The Scourge of Shadowlore Keep (Councillors win!)

Started by Remiel, June 06, 2011, 03:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

He sighed heavily, bringing his hand up to wipe over his face for a brief moment.  "Yes.  I fear losing three of my dear friends so soon does wear upon the nerve.  Couple that with the lost sleep while fearing for your own life and it does make one...a bit less pleasant.  Please pardon my tone.  If you are inquiring as to anything I see that you do not, I see only what I have told you.  Nothing more.  I wish I had the answers to end all of this for it would surely save all of our lives."

Imogen

"I too find Geeklet's reasoning strange" Imogen mused, "it did seem as if shi was coming to Lord Starlequin's rescue. And now shi votes for Lord Mayerling instead of acknowledging hir timing might have seemed suspect. Hir actions shed a dark light upon Lord Starlequin as well. I did not trust him before and he has given me no reasons to change my views."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Current Tally:

Starlequin (12): Valerian, Josietta, Foamweber, Lord Mayerling, Xandi, Imogen, Rhedyn, Geeklet, Mithlomwen, Marguerite, Kyrsa, Moirae
Marguerite (2): Aiden, Izu
Aiden (1): Ryven
Xandi (1): Starlequin

Votes not yet cast: Beguile's Mistress

Reminder: The voting phase will end Thursday, 23 June, at approximately midnight, EST (GMT-5).

Rhedyn

Dame Rhedyn listened intently to the arguments and reasoning that had so far arisen following the disturbing discoveries of the night. While she was still unsure if Lord Mayerling could be trusted particularly considering his sudden change from thorough sceptic to accusing Geeklet of being a vampire she could see the value in his opinion.

Lord Starlequin then gets my vote too, as much as I hate the possibility of sending another innocent to their death I think it is worth the risk to attempt to uncover the character of several of our fellow councillors.”

Geeklet

Hir eyes glanced towards Imogen. "Oh, I readily admit my timing was suspect. I did not have concrete suspicions upon either one, and tried to remain out of the conflict for as long as possible, not wanting to be the cause of the demise of one of our own. However, as time weighed on and the day drew to a close, I couldn't help but intervene. Ultimately though, while my vote did break the tie at the time, had I not changed it, Lady rottenaim still would have perished that day, as Eden also voted for her as well, after I did. If I am mistaken, or was swayed by a silver tongued devil, then that, unfortunately, is a decision I must live with."

Imogen

"In that case I fail to understand why you point your finger so adamantly at Lord Mayerling." She said reasonable. "It does not strengthen your position at all, but makes you more suspect. I understand your anger, but if Mayerling attempts to deceive us, he will be found out." She spread her hands. "Do you not agree that Lord Starlequin's actions seemed 'interesting'?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Geeklet

"I... I do have some anger issues. Sometimes I do tend to speak and act before thinking things through. Perhaps this is one of those times. I fear, however, that with the accusations against me, one could find suspicion with any vote I make, even if it was one for Lord Starlequinn. His actions on the previous day were a bit suspect, and now with growing votes against him this day, there is not a word. It does seem suspect, but it doesn't quite seem to equate proof as of yet. However, should it help alleviate the fears of the accusations against me in even the slightest, then yes, I shall vote for Lord Starlequinn this day, however, should I survive the night, Mayerling will have a lot to answer for."

Mithlomwen

Dame Mithlomwen pondered everyone's words carefully before finally deciding that she would place her vote on Lord Starlequin.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Marguerite

Duchess Marguerite voted for Lord Starlequin all the while she eyed Geeklet. "Do I have anything to doubt your words, Geeklet? Remember, you were friends with Eden, and I now wonder if you might have had a hand in murdering hir."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Geeklet

"Miss Mar, Eden's death showed the telltale signs of a werewolf attack. Even if these accusations were true, I could not possibly have been the one to do hir in."

Kye

Having listened to all of the arguments and conversations that have been rampant Kyrsa was no closer to knowing who she could trust.  "I can't help but place my vote on Lord Starlequin as well.  I have my suspicions about others, but he seems to have drawn more suspicion than the rest," she murmured solemnly before glancing towards Dame Mithlomwen with a nod to acknowledge another quiet observer.

