Fantasy Becomes Reality Interest - (Free, Critical Role inspired. Need 1-3 more)

Started by Vergil1989, July 06, 2016, 01:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Honk

Well, see, by OOC I don't mean myself as a dude playing a dude, but the dude playing the dude. Oh geez. I can see how this can get confusing.

Oh well, I'm gonna give it a think, but your suggestion has swayed me. Sheet hopefully tomorrow!
Hello! I'm Big_Honk. I like complex characters and pretty words. I hope we can get along!
:)))))

Vergil1989

Lol I think I know what you mean.  And I wasn't worried about you exactly Honk, nevermind, I'll shut up while I'm ahead lol.  Anyway, looking forward to your character.  Adios and glad I could help at all Honk!
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

AribethAmkiir

Still interested.  Should have a sheet up soon.  Sorry for the delay Vergil

Vergil1989

You're fine, but I was kinda worried everyone had gone POOF on me lol.  Thanks for letting me know though Aribeth.  ;D

Also, tieflings?  They're awesome.  Tieflings with powerful, demonic magic behind them?  EPIC!  Zahra Hydras, as seen in Critical Role, pretty much assures I'll never piss off a tiefling warlock? EVER lol.  Jokes aside, if someone goes full tiefling badass, I'd love you for life, but that's just more of a personal preference than anything required, so don't worry about that.  ;D  You wouldn't get anything extra, I'd just have a perpetual admiration and probably slight terrified induced arousal going for your gal lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Bibliophilia

I've got a lot of the human character sheet complete.  I'm just working on the D&D portion.  So many options!

Vergil1989

Lol glad to hear it Biblio.  And sorry about my last post edit, was just nerding out after listening/watching most of an episode of Critical Role where Zahra, a tiefling sorceress or warlock or whatever, just butchers, completely butchers, a white frost dragon for her last move through the awesome power of a Hellish Rebuke.  ;D

Vergil1989

The short story?  Tieflings are demonic halfbreeds if I recall correctly.

Tieflings were human-based planetouched, native outsiders that were infused with the touch of the fiendish planes, most often through descent from fiends—demons, devils, evil deities, and others who had bred with humans.[2] Tieflings were known for their cunning and personal allure, which made them excellent deceivers as well as inspiring leaders when prejudices were laid aside.[3]

Although their evil ancestors could be many generations removed, the taint lingered. Unlike half-fiends, tieflings were not predisposed to evil alignments and varied in alignment nearly as widely as full humans, though tieflings were certainly devious.[4] The celestial counterparts of tieflings were called aasimar.

That's right from the Forgotten Realms wiki, so I was half right, sort of lol.  But yeah, they're pretty powerful and while they might not be trusted exactly, they can be quite the force for good and the only thing between defeat and victory.

Lilith, her cousin?, and Zahra, she's the one on the right.

Famine

I am all about this if you have room for one more. This has been a thought I have had ever since I started to RP and I would regret it if I never acted on this.
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Vergil1989

We'll be happy to have you.  If everyone who has posted interest follows through, then we SHOULD have a full group, but at the very least we have six, not counting Co-GMs, so that's still enough for me to be quite happy.  But yeah, I think you'd be the last one or near enough that we could very easily get started, although I AM gonna be out of Wi-Fi range in a few days as I've said a few times before.  So as long as this game isn't forgotten and interest dries up, we'll likely get started properly after I get back from Camp Horizon.  If we get started beforehand though, I'll likely have my assistant(s) just offer the occasional monster fight and just encourage you guys to adapt to your new situations, interpersonal stuff, things like that.  So while the main story might not get going, there'll be plenty of time for you folks to do other stuff.

Lol sorry, rant over.  Tired and writing do not go well together.

Famine

Alright then tonight I shall crank out a character and will post sometime tomorrow morning.
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Gjevv Übryzdā

Still interested myself, however I'm not able to finish up my char sheet for the moment.
One language is never enough.
Ett språk er aldri nok
Eine Sprache ist niemals genug.
Une seule langue n'est jamais suffisante.
Jeden język nigdy nie wystarcza.
Unu lingvo neniam sufiĉas
Väddä awësanëgi jazina trernste.

