Realm Walkers (Freeform Modern Fantasy) [Recruiting]

Started by Totoro, December 01, 2018, 06:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Yup. Need to take some time to go through this all, but it seems really cool.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Totoro

Thanks both. Going to try and make sure the character sheet sensibly links to the right kind of places so it's not too hard to figure out. We'll see how that ends up.

Thera Regina

This sounds very interesting. Would like to sign myself up as a soldier.

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Totoro

I'm debating creating a kind of 'application sheet' for people to fill out with their concept and a few questions to try and get a suitable group.

Would people prefer that or prefer to just create a CS and see how it goes? The application sheet will save work for anyone who's concept doesn't line up, but create more for those who do get in. But it should be a really small sheet with a handful of questions at most.

Sain

Application sheet might be smart. It's always a good idea to confirm that the larger concepts align before diving into the details.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Kadigan

I think really it should be name, face claim, power set, and a lil' bio. That' sjust me though.

Totoro

I'll probably ask for average/expected post rates too.

Not so much for my sake but so that we don't end up with almost everyone at 3 days then someone at two weeks. For example. For both sides that's not going to work out. Particularly in a game that's intended to be relatively small and focused.

Thera Regina

Quote from: Sain on December 20, 2018, 04:05:09 PM
Application sheet might be smart. It's always a good idea to confirm that the larger concepts align before diving into the details.

I second this.

Totoro

First post has been updated with an application sheet. Please fill it out and PM it to me if you're interested. Note the game' still not starting until the New Year.

I'll be finishing up the remaining worldbuilding asap but will be busy over the holidays.

If there's magic you want that's not listed now's the time to suggest it.

Feel free to discuss the concepts of the kind of character you want to play here.

Update: Just so people know I'm going to be away from the 22nd - 29th. That actually makes for quite a nice time period to get applications in though, so I'll be leaving that open through until the New Year. If you're interested in joining I'd like an application in before the first few days of January if possible. If you want to send one in last minute just let me know you're interested and that you'll apply around then.

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on December 25, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
You are on my "Good GMs" list, so I am staking my interest!

Ooh. Thank you for the compliment!

Glad to have the interest. There's an application form but no huge rush to fill it out as I'm waiting until the first few days of the new year.

Anyone who's not sure about anything in the form or has any questions feel free to PM me.

JessLowell12

I am definitely interested. I'll be filling out the application soon. :D

Totoro

Quote from: JessLowell12 on December 28, 2018, 03:22:29 PM
I am definitely interested. I'll be filling out the application soon. :D

Glad to hear it and look forward to seeing it.

RegretNot

Interested, is it one kind of magic that a realm walker knows or do they concentrate and have more common ones they learn?  I know there are artifacts and other equipment mentioned to help them but wanted to know before I did the application. 

Totoro

Hi all,

I believed I would be freed up when I returned from my holiday. Unfortunately I'm going through some extremely serious family issues right now which are almost definitely going to effect my writing quite heavily.

I still absolutely intend to run this game and setting at some point. Sorry to those who've put in the time to fill out applications and chat with me, but I'm going to have to place this on hold for now as GM'ing is a bit much commitment right now with this uncertainty. It'll definitely happen when things are more stable.

HockeyGod

Sorry to hear about the family issues, they happen.

If Sun is GMing, I'm putting my interest out there when things get rebooted. I'd be interested in a medical/physician type character.

Totoro

Quote from: HockeyGod on December 31, 2018, 04:41:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the family issues, they happen.

If Sun is GMing, I'm putting my interest out there when things get rebooted. I'd be interested in a medical/physician type character.

Honestly everything could be fine as soon as a couple of weeks, or my life could be pretty upside down. So depending on how it pans out I'll see how it works out. But I'll find a time to get around to it when things are more stable whenever that is. Thanks to everyone who's wished me well on this.

Glad to have your interest.

Totoro

Right. I think things are going to pull together for me. Still really want to take a shot at running this.

I have only one application in so far but plenty of interest stated. If you're interested in getting involved in this game please PM me with an application.

This time the game's definitely going to go ahead and get put together, and I'll be working on finalising the world building if I start to get applications in.

Amarlo

I am still very much interested. At the time I expressed my interest not many had. Now that more have I will get to working on a profile. My apologies, I think the holidays threw a lot of us off kilter. xD

I was also hoping to see an example of an accepted character sheet. -Flutters lashes.-  That aside, I'm not entirely sure if I missed it or not, but what year is it on earth ic? Does everyone recruited have to come from earth? Is it possible some have been recruited from other realms they've ventured?

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Totoro

Quote from: Amarlo on January 07, 2019, 02:06:55 AM
I am still very much interested. At the time I expressed my interest not many had. Now that more have I will get to working on a profile. My apologies, I think the holidays threw a lot of us off kilter. xD

I was also hoping to see an example of an accepted character sheet. -Flutters lashes.-  That aside, I'm not entirely sure if I missed it or not, but what year is it on earth ic? Does everyone recruited have to come from earth? Is it possible some have been recruited from other realms they've ventured?

Modern day so we'll likely begin early 2019, which would mean they were recruited mid-late 2018.

Everyone's a human from earth at the moment.

I'll try to put together a sample CS at some point.

Thera Regina

Remiel

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 06, 2019, 09:06:54 PM
Right. I think things are going to pull together for me. Still really want to take a shot at running this.

I have only one application in so far but plenty of interest stated. If you're interested in getting involved in this game please PM me with an application.

This time the game's definitely going to go ahead and get put together, and I'll be working on finalising the world building if I start to get applications in.

Glad to hear that things are going better for you!

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on January 07, 2019, 09:08:47 AM
Glad to hear that things are going better for you!

It's more forcing myself to continue on while everything's garbage, but still.

Remiel

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 07, 2019, 09:11:31 AM
It's more forcing myself to continue on while everything's garbage, but still.

Ugh.  Well,  I admire your fortitude, sir.

Amarlo

Good to know, thanks! I'll keep all that in mind. ;D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies