News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Borderlands Interest Check

Started by SweetRevenge, August 06, 2014, 12:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

'Sup. Some of you are probably familiar with the Borderlands video game franchise and love the shoot'n loot game, greatly Borderlands 2. And with the new game coming up in only a few months, Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, I'm starting to really get in the mood. So I'm sending a shout-out to all you bloodthirsty bandits, powerful sirens, or vault hunters around, how about make an RP with the world they gave us? With sooo many different weapons and abilities, we certainly can use the game in a bad-ass RP. So who's with me? The idea of the plot can be discussed. We can follow the storyline of the second game or carve our own. We've got an open world filled with skaags, bandits, mutants, hyperion soldiers, and all sorts of other mangy beasts or dangerous foes that await our simple imagination to bring them all to life =D

Ontan

Much as I love the franchise, I’m a little curious as to how you’d adapt it to RP format. The gloriously gratuitous action and wicked humour makes for sensational video games, but it might need something a little more substantial in order to flesh it out into a roleplay thread.

Black Howling

In general it wouldn't be too hard to flesh out how we can forge this into a fun game. It'd just be a 'Badass loot, hunt, stalk, and kill the monsters and bandits!" style game. Could be fun, and I'm interested depending. We'd need an overarching plot to get by, something that could serve as the reason why we're all doing whatever we're doing. A Vault, something else? Gotta be some good promise of Loot, fun and booty. >_>

I've long had some good ideas for this kind of game, and would be willing to Share. But I'm no position to run it, and hardly in a position to play in all honesty.

Shjade

While I realize it would be bending things on both sides somewhat, in answer to Ontan's question, I wouldn't see it as too much of a stretch to put Borderlands into something like a modified Apocalypse World system to make RP out of it, where progressing the fiction covers the messy wild combat without getting into the minutiae of gear stats so prevalent in the BL series.

Just a thought on how it might be done.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Cold Heritage

Someone did an AW/DW hack for it. http://wreckingballgamelabs.dvd20.org/game-content/No%20Rest.pdf It cleaves closer to DW than AW.

They did a Psycho playbook too, but I forget where they hid it. It's not, iirc, complete (it's really just the Faceless limited edition AW book with a few tweaks to fit the format), but it's done enough to play with.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

SweetRevenge

I was mostly testing the waters, mainly looking to see just WHAT people were interested in, plot-wise. Bounty Hunting? Vault(s)? Gang-leading/followers (for example, some of us are in different bandit gangs and give each other a hand once in a while, along with all the craziness bandits get into)? A crazy governmental entity trying to wipe us of the map? The world is vast enough to cook something up to our tastes.

Cold Heritage

I'd be interested in bounty hunting and vault hunting. Just running around being the kind of loot-mongering murderhobos in line with the canon vault hunters. It could also be cool to take a page from the Pre-Sequel and maybe be a suicide squad of mercs from the darkest corner of the known galaxies hired by Schmandshome Shmack to do shady corporate doings that involved high levels of explosions, ultra-violence, and expending a truly bottom-line busting amount of ammo.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Zekromnomnom

I've had terrible luck with groups, but this is one I would really like to read along with, but what the hell. I'd be in for playing it if you need more people. I may have a few ideas.