Bibliophilia

Name:  Emma Jane "EmJay" Larson

Appearance:  EmJay is a short, chubby-cheeked, slightly buck-toothed powerhouse with dark blonde hair and big, wonder-sparkle blue eyes.  She stands about 5'4", and doesn't look like she could physically overpower a feeble ferret if required to do so.  Still, once you meet her, she exudes so much energy and vitality, that one suspects she could easily outlast any opponent and leave them wheezing on the mat while she ran off to climb a mountain or wrestle an alligator.  Her style is...unique, and she seems to draw a lot of inspiration from Japanese street fashions, or that is the most generous assessment of her Mickey Mouse buns, wild mixture of patterns, extreme love of overalls, and odd sock and shoe combinations.  Those less than generous, just ask if she got dressed in the dark, or let a toddler pick out her clothes.  Still, her quirky style and miniscule size hasn't harmed her self-confidence any and she tends to walk into rooms as if she owned the place.

Personality:  EmJay once had a beautiful crop, one she tended lovingly and nurtured with an almost obsessive care.  Then, just before the fruits of her labor were ripe, a storm raged through her fields, and whatever remains were left behind were devoured by a plague of locusts.  EmJay's beloved harvest of fucks was gone.  Now, she dresses how she wants, does what she pleases, never allows anyone's personal opinion get her down, and enjoys spending her days in more healthy pursuits.  She smokes up on occasion, but prefers edibles; loves to go to parties and gay clubs; can tear up a pizza; loves almost anything dipped in chocolate; ignores her parents when they try to point out that making videos on the internet isn't a 'real job'; and loves to show up people who try to act like girls can't game.

Hobbies:  Video games; making and eating edibles; dance; travel; attending conventions; cosplay; board games; DDR; karaoke

Skills:  Mad dance skillz, yo; making bad-ass costumes; making sweet vidjas; queen of the tangent; virtual strategery

Background:  Talia grew up in the city, in a neighborhood that most people would politely call low-rent and impolitely call the ghetto.  Her father owned and ran a corner store and the family lived in a relatively small apartment above it.  She was the baby, and she grew up with two older brothers who were fiercely protective of their little sister.  They were a blended family, as her mother had been married previously to a black man and her brothers were, consequently, mixed race.  Her mother's first husband had been a truck driver who'd died in an accident when one of the tires on his truck blew and it jackknifed.  The boys had been fairly young when they'd lost their father, and so when their mother married a couple of years later, they took to their step-father quickly.

They were all happy and very close.  Talia was a bit of a wild child, especially compared to her brothers, but she never took her behavior too far.  She wasn't rebelling against anything, merely finding herself and developing her own personality, which meant that she felt genuine remorse the few times that her actions ended up hurting someone she loved.  Like, the time she and her friend were busted for underage drinking at a local park and she was hand-delivered to her parents by a couple of local beat cops.  Luckily, they were familiar with her and her family, and they agreed to let her off with a warning.  Still, the disappointment she had brought to her parents was enough to keep her off the booze.  Well, that and she wasn't exactly a fan of the flavor or the physical reaction.  Despite her hang-over, her parents made her go to school the next day, and she realized there were unpleasant consequences to drinking, and not much up side.

She worked hard enough at her grades to get by, especially with a little (or a lot of) help from her brothers.  Her parents were very proud to watch her walk at graduation and accept her degree, and she was looking forward to college and a chance to really figure things out for herself.  That didn't last long, though.  During her first semester away from home, she discovered the wonderful world of THC and Youtube.  She began exploring edibles, her preferred manner of getting high, and making videos in her abundance of free time.  It wasn't long before she'd developed a following and a gift for making her own tasty treats, and began to make her own money from her videos and selling her creations.  She failed her first semester of college, having stopped attending classes for the most part, and decided not to return.  Her parents were upset, but they supported her choice to try and make a go of it on Youtube.  She didn't mention the other way she was supplementing her income.  Over the past year, she has amassed an impressive amount of subscribers on Youtube and Twitch, alternating her gaming videos with 'cooking' videos and vlogs that involved her going to various conventions and gaming venues in cosplay.  Of course, she can't mention the 'special ingredient' in her videos, but those in the know are aware of it and can find the full recipe on her personal website.

Ons: Biblio's O&Os
Offs: Biblio's O&Os

Name: Gabbie Foxglove
Alignment:  Chaotic Good
Race: Gnome

Racial Traits:

Ability Score Racial Traits: Gnomes are physically weak but surprisingly hardy, and their attitude makes them naturally agreeable. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, and –2 Strength.
Type: Gnomes are Humanoid creatures with the gnome subtype.
Size: Gnomes are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
Base Speed: (Slow Speed) Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
Languages: Gnomes begin play speaking Common, Gnome, and Sylvan. Gnomes with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defensive Training: Gnomes gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
Illusion Resistance: Gnomes gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells and effects.
Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Hatred: Gnomes receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes.

Link for ClassMesmerist

Deities worshipped:  Gozreh

Appearance:  Gabbie stands all of 3'1", though if asked she'll claim that she's 3'3 1/2"...at least.  Despite her small size, she tends to stand out due to her toasted almond skin, adorable freckles, huge aquamarine eyes and colorful hair.  Her flare for the dramatic extends to her appearance, leading her to dress in vibrant hues and glitzy fabrics, adorn her face with bold pigments and arrange her multi-colored hair into complex, eye-catching styles.  A thin scar bisects her right eyebrow and extends down her face to the middle of her cheek, suggesting that perhaps her life was not as easy as one might first believe.

Personality:  There are those that Gabbie has met in the past who could resist her charm, but not many and they always ended up being ignored by everyone who fell so easily under the charismatic gnome's spell.  For the most part, Gabbie doesn't use her gifts for ill and she tries very hard not to harm people, but if there's a rich guy who is kind of a douche, and he's willing to give her a goodly portion of his worldly possessions, simply because he finds her fascinating.  Well, who is she to deny him the feeling of joy that such an act of charity would bring him?  Plus, she can hand over the lion's share to those who are in need, only keeping a small portion for herself, as a kind of...finder's fee!  People are always surprisingly willing to give the girl room and board, steep discounts on goods, beautiful gifts of the sparkling variety...ect.  She knows better than to take too much advantage, not wishing to leave anyone worse off for having known her, and often she redistributes what she gets to others who haven't been #blessed like herself.  And, those who give her things get other things in return, like the joy of her bright, energetic personality and her plethora of stories, which she is always happy to re-enact theatrically for her rapt audience.

Hobbies:  Seamstress, acting, storytelling, competitive eating and drinking, animal husbandry (needed it to round out her college application)

Skills:  Advanced Distraction Techniques, Winning Friends and Influencing People, Larceny and Lockpicking

Background:  Gabbie was born to good, hard-working gnomes.  Her mother was a fortune teller and her father was an expert juggler, and both of them traveled with a carnival that was run by a very shady dwarf named Irongut.  When Gabbie was born, she was almost immediately incorporated into the act, and became the grande finale of her father's show.  Luckily, he was very good at what he did, and she never once found herself landing on the floor...he was always able to catch her at the last second.  As she grew older, and too big to be juggled, she started learning from her mother, with plans to one day take over for her in the carnival.  While Gabbie was very gifted when it came to telling stories, her mother was dismayed by the ease with which her daughter wove lies out of wholecloth for the customers.  The girl couldn't see anything in their palms, cards or crystals, but she decided that her tales were probably far more interesting than whatever really lay in the future of the potato farming Halflings, or apothecary shop clerks.  Peh.

Her mother didn't agree, though, and so they searched for something else that little Gabbie could do in the carnival to keep out of trouble.  Eventually, they came across the magician, an elderly human man who had once been a grand adventurer, or so he claimed, before giving it up to work in the carnival.  Well, he hadn't planned to work in the carnival, but Irongut had 'convinced' him to do so, since the old man owed the dwarf a considerable amount of gold.  Jax, the Mesmerist, agreed to take Gabbie on as an assistant and, over time, his apprentice.  It was from him that she learned how to captivate a crowd, appeal to the hearts and minds of almost anyone, and create dazzling illusions that could fool even the most discerning skeptic.  He also taught her to wield a sword, advising that no illusionist should ever find themselves utterly helpless because they failed to learn how to defend themselves in the, admittedly, mundane manner.