Starlequin

As the councillors conversed and debated amongst themselves, Lord Starlequin sank into a corner chair and drummed his fingers on the plush armrests, staring aimlessly into space. It was clear from the furtive looks, the cold glares, the quiet whispers that stopped under his glance that the others were plotting against him. The dice were cast, and his honeyed words and soulful arguments would serve him no longer. The cold, soft shadow of approaching death hung upon him like a silken cloak, and he found a strange kind of comfort in its inevitable embrace.

He sat quietly as his fellows built the case for his execution, ignoring the pointed looks and hushed accusations as he thought back over his life. Not such a terrible one, really. Like many nobles he'd been born to privilege, but he'd done the best he could to see that those under his care and command suffered as little as possible, to ensure that none in his charge should languish under the burdens of poverty or hunger, illness or senseless violence. He had not been perfect, but he'd found something he believed in, and he had lived his life in its service with neither regret nor hesitation. His parents would have been proud, he thought, and that too gave him comfort.

And Starlequin remembered the pleasures he'd met, the countless men and women whose embraces he'd enjoyed and whose beds he'd been honored to share. He considered attempting to decide which had been his favorite, who among his myriad lovers had touched his heart most, but decided not to cheapen the exquisite beauty of their encounters with so base a thing as ranking them. Still, as the court's session began to draw to a close, it was Ana Lucia's face which came to mind, dark brown curls cascading over her radiant visage, and Starlequin smiled to himself. That would be a most fine memory to accompany him to the grave.

The young Lord looked about the room one final time, taking stock of those around him with a clarity he'd rarely experienced before and wondering who among them were truly as human as himself. Lord Mayerling was almost certainly innocent; an obnoxious little toad he may have been, but Starlequin had come to believe his misguided intentions were still noble. Ladies Imogen and Marguerite, despite the venomous opinions they appeared to harbor toward him, were perhaps mortal as well. But two of the other ladies struck him as something more...sinister.

First, Lady Mithlomwen, who seemed to Lord Starlequin constantly distracted, who graced the court infrequently with her presence and even more so with her words. Several others had offered their King their wisest council, yet she had remained silent as tombstones. Was she perhaps hoping to avoid drawing attention to her own wicked agenda?

And then, Lady Xandi, with her fragile and soft-spoken exterior, a perfect disguise to encourage would-be victims to lower their guard -- before she tore out their throats. Starlequin had listened as intently as he could to the debate over him between the Lady and Lord Ryven, the pompous little pastry cook who even in the midst of these atrocities had proven he still thought with his appetites. He supposed he should have been grateful to the man for at least attempting to mount some kind of defense of his honor, but the Lord realized that his compassion would not stand against the rising tide of accusations. No, he too would turn against him in the end, bowing to the pressures of their peers just as Geeklet had done. Ryven could not be faulted for joining the crowd...but Xandi might well could. Indeed, Starlequin began to suspect she may have played a larger hand against him than he'd imagined from the beginning.

The end approached, swift as the wind and carried on tides of hatred and suspicion. Starlequin sought out the object of his suspicions and caught her eyes. A slow, sad smile passed over his face, and he discreetly pantomimed mild applause in her direction. "Well played," he mouthed silently, and tipped his hat to Lady Xandi.

Only one thing left to do, now. He sat back in his chair, head held high, and watched his final act unfold...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

desert ashes

Withdrawing from hir prayers and contemplations in the chapel, Moirae returned to the chambers and gave just a moment for the decisions and votes of others sink into hir.  Lifting the black veil from hir face, eyes glanced between the two shi suspected, and with a sigh shi said, "Lord Starlequin."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Izu

Count Izu shook his head while he listened to everyone (or almost everyone) voting for one and the same person. "I don't like this... I vote for Marg simply because I don't want to gang up on one person... Plus it looks odd - everyone, among whom we know there are creatures of the evil kind, are voting for one person? That's just odd..."

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Autumn52

Lady Xandi gasp when Lord Starlequin accused her. She was simply going on the only evidence that had been placed before the court. Why would he pick her out of the entire court that had voted against him? Her nerves were shot, the days events had taken their toll on her and when he tipped his hat to her a shiver went down her spine. Would she be the next member of court to be eatten or sucked dry for simply trying to follow the only line of reason that made sense? She bowed her head in prayer as the rest of the votes were tallied, praying that God had helped her in her reasoning. Praying that God would see justice done this day.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Remiel

Final Tally (Day Two):

Starlequin (12): Valerian, Josietta, Foamweber, Lord Mayerling, Xandi, Imogen, Rhedyn, Geeklet, Mithlomwen, Marguerite, Kyrsa, Moirae
Marguerite (2): Aiden, Izu
Aiden (1): Ryven
Xandi (1): Starlequin

Did Not Vote: Beguile's Mistress

As the second day came to a close, it became obvious that the overwhelming majority of the King's Council suspected that Lord Starlequin had less than noble motives.  As the votes fell, one after another, with the l inevitability of a tomb lid dropping into place, all that was left was for King Gregorii to once more signal the royal guard to apprehend Lord Starlequin and march him, as they did Lady Rottenaim before him, to the executioner's block. 

At first, Lord Starlequin protested his innocence, declaring before all that his loyalty lay to none but the king and realm.  As he was forced to lie upon the slab, however, his tone quickly changed.

"You'll pay for this!" he screeched, struggling violently against the chains into which he was clasped.  "My masters will kill you all!  There will be no one left!  All will fall prey to the children of the night! Listen closely -- can you hear your death coming  swiftly for you all in the heart of darkness, on leathery wings? Avenge me, my masters!"

His rambling curses were quickly silenced by the fall of the silver-bladed axe, and all who watched nodded in grim satisfaction.  For although Starlequin was human, he had fallen under the sway of the vampires as the Vampire Clanservant.

Night has fallen.  Vampires and werewolves, I need your targets for the night.  Werewolf Hunter, I need your target as well.  As always, any councillors who have yet to use their charms of scrying may do so at any time.

Josietta

Lady Josietta had known there was something off with the Lord Starlequin. She was thankful her intuitions were correct. She sighed in relief at having one of the monsters out of the picture now everyone just needed to find the others. How many more were there and just how long would each of them survive? She pushed her fingers back through her long blonde tresses and she closed her eyes a moment still shaking at hearing the vampire clanservant crying out to his Masters. She couldn't help but watch the others as he spoke, wondering just who amongst them was his master.

Smoothing her skirts she knew the night would not be easy on them and she needed to find comfort and safety before her eyes could truly rest. Slipping off to the chapel she would do her duties before heading to bed and locking herself inside. Before she had bedded in a room with others. Tonight she was not sure who to trust. Geeklet had been supposedly outted. Did shi vote against Star to save her own skin or was she truly innocent? Was Ryven insisting upon voting out Geeklet because he knew more than Lord Mayerling or was he one of the Monsters as well.  Why did Ryven refrain from voting against Star as the rest of them did? Maybe Ryven was truly the Vampire Clanservants Master. It was worth questioning. She chewed at her lower lip and kept her internal dialogue to herself for the moment. Her footsteps lead her down to the chapel where she stayed for a bit. The comforts of sleep called to her and she would soon enough be there to mayhaps hide in the dreams of goodness and forget this tragedy that had befallen them all.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Remiel

The King woke uneasily, dreading the inevitable screams that would herald the discovery of a new victim or two.

And he was not to be disappointed.  When two of the councilors did not arrive at the banquet hall, a search party was quickly dispatched.  It didn't take them long to find the ravaged, mangled body of Lord Mayerling, a loyal Councillor.

Curiously, the body was found festooned with garlic and religious symbols.  That, as well as an expression of superlative shock and surprise, seemed to suggest that Mayerling had been expecting a vampire attack--but instead, it was the werewolves who got him.

The news wasn't all bad.  Elsewhere in the castle, Kyrsa was found in her chambers, beatifically poised, hands resting on her stomach, as if merely enjoying an extended slumber.  A search of her quarters revealed an extensive collection of letters revealing her collaboration with werewolves.  She was, in fact, the Werewolf Packfriend; the vampires had chosen their victim well.

