Epic Fantasy with a Little Bit of Modernism Thrown In - Solo or Small Group

Started by GnothiSeauton, January 07, 2015, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Title:  Untitled
Seeking:  Male or Female Writers
Setting:  Modern and Medieval-Type Fantasy

This could easily have been a group game, with it's scale and characters.  However, after having a bit of fatigue when it comes to running groups, I'd ideally like to do this as a solo, or as a small group if there's a lot of interest.  Between two people, there would be a considerable amount of NPCs to write and play, which is fine with me.

What I had in mind is something of an epic fantasy story, combining the modern world and a medieval-type fantasy world.  There is the modern world, our world, which is unchanged and seemingly normal.  But beneath it all, connected by a few remaining threads, is another world, a place where a majority of legends and lore in our current, modern world, originate and live.  It's a little bit like Once Upon a Time, but instead of there being the actual individuals, like Snow White, Cinderella, etc., they're just histories and tales from the Fantasy World.

In this fantasy world, there are two types of magic.  The Light, which thrives on hope, on love, optimism, and happiness, and the Dark, which thrives on despair, gloom, and oppression.  For centuries and centuries, the Light has held sway and power in the Fantasy World, until the rise of the Dark and a great and terrible war which devastated the country and consumed it.  Out of desperation, with the forces of darkness at the gates of the last remaining stronghold of the light, Merlin, the great Wizard of the Light, took the young newborn princess away in the cover of darkness, and took her into the Modern world, hiding her with relatives in the hopes that the forces of darkness would never find her.

Years later, after the Dark has won the war, and began to transform the world into that one of darkness, a small group of individuals, believers in the Light, and under the guidance of Merlin, enter through one of the last remaining portals connecting the Modern World and this Fantasy World to bring back their princess, who has had no knowledge of this world, this life of hers, in order to destroy the darkness and claim her birthright.

I had thought of there being elements from the modern world in this fantasy world, things that were brought back through the portals, when there were plenty, such as books, trinkets, even weapons, like automatic weapons.  But with the portals being closed, dying with the power of Light magic, they have been becoming rarer and rarer to get hands on.

Like I said, I wouldn't be opposed to this being turned into a small group game, and I'm always up for changing elements and story lines.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

LuciferOs

That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Chreestafer on January 07, 2015, 09:16:25 PM
I like the concept you have here :)

is it still open?

Thanks!

It is still open, but I'm waiting a little bit, to give others a chance to look over it and think it over, before settling on someone or a group of individuals.

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 07, 2015, 10:47:05 PM
Would this have no sex themes ?

I'm not opposed to sexual scenes and relationships.  I just don't want it to become the focus or driving force behind the story.

Seeking New Stories

Chreestafer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on January 07, 2015, 10:51:18 PM
Thanks!

It is still open, but I'm waiting a little bit, to give others a chance to look over it and think it over, before settling on someone or a group of individuals.

I'm not opposed to sexual scenes and relationships.  I just don't want it to become the focus or driving force behind the story.

It's cool, I understand :)

Let me know as I am open to solo or small group game.  And I love plot driven rps that focus more on story with sex as a secondary.  So I'm definitely interested :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List