Eventually, Gabbie's parents were able to retire from the carnival, and not long after Jax passed away from pure old age.  Gabbie had nothing holding her to the carnival, and her heart longed for adventure and derring-do.  She saw her parents to their new home, where they could settle down in relative peace, and then left to find her own way in the world with excitement in her chest and a small purse of gold hidden between her breasts.  For the next couple of years, there wasn't much in the way of real excitement or adventure, but there was a lot of travel, a lot of new friends, gold won over emptied pints of ale or devoured meat pies, stories collected and retold over and over, and lovers had and lost.  Gabbie loved her life, and still does, though she's always open for change and a jolt of something different.

OnsBiblio's O&Os
Offs:Biblio's O&Os

Vergil1989

EmJay alone is awesome Biblio, but your Mesmerist gnome?  Holy crap!  From what I've seen, she's a frightening mix of bardic ability, psionist, and a cleric with her utterly insane mind tricks.  I love what you have already.  Need to finish the rest of course, but as a start, you're doing awesome.

And Gjevv, you're fine, there's no rush my friend.

Bibliophilia

Thanks, Vergil!  I just wanted to post it here, so people have an idea of what's already being done.  I'll finish her up a bit at a time.

Vergil1989

Normally when you throw someone a dirty look, their brains aren't melted out of their ears lol.  That's the first thing I thought of when I started looking through your class info.  So we have a girl, who has a knack for baking questionable brownies and other sweets, playing a gnome that can fuck with people's minds with a simple glance.  I predict much hilarity and epicness in your future lol.

Vergil1989

Before I forget, again, everyone here can suggest stuff for the world at large, so long as it obviously follows what has so far been established.  The big things right now are that while the Empire might be gone along with the age of heroes, leaving behind an understandable dislike for adventurers and so called heroes to this day, a lot of their ideals remain.  With a few exceptions, most races and sexualities, preferences, and ideologies are generally accepted.  Evil deities, certain dark magics, and demons in general are obviously hated for good reason, but for the most part, orcs, tieflings, even some surface dwelling drow aren't looked upon in disfavor, just to give you folks kind of an idea of what to expect even though the world building thread is still pretty much in its infancy.

There aren't, or at least I hadn't planned on it, a lot of the world that hasn't been discovered already.  There are few blank edges on any well made, written out map, and the main continent where most of this will take place, unless by some miracle we expand across the ocean lol, is pretty settled by people.  Small towns, cities, or at the least castles, both inhabited and left to ruin, can be found with relative ease.  So beyond the few places I've listed and stuff already, feel free to include more in your histories and just ideas in general is what I'm trying to say lol.

Chulanowa

Gonna be a bit longer than promised; I got caught up in making dinner, watching movies, that I sorta spaced on this...  :-[

Famine

Name: Freja Sandvick

Appearance: Freja is a tall girl from the mountains of Norway where she stands 5'11”. Being a mountain climber keeps her lean and very fit at a 165lbs. Some have described her as both being a viking in appearance while she works out, to just a relaxed girl who enjoys to drink tea on a cold winter night. Her favorite fashion items include a tank top and jeans in the summer time where she doesn't have to pile on an extra forty pounds of clothing just to keep warm, so when given the chance she goes for the lightest clothing possible.

Personality: While she was in Norway Freja was full of confidence and acted like it. She was quick on her feet and loved to be active. However, upon moving to America as a foreign exchange student she found herself in an unfamiliar environment and this turned her into a walking wreck. She finds herself very shy around people she does not know very well due to most of them being put off by her very thick accent, but once someone gets to know her more she comes out of her cocoon in full force and goes back to being the super energetic girl from Norway. Ironically, despite being a very athletic person she does enjoy the occasional pack of smokes due to her brother smoking all the time around her although she does not call herself addicted just quite yet. She is very defensive of her friends and is not opposed to getting violent if someone she loves in is danger of getting hurt.

