Re: Murder on the Elliquiy Express: European Tours: Day 4

Started by Pixilicious, July 19, 2010, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

"Um...so. I-interesting morning, huh?" He said, ready to jump up and run at her slightest motion and wailing silently to himself.

The words seemed to of been spoken in some tunnel as the lady Sasha had been tuning everyone out to read the romance novel . It took awhile for the voice to fully sink into her mind as she was in a hot and steamy section and was difficult to draw ones creative mind away. Raising an eyebrow as she lifted and leaned back into the nice comfortable seat . A smile came to her face ..well now it was not everyday one got a chance at finding out the inner workings of a murderer was there.

" It has became an interesting morning ...that is for sure. Do not believe I have ever awoken and found another in the same room no longer with the world . Seems to have put a rather overcautious attitude among the rest of the passengers . Unfortunate in many ways ..as I was so looking forward to enjoying the complete tour of Europe on the train . " as she let out a sigh and glanced out the window at the Mountains . " Seems rather peaceful up here looking out at the snow capped mountains . Where I hail from the land is rather flat , rural farm land ... rather boring I suppose to many . This trip definitely has given more excitement than I had bargained for . "  as she spoke in a wistful manner a slight sadness in the voice as poor Sasha was not so dipsey as everyone thinks .

Looking back up at him ..." I do suppose you can feel the tension and the whispered accusations as well ..if you like to have a seat and chat please do . But if your going to become a drama mama and go off like some whinny ass ..it wasn't me ..and start an unnecessary finger pointing contest of woes to the me . " as she leaned forward some . " You can just put a pair of wet panties in it as I am not biting and ruining what little bit might be left of my much needed  vacation. " 

Looking down at the book ..oh damn now she done lost her page . With another sigh ..she returned to the quivering man that looked about to run for the hills . Though his stuttering seemed to have disappeared which was a good thing . " So do tell me about this fascination you have with masks ...as it is quite alluring . Almost a mystery revolves around them in the mind you know . As everyone wonders what lies beneath such a thing . Are you a romantic at heart or just enjoy being a bit secretive ? " as she folded her hands over he book that had lost her interest for the moment . As part of her mind wondered why exactly she felt the need to get to know a murderer for and the only real answer seemed to be loneliness. As it was obvious no one else was going to talk to her the rest of the trip .

Kaizen

After returning from a relaxing massage and an hour in the sauna from the fitness car, wearing just a lavish robe in the fashion of Hugh Heffner, Kaizen arrived just in time for the carriage assignments.  An attendant handed him a velvet pouch with his name embroidered on it.  Inside was a key to carriage A and a piece of chocolate.  After asking around Kaizen learned that his suitemates would be Kyrsa and Ryven.  He made a note to hide what was left of his money, the previous night Kyrsa and taken everything except the clothes he was wearing in a poker game.  And he remembered Ryven was the pleasant seeming gentleman who boarded the train ahead of him yesterday.  Feeling safe with his assigned suitemates, Kaizen ordered bourbon and coke, lit a cigar, and took a seat near a window.

He did feel a bit sorry for his new friend Remiel.  Kaizen learned that both Sasha and Starlequin, who were sitting at a table together –perhaps they are collaborating on their next murder victim– would be in the same carriage as Remiel.

Remiel

Remiel gave Kaizen a wan smile as he collected his chocolate.  He did not eat it, but simply dropped it into his bag with his other things.  "I suppose, all things considered, sharing a sleeping car with a murderer is preferable to losing my shirt to Kyrsa at the poker table."    He was joking, of course;  Kyrsa had been a charming woman, and he had enjoyed the rapport with his new friends Kaizen and Sir Wolfgang. Oh, how he wished he had chosen carriage A again!

He gave both Sasha and Starlequin a long, hard look as he retired to his carriage.  Clearly, one of them was a murderer -- heck, for all he knew, both of them were -- and they had both decided to choose car D that night. 

Lucky him.

"Well, Marguerite," he said, quickly changing into his pajamas, "I have a feeling that neither of us are going to get much sleep tonight.  And I do not mean that in the good way, either."

HockeyGod

alxnjsh looked around as Carriage rooms were assigned. He at least knew Barnbean. He could only shake his head at poor Remiel and Marguerite. Oh well, someone needed to join Valerian and it might as well be one of them.

"Nice knowing you." He said quietly walking past the two while keeping an accusing eye on Starlequin.

Grabbing the chess board from Ryven's compartment he headed to his new digs. At least he'd sleep well.

