Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, May 21, 2019, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khal Drogo

Daric attempted to protest but the Elf disappeared before he could muttered a word. He approached the camp with care, or so she'd call it. Not knowing when she'd come back or if the wolves would find them he found a tree nearby with relatively easy bark to grip, as a kid he'd climb trees for fun before and after his father's death he'd practiced so he climbed up to a safe distance. His hand on his sword waiting, if the wolf comes by then he'd strike it after jumping down, using the force of the gravity to help him kill the wolf.

Although he knew that rangers would prioritize function over looks he was expecting something more extravagant from an elf but this perfectly makes sense.
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

It wasn't long before Ariadne returned to the camp, letting out a sigh as she realised he wasn't immediately visible. "I advise you join me down here," she called out. "I was about to enchant this clearing to ensure the wolves couldn't sneak up on us, I'd rather not have you triggering it by mistake." She shrugged her cloak off, the quiver joining it on the floor alongside the bow. She also undid the gauntlets to reveal a pair of slender hands, one which bore two ornate silver rings. As well as the tunic she was wearing a long brown skirt, a coil of fabric filled with short blades secured across her chest, a short sword buckled at her waist. "There is a reason I recognise that blade you carry, I didn't tell you my full name: Ariadne Dawnhammer. That blade was forged for my grandfather."

Khal Drogo

When he heard her call out to him he climbed down, slowly at first "Was just hiding up here incase anything comes around!" he called for her attention, waving before jumping off the tree and down in front of her. Dusting myself I observed her, amazed by not only her duty but also her arsenal of knives and blades. He raised hsi eyebrow when she said her grandfather was the Smith that made it "impressive metal work" he said walking up to her.

He took out a bottle of alcohol and took a swig of the content "thanks for the help by the way, I don't want to imagine how it would've been if you hadn't found me." he took another gulp and wiped his mouth with his sleeves before holding the bottle out to her, offering the drink "so, how far are we until we reach outside of the forest?"
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

"With the best will in the world you would struggle to walk to the other edge of the forest, at least in a timely fashion," Ariadne replied. "You would need a way to cross more rapidly." She offered an apologetic smile to him. "While I appreciate the offer, human alcohol and I...do not mix well in my experience."

She paused for a moment, moving enough to reveal a pair of trinkets hung around her neck, but exactly what they were was well hidden under her tunic. After a moment she finally let out a chuckle.

"It is not a trip I would make this night, but there is a friend of mine who lives within the forest who keeps horses for any travellers who need them, I could take you to them." She suddenly felt a flush of embarrassment. "I wouldn't impose my company upon you if you did not wish it of course."

Khal Drogo

“Sounds like a good workout for all the alcohol I’ve drank” he chuckled at the comment about walking out of the forest. His face showed a little disappointment when she refused the alcohol and took a sip before putting it back in his pouch though intrigued to see how she’d be like to be drunk.

He found the Elf’s embarrassment cute, though since she knew the historian he wondered how old the elf was but that wouldn’t take away from her beauty. He noticed the trinkets

“Sure! A horse would help a long way” he thought of her reaction, maybe she’d take a liking to him? He bowed to take her hand and kiss it “it’d be a pleasure to travel with you, Ariadne” he said smiling, still holding her hand. His movements were a little awkward since he only saw people do it. He had never been a romantic but he might as well try his luck, not knowing if he’d live through this.

Lady Jenn

She pulled her hand away, cursing under her breath the fact she had reacted more strongly than she had intended. "I mean no offence to you Daric, but the days of me giving my love to any passed a long time ago." On instinct she placed her hand over where the trinkets were beneath her tunic, looking distant for a moment before she snapped out of her trance. "You may sleep in my hammock," she said, a faint smile returning again. "I spend most nights sleeping on the ground anyway, so I would feel rude to expect you to sleep on the forest floor.