Hobbies: Chess; working out; snow boarding; rolling her own cigs; reading; lazy sundays with friends

Skills: Mountain climbing; knife throwing; martial arts; hair braiding

Background: Freja was born in a small town in Norway called Lillehammer. Here she grew up on a family estate where most of her extended lived as well, and due to this she had a very close bond with all of her family. Her father was a software engineer and her mother was a fitness instructor that constantly pushed Freja to work out and not be one of the girls who couldn't stand up for herself. Her parents were always supportive of her trying to pick up a new hobby when she was very young, and due to this she had entirely too many by the time she hit her teen years.

In her early teen years she decided that she needed to narrow down her hobbies so that she could start to get more proficient at the ones she did have. Being in a very mountainous region it only made sense that she would become an excellent rock climber. She only had one close call when she slipped and nearly broke the anchor in the rock. That was the adrenaline surge of a lifetime that she hoped she would never experience again. Along with Mountain Climbing she also excelled at martial arts taught to her by her cousin who went into the Norwegian military. Her brother was also a massive nerd and taught her how to throw knives to impress her friends, and it didn't help that her mother called Freja her viking princess.

Everything in her life was going very well until her parents decided that she should go visit america as a foreign exchange student. Living in a small village they figured she needed to get out and see the world instead of just disappearing to the moutains for entertainment. So, without much of a choice she was enrolled in the program and found a home almost immediately. Packing her bags she moved across the world expecting it to be just like home. Upon arriving it was the biggest culture shock of her life. The family that she was staying with had the worst time trying to figure out what she was saying due to the fact she would speak in Norwegian forgetting that they only spoke English. Even when she spoke english it was with such a thick accent that some people continously asked her to repeat herself which was a highly embarrassing incident every time.

In light of all that though, she did eventually find a friend. It was one day in school that she met a girl named Emma, or EmJay as she liked to be called. Emjay practically snatched Freja away the first time they spoke and poured every american past time over her like it was a glorious shower. It was a great experience as she got to experience video games for the first time which were a foreign concept as she had never played any before. All in all her relationship with EmJay was a nice enough experience that when her parents asked if Freja would like to move to the states that she agreed.

Ons: Willing almost anything that isn't in the Offs.
Offs: Scat and other bodily fluids, vore, bestiality and/or animal play.
Name: Alfhild Lothbrok

Alignment:  Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human

Racial Traits:
Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Human base land speed is 30 feet.
1 extra feat at 1st level.
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

Link for Class: Berserker

Deities worshipped: None

Appearance: Alfhild wears the fur and mail armors of the northern tribes to protect her in battle. She has long brown hair that she keeps braided so as not to interfere in battle, and has a distinct tattoo on the right side of her face marking her as a warrior in her culture. She stands 6' in stature and has been known to tear the limbs off of her enemies.

Personality: Alfhild had to keep up with the men in the north to prove to them that she was just as much of a warrior as them. This makes her brash, a bit rude, and just as fierce as her counterparts in battle. She also knows how to party and hold her drink making her a delightful companion to enjoy the merriment with, together.

Hobbies: Hunting; drinking; singing; raiding
Skills: Sailing; advanced interrogation techniques; cold weather survival

Background: Alfhild was the daughter of a famous warrior who would go out into the woods to fight bears without a weapon. He was renowned for his strength, but also his compassion. When it came time for the children to become adults and begin their careers she already knew that she wanted to be with the warriors. The only obstacle though was that they wouldn't allow her unless she won a duel with another warrior her own age, so they put her up against the biggest thirteen year old that was going to become a warrior.

The fight for her to become a warrior was a fierce one as she wasn't actually expecting him to hit her that hard, but he did, and it was not a pretty sight. The first punch that he sent broke her nose and sent her to the floor. Her father was going to call the fight had she not gotten back up. It was only by slamming her foot into her opponents knee was she able to drop him to the ground and slam her own knee into his face repeatedly. That fight was the fight that earned her the nickname “Troll of the North”.