Marguerite

Marguerite looked at who she was going to be in the carriage and knew it was time to bring out the good tobacco for this occasion. Hell, she rather go out smelling with mint and chocolate than never having to put her lips on the hookah to smoke. "Eh, one last smoke for the road," she said to all as she started to puff from the hookah.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Pixilicious

Early the next morning, Pixilicious and her staff set out waking up the passengers on the train.  An early call them was necessary, since they would be reaching their next destination before lunch time.  She knocked a few times on the Suite of a Miss Ariadne, and got no answer.  Finally, deciding that something was horribly wrong, she took out her spare keys and opened the door to the Suite.

When she stepped inside, the sight that greeted her caused a bone-chilling scream to come from her mouth.  There, sitting propped up on a chair, on the table in her room was Ariadne.  Except...she was not alive.  Her skin, now tinged with blue was ice cold, and the tell-tale slit across her throat told the reason why.  Her clothes, the ones she had come on the train with, were covered in blood, most likely from the death wound inflicted.

"Dear goodness," the young Concierge said, her voice frightened and full of sorrow. 

Knowing what had to be done, and how best to preserve the well-being of the rest of her passengers, Miss Pixilicious picked up the phone in the Suite Room and dialed the intercom.  "Ladies and Gentlemen...If you would be so kind as to all stay in the dining carriage for the time being, that would be greatly appreciated.  I am very, very, very saddened to report that there has been another death throughout the night.  Miss Ariadne was recently discovered in her room, her throat slit in a clean, perfect line.  In order to make the security investigation as smooth as possible, we are asking that all guests stay away from the sleeping carriages for the time being...It is very sad when something so horrendous happens to a Passenger."

With that, Pixilicious hung up the intercom, and then proceeded to go back to the investigations on the death of Ariadne.

Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Pixilicious

In your first post in this thread, following this message, please choose someone from the following list, whom you feel is responsible for Ariadne's murder.  The person with the most votes, will unfortunately come to an end of their journey with the Elliquiy Express.

Current List of Players:
Alxnjsh
Barnbean
Imogen
Kaizen
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Random Civilian
Remiel
Ryven
Sasha
Sir Wolfgang
Spell
Starlequin

HockeyGod

alxnjsh rubbed sleep from his eyes. "Jesus Christ, this train is like a roach motel. You check in, but you don't check out." Having been up late playing chess with himself, by the time he went to bed nothing would have gotten him out of his slumber...not to mention the happy sleepy pills he took. He had to - Barnbean snored like a train. Er...alxnjsh then realized perhaps it was the train.

Eying Starlequin suspiciously he merely shrugged. "I guess this could be a random act." He then cocked an eyebrow. "Yes...yes it was. It was an act of Random Civilian."

Barnbean

"I will never again buy my tickets from a website sponsored by William Shatner... I should have known it was too good to be true when they said you had to wear a red shirt on the trip if you bought a ticket... damn red shirts always die thanks to Shatner..." Barnbean mumbled to himself as he shook his head and tried to not think about what was now a SECOND murder on a train. This vacation was turning out to be a trip to hell and back. And he wasn't sure he would be making it back.

"It had to be Random Civilian. It just had to be, who else coulda done it? And how did some random person get on a moving train anyway?! And who names their kid Random? A family of murderers, thats who!" he spoke to no one in particular, just spoke. Because... well someone was dead and he didn't know who to trust, random or not.

Imogen

Imogen dropped her pencil when she heard the news of poor Ariadne's death. She ducked under the table, retrieved the charcoal stick and settled back in her seat. The half finished sketch was pushed aside, and she looked over towards the doors leading to the next carriage. "I think Alexnjsh has something to do with this."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Remiel awoke the next morning a bit groggy.  Perhaps he had indulged just a bit too much in the hookah, but as he had thought it his last night on earth, perhaps he could be forgiven.  He was surprised, then, to find out that not only was he alive, but so was Marguerite.   The thought cheered him, but not so much when he discovered that the unfortunate Ariadne had not survived the night.

"But...that's impossible!" he thought to himself.  "Both Starlequin and Sasha were in carriage D last night."  He could not avoid the chilling conclusion, that there were not just one, but two murderers aboard the train!

After listening to Alxnjsh and Barnbean accuse Random Civilian, he shook his head.  Something about Barnbean didn't seem right.

Ryven

He emerged from his carriage compartment smelling of sweet hookah smoke and floral tea.  There was a rather glazed look in his eyes for a moment or two before he blinked and realized that, yes, he indeed was awake.  The scream had awoken him from a rather appealing dream involving chess.

Stumbling down the aisle to join the others, he learned of the grave news.  Another body had been discovered.  However, this time, it was not a needle but a blade that killed.

