Pathfinder Adventures in the Emerald Spire [Players Wanted]

Started by PhantomPistoleer, June 15, 2018, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waldham

Providence Amblecouronne
Race :  Human
Level : Gestalt Wasteland Blightbreaker Chirurgeon Promethean Alchemist/Lore Warden Martial Master Fighter 1 – 13 HP – AC 17 – Character Sheet
Seeker of the Knowledge. Artist. The better camp is the mine.

Florence

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 17, 2018, 04:55:37 AM
One more question, regarding this line;
Is there any particular aversion to smaller races (Dwarves / Gnomes / halflings) or will any sexy female of those varieties be an option? I'm honestly tapped out on Elves and Freefeats as far as E goes and I have so many lovely short stacks. Or perhaps one of the four elementalkin races? Just trying to find the lines, I see you're sticking with RP 10 or below races, and I'm going to make a guess that the animal-type races aren't and option (and sadly, Pathfidner and "sexy goblin" just don't mesh... though I have plenty sexy goblins if that's an allowable exception...  :D )

Well, for what my non-GM input is worth, I LOVE me some shortstacks!

Dwarves are one of my favorite fantasy races, and dwarf women can be super cute! Halflings too! I don't really think of gnome ladies too much, but I guess they could probably be pretty cute too!

I also dig goblin ladies, but yeah, I'd have to concur that Pathfinder's goblins are many things: adorable, psychotic, maniacal little bastards; but generally not "sexy".

Quote from: Waldham on June 17, 2018, 05:03:17 AM
Providence Amblecouronne
Level : Gestalt Wasteland Blightbreaker Chirurgeon Promethean Alchemist/Lore Warden Martial Master Fighter 1 – 13 / 15 HP – AC ?? – Character Sheet (coming soon)
Knowledge Seeker. Artisan. The better camp is the mine.

Holy hell! That is one fine looking lady! Is she actually going to be a blacksmith? Cause I'm sure my gunslinging cleric could always use another pair of hands with her metalwork. Which is totally not an excuse for her to check out those muscles. O:)
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Roleplay Frog

QuoteI also dig goblin ladies, but yeah, I'd have to concur that Pathfinder's goblins are many things: adorable, psychotic, maniacal little bastards; but generally not "sexy".

It's ok little gobbo.. just roll with it.. words can't hurt me... Just smile and they'll believe you're happy on the inside too..

Petrus02

Paan Faranal
13/13 HP AC 21
Honorable to a fault.Haughty defender of the Weak. Collector of many weapons.
Paan Faranal
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1617227

Done.
I won't search for an image, but the Horse is a pure white horse^^
Ofc. only to make the splatters of blood stand out more >:)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 17, 2018, 04:55:37 AM
One more question, regarding this line;
Is there any particular aversion to smaller races (Dwarves / Gnomes / halflings) or will any sexy female of those varieties be an option? I'm honestly tapped out on Elves and Freefeats as far as E goes and I have so many lovely short stacks. Or perhaps one of the four elementalkin races? Just trying to find the lines, I see you're sticking with RP 10 or below races, and I'm going to make a guess that the animal-type races aren't and option (and sadly, Pathfidner and "sexy goblin" just don't mesh... though I have plenty sexy goblins if that's an allowable exception...  :D )

The former.

No.

Definitely no.

(on my phone)

Edit:  I am immune to the charms of the small races!  I am not immune to the charm of long-legged, medium-torso’d maidens, as long as they are defanged!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Waldham on June 17, 2018, 05:03:17 AM
Providence Amblecouronne
Level : Gestalt Wasteland Blightbreaker Chirurgeon Promethean Alchemist/Lore Warden Martial Master Fighter 1 – 13 / 15 HP – AC ?? – Character Sheet (coming soon)
Knowledge Seeker. Artisan. The better camp is the mine.

When you work on your sheet, please clearly denote what archetype your abilities are coming from.  I have mixed feelings about a character with five archetypes, but will admit her if the sheet is comprehensible.

However, the character art is not to the game’s satisfaction.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

GM bribes

All players who post in the IC thread by Monday will receive 50 gp.

If we get to the ruins by next Monday, all participating players will get *drum roll* an extra trait.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Envious

Acceptable art?

Envious

Quote from: Florence on June 16, 2018, 07:12:50 PM
Thankfully, all the stuff you need for Pathfinder is out there for free. Although, this does use gestalt rules which you can find here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm

For everything else, the go to source is: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

I'm not the GM so I can't really offer any guidance with the rules and all, but I'd be happy to help if you need any questions about the system answered.

Also, thank you for this.

Chulanowa

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 17, 2018, 07:24:49 AM
The former.

No.

Definitely no.

(on my phone)

Edit:  I am immune to the charms of the small races!  I am not immune to the charm of long-legged, medium-torso’d maidens, as long as they are defanged!

Okay so. That's a "no" on Ifrit, Oreads, Sylphs and Undines. Aasimar and Tieflings are too powerful. Half-Orcs and Skinwalkers have teeth. Everything else is short or furry or outside the power range.

Human or elf it is, I guess  ::) S'okay, I got plenty of those too, I guess, if I have to

PhantomPistoleer

Chula:  Undines and sylphs are pretty hot.

Envious:  It is borderline, but acceptable.

Sorry everyone about my very subjective tastes in art.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

indarkestknight

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 17, 2018, 07:24:49 AMI am immune to the charms of the small races!  I am not immune to the charm of long-legged, medium-torso’d maidens, as long as they are defanged!

Once upon a time, I, too, felt that way. Alfie opened my eyes. (Link super NSFW.)