Growing up after that she was seen as a warrior and became the first woman to have the warriors marking tattoo'd onto her face, and after reaching the age of twenty two she decided that she was going to adventure out and make a name for her family in the world. It was not long after she left her home that she was set upon by a group of bandits that wished to take her fur cloak. Feeling that was the perfect time to test herself against the commoners she took them on. A bard watched from a distance as she woman used a massive axe to cleave one of the men in half. This had not deterred the other three bandits however as one managed to get behind her. The bard had to close his eyes and just heard blood curdling screams from two men and when he opened his eyes there was but one man left who had dropped his weapon and was backing away. Alfhild was having none of that though, and the bard had watched as the giant woman slammed her foot into the mans back. It was said that the man could never walk again after that, and that he was spared his life so that he could spread her name across the land. It was of typical northern fashion that she was more concerned about her namesake than the life of that man.

Through the coming months she had stumbled into a town and met a tiny woman who had a fierce gaze. She grew a strong liking to her and began to follow her as she figured that this little woman, who was called a gnome apparently, would bring her fame like no one else could. The gods told her that her destiny was to be wrought with battle, and she would enjoy the blood bath immensely and even looked forward to it.

Ons: See above
Offs:

Vergil1989

Well Famine, I'd say you're pretty good on your character sheet.  Welcome aboard my friend.  My only minor complaint is that you could have been just a little more extensive on Alfhild's history, but on the other hand she is your average barbarian berserker, so she probably doesn't have much to her name just yet.  That said, did she meet EmJay's gnome before now, have they traveled together at all?  It wouldn't be for long I realize, but just thought I'd ask, see what you two might have come up with together.  Another thing to consider, it sounds like Alfhild came from the mountains around Coldgate, Winterview to be precise, or were you thinking of another mountainous region?  Anyway, she's good, just wanted to ask and stuff.

Famine

I can definitely give her a more extensive background if you would like! And EmJay and I can talk a bit more on how they would meet and what not.

Vergil1989

Thank you kindly!  Freja alone was pretty awesome, so don't worry about her so much, but just a little more fleshed out, a little more detail from Alfhild and you'll be good.  Also, where'd she xcome from?  Winterview Mountains or another mountainous area?  No surprise given your girl's history, which was pretty badass by the way lol.

Landshark

Duuuuuude! This is what i miss when i dont go to the boards more often. Totally up for this.

Totally up for this. So many ideas ugh tooo many ideas!

Landshark

Gonna drop this here. Get the second half done up tomorrow. Is bedtime

Name:Mathew Newman
Appearance: Ht:5’9, weight: 190, Light brown hair worn shaggy straight, A bit portly with a round face and dark eyes. Tends to slouch, wears business casual most of the time. Never fully smiles just upturns one side of his mouth. 
Personality:Mathew is quiet and shy by nature. He tends to go with the flow and agree with anyone that’s taking charge or seems popular. He is however a great friend willing to do anything for you even at his own misfortune. A firm believer in the idea that some people are just meant to cruise through life while other suffer. He has accepted that he is one of the later and as such does what he can to keep the cruisers cruising.
Hobbies:Mathew is a home body through and through. Even though he his new to table top games he showed skill at painting the minis which landing him the job of painting any new minis his friends came across. It relaxed him and allowed him to get into a kind of Zen like trance. His love from childhood has been history however. Show him a book about the Flying Tigers of WWII or a biography about Alexander the great and he is all over it. Finding indulging in the great deeds of others to be reassuring to his hum drum life. On the weekends is when he turns on his beast however. Hours of constant run and gun on any first person shooter he can get his hands on. The power of being able to smack down all those bullies and assholes that he has to deal with constantly is the only release he gets from his terrible existence.
Skills: Mathew is a manager of a shoe store buy day and as such deals with the rudest people imaginable. His ability to pacify and placate others is almost mind boggling. He is also overly observant to the point others see him as anal retentive, taking it so far as to remember where others have put their things so as to simplify their lives when near him. Probably not surprising, or maybe it is, is that Mathew was an Eagle Scout when he was a boy. His parents thought it important for their shy son to meet others and interact. Unfortunately Mathew stayed in his shell but absorbed the knowledge like a sponge, learning knots, semaphore, fire starting and navigation just to mention a few.
Background:  Mathew is a pitiable soul. Having always been shy it was hard for him to meet people and fit in. Despite his parents efforts he just couldn’t break out of his shell. Throughout school he was the silent nerdy kid in the corner. His parents constant moving didn't help either. Living no more than a few years in any one place made making friends hard and keeping them near impossible. Most of Mathews friends tended to be younger than he as for some reason they tended to think he was cooler just for being a few years older. When he got to high school he actually met a girl who didn’t seem to care about any of that and they quickly became inseparable. He got a job at a local shoe store and was promoted to manager just a year later. Things were going great and a year after high school the two moved in together. Mathew loved his girlfriend Sarah and wanted only to make her happy. He worked night and day to pay for them to have an apartment together and put her through college. The plan was that once she was finished they would get married. Unfortunately life doesn’t work that way and as Sarah’s graduation date drew close she began to go out more and more with her friends while Mathew was at work.