Khal Drogo

He shrugged at her recoil, more or less what he’d expected. “I understand, though I’d still appreciate company on my journey, at this rate I might just end up talking to the horses!” He chucked a little. Again he saw her fidgeting with the trinkets “those trinkets of yours” he pointed, his hands looked like he wanted to touch them almost “what are they? I’ve never seen such designs before”

He lightly shook his head “thank you do  your kindness but I’m your guest, I don’t mind sleeping on the ground. And your hammock is probably big enough for two people my size from the looks of it” teasingly suggesting she’s too tall

Lady Jenn

"One was my mother's last gift to me," Ariadne said, approaching the hammock and pausing for a moment. "The other...the other is my last memory of my one true love. I keep them close to each other as a way of reminding me why I make the choices I do."

She almost sprang into the hammock, pulling the blankets over her.

"I suggest you sleep well," she said, trying to make herself as comfortable as possible. "If you think this forest is dangerous...you are in for an unpleasant shock when we head north." She closed her eyes. "And don't worry, if for some reason the wolves find our place here, I have an...early warning system to tell us about it."

Khal Drogo

He looked at her as she went to sleep, no wonder she wasn't really buying into his little advances but he had seen these types in the inn before, those who has memento tend to be the most kind and thoughtful ones. He placed his bag under his head before lying down, resting as he listened to her. He chuckled a little as she talked of the dangers ahead "I'll look forward to tomorrow then, and I better save some drinks for the journey".

He turned on his side, trying to find a comfortable position "sweet dream Ariadne" he said closing his eyes. As he slept he talked in his sleep, crying and moving around from the nightmare of the night that the knights came... damaging everything they held dear and beating his father and brother as they dragged his mother and sister off... never to be seen again. "no... mom... sis... let them go...." he said in his sleep.

Lady Jenn

Ariadne slept far less than most humans would, the sounds waking her up enough to get up and head over to a secluded part of the clearing to find a strange charm that was hung over a branch. She walked back to Daric, uttering a strange language under her breath before placing it in his hand.

"This will help you sleep," she said, trying to avoid waking him up. "We'll face enough real nightmares before this is over, we need not worry about bad dreams."

Khal Drogo

As his hand felt something touching it he instinctively grabbed it, the charm in one hand and the other hand gripping the elf's wrist "Maria... my love... come back" he said, tears coming down before he calmed down and slept soundly, loosening the grip and slept through the night. As the sun rised over the trees he'd wake up and move to a secluded area to take a piss from the alcohol before returning for the bag and yawn.

Lady Jenn

Ariadne was practising swinging her sword, her face the picture of concentration. Indeed she was so focused that it took her a few moments to even realise Daric was there. She hadn't yet thrown her cloak on, and even her belt full of daggers was hanging from the same branch as the quiver of arrows. However, there was something different among the silver arrows: an arrow fletched with feathers which were dark green.

"It's a good thing you aren't a threat to me," she said, chuckling as she sheathed her sword. "Are you ready to depart? Thankfully my friend's house is not far from this clearing."

Khal Drogo

He laughed at her comment as he went to grab his bag "well, if I were you would've let me become dog food already" he mounted his blades on his back and threw the back over his shoulder and dusted himself "you have good moves, maybe you could teach me that sometimes" he said as he glanced over at the arrows with different feathers "those are poisoned aren't they" pointing at the dark green feathers.

He streched a little and looked at her "I'm sober, so that's a yes" he said "lead the way my lady"

Lady Jenn

"The green one is, yes," she said, pulling her remaining weapons and the cloak on. "That arrow is tipped with a poison you wouldn't find here anymore, it is intended for someone who has long since earnt the right to experience it first hand." As she uttered the last words her right hand gripped her sheathed blade so tight her knuckles turned white, before she let it go again.

"You'll be glad to know the wolves rarely leave their lairs during daylight hours," she said as she led them out of the clearing. "And there's little else here that could genuinely threaten you unless you let your guard down when you shouldn't." She led them away from the path, deeper into the forest. "I should warn you, my friend can be a little...unusual, but he means well. You will likely realise why he is so unusual when you meet him however."

Khal Drogo

He watched tentatively when she talked of the weapon and this someone who deserved it. He wanted to ask who but it would be prying into her life too much. As they walked he listened to her speak about the wolves "well, at least they weren't troll or giants or anything" he said drinking again but sparingly.

