Is there any way to make code smaller?

Started by Love And Submission, October 28, 2011, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love And Submission

For Example

Name:
Weight

I've noticed some codes come with scroll bars as well but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get one.  I try quoting the post  that have them but still can't figure out how to do so.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

jouzinka

I would think (and this is just my personal assumption) that in the stylesheet CSS the CODE style (or frame or div) has set a certain maximum size. If the text exceeds this size, the scroll bars appear.

Don't really think it's customizable.  :-(
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Caeli

After 15 rows of text, the code box will gain a vertical scrollbar.
A horizontal scrollbar appears whenever your code exceeds the maximum width of the post content area.
It's not something that is customizable, so whether or not you get scrollbars depends on how much content you have.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oniya

If you're just trying not to clutter up your post, you can use the spoiler tags around the outside of the code tag-set, like this:

character sheet template

Name:
Weight

[spoiler=character sheet template]
[code]
stuff
[ / code ]
[/spoiler]

Take out the spaces in the close-code-tag there. It's hard to use the 'code' function to show how to code codes.
[/code]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17