Then it happened, Mathew came home one day and she was gone. A simple letter saying they had grown apart and she met someone new, sat on a pile of mail including Sarah’s final quarter of college bill. Destroyed Mathew withdrew once more deeper than his friends could possibly imagine. After months of pestering, and outright lying, his friends convinced him to go out with them. What he found instead was a group of gamers setting around a table talking about RPG’s and what the hell a bardiche was? Looking around he didn't see any of his friends present but the DM apparently was in the know and struck up conversation with him. Normally Mathew would have sat quietly and waited for everyone to make a character then found the most useful class he could to help out. His friends and, by extension, the DM had other ideas however. Telling him that the purpose of the game was to be that person you never got to be in real life, Mathew sat down and looked through the books available.

Mathew wasn't what you would call athletic nor agile, he also didn't stand out or draw attention. He settled on the elf. A simple enough race with fairly consistent abilities across most fantasy genres but what class to take? He had always enjoyed the stories of the Three Musketeers, so he went with a swashbuckler. A roguish dandy who made women swoon was about as opposite as Mathew could get from his everyday self. The problem would be actually acting as such a person in front of strangers. Looking around he spotted several of the girls who were going to be playing and instant felt uncomfortable. Sure they were gamers but they were also pretty. Just the kind of girls he had problems with speaking to, well any girls he had trouble with but pretty ones were even harder.
Ons: female contact, preferably intentional
Offs:ridicule and girls named Sarah

Name:Fenlythe (Fen) Raindancer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race:Elf (high)
Racial Traits:
Darkvision. Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet o f you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it w ere dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades o f gray.

Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years o f practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours o f sleep.

Elf Weapon Training. You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.

Cantrip. You know one cantrip of  your choice from the wizard spell list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it.
                    Prestidigitation
Transmutation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Up to 1 hour
This spell is a minor magical trick that novice spellcasters use for practice. You create one of the following magical effects within range:
• You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor.
• You instantaneously light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
• You instantaneously clean or soil an object no larger than 1 cubic foot.
• You chill, warm, or flavor up to 1 cubic foot of nonliving material for 1 hour.
• You make a color, a small mark, or a symbol appear on an object or a surface for 1 hour.
• You create a non-magical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.
If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to
three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time.

Link for Class: Blade Bard Pg.21-24    
Deities worshipped: Aerdrie Faenya (goddess of air, weather, avian, rain and fertility), Deep Sashelas (God of oceans, sea elves, creation and knowledge)   
Appearance: Standing roughly 5’9 Fen tends to be on the tall side for an elf. His long chestnut hair is kept back in a ponytail which exposes his ears and sharp angled face. Usually keeping a jaunty smile on he tends to move his fingers when bored as if listening to music no one else can hear. His manner of dress tends toward the flamboyant and form fitting to show of his wiry tone body. He prefers gold and green colors and larger than normal shoulder pads for his seal skin leather armor. The wide shoulders helps to make him look a bit more stalwart, he thinks. An ornately crafted rapier at his left side and broad parrying dagger on his right, along with a wide brimmed hat rounds out his usual attire. When combat seems imminent he will retrieve his light crossbow to get off a few shots before close combat is engaged.
Personality:Fen is a rogue through and through. He loves to chat people up about his exploits, be they combat, sexual or completely false. A good natured, fun loving man who relishes a good contest of wits or swordplay. Rarely does he take a life preferring to add insult to injury instead, leaving his opponents mocked over dead. He also enjoys folks who can take as good as they give and should he loose an honest contest he will accept defeat graciously and buy the champion a drink with no hard feelings. A defender of women and innocents he detest brutish bullies which makes him an outsider in many regions.
Hobbies: Storytelling/story listening: Fen loves a good story especially his own. It is a common for him to care more about how good the bard in the pub is rather than the drink of the pub. When on ship or simply relaxing he tends to whittle. It doesn’t much matter what or for how long as he rarely finished a project before putting it down and moving on. Still he appreciates a fine woodworker when he sees one and has been known to turn out a decent gull from time to time. Dance: If you believed him, you would think Fen had danced all over the world. In truth he just likes to dance. Be it bawdy boot stomping jigs or elegant intricate high society ballroom style, it doesn’t matter to him. He tends to remark that life is a dance, and combat, and sex, and…well he pretty much refers to everything as a dance.
Skills: Navigation: More accustomed to the sextant than the rigging, Fen is an budding navigator. Perception: All elves are naturally attentive. Fen just takes it a bit further, making him hard to get a jump on and allowing him to spot danger early. Sure Footed: Fen can dance on a wobbly table, run across a wet roof and climb a wall as good as any swashbuckler type in the movies. 
Background
Fen was born on the Frostcap Isles, the third son of a shipwright. His oldest brother followed in the family business. The next went into the magical arts which meant Fen had a lot to live up too. Unfortunately for his parents he didn’t see it that way. The way he saw things, the family was set and secure so he could go off and follow his heart. Growing up he was always running off and neglecting his studies, preferring instead to hang out behind the port taverns and listen to the tales of the sailors, wrestle with his friends and having roof top races. Its was easy to see where his choices would take him, so when he signed onto a ship as a cabin boy at the tender age of 85, no one was really surprised. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised. 

He instantly fell in love with the sea feeling freer than he could have possibly imagined. Making port was a great deal of fun as well since most were full of women who didn’t see him as a child but an elven man. Even the danger of ship to ship combat wasn’t enough to deter him, much to the chagrin of his captain at the time. The captain, being a friend of Fen’s father, added him to a grappling team in hopes that being so close to danger would send him scurrying home with his tail between his legs. Unfortunately Fen did the opposite. After casting his grapple he drew the spare blade of the man next to him and charged with the boarding crew. From there he went on to move around a few ships, leaving each time in search of the next great adventure promised. Each time he moved he would push the boundaries of “safe conduct” but each time he also made an impression on his crew mates, often being voted as Bozeman for the ship. What made him so popular was that Fen didn’t care what his job was on ship. He had been everything from cabin boy to look out even a cook once but everyone decided that was a bad idea after he presented his sea gull surprise. 

Having been at sea for the better part of four decades, Fen has traveled a great deal of the known world, and a few not known places. If there is a ship headed someplace new you can bet your last copper that Fen will be in line to be on that ship. As such Fen has seen a great deal, his stories would say more but he is no stranger to the wild and unusual. Having suffered everything from hurricanes to harpies and sirens, though never really fought any, he knows when to turn around and when to barrel through a situation. Unfortunately he prefers to barrel through if he can.
Ons: passionate, unpredictable women. Screamers, biters, scratchers. Free spirited and maybe a little bit of exhibitionism. 
Offs:stalkers, demanded dedication, potty play, extra guy (unless a full blown orgy) home bodies.

AribethAmkiir

So, asked this a few pages back, but my concept has to do with a "newb" going to her first TT game because a friend is going and she's interested.  So the friend helps her make her character sheet, gives her some advice on Character creation such as:

"Pick a small character for the bonus."

"But I want to be pretty. Can't I be an elf?"

"No, elf's racials suck.  Be a halfling"

"But, wouldn't I be a midget?" 

"Exactly." 

"Okay, whatever."

While I know the game is meant to be serious, I think playing a clueless character would be fun.

So, anyone interested in helping me out?  Just need to be able to tie my girl to your character before the game starts.