He followed her, trying not to lag behind the tall elf and chuckled when she warned him of her friend "I'm sure he couldn't be that strange, you're talking to an innkeeper here, I've met characters which aren't exactly normal everyday" He looked at the ancient forest around him, observing the surroundings as he spoke "but what'd you mean by unusual exactly?"

Lady Jenn

"Well, for one thing he has an early warning system around his camp," she replied, just as they passed an oddly shaped lantern that hung from a tree. "The wolves never come near him, so I'm not sure WHAT he thinks he needs guarding from."

They finally reached a clearing much larger than the one Ariadne called home. At its centre was a large, one-storey building which somehow seemed both decrepit and well-kept. Although the clearing appeared otherwise empty the sound of horses whinnying could be heard somewhere nearby. Ariadne led Daric up to the door, rapping on the door, but no answer was forthcoming.

"Come on Elreth," Ariadne called out. "Last I knew there was nothing wrong with your hearing, so I'm certain you can tell you have visitors." There was a grunt from within, and the sound of heavy boots could be heard approaching the door. It opened to reveal a tall man, dressed in a plain brown tunic and thinning grey hair. But his most remarkable feature were his eyes, which were milky white. He let out a deep chuckle as he reached out and touched Ariadne's shoulder.

"It's always a good day when I am visited by my favourite Pri-" he stopped himself, a pained expression crossing his face even before Ariadne could say something. He turned towards Daric. "My name is Elreth," he said, bowing slightly. "I know, you wouldn't expect a blind man to last long in this place."

Khal Drogo

As they walked through the path and saw that there were the odd lanterns as well as hearing about the traps. Yea he sounds like a nutjob alright he thought as he followed her. The house wasn't remarkable but it wasn't too unimpressive either. The place fit into the area seemlessly, like if the house were ot be removed then it'd feel like the area is missing something.

He was surprised by the tall man am I just short or are these people just tall?. He was more used to human travellers or dwarvish merchants who came to his inn, from being the tallest one in the room to the shortest made him feel slightly uncomfortable.

"wasn't my first thought to judge you by your sight but yes."He gave the man a quick but unelegant bow "I'm Daric Dondarian, pleasure to meet you" he said, not used to being the guest. "Ariadne is just helping me through the woods and thought you might be able to help me on my way to Dragonblight"

Lady Jenn

"She's been waiting for you to return," Elreth said to Ariadne, chuckling. "What, you thought she wasn't smart enough to notice you haven't been here in months. Go see her." As Ariadne started walking round the house the man turned to Daric. "You're about to witness something few humans have seen in centuries."

He led Daric around the house, to a surprising view. Somehow hidden by the house, the back half of the clearing was dominated by a paddock containing three horses. Two would not have looked out of place in a human army, but their companion stood out immediately: a tall, black haired horse whose legs seemed to be nothing but muscle. At that moment though it was nuzzling Ariadne affectionately.

"Her name is Silver," Elreth said to Daric. "She is pretty much the last descendant of the great Elven steeds of old to live north of the Great Sea. She is so...independent there is only one rider she has ever allowed on her back." He paused for a moment. "I hope Ariadne forgives me for telling you this, but her friends will tell you she has had only two true loves in her life: one is Silver, the other...all I will say is, if you are brave enough, ask her why she keeps an arrow for if her and Myraz ever cross paths."

Khal Drogo

Daric was amazed by the stallions kept behind the house. He was impressed by all of them, even the normal looking horses but he was especially impressed when he saw the towering black horse. He stepped forward a little, closer to it to observe it. He didn't react to Elreth's words but he heard them full well. He examined the horses as he moved closer but his gaze was pretty much on Silver.

He didn't need Elreth's words nor ask her what happened to put together what happened to this mysterious person. He must've been killed by Myraz for one reason or another and so she wanted revenge. Pity how this all comes around but he nodded in agreement with Elreth in a thankful way and said "I see". He moved closer and hovered his hand close but still a little bit away from the magnificant stallion "may I?" he asked. The question was intended for Ariadne but it sounded, at least to him, like it's directed at the horse.

