You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2021, 12:51:06 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting  (Read 12644 times)

Offline CatherineTopic starter

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • Just a pixie flitting about, don’t worry mwhaha!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2021, 07:48:05 am »
Getting to the bottom of the spiral staircase and I considered my options. Climbing them and getting dizzy or climbing them and not getting dizzy or staying at the bottom and calling it quits, stairs and myself have a weird relationship. I need to use them and there is always more than I want to walk up or down. A good number likes six is good, I could do six. Especially after the ruins of madness and the bazillion I had to go up and down there. My feet cried, cried! No please not another, why are there so many. This doesn't make sense. Are we on a stair step machine? I heard that they turned in a complaint later to the designer of the ruins and said 'No!' There were some other words, most I  can't repeat. Not because they are dirty or anything I just can't remember what was written. I do remember the second letter that was sent saying something about doing calculations and if the numbers are right and even if they aren't, do a tunnel!

I look up at the stairs as they disappear and look down at my feet and apologize. "Who are you talking to?" Mouse asked.

"My feet," I answered honestly.

Mouse shook its head and started to climb the steps, "I should have known better."

"What?" I asked as I followed behind, "after what I put them though at the ruins of madness, I thought it was best to apologize now. Who knows how many stairs are above us, it spirals so I can only see so many of them. Just being proactive so there isn't any complaints later."

"Of course..." Mouse growled. I thought it was best to not mention anything about my feet complaining or as my grandpa used to say 'dogs barking'. Which if I heard dogs barking might be kind of hard, really hard if they are chasing us.

"Mouse..."

"What?"

"Mouse..." Point back to dogs running quickly towards us barking.

"What?"

Point frantically at dogs as I poked Mouse's back as I am being showered by slobber.

"Why didn't you say anything about those? I was concentrating on one thing in front of me and didn't hear the dogs barking ."

"I thought you might get angry," I answer as I POOF and take off running.

"Well I am not too happy now," I heard Mouse growl, somewhere behind me.

Up the stairs we went, I kept it interesting by going from the outside wall where the stairs were bigger to the inside wall where the stairs were smaller. Which was a challenge, I cold barely get my toes on the stairs sometimes.  Thankfully my tail helped me, If she wasn't there I think I would have fallen back down the stairs and grumbled as I walked back up them.

I did fight off the temptation of running up the stairs, doing the math in my head which included geometry. Stay in school kids and pay attention in class, what they are teaching you will be used someday maybe. Well except for that one class, that will never be used unless you get into a situation where you have to sit there and let your head fall backwards as drool flows out of your open mouth. I figured out that dizziness quotient would be exceedingly high. To the point of the world would be spinning around me so fast that everything would be a blur and I would urp. So instead of running I walked and my stomach thanked me by not having me URP.

Up and up and up and a lot more ups we went. Every so often we passed a window and I would look outside. At first it was cool and then it was 'wow this is high' to 'I think I can see my house from here' and finally to 'I thought you needed a rocket to get this high. " on we climbed and I swear I thought we passed the moon as I looked out the window once. This was getting ridiculously high, just why and if there was a hidden elevator I would be upset. One of those kind of upsets where I just point.

"Are we the..." I start to say but Mouse swings a hand up telling me to stop and pointed with its other hand to a door.

"Yes..."

"Thank monkey", I said, catching myself as I lean back before  accidentally cartwheeling back down the stairs. Which wouldn't have been good. Maybe fun. Maybe record setting. Just not good.

((Hmmmm...))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2021, 08:29:15 am »
Mouse edged to the door, one foot sliding across the floor followed by the other. "Is something wrong?" I ask seeing how cautious Mouse was being. Everything I knew about Mouse didn't yell cautious more pull sword out as it kicked the door down screaming and spitting, definitely spitting.

"Why is it spitting for, it has a sword!?! It burns the eyes!!!!"

If the door is locked, I would imagine Mouse would just chop through it with its sword and then push its head through, "Here is Mousie!" Scaring anyone and everyone on the other side.