"It has to be Barnbean, if you ask me."  He said before acquiring his morning coffee.

Kye

Kyrsa woke for the second night in a row to find one of her fellow passengers had been murdered while she slept.  She couldn't help but send a silent prayer of thanks that she had been spared, feeling more than a little guilty for the thought.  She sat quietly and simply listened to the others, her thoughts still coming back again and again to the first murder.  Either Sasha or Starlequin was a murderer, and now it appeared someone else as well. 

"At least I can console myself with the fact that if I choose incorrectly Alxnjsh will be safe from the murderers."

Sasha

Sasha moved out into the dinning carriage as she was in one hell of a good mood after having woken up to find herself still alive .Having smoked a few hits off the Hooka with Marguerite ..it was a great morning . Getting all dressed up and putting on her make-up , maybe that talk with the murdering stuttering masked marvel last night had indeed changed his ways . For everyone in their carriage was alive and well ...now things were looking a bit up as she placed on the perfect pimp hat for celebrating . Having the munchies as she made her way to a table ...humming and thinking about blueberry crepes and whipped cream . Oh yes indeed ...as she was placing her order that is when the announcement came over the system .

Well now ..looking over a few of her friends that were staying in that Carriage ...this is just absurd. Mean Alxnjsh and Barnbean ...well they were always together and up to no good but murder. Naaa ...she couldn't quite buy all that . Mean Barnbean was wound a bit tight and had all those complexes but kill that darling woman. As Sasha played with her fork ..watching them all . Oh hell ...obviously one of them had to go ...as she lifted her fork and did a little eenie meanie mini moe .....routine . Though with all that smoking she forgot the words and the place became a bit dizzy .

So what was a girl to do ...then she remembered the dice ...and decided to roll and let the mighty dice roller pick her choice . And what do you know ...the darn dice was thinking the same as here ...Random Citizen had to of killed that poor girl . It said so right there in the dice . Pity ...but when her stomach growled she ordered the blueberry crepes .

Roll Result: Sasha rolled: 1d10
Comment: alx - 123 ...barn -456 ....random ..789 .....ten roll over .
Result: 9,
Total: 9

Starlequin

After Miss Sasha's rather severe welcome, 'Quin settled down a little more comfortably beside her and the pair engaged in some rather pleasant conversation."Er, well, I guess I'm a bit of a romantic. A hopeless romantic, I suppose. Well, more 'hopeless' than 'romantic', probably, but still. You know." 'Odd,' he thought to himself, 'she certainly doesn't seem to be a homicidal monster. Maybe she's one of those split personality people! Hm, I bet that's it. Fascinating. I owe it to science to investigate!' Starlequin grew more and more at ease as the two spoke companionably, and before long it was time to retire back to their cabins.

'Quin eyed the strange little smoking thingy that the others were passing between them; he attempted once or twice to ask if he might try the thing, but the other passengers' responses were depressingly chilly. 'Le sigh. Guess they still think I'm the killer. Oh, well, maybe they'll like me a little better if I wake up dead in the morning,' he thought. Dejected, his shoulders slumped, 'Quin elected to go to bed a little early and fell asleep after munching on some hard toffee dug out of his duffel.

The sunlight shining through the carriage windows woke him from a rather sound sleep, and for several moments he simply laid in the bed, wondering if this was how it felt to be dead. He'd never been dead before, and was slightly new to it. Then the last haze of sleep faded and 'Quin realized he was still among the living. Probably. 'But, if I'm still alive, and-' he stole a quick look around the carriage- 'and nobody else is dead, either, then...holy hell, it worked! I did it, I really talked down a murderer! Gee, guess I should write a book or something. Or maybe just do a talk show.'

And then the Concierge came over the intercom, and Starlequin's mood crashed like a plane full of widely beloved rock stars.

'Dear gods, another one?! Did I blink yesterday and walk into a Hitchcock story? But wait-Miss Sasha fell asleep before I did, I think, and I'm pretty sure nobody left the carriage last night. That means...*gasp!* There's another murderer on board!'

Starlequin dressed hurriedly and left the carriage on shaky legs, heading for the dining car. As he passed by the other carriages, he heard one of the passengers talking aloud to himself. 'Hmm, there's something off about that guy, there really is. Only crazy people talk to themselves like that.' 'You mean like this?' 'Exactly. No! Not like this, I'm not talking to myself!' 'And yet, we are having a conversation.' 'Yeah, but we're not...I mean...you know...we're doing it quietly, like normal folk!' 'Normal crazy folk, right. Of course.' 'Dammit, I am not crazy!' 'Sure, dude. You keep telling yourself that.' '...I don't like you.' 'Yet you keep me around.'