Quote from: Envious on June 16, 2018, 06:44:34 PM
And how patient are you willing to be as I muddle through it?  :P

Pathfinder is a game with a lot of moving parts and a lot of rules. There's a reason one of my groups used to jokingly refer to it as "Mathfinder". That said, in my experience, players are generally very encouraging and welcoming of new blood and happy to help and answer any questions. Or at least, I feel that way.

Waldham

Thanks.

QuoteWhen you work on your sheet, please clearly denote what archetype your abilities are coming from.  I have mixed feelings about a character with five archetypes, but will admit her if the sheet is comprehensible.

However, the character art is not to the game’s satisfaction.

Ok for the archetypes.

For the art, it's not an anime or manga, or quaint.
I understand that the picture is not an alchemist, what is the problem ? The clothes ?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Waldham on June 17, 2018, 02:55:35 PM

Thanks.

Ok for the archetypes.

For the art, it's not an anime or manga, or quaint.
I understand that the picture is not an alchemist, what is the problem ? The clothes ?

It falls under my definition of quaint, because it is somewhat amateurish.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Florence

I mean... I'm not sure how it would be considered amateurish.

I mean, your taste is your taste, but I honestly can't see what's amateurish about their art choice.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Waldham

QuoteIt falls under my definition of quaint, because it is somewhat amateurish.

Ok, I put another picture (Look above). Perhaps, I will success to modify the picture.

Do you access to my character sheet ? Because I put a private access. I put PhantomPistoleer as user.

PhantomPistoleer

First, the new picture is lovely.  Thank you, Waldham.

Second, I haven't the opportunity to check.  But I would prefer for sheets to be public.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Waldham

QuoteSecond, I haven't the opportunity to check.  But I would prefer for sheets to be public.

Ok, the sheet is public (Equipment not finished, Homunculus companion).

I search the price for the paint and the sculpture.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Waldham on June 17, 2018, 04:28:56 PM
Ok, the sheet is public (Equipment not finished, Homunculus companion).

I search the price for the paint and the sculpture.

I have an issue.

You are applying Lore Warden to Alchemist to acquire 6 skill points per level, when you have to apply it to the Fighter side to acquire 4 skill points per level.

The fighter archetype doesn't improve the alchemist class.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Envious

Quote from: indarkestknight on June 17, 2018, 02:43:41 PM
Pathfinder is a game with a lot of moving parts and a lot of rules. There's a reason one of my groups used to jokingly refer to it as "Mathfinder". That said, in my experience, players are generally very encouraging and welcoming of new blood and happy to help and answer any questions. Or at least, I feel that way.

Phantom has been very helpful. I'm also watching Youtube videos to get a feel for it  ;D

Waldham

QuoteScholastic (Ex): A lore warden gains 2 additional skill ranks each level. These ranks must be spent on Intelligence-based skills. All Craft and Knowledge skills are class skills for lore wardens, as are Linguistics and Spellcraft.

This ability replaces the fighter’s proficiency with medium armor, heavy armor, and shields.

I thought that the applied because the class feature modifies the fighter proficiency and not the skills. Is it not right ?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Waldham on June 17, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I thought that the applied because the class feature modifies the fighter proficiency and not the skills. Is it not right ?

Sorry, but no.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Florence on June 17, 2018, 04:15:43 PM
I mean... I'm not sure how it would be considered amateurish.

I mean, your taste is your taste, but I honestly can't see what's amateurish about their art choice.

I admit that it is subjective.  For me, the original image didn’t fit with the art that I want for the game or have previously admitted.

I would strongly prefer not to quibble over subjective matters, even if they are admittedly unfair and vague.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chanticleer

Shaninera Jalal
Known for being a happy, pleasant (bloodthirsty crazy) person (who occasionally thinks she's a dragon). She has no problem with the Hellknights. They occasionally have problems with her, but so far they all fall under 'drunken brawling' and since she doesn't seem to hold grudges and she's nearly bankrupted herself paying to replace barstools, she hasn't gotten into too much trouble...yet.
Mythweavers Sheet
Sex: Female
Race: Elf
Class: Crossblooded Bloodrager/Oracle
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Level: Gestalt 1
Exp: 0
Basic Appearance: A slight young elf-woman, strong beyond what seems reasonable for her size. She wears spiky leather armor over a shredded dress with an (extremely) short skirt, which she seems to be wearing more to prevent her armor chafing than out of any sort of concern for propriety or warmth. (Her warpaint is in better shape than her dress.) Her coppery hair has fangs, claws, bits of bone and iron hoops braided into it, and it seems permanently disarrayed. She usually has a too-wide smile on her face displaying more teeth than elves are typically known for having. An elven curve blade and a lucerne hammer are prominently hung crossed in harness behind her back.

Basic Background: Shani is a bit of a wanderer who has recently come to the area of Fort Inevitable. When drunk, she will insist that her grandfather was a dragon (possible, knowing elves), and that she is one, too (she seems a bit short for a dragon, but she has been known to punch people who point this out). She is almost frighteningly cheerful and enthusiastic about most things in life (nobody should wake up at six in the morning and be that cheerful and eager to go about the day...it's unnatural!), and that includes getting into fights. This causes some hesitancy and concern in local law enforcement, but so far she hasn't done anything other than the drunken brawling one might expect of an adventurer. She's looking for things to do, and evil things to slay, and the Emerald Spire has drawn her attention.
My current O/os (need work)

Hobbes1266

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/kobold-press-open-design/spell-less-ranger/
Would it be alright if I used the spell-less ranger varient? I believe it's third party but I would like to have a witch/ranger but I can't with rangers spell casting abilities