So the cautious thing sort of was scary. Alarms, bells and whistles went off in my head. If if Mouse was being careful there was a reason and it must be a big reason. One possibly with scales and teeth, there so better be a dragon on the other side if this door, especially with the amount of stairs that were climbed. Anything else would be disappointing.

Really a chimera that breathes fire and burps acid, is that all? Do you see the number of stairs I climbed, come here look. Those are a lot. Chimeras are maybe first floor stuff. Okay the fire but maybe lets you have a quarter of the stairs to climb, I will give you that. The acid is just gross and sounds like it needs a breath mint. Look at the stairs again, does the chimera look comparable to the amount of stairs? No, so disappointing, you should maybe consider closing this down until you can get a dragon so there is no embarrassing comments on the Internet.

Walked tons of stairs and saw a chimera. Expected more of an experience and got some multi headed thing. The only thing that saved the visit was the gift shop and the shirt I bought, 'I walked stairs and saw three heads and bought this shirt woooo!' The shirt is very soft.

"Why are you being cautious for?" I whispered over Mouse's shoulder which made it jump, hitting me under the chin. Which made me bite my tongue and sent me stumbling backwards.  Before I could ask about dragons, "Youf arb jumbee."

Mouse shot me a look that said it all and then some. "Sarbee, Jub seathin whyb bending caubtentous." Mouse took another step towards the door, "Isn't strange we haven't run into anything in the castle. It should be teeming with things."

I stopped all movement and just listened, "Ib wibered bat tub. Butb thall itb wab callb itb ib haund."

For a moment I thought Mouse was going to smack me, telling me the place isn't haunted for the umpteenth time. I think I saw its hand pull back a little in fact, "it isn't haunted." Mouse growled silently.

"Howb dub yub expwain..." I start to poorly say.

"I dint know, don't care. There should have been monsters hanging around but there is none. That means something is wrong,"

"Wong ibnt gowd."

"Get ready," mouse said reaching for the doorknob. I nod and reach into my bag for my staff.  Not like it will do any good against the dragon that is on the other side of the door. Other than use it for a toothpick, dental hygiene is good though.

((I am not so sure about this...))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2021, 07:16:26 am »
I started to glisten as Mouse's hand slowly went for the doorknob. Any slower and I don't think it would be moving, well at least to human eyes. Nervously I look at mouse then at mouse's hand then whisper, "Are you going to move any faster."

Mouse jerked its hand away, when it heard my voice and gave me a look that burned through the stone behind me. Then slowly started reaching for the doorknob again.

"You need to hurry, the dragon might be getting hungry. Hungry dragons aren't nice dragons."

Mouse jerked its hand back again, it's gaze burning another two holes into the wall behind me before motioning for me to be quiet. Of course I nodded, mouse has the sword which trumps staff anytime. Especially with the size of mouse's sword, that it one time size does matter. Big sword, no huge sword, no humongous sword beats everything. It is one of those, speak to the sword moments.

"What did you say? SCHWING"

"Oh um I said um yeah okay this and that okay and um..."

"That is what I thought. Reverse SCHWING"

You think I would have learned from the first two times, nope I am stubborn like that. The only thing that learned a lesson was the wall to be honest. It could have been crying stone tears, "why do you keep doing that?"

"What type of dragon do you think is on the other side of the door?" Which got me the look again and if the walls could try they would. Maybe even dance around going ow ow ow ow and try to put out the burning feeling. I could go so commercially right now but I won't, don't need to have the censors going, what is she referring to? Do you know? Do you think she is referring to spilling hot coffee in her lap? If so, the safety top was on pretty good, she just had it at just the right angle and SPLASH!

Mouse growled and I gave it the power sign of be quite, one finger in the vertical position and "Shh...... There might be a dragon on the other side of the door." Which got me another look and possibly the walls behind me crying even more. If I looked back would I see twin streams of water running done the wall? I start to turn to look, hey curiosity got the better of me, when suddenly I felt something grab me by the front of my neck and pull me close enough to smell Mouse's breath, "Don't speak another word until I tell you, okay?"