With new, and increasingly more desperate, resolve, the King convened the council once more.

The day phase has begun.  All votes are due at the end of Saturday, July 2nd.

desert ashes

The burials of friend and foe seen to, Moirae returned to the chambers and cast a wary glance over the other Councillors.  "Let us not forget who else Lord Mayerling singled out in the quest to rid ourselves of these horrid creatures -- Geeklet.  I have every faith that his words rang with nothing but truth."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Valerian

While it was reassuring to know that at least the humans who had betrayed their own kind could do no more harm, that, unfortunately, was of little help in discovering who their masters were.  The king was right to be concerned; they could not relax yet.  Val glanced at Moirae and nodded.  "Agreed.  Lord Mayerling's logic was impeccable.  He believed Geeklet to be a vampire, and I see no reason to doubt his belief."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

He had stood by idle for too long.  Ryven let his eyes move to Geeklet, realization apparent in them.  "You will hide among us no longer and feed to your heart's content."

Imogen

"Lord Mayerling knew giving us this information would cost him his life. He shan't die for nothing. Geeklet is guilty."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Josietta

With a heavy heart Lady Josietta looked at Geeklet and then to the others. They had lost friends because of monsters. Even those who were allied with the Monsters had to have been persuaded by said creatures to have that kinship, so she felt that even Lord Starlequin and Kyrsa were both victims as well. She did not know anything of how one would become infected or made into those creatures but she knew Geeklet wasn't always a monster. Did Lord Mayerling really know or was he speculating? She wasn't sure. But with his death it appeared he thought the vampires would come after him upon his finger pointing to one of their own. But then again, was it luck or chance that he chose Geeklet or did he have some kind of other knowledge that rang true? Lady Josietta could not say but she sighed and looked at Geeklet.

"I am sorry, Geeklet.I know you cannot prove anything to us but if you could it would show us your innocence you claim. Until you can do that I'm afraid that you being fingered as a vampire is all we can go on. May God have mercy on your soul and on any of us who may be wrong in our choices.

She crossed her fingers over her chest in a cross pattern and clutched her rosary close before moving to the side in hopes that their God would direct them all in the light and show them the way.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Rhedyn

There was little to say seeing how events were unfolding, poor Lord Mayerling was dead but not before he had given a warning that Rhedyn felt they would be foolish not to heed. Looking to Geeklet she inclined her head in agreement with the others. "Given what has happened you have my vote as well...I am sorry"

Geeklet

"My fellow nobles... Lord Mayerling, though human, was not quite as innocent as you wish to believe. Though I may have made poor judgement on day one, at the beginning of day two, he sought to use that against me. Believing me to be one of the monsters hiding amongst us, he came to me in private to seek protection. He intended to work with the creatures hunting us to further his own agenda. And when I could not provide the confession he so desperately desired, he resorted to blackmail. Upon day two, one of our fellow nobles rounded up a small group of people they believed they could trust to talk privately, among them myself and Lord Mayerling. As he pressured me in private to confess to something I was not, his first step was to announce a vague threat amongst this group. He spoke no names at that time, for it was merely an attempt to scare me into working with him. When I still could not provide what he wanted, that is when he publicly declared me a monster."

"But think back upon the state his body was in when he was found this morning. He claimed me to be a vampire, yet it was the wolves who did him in. Were I a vampire, would I not wish to kill him myself? The werewolves know I am not among their number, and with Mayerling dead, everyone's attention has turned towards me. This is what these monsters want. They want us fighting amongst ourselves while they get ignored. When it was mentioned that despite everyone focusing their attention upon the potential of Starlequinn or myself to be wretched leeches, that the werewolves were still out there, Lady Xandi was rather quick to turn the attention back towards us, was she not?"

"To this day I still detest that I fell for Starlequinn's lies, however, I am no vampire. Lord Mayerling's accusation was either fueled by werewolf manipulations, since I know for a fact he was seeking aid from the monsters, or he was merely lucky on a flip of the coin that Starlequinn was allied with the vampires instead of the werewolves."