Lady Jenn

"She doesn't bite," Ariadne said, offering Daric an apple for him to give to Silver. "He used to tell me that he could see why Silver and I had bonded, because for all our fearsome appearance and quick temper, we're like teddy bears around people we trust. Isn't that right old friend?" She patted the horse softly, who let out a soft whinny, approaching Daric carefully and lower her head towards him.

"If I didn't know better I'd think you and that horse had a way of communicating that the rest of us couldn't understand," Elreth said, chuckling. "I'm guessing you'll want one of the other two as well?"

"We both know what happened the last time someone other than me tried to sit on Silver's back," Ariadne replied. "I'm sure Daric can handle one of the other horses without an issue though."

Khal Drogo

He took the apple from her and reached it out to the stallion, he watched her eating the apple with occasional glance at Ariadne as he pet her. The feeling of her fur and muscle was nothing like he had ever felt. He closed his eyes and nuzzled his face with the horse's. feeling their skulls touched.

"what did happened last time?" he said to them without moving his head "I'd be interested in trying to ride Silver, just for the challenge if nothing else" he chuckled "where I came from the animals loved me"

He hoped he didn't sound like he was invading the intimacy between Ariadne and Silver but he was interested to try a challenge like this.

Lady Jenn

"You could take one of the other horses with you too," Elreth said. "That way if Silver does get skittish you have alternative transport."

"Well, I think I'm being outvoted here," Ariadne said with a sigh. "If you want to try riding her then sure, just...don't say I didn't warn you about her." As she started to approach one of the other horses she felt Elreth's hand on her shoulder. "I know what you're going to say Elreth," she said, trying to talk quietly enough that only the blind man would hear her. "But if this works then I can finally lay her spirit to rest, let me do this."

"Ariadne, I wouldn't tell you not to even if I thought you'd listen," Elreth said, chuckling. "Just...be careful, revenge can make people take leave of their senses, not even a royal like you is immune to such emotions." He turned to face Daric. "I think you two are ready to go," he said. "You'd best leave now if you hope to leave this forest by nightfall."

Khal Drogo

Daric laughed as they let him ride, the way they did it made him feel like they're basically saying what are you doing you idiot while laughing their asses off. On the inside. He watched as she approached the other horses when Elreth stopped her. He knew it wasn't to do with him and he got most of what they said, being an innkeeper who hated the king one needs to keep their ears open for any kind of information at all times, even when drunk.

He wanted to ask her about everything then and there but he'd better let it slide for now, once he's closer to her he'll ask her about it. There's a long and treacherous journey ahead, the last thing he wanted was turmoil with his only traveling companion that's not made of fermented liquid.

"well I suppose we better leave soon then" Before Daric tried to ride Silver he approached the blind man, embracing him in a friendly hug "take care of yourself old man" he said as he was about to attempt to ride Silver "got any spare drinks by chance? A long ride can get thirsty" he said in high spirit.

Lady Jenn

"I'm afraid not," Elreth replied. "But if she's taking you where I think she is you don't need to worry about being without drink for too long."

Ariadne, sensing Silver's reluctance, walked over to the horse, whispering something in the horse's ear in a strange language. For a moment the horse didn't seem to respond, but then she knelt to make it easier for Daric to climb on her back.

"I told her to go easy on the speed," Ariadne said to Daric as she returned to the other horse. "Partly because this horse would struggle to keep up with her if she galloped at full speed, but also that would almost guarantee you'd fall off if she tried that."

Khal Drogo

Daric raised an eyebrow but sighed "alright, I'd be interested in trying her full speed but if you say so" He climbed onto Silver, rubbing her neck for her to get used to him "nice to meet you Silver, if I fall down do me a favor and don't trample over me alright?" he said in his usual playful tone as he looked back to the two of them.

He tried guiding her around to try to get used to her and vice versa, struggling but easier to stay on than he'd expect "you sure you didn't tell her to go easy so I don't fall off?" he called out to Ariadne.