I nodded slowly, it was a mixture of saying okay, will do and trying to find clean air. That last part was kind of important since the area in front of my mouth now smelled uber overripe. Like a lactose intolerant skunk got ahold of milk,and well.....Phpt! 'I will stay quiet, I said, with a smile, holding back a cough.

Quickly I take a step back, "you really need to open it so we can see." Which Mouse answered with a growl and a loud sneeze.

((Remember Guys sweat and girls glisten.))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2021, 07:42:45 am »
I freeze, if there is anything on the other side of the door it now knows that there is something on the other side of the door. There won't be any throwing the door open and yelling surprise or any stealth opening the door and any 'hey left the door open' as people fall to the ground after being thumped in the back of the head with a HIYAH  maybe. A stealth HIYAH but a HIYAH still the same. Now if there are any teeth, claws or any other sharp pointy things, they will be pointed at the door and possibly in a position where they can be fallen into by accident.

Immediately I regret my first action, slapping Mouse's arm, which got me the 'wait until this is done' stare. I tried to recover and my tail crossed its fingers that Mouse would accept that some strange wind caught my hand and sent it into Mouse's arm by accident. I even laughed a little a pointed saying WOOSH doing the hand leaf in the wind thing. Mouse slowly reached for my hand and I got the distinct image of my har nd being pulled off with one jerk. Quickly I hide it behind my back as motioned with my head to the door, "We shouldn't keep whoever waiting. It would be rude."

Mouse didn't blink, didn't avert its eyes as it reached for the doorknob and pushed open the door, then with swept its hand telling me to go on in the room. So mannerly, I thought to myself as I started to step through the doorway, after looking inside of course, freezing when my butt senses started to go off, images of foot meeting butt flashing into my mind. Immediately I took a step back, "You almost had me there."

"What are you talking about?" Mouse growled.

"I step by and one of your feet comes up and hits me in the butt. For some reason it is  starting to happen quite a bit and I am trying to prevent it this time. It isn't good for rear cheeks, sudden compression and everything. They have done scientific studies on crash dummies and monkeys. Wait, what? On monkeys..... " I get flashbacks of that ick monster with the cricket bat and how sore my butt, which is properly padded by the way, got and how it might have glowed afterwards. I would have been so embarrassed if Santa stopped by, "Monkey with your butt so bright. Will you guide my sleigh tonight?"

I would yell  "No!", waving my hands in front of me. "I have a hard time running backwards and I don't want birds shooting up my butt by accident. You should ask that one deer with the cold, its nose is all red and glowie. You should tell it to use softer tissues, maybe ones with aloe."

"I wasn't going to kick your butt. Now get in there!""

"Are you sure or are you just telling me that to get me to drop my guards."  I ask, eyes darting to Mouse's feet. Not sure if it could lift its feet high enough although it could use its tail for balance and everything.

"Yes, I am sure," Mouse spit, "you wanted the locator and it is inside the room."

I take a step forward and stop, "Are you sure?"

"Get in there!" Mouse yelled.

"Fine but if I feel foot to butt or anything close to that, I will point and give you okay a nasty look."

Mouse shook its head, "fine."

I start to step through, thus could be surprise party. Which would be a surprise since I am not expecting one. Need to get ready and act surprised. Hands to side of face with mouth open with 'you guys shouldn't have' and everything. Foot goes forwards, can't turn back now.....

((Beep. Insert message here.))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2021, 09:28:07 am »
I step through and and look around trying to find where everyone is hiding before they pop out. Behind the bed, huh what?  Wait that makes sense, tall tower and tons of steps. It reeks of what a princess would want. If their rescuer can make it up those he is obviously in shape and everything, maybe slightly winded, but in shape. Unless he is one of those princes/Knights who get dressed up in full armor and run. Interior designers probably have a book that they show princesses in what is hot and happening in stairs.

"Now if you get these stairs, with a slight granite finish, it says i am available while also saying I have tastes. Now you might get the urge for alternating stair finishes" we recommend not to since it makes the stairs garnish and also yells, daddy was rich and his daughter is spoiled."

