game

Started by Tahiri Anashia, January 29, 2006, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahiri Anashia

I wanna run a small or one on one game D20 modern or freeform.  revolving around an archeological dig in the middle east that finds something they weren't expecting.  :P I don't wanna reveal to much because that would ruin my fun in slowly revealing and forcing the players to have to think and discover on their own :P

Elvi

If you're wanting to do it freeform, I may be interested and I love surprise.......
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Tahiri Anashia

Elvi if you can get 2-3 more people interested I can start :) and i might do freeform :)

Elvi

Oh I see........use and abuse me to get your players and only dangle 'might do freeform' at me?

You players treat me so bad.......*sobs*

Tahiri Anashia

no no :) I will do freeform but i needatleast 1 more player :(

Anathanasia

I'd be interested, but I'm the opposite of Elvi, I like statted games.

I like the uncertainty of dice. The random influence can send things in different directions than any player would have thought of, which I find very neat.

Do it however you like, though, T/A.  :)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Elvi

*laughs*
Works every time!

No give it a chance for players to see.
How many would be your ultimate target?  What about male/female character mix?

I'll see what I can do.

Meanwhile it would be good if you could at least explain the setting and what type of game it will be.
Surprise is nice, but it's no good getting the 'lighter' type of player interested if it's going to be a dark horror heavy bondage type game. (as an example)  

Elvi

Quote from: Anathanasia on January 29, 2006, 10:26:50 AM
I'd be interested, but I'm the opposite of Elvi, I like statted games.

I like the uncertainty of dice. The random influence can send things in different directions than any player would have thought of, which I find very neat.

Do it however you like, though, T/A.  :)

Ah you see Anathanasia,
I like to use gut reaction and act how my character dictates, (which often isn't how they would have at the start of the game), I'm my own D20 and my own random influence.
It's like taking the responcibility for your own actions, not just shrugging and saying the dice made me do it.
I feel a more rounded character that way. 
Sometimes the poor players I play with don't know whats coming from one posting to another.
*grins evily*

Tahiri Anashia

alright, recently a trading caravan came out of a region of the middle east that has a mix of mountainious and desert like conditions.  With them they brought many artifacts that they had suposively purchased from one of their trading contacts in the region.  Who claimed they were unearthed near her home.  The artifacts consisted of tools, cups and the such but had an unknown language engraved on their surface, and some were made of a substance unknown to modern science, a strong, yet flexible compound which seemed to have almost steel like qualities mixed with qualities found among earth clays.  As students you're being sent to see if you can find the origin of these mysterious artifacts and discover what you can about their native civilization.

is that what you were looking for Elvi?

Elvi

Yes perfect....*smiles* and I like the idea.
Only one thing that players would need to know is the level of the 'erotic' game play.
Which category you think it will need to be under will be an easy indication.

Tahiri Anashia

see it'd be up to the players....:) because really the nature of the game wouldn't revovle around sexual encounters nescarily...it could be in any they wanted. 

Elvi

Well, you as GM of the game will ultimately have to decide. Tough one eh?

Tahiri Anashia

well elvi which would you prefer? :P

Elvi

*shrugs*
Not my game Mr Games Master.

Lets see what others have to say about it as well shall we?

Tahiri Anashia

kylie

I'd like the general direction of the game spelled out a little more, but may be interested.  I think the foregoing means a team is actually getting sent back to where these objects came from (?), but that's about all I really gather.  Degree and general themes of power and physical interactions are some things I'd like to hear hints about. 

Typical caveat that I don't regard PPB as a first-person shooter game, which means I post more like once a day or every other and try to be mildly substantial.  If more people want two lines every five minutes, I'll pass.  If someone wants to develop a thread once in a while through real-time chat where screens don't have to be constantly refreshed and then post it, I'll consider it.

Tahiri Anashia

yes, you will be going back to find the original source of the artifacts which will lead to you descending into the depths of the earth, and thats all i'm telling :P cause i don't wanna reveal TO much.

Elvi

If more people want two lines every five minutes, I'll pass

Nobody has said that Kylie and I really do hope that is not a dig?

Tahiri Anashia

you won't be digging, unless you want to..and to get where your going, you'll be exploring caverns more likely then digging down :)  I honestly don't know how physical interactions will be.  likely you'll have one professor and the rest of you being research students. or assistants

Nariel

I'm down....hehe sorry I have only been on every so often and for a short period of time.....

Faolan

If you still need more I could be dragged into it. Special Desert Guide Survivalist or something.

Elvi

OOOOOOO..baby....you can survive with me any day.....
*snogs Faolan*

Faolan

Elvi

Blush?
I made the Faolan blush?
*runs off to tell everyone*

Tahiri Anashia

yay :D i got 4 :D as soon as Lilac puts up the board we can start :D