WoD Hunter Intrest check

Started by BigBadWolf, November 04, 2009, 06:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadWolf

Hi everybody!

A year ago I've made a Hunter: The Reckoning campaign what is stuck before it could really started. So if there intrest here I would love to play here.

What you should know?
Every character starts as normal human. The story is about how they turn into hunters. The story take place in Los Angeles. I need 3 or 4 player and one of them need to be an FBI agent. It will be more about horror and investigation than fight. This would be system based game. If you know the WoD basic rules that's enough. This will be a long campaign so apply only if you could do long term games!

If you intrested write here, and also what kind of character would you like to play. Than we can discuss the rest.
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

Tagan

I played some WoD about 10 years ago... but I think there have been a lot of changes since then.  For instance, I don't know what a Hunter's game IS.  When you ask what kind of character we'd like to be, do you mean Mage, Changling, Werewolf, exc, or is there other kinds of characters involved here?

Anyway... interest posted.

Remini

Sounds interesting, I would like to join for the long term.
The character I have in mind would start out as a reporter always getting into heated situations with her bold curiousity.
Tell me what more details you would like  ^-^

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Tagan on November 22, 2009, 07:10:17 PM
I played some WoD about 10 years ago... but I think there have been a lot of changes since then.  For instance, I don't know what a Hunter's game IS.  When you ask what kind of character we'd like to be, do you mean Mage, Changling, Werewolf, exc, or is there other kinds of characters involved here?

Anyway... interest posted.

No, I mean like police officer, shopkeeper, doctor etc. Every player will be a hunter.
Hunter game is about normal people who somehow starts to see the word of darkness, and they realise the monsters are exists. Also for unknown reasons they gain some supernatural abilities, to help them against the monsters.
Every hunter has some kind of "class" or "clan" right now I don't know the correct name, which is determines the nature of their power.

If you like I could put here a short summary about the hunters, but not likely I can do that in this week. Maybe at the weekend.

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Remini on November 23, 2009, 12:36:57 AM
Sounds interesting, I would like to join for the long term.
The character I have in mind would start out as a reporter always getting into heated situations with her bold curiousity.
Tell me what more details you would like  ^-^

Some sort of background story would be good which is contains some sort of tragedy. Usually all hunter has a terrible event in his life.

Later I'll made a character thread where you can put this background stories, and also put up there a character sheet example, and how much point you can distribute.

Remini

ah okie, I'll have to work on the "tragedy" and the background story. In the game didn't the hunters vary by each having their own creed or something like that? idk

Tagan

Hmm... not sure... Was Telekinesis one of the special powers avaliable?

Remini

honestly I can't remember. But I'm sure it could become one

Tagan

:) Color me a shade of interested then.  I'll work up a nice tragic backstory for you.  A Japanese Exchange student who is dominated and bled by a Vampire, then left for dead... only she doesn't die, and worse, she remembers him.

Remini

^^
Sounds good, in a tragic way.

Hm, I will stick with the reporter, but from a tip she came to a secluded location which held profiting illegal street fights. While she hides behind some dumpsters to secretly video tape them, out of nowhere, 2 werewolves begin attacking all the people there. Frightened, she drops all and escapes......

more for later

BigBadWolf

These are good ideas, but not necessarily must the tragedy contain any supernatural. It could be something like these ones:
- When she was a child, he witnessed his father killed her mother.
- She didn't look at her child every moment, and a car hit the child.
- A local gang attacked her and his lover/husband they killed him and raped her.

You might remember that every supernatural has some code to hide they presence. So you better witness some supernatural without their knowledge.

BigBadWolf

Okay here are the Hunter creeds and a short description. Keep that in mind these are stereotypes, so it can and should bend.

Defense: They want to defend the people from the creatures from the night. They have got protective powers. They preserve what they can in the war against the unknown.

Innocence: They curious about the monsters and they accept them as what are they are. They always seek simple resolution for any supernatural problem.

Judgment: They concern always what serves better the greater good. Depending on the situation they could spare or destroy the creature. They are also questioning the other hunters' motives.

Martyrdom: They are the ones who could sacrifice themself for others, they not afraid to go in danger if they could save someone else.

Redemption: They want to know the monster and if there is a chance they offer it a salvation. Once they have proof the creature is past hope they will destroy it without hesitation.

Vengeance: They thinking a simple way: the dead monster is the good monster.

Visionary: They searching for the ultimate goals of the war, and try to find a purpose for all the hunters. They have some power to see the future but their visions and feelings never clear and easy to misunderstand.

I suggest don't choose the same creed, because various powers may need to stop a monster.

BigBadWolf

So nobody up for some hunter rp? Some horror some mystery?