Maybe at the princess conventions they compare the number of floors of stairs they have. Seeing it as the more stories the better.

"Phpft.... You have how many? Thirty? That is all? That is so cute. Hey girls we have a wannabe princess here. Listen you have to have at least fifty floors. Now go wave your scepter and tiara with what looks like cut glass somewhere else. We are real princesses, you know with at least fifty floors of stairs. Be gone little wannabe. Oh wait let me boink you on the head with my scepter to make it official. Be gone little wannabe" and boink. Done a little too forcefully because you are not a princess. The birds flying around your head are just regular birds and not peacocks and the stairs are either plated or spray painted.

The bed is canopied and everything, is a princess laying there thinking my prince has come? He is probably big and strong since he ran up all of the stairs.  Any second now he will come over here and give me a kiss. Then I can fake wake up and say "Yu save me my prince." Wrap arms around him and be carried away. Sigh and everything. Sorry princess, no prince at the door. Just a super cute and adorable monkey girl with her short round called 'Mouse.'

"Short round, you can enter." I realize my mistake as it slips from my lips. Turning round towards Mouse I give it a nervous laugh. "Yeah I didn't mean to say that." Mouse growled, which is better than pulling sword out and chasing me around the room, "the canopy bed must be home to some weird princess bug or something and I forgot my shots this year.  Mouse added a spit to the  growl this time. I look around th room trying to switch the subject.

Iron maiden? Not the rock group the thing that look s like that. Has spikes inside so it makes whoever steps in leaky. They would scream a lot unless they are are or ballon  animal   and pop. Different to put one in a tower and in princesses bedroom. So I am doubting someone is hiding there. Where else?

Bureau, unless they slipped into the drawers, I doubt it. That means they are contortionists and while I am flexible, I don't want to be that flexible. Hey guys look at CRACK this.

Mirror? Really thin somethings. They would jump out and yell as a they go flying out of the window.

Bear skin rug? It doesn't look lumpy so I doubt that, if the bear skin pops up I am down the stairs. Even faster and further if it growls.

Well poo, no surprise party. I look back at Mouse, "No surprise party."

"Who would have guessed, " mouse growled as it walked by.

I walked by whimpering, I was wishing for a surprise party.  As I jumped onto the bed, bouncing several  times, I asked  what we were looking for, hoping it wasn't answered with a sword.

((Just hope no sword.))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2021, 08:41:13 am »
Thankfully I wasn't answered with a sword, just answered with a spit and a goober slowly running down the wall. Possibly looking at me as it did and blorping at me when it touched the floor. Not sure if it was saying something like 'You stay where you are at and I will be right over sometime to slime you or something.' I just gave it an eye and then kicked my feet up on the bed and leaned back. "Tell me when you need a help up," I said with a laugh as I relaxed, eyes closing and everything.

"What do you mean by that," mouse growled. My eyes flew open and I was up, I don't need to explain. I was laying down and now I wasn't. Primarily so I wasn't in the prime position for being chopped in half. "Um.... That wasn't meant for you that was meant for the booger you spit out. I just wanted to let it know that when it finally reached the bed that I would help it up so it could suck my brains out. That is all."

Mouse froze and closed its eyes, "Were you... Never mind. I want to keep it a mystery. To answer your question I am looking for a bracelet."

"Were I what?"

"Never mind, need to find the bracelet so you can find Audokornet." Mouse answered as it went to the bureau. The first place I would look at to be honest, bracelets always hide there or in.... Hey wait a moment. "Mouse I thought you said there was a treasure chest. You know pirates and everything."

Mouse laughed, "I did,didn't I. That is where I put the bracelet."

"Yeah but you are going to the bureau. Which while it does contain items it is not a chest."

"No it isn't," Mouse answered as it pulled open one drawer, followed by another and then another. Closing them after opening them.

"So why or did you get words mixed up? It is okay if you did, it happens to me sometimes. Especially if you point and say something about a rabid dog with slobber and everything and you really mean a rabbit. People don't like that."

