his trouser leg... *winks and gets off barrel to move across the deck... tap, slide, hiccup.. tap, slide, hiccup...*

I love that dress! *drools*
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Ryven

Quote from: Silk Satine on July 02, 2009, 04:32:11 PM
That could go both ways, lass... *hiccups as the rum is passed to her and she takes a swig" I likes me rum... and Ryven has a wooden... something... under his trouser leg... *winks and gets off barrel to move across the deck... tap, slide, hiccup.. tap, slide, hiccup...*

I love that dress! *drools*

Oh, aye.  I've got something wooden under there alright.  ;D

Valerian

*offers a moment of silence at the death of an innocent pirate*

Er, you know, as innocent as pirates ever are...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Solaine

*slips tattered cap off tousled curls and participates in moment of silence, and a quiet sob ensues for her fellow pirate*  Every pirate be guilty til proven innocent... sadly, this unwritten code worked all too well for our brave Sir Desan...
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb

Valerian

Sorry, all -- with a couple of people gone over the holiday weekend, it seemed better to halt things so as not to give away any details of who has what role.  But we shall, with any luck, start up again quite soon!  In the meantime:

More fun pirate facts

One of the richest pirates ever also had one of the shortest careers.  Black Bart, born John Roberts in Wales in 1682, took to piracy late, at 37, when the merchant ship he served on was captured by pirates.  Given the option to join the pirates, he did so reluctantly, but soon found he had both the skill and the taste for the job.  Voted captain after just six weeks, on the death of the previous captain, he quickly became one of the most feared pirates in the Caribbean, and when he was known to be in the area, other ships would refuse to sail.

He was almost fearless in his escapades, rarely passing up a ship in favour of an easier target, as his contemporaries often did.  One ship alone netted him some 40,000 pounds in gold and jewels, at a time when one could rent a good house in London for just 10 pounds a year, and a carpenter might earn about 39 pounds a year.  Roughly speaking, that one haul was worth, in today's money, approximately 6 million pounds, or $9.8 million U.S. dollars.

But though his fame and skill burned brightly, they also burned briefly.  Just four years after he began his second, daring career, he was killed by grapeshot during a skirmish with the H.M.S. Swallow.  His crew, obeying his last wish, weighted down his body and buried him at sea, so that the captain of the Swallow would not have the pleasure of displaying the infamous Black Bart's corpse.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Bliss

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Ryven

Quote from: Valerian on July 06, 2009, 08:41:01 AM
Sorry, all -- with a couple of people gone over the holiday weekend, it seemed better to halt things so as not to give away any details of who has what role.  But we shall, with any luck, start up again quite soon!  In the meantime:

More fun pirate facts

One of the richest pirates ever also had one of the shortest careers.  Black Bart, born John Roberts in Wales in 1682, took to piracy late, at 37, when the merchant ship he served on was captured by pirates.  Given the option to join the pirates, he did so reluctantly, but soon found he had both the skill and the taste for the job.  Voted captain after just six weeks, on the death of the previous captain, he quickly became one of the most feared pirates in the Caribbean, and when he was known to be in the area, other ships would refuse to sail.

He was almost fearless in his escapades, rarely passing up a ship in favour of an easier target, as his contemporaries often did.  One ship alone netted him some 40,000 pounds in gold and jewels, at a time when one could rent a good house in London for just 10 pounds a year, and a carpenter might earn about 39 pounds a year.  Roughly speaking, that one haul was worth, in today's money, approximately 6 million pounds, or $9.8 million U.S. dollars.

But though his fame and skill burned brightly, they also burned briefly.  Just four years after he began his second, daring career, he was killed by grapeshot during a skirmish with the H.M.S. Swallow.  His crew, obeying his last wish, weighted down his body and buried him at sea, so that the captain of the Swallow would not have the pleasure of displaying the infamous Black Bart's corpse.

Sweet!  Interesting facts.  I went to see the Pirates of the Black Flag exhibit in the history museum in my state.  We apparently have the largest collection of artifacts from the Queen Anne's Revenge.  It was quite interesting to visit.

Marguerite

-Gives a silent farewell to Ladysky-
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!  Ladyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  *screams from the bow of the ship out to the cold sea*  :'(

LadySky

*stands still in complete shock and dismay*

Solaine

*limps to railing and bends head, twisting her cap between her hands as she makes her farewells to the Cap'n*

Aiden

-Thinks instead of being suffocated, Lady Sky should have been tied up and given 40 lashes first-

Bliss

* Bliss imagines that with a smile like that on her face, it might not have been the pillow what killed 'er!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Aiden

Ryven

Oh god, I don't wanna be captain!  :'(  I don't wanna die!

Trieste

You don't want to die with a faint smile on your face?

Ryven

My first order as captain is to change the crew's uniform!  Women get two pasteys and a thong while men get a jockstrap.  Both will be in black with a jolly roger embroidered on them.  XD

Trieste

Yarr.

*continues wearing her battered peasant shirt, bustier, and leather pants*

Ryven

Marguerite

I am fine with my skirt, corset and heels, Captain Ryven.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You