'Quin grumbled to himself as he found the dining car, keeping his head down so as to draw as little attention to himself as possible from the other passengers. Especially that Barnbean fellow.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Kaizen

Upon waking up Kaizen found himself at the breakfast table in his purple and green polka-dot pajamas and sporting an awesome case of bedhead.  Prone to sleepwalking, Kaizen figured that must have been how he wound up here, at least he wasn't on the roof.  Ke was pleased to find that he had sleep-ordered his breakfast and the food in front of him was still warm.  Halfway through his meal, the concierge's voice announced another murder over the intercom.  The news was no shock him this time.  He mumbled Barnbean's name and returned to his breakfast. 

Sasha

Breakfast was to die for though maybe one should not use that phrase on the E-Train at the moment ..as Sasha picked up her napkin and tapped her mouth with it . She could hear the mutterings about Barnbean and just would not sway in that direction at all . Besides the man was strangely charming with all his insecurities and silly little phrases , how he seen the World was colorful even if he was only using a few crayons out of the box.  But murder , that just could not be possible . Having finished reading her book yesterday the woman had nothing to do really ...so she took her pimp hat off and placed it on Kaizen to help hide that bedhead he had going on .

With a smile she spoke ...." You can't seriously think Barnbean killed that poor woman . I mean he might be a bit odd ..but aren't we all that have joined this delightful place called Elliquiy . Honestly ...because one has a poetic flare and might be a bit off does not make them a murderer. I for one would rather have creative people around that tend to make me laugh than those that remain silent and uncivilized in the corner . Think what you want of me ...for it has all been done before . But something inside me ...just wants to scream when I hear these dreadful whispers about such a ..a ...entertaining friend . "   with that all being said ..not that it would hold any weight she imagined since they all thought her a murderer as well . The nerve . 

The next stop was coming up ....she might as well start drinking ...now what went good after brunch . Let's see ...as she approached the bar . " I shall take a Bloody Mary .... Barnbean ...anyone else care to join me . Might as well enjoy what part of the day we can share with one another. " as she pulled out some money and stuffed it in the tip jar .

"Where is that delightful Aiden with his music ....this place needs a little energy pumping through it that is for sure . A game of charades .....karaoke ....a magician even .....any talents like that amongst us ?"   As Sasha sighed when done addressing everyone , not a very lively crowd it seemed . Taking her mixed drink and sipping it , that most likely did not help her case trying to be positive about this whole murderous situation but now what truly would . Human nature was to point the finger at those they either do not know or were on the surface a little strange . Where as most serial killers fit right in ..so how did one manage to come out unscathed with that thinking .

Marguerite

Marguerite took a puff of her hookah and heard all of the shouting and the arguing. For her, she voted for Barnbean hoping at least to either get rid of a murderer or to save an innocent victim from becoming murdered on this train. She made the sign of the hookah and went back to her room.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Barnbean

Barnbean couldn't shake the feeling that people were staring at him. He couldn't help but feel all eyes were on him. It was... disconcerting at best. Either everyone on the train was worried about his safety. Everyone on the train was a murderer and he was their next target. Or... Well or they thought he was a killer. Great. In one case he was no more than a damsel in distress with a hundred random knights in Elliquiy approved armor (trojan no doubt, ribbed for pleasure), a tempting target who would die within the next day or two, or suspected of being a killer himself.

None of the three were at all reassuring. And there wasn't a thing he could do about any of it. He was half tempted to jump off the moving train. Sure he would break a leg or die. But he was bound to die if he stayed too. And jumping off a train would look great on his resume if he ever applied to be a cowboy or action hero.

Instead he just kept to himself, watched as people passed him by, ignored their odd looks. He knew who the killer, no, killers, had to be. And that was enough for him. He would avoid them, and if he was tossed asunder from the train? Well better to be tossed from a second class mode of transport than tossed aside from life.

Pixilicious

Gradually the train slowed down and before long the passengers were staring out the window at the small train station at the top of the picturesque mountainside of the Ural Mountains.   There was a small cottage a few miles down the slope, and other than that and the train station, there was no other signs of civilization for miles.  As soon as the main door opened, a gust of cool air shot through the carriages, and Pixilicious took a deep breath, savoring the fresh air.

With an apologetic look, she made a small gesture with her hand.  Within seconds, staff had appeared with Barnbean's luggage and the man was escorted off the train arguing of his innocence in the matter.

"I am dreadfully sorry, Mr. Barnbean, but the Elliquiy Express will refund all money spent on this trip.  Please get in contact with our head office.  I am very apologetic, Mr. Barnbean but I do hope you travel with us again." Pixilicious’ tone was kind, yet left no room for protests.