I didn't have to see Mouse's face to know it rolled its eyes as it continued to open and close drawers. Open and close over and over. Even opening and closing ones that were already opened and closed, some multiple times. All I could do Is look on questionably as Mouse continued and around the twelfth time Mouse opened one of the drawers I decided it might be good for me to say something. Something to figure out what was happening, something that wasn't mean or anything. I have to be open for Mouse's feelings. Which I think it has, I know it has the growl expression and the spit one. Hmm....... "What in the world are you doing? Playing hide and go seek with the drawers?"

Mouse growled, "No...." Then slammed the drawer closed. Slowly I started to edge backwards as pictures of swords flew through my head. Every one of them making me wince. Okay ow I thought that last one hurt but this new one yow. Who would have thought answord could do that or that or even, I think I am going to close my eyes now and maybe if I am lucky that will keep me from seeing the images in my head. Nope!

The sound of the drawer hitting the back echoed throughout the room , covering the clicking sound. Suddenly without warning the bureau, part of the wall and floor spun. Taking long enough for me to look surprised.,

"Wow........................" I said as a chest appeared. Catching myself before I started to clap. "Amazing do it again."

"No," Mouse growled as it pulled a key out and starts to push it into the chest. Without thinking I ran over to join Mouse, I couldn't miss this. Bureau hiding a chest with a flipping wall. "That was amazing!"

"Yes, yes," Mouse said the key started to turn.

I see light coming from inside as the lid rises, "this is going to be amazing" I even took the precaution of covering my eyes just in case something was set to pop. Don't need to blinded by accident. Thee... two.... One......

((Whew not a sword. Thank monkey.))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2021, 08:39:40 am »
What I was experiencing was one of those oh my monkey moments, mouth hanging open and everything. I didn't have to worry about birds flying in because we were inside so mouth was on. Sunglasses on, don't ask me where I got them it is a perk of being cute and adorable. If there is a bright light the cute and adorable can pull sunglasses from somewhere so they aren't blinded, big black plastic sunglasses that are so dark it is dark. The night is jealous of how dark the glasses are. If someone asks to show them something dark, everyone would point to the sunglasses I am wearing and I would stand there oblivious, "Is anyone out there? I can hear you breathing."

I stood there and watched as the bureau, part of the wall and floor spun around. Light  coming out like uhhhhhhhhh and smoke went wooosshhhh. The smoke was a really good effect it definitely added to the whole moment. Not too much where you can't see anything and have to have fireman come in with respirators to rescue you. It sort of crept along the ground and was really cool.

The only thing that could have added even more to the moment would be doves. But that is iffy. Those can add and take away from the moment. If there is too many of them, especially in this enclosed area and it would be overwhelming. Almost like a moving wall. "Wow..... Hey, What is that? Run. Run! It is a moving wall of beaks and coos." That and just think of the mess, trapped in that little area. Everything would be covered in ick. You would have to get a hazmat suit to open the chest.

[heavy breathing sound] "I think I have it. I just need to get the key in the.... Oh poo, literally I just dropped the key and the is no way I will be able to pick it up. Can someone get it for me?" [heavy breathing sound] "Thank, well poo can you get it for me again?"

Then if there is only like two, it is just yawn. Really two, a good treasure is worth more than two doves. Let me just close this back up and we will try another secret panel thingie and see if it had more doves.

Questions arise if there is just one. Many dark questions. Questions that shouldn't be asked, that is how dark they are. If I whispered one to you, your great great grandkids that haven't been born yet would start having nightmares. The skies would go dark. Puppies would do very unpuppy-like things. Fortunately there are no doves so I didn't have to count them.

Standing there was the chest with the bracelet in it. Strobe lights going off on either side of the chest as the fog machines, doing the fog thing, which I could see now.

"Is there going to be a guitar rift?" I asked as Mouse stepped up to the chest. All it did was growl and shook its head. "This deserves a guitar rift though. What with the lights and fog. I might have a lighter, flip it open and go wahoo...." This made Mouse stop, turn to look at me, shake its head and turn back around.

"What? It is standard concert thing to do. Fog, blinding light, guitar rift, something rotating and lighter. I saw it at the Demon's concert. There was body surfing too. Which I don't think is possible with the amount of people we have here. Unless you want to try and hold me up?"

Mouse exhaled, "How?"

"How what?" I ask, interest piqued.

"How have you made it this long?"

I don't blink, "By the skin of my tail!"

((You can use that saying now. It isn’t trademark and it is original. Try and see someone smile, then slowly back away.))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2021, 08:26:45 am »
Mouse reached for chest, which strangely did not have a big  oversized lock, unless it was invisible. If it was invisible that would be ingenious. I can just imagine someone seeing the chest and thinking 'there is always mad riches in a treasure chest' and seeing that there was no lock they would be blinded by the dollar signs in front of their eyes. Rub their hands together slowly, imagining all of the things they will be buying like poodles, expensive cars that are really fast and for some reason a gold toilet. Don't ask me why, I think it is something about all of that cash doing something to how they think. They stop thinking logically and just stop thinking, buying things because they can. If you think I am kidding and just made that up watch one of those shows that interview a rich person or shows their house. Look for the ridiculous, it is probably around the corner and gold. Why? I don't know it just is.

Where was i? Oh yeah. Person sees a lock free chest, sneaks up to it. Grabs a hold of the lid, starts to laugh madly and WHAM! Chest top comes up just a little and then nothing. The guy tries over and over again, getting more and more frustrated. Finally letting out a scream, "why don't you open? You don't have a lock." Thinking it could be jammed or something, the person rattles the top and nothing, except for the guttural scream followed by curling up into a ball and possibly sucking on your thumb. "Why won't it open? [insert sucking thumbs  i

Then their head would hit against the invisible and feel the lock. Being really large it would be hard to miss. It would be ready to be picked and the guy would know and pull out his lock pick kit.

But the the whole not being able to seen comes into play. Can you pick and invisible lock? You can try to pick it and the guy shrugs and eventually roars when he is unsuccessful. All he ended up doing is break a perfectly good pick set.

"Watch out for traps, mouse, ? " I yell up to Mouse and all it did was swat a hand in the air. How rude! It would have thanked me if something sharp and metallic popped out,

Closer and closer its hand  came in and moments later up popped the lid, glowing light and everything, sure sign of something good inside or a light of some sort.  We will be seeing soon and couldn't help myself from jumping up and down excitably.

((I think there should be a mouse action figure.))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2021, 07:47:01 am »
If my eyes could get wider, they would as the chest opened. I think I even stopped breathing for a moment and I gasped for air when the chest opened even more and I thought I saw something. I wanted to ask what the locator was over and over before this but I am pretty sure I would have tasted steel and not in the good way.  Now I was going to find out and it was slowly being revealed in front of me. So slow....... I had to fight the urge to tell Mouse that it was purposefully doing what it was doing  and  that I knew it was doing it on purpose to get to me and then grab ahold of the chest's lid and just throw it open.

I know if I did that, that things could happen. One being a growl followed by something that would make me ow. The second being I throw open the chest and it was trapped, that if the chest is thrown open with excessive speed that someone would be meeting the business end of a spear, "See now was it that hard?" [kerchunk] "What is that?" [thump] "Ow! This hurts, can you pull this out. I have a thing about spears going through my body and well.... I don't like it. Some maybe just you know antiseptic, a lot of bandages and pull. As soon as possible to, the whole spear thing will make it hard to get through doors." So I stood there like a good monkey girl and tapped my foot as Mouse slowly opened the chest. It knew what it was doing and if something was triggered and came flying out, whatever it was would just fly over its head and.... The thought alone made me take a step back followed by a few more.

From back where I was standing, a safe distance away from any spears, I started to tap my foot again. To take my mind off things I looked up and around just to be safe, sometimes traps just don't like to participate and follow rules. Sometimes they do things that aren't expected, like not being a spear and being little holes hidden a distance away from whatever is trapped. The adventurer thinks they are safe, maybe even mocking the trap "Ha ha I am out of range and you can't hit me. I out smarted you ha ha ha." When suddenly the trap is triggered and flames or darts come shooting out of the walls all around the person. All they can say as they become a crispy critter or pin cushion is "hey you weren't suppose to do that!" I just wanted to make sure, I don't want to be one of those adventurers. Nothing strange in the walls though so all good, I am not sure if you are really there trap. Sometimes it is best to be safe than sorry, especially with traps.