“To everyone else, we will depart shortly for our next destination…”  Pixilicious was about to say something else when one of the security guards motioned to her and took her aside, away from the crowd.  Her expression went from sullen to a brighter one in a matter of seconds as she listened to what was being said.  With a nod a second later, the security left her and she turned back to face the passengers, as the train started to pull away from the station.

"It appears that there have been some new developments…In the murder case of Miss Ariadne,” she murmured.  “Though no other evidence is being revealed at this time, it appears that the fingerprints found in Miss Ariadne’s suite was that of Barnbean's, which leads me to conclude that he was indeed a Murderer…”  She let her words hang in the air as she let settle the feeling of calm that they had gotten one of the murderers.  "Come now, ladies and gentlemen.  Let us put this behind us and enjoy the trip.   In about 18 hours we move out of the vast cold and will be stopping at the Ural Mountains.  I'm sure there will be many opportunities for photo and taking in the scenery there."

The Night Cycle will be beginning soon.  Please send me a PM with your Carriage choices for Night 3

Ryven

Ryven rolled his eyes at the not so surprising news.  "Can't we have a public execution instead?  Leaving him alive, albeit not on this train, wont do much good."  He said, lounging back in a chair with a cup of tea.

HockeyGod

alxnjsh watched as Barnbean...someone he had known for 10 years...was removed from the train. Then was the announcement of Barnbean's guilt. It always seemed to be the quiet ones. alxnjsh looked around. "I told you it wasn't me." He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

Ryven

Quote from: alxnjsh on August 22, 2010, 10:09:19 AM
alxnjsh watched as Barnbean...someone he had known for 10 years...was removed from the train. Then was the announcement of Barnbean's guilt. It always seemed to be the quiet ones. alxnjsh looked around. "I told you it wasn't me." He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Don't be so hasty to declare your own innocence.  I believe it was established that there is more than one murderer on this train."  He said, holding out his hand.  "Care to join me for breakfast?"

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ryven on August 22, 2010, 10:43:10 AM
"Don't be so hasty to declare your own innocence.  I believe it was established that there is more than one murderer on this train."  He said, holding out his hand.  "Care to join me for breakfast?"

alxnjsh looked at Ryven. "Yes, and chess please." He took Ryven's hand as they made their way for chessfast.

Sasha

Sasha ordered another Bloody Mary ...how many of them she had at this point truly just did not matter putting her feet up on the bar stool next to her as she took up the end seat.  Reflection back on the course of events as she had entered the train now with two murders having been carried out . Seeing Barnbean being escorted off the train and then he news that indeed he was a murderer . Was a sadness that crept over her as she sighed ..twirling the celery stalk in the red-orange liquid , adding a dash more of Tabasco and a hit off the pepper shaker.

The two other friends of the departed seemed to be chatting it up ..talking about public executions and the like. Her mind wondering to the guillotine that was used in the Inquisition as paupers and princes alike found their heads being pushed through a wooden holder ...as a blade came whistling down so shiny and chopped the head off as it fell into a basket.  Though she doubted it was a clean swipe ..what if the blade got stuck or ..the head jumped and missed the basket . Quite messy ..anyways she could not understand why they called it the Romance period as what was romantic about getting your head chopped off.

Maybe it was the color of the drink ..as she downed another one . Keeping to herself as she pondered what carriage to go in this night . Having of shared the same carriage as Quin now . Maybe her ability to get along with murderers might save her life on this train . Though being pushed off to the side and those nasty whispers about whether she was off her rocker or not was becoming quite intolerable . Little too drunk now to read her book . What else could she entertain herself with as an idea came to her ...the woman giggled and skipped back to her bag .

Changing her clothes ...into the perfect roaring 20's attire since all these murders had such a gangster like appeal ..why not play along . Besides it been ages since she got out this lovely lace dress , adorning herself with fake pearls . Pity they were not real ...but alias there was no sugar daddy in the Sasha's life . Rolling her eyes .. as she slipped the little headband feather like headpiece on . Making sure the curls all twirled and landed in the right spot . Oh NO , she was not going to let ANYONE ruin her fun on the train . Even if she had to make her own little party up , she would do just that .

Returning to the main carriage ...and made her way to the piano ...wiggling her fingers before making sure that fake little fur was rested in the inside nook of her elbow area.  Now what to play ...Oh yes this is lovely song . As her fingers played the Guns and Roses Song ...Sweet Child of Mine .  Humming and tossing in the words on occasion , since the woman was not the best of singer she would spare the crew that anyways .

Sweet Child O' Mine - Scott D. Davis - solo piano