Mouse kept opening the chest and I yawned, how long was this going to take? Slowly my eyes closed.

I opened my eyes and Mouse was still opening the chest, further along now which was good but my eyelids were getting heavy and I......

When I opened them again Mouse was still working on the lid and this time I just closed my eyes.

Should I bother opening them? Nope keep them closed for a little longer.

Now, I think and I open them and was wrong. The chest was almost open but not yet. So I close them back in and enjoy a dream of banana shake bliss.

"You know you are good, like banana good," I mumble as Mouse shakes me awake. "What? Who? Where am I?" I ask blinking rapidly trying to get the sleep out of them. Mouse spit and showed me a hand, "I got it?"

Still half asleep I asked 'got what?' before remembering why we were here for. "Oh...oh yeah the locator." I look down at Mouse's hand and saw one of those neon plastic bracelets that glow in the dark. The bane of ninjas across the world, once you get one slapped on your wrist there is no way you can sneak around in the shadows unless you take it off. Why would you though, they look cool in well that sort of way.

"Is that it," I ask pointing down with a finger towards the bracelet.

"Yes," mouse growled.

"I sort of expected something different."

"No, this is it." Mouse said before spitting again.

"Am I being punked? Maybe you picked the wrong thing out of the chest," I said running over to the chest and looking inside only to see the inside of the chest and that is all. I heard a growl coming from behind me, taking it for a 'no' which was confirmed by the layer of dust in the chest.

"I guess not," I said turning back around and looking at the bracelet in Mouse's hand. "How does it work?"

Mouse just shook its head, "you put it on your wrist, it is a bracelet. Or your ankle if you really want. Have you never worn a bracelet before?"

If I had a mirror I would have seen my face turning a bright red, "Yes, I have but it is the locator isn't it? Isn't there anything special?" Mouse just shrugged, "nope, you put it on and it will do its job."

"So why aren't you putting it on?" Mouse just laughed, "I am not getting myself into that mess like before. You released Audokornet, you track it done and get it back into its container."

"But...."

"There is no but, this will teach you a lesson. Not everything has cookies in it or something." Mouse growled.

"Fine," I said walking over to Mouse. Taking the bracelet from Its hand, taking a breath , closing my eyes and slipping it on my..... right no left wrist. I expected a tingle or something but nothing happened. Slowly I opened my eyes and looked down at my wrist and the bracelet. Any second now something was going to happen, I just knew if. At the worse the bracelet would transform and try to bite my hand off and I would scream, "Get it off! Get it off!" Or it would start to beep over and over since someone set an alarm on it and forgot to leave the instructions on how to turn it off.

Again nothing, just a little glow and that is all, "So um.... How does this work?" I ask as I shake my wrist, which everyone knows will activate a bracelet if it has any powers.

((Magical bracelet activated form of a cute and adorable monkey girl))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2021, 07:48:19 am »
I shake my wrist again. "I think it is broken, " I tell Mouse as I shake my wrist one more time swearing it felt like my hand was going to fly off if I do it anymore.

"You young people are just impatient, you want things right now," Mouse answered  as it sat down.

"I can wait on somethings like bee stings, being chased by long forgotten elder gods or ice cream headaches. Definitely the last one, I have had  too many for a person my age I think. Nothing like going "Ow!!!!" as you hold your head think it might blow up at any moment . "Grrr......... Ice cream is freezing my brain." Boom KERSPLASH! It really sucks that you have to take that into consider sometimes. Oh this is my favorite nom nom nom nom nom nom ARGH! Why do you tease me my favorite  flavor? Why?!?!?  Shake hand to sky, "I will get my revenge!"

"Banana milkshakes on the other hand, I can't wait on. I hear any combination of those two words and I am there in a poof cloud. I might be way no way over there when you mentioned it. Which I guarantee will happen. "Do not do anything with containers. You have been warned with an exclamation point." Might not stop me.

Shaking my hand again, I think I have the bracelet activated when I think I see something light up, "I got it!" Excited i push my hand forward, "I knew I would get it to work. Just had to shake it like paint or something."

"No...." Mouse said and that is about it.

"What? Are you sure? I saw it glowing and everything."

"Yes I am sure. I wore it the last time," mouse answered.

"So no glowing after shaking then," I asked, slowly shaking my wrist from side to  side  for no apparent reason.

"No...."

"Then what? How do I get to turn on?"

Mouse growled, "ask it where Audokornet is?"

Slowly an eyebrow raised, now it was getting a little out there. Asking the bracelet where Audokornet was, really that is all it took.  That is just a little too easy. No pressing finger against something or calling something by name first. Just hey show me where so so is? I laugh, "Hey show me where Audokornet js please."

I didn't expect anything but something happened. A bright green glowing arrow something, one that spun around and pointed that way. I still there, mouth open and stared. Moving my wrist a little to see if it could be a automatic, point in this direction thing but it kept moving to point that direction and nowhere else.

"Told you..." Mouse said proudly and I nodded.” Before Ryan could answer Nichole let her arm drop to her side before turning to face the water.

((Insert something but brain is not working))

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #135 on: Yesterday at 07:29:07 am »
"Now I know where Audokornet is," I say shaking my arm just to test. I need to know how much this bracelet can handle before heading out, I don't need it glitching out in the middle of well um....... In the middle of something and either it stop working or something worse. The something worse is kind of open but there is a lot of things that it could be from giving me false positives and sending me on wild gone chases which after the one incident when I was young i really don't want to experience again.

How was I suppose to know that geese didn't like being chased, that even though they just want to do this and that, they don't mind turning on a little girl and hunting her down like a pack of raptors. I did my best to get away from them, I ran and hide. I even hide in the car! But they hunted me down like the predators they aren't. I am not sure how they managed to open the car door, but they did and they jumped me. All I remember is feathers, webbed feet and bills as I frantically tried to get away. To this day I can't look at anything filled with down without getting flashbacks.

Or the the bracelet could start singing old tunes from silent movies, whatever those are. I remember seeing one when Mom and Dad took me to a museum, they said it was for my own good and I would thank them later. When parents say that, I learned to not fight and just play along, something usually good came out of it like a stuffed animal or ice cream shaped like a dinosaur or something.

Oh or I could be taking a break enjoying a nice cool drink like whatever that sweet tea stuff is. When suddenly the bracelet goes nuts and pointer arrows go shooting all over, knocking things over and everything. Little kids' ice creams are knocked out of their hands, birds are punched out of the sky and passerby's are given wedgies. General chaos occurs and sitting in the middle of it is me, frozen in the drinking pose, looking at things as they occur wishing the warranty on the bracelet was still good.  Or as I am drinking the tea the bracelet does the while 'Audokornet is there' thing showing me it is all around while displaying it as a very not silent mode as it honks continuously. This catches me off guard and I spit comically all the tea on a old lady who just happens to be walking by at the moment.

I don't want any of those or anything else so I field test more by shaking my wrist. Mouse gives me the 'what are you doing and do I really want to know' look and I reply with 'field testing'. Not enough of that happens sometimes and bad things happen like..... Just things happen. I would tell you but I am in the middle of one and my wrist is really starting to hurt.

Warning lights start to go off, ones that never have gone off before except for that one time, so they were covered in spiderwebs and dust. I look and after wiping the dust and webs away see it is the wrist being twisted to the max lights. There is even a meter to, which I had forgotten about, which was firmly planted in the red. Any moment now my hand would go flying off if I didn't take emergency procedures and stop!

"Testing complete," I said, "the bracelet looks like it can take a beating and keep on doing what bracelets do best" and stop. Mouse just looked at me and growled "Idiot."

((Have you ever heard a mouse growl? It will make a Lion cower.))