One Piece Interest Check.

Started by Wolfy, June 13, 2015, 10:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Adventure on the High seas a-plenty, with a dashing crew of miscreants that start off in the North Blue. Danger, Friendship, Romance, and Adventure await in the world, all that we have to do is find it.

^-^ Who's interested?

Diesel Heart

Sure, I'm a big fan of One Piece.  Is this going to be Original Characters or the Straw Hat Crew?

Lynnie

Interested >.> i will admit to not being completely caught up yet.

El Maligno

Wolfy

Original Characters only, most likely. ^0^

Also, I'm kicking around some ideas as far as what we could be going for or what the over all goal of the roleplay is.

Recently, I've been wanting to write a story with things based upon the Chinese Zodiac.

With that being said (And take into consideration this DOES NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN so I don't want it to kill interest in the game. >.>) I was thinking that our little band of pirates would be from the North or West Blue, and are known as the Zodiac Pirates.

They have something special about them, and that each member (Not starting out but eventually) has a Mythic Zoan level Devil fruit, each based upon an Animal of the Chinese Zodiac and displaying some sort of powers that matches up with that Animal.

These would be known as Star Animals, or, for example, Inu Inu No Mi: Model Hoshi Inu, or Dog Dog Fruit: Model Star Dog, which gives the user not only the traits of a dog (Enhanced smell, hearing, etc) but also a much longer life, 7 times that of a normal...whatever they are. (User could be a Fishman, Giant, what have you) (Average lifespan of this fruit user, if human,  is 75x7, So 525 years), and....something else. (Specifics can come in later, this is just an example)

Our Roleplay would be about them starting out on a Journey to find these legendary fruits, already being in posession of One or Two, as it's said if all Twelve are brought together the crew who manages to do so will have untold riches and sway over the entire world.

Just....a thought. T-T Please tell me if you hate it... T0T

pendarious

I'm interested in a One Piece Rp.....still not quite sure how I feel about the zodiac thing though
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Lynnie

El Maligno

catherinehellfire

I like this!  But then again I love a lot of One Piece stuff.  Sadly I'm currently way back in the story, CP9 and the buster call.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Diesel Heart

Quote from: catherinehellfire on June 16, 2015, 09:56:26 PM
I like this!  But then again I love a lot of One Piece stuff.  Sadly I'm currently way back in the story, CP9 and the buster call.

I just finished that arc myself.  ;D

Wolfy

Well, you don't have to have any real knowledge aside from knowing what Devil Fruit are, but Mythic Zoans are technically a spoiler. T-T Sorry.

Lynnie

I dont mind spoilers personally. I had to start the anime at the begining because I was watching them with my little minion. He likes the bright colors.

Diesel Heart

There's nothing that will make me stop watching One Piece.  You are fine.  Anyways, on the note of the Zodiac - I have no issue with it at all.  This is your idea and I'm here for the ride strictly for the namesake alone.

Lynnie

I will be popping on and off today as I am currently the only one home with a toddler and several repairmen coming today -_-; gonna be a long day. Thank goodness for coffee

Wolfy

Well, I'm glad that you guys like the idea. ^0^

Now I just have to think up powers for each of the Zodiac Animals....hopefully I can get a profile or something like that up a bit later tonight. ^0^

Mathim

Quote from: Wolfy on June 17, 2015, 01:21:12 PM
Well, I'm glad that you guys like the idea. ^0^

Now I just have to think up powers for each of the Zodiac Animals....hopefully I can get a profile or something like that up a bit later tonight. ^0^

I was just thinking of joining but I do think the idea of everyone having some kind of DF is a big mistake for a couple of reasons. For one, not all of them really lend themselves to either DF powers or Zoan ones (Virgo, for instance). For another, some of them are aquatic animals which I'm not sure DF's model themselves after given their nature of loathing the sea. There's also the cumbersome issue of everyone not being able to swim.

What I would propose is maybe have some of the crew having either Zoan (Mythical or otherwise) and/or Paramecia DFs to match some of the powers that wouldn't work so well without them, and have others simply use a fighting style or be a species that makes sense for them (i.e. a fishman would be the crew's Pisces, etc.)

Just my two cents.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Wolfy

Actually Mathim the Devil Fruits would be based off of the Chinese Zodiac, in which they are all Animals and also Not Aquatic. :D

Mathim

Quote from: Wolfy on June 17, 2015, 08:13:52 PM
Actually Mathim the Devil Fruits would be based off of the Chinese Zodiac, in which they are all Animals and also Not Aquatic. :D

So like the ones on Jackie Chan Adventures? Count me out then. I don't think we'd be able to find anyone to play the pig or chicken anyway. Still doesn't answer the everyone being susceptible to drowning issue either. Have fun though!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Batman4560

Love me some one piece, I'm popping my head in to show some interest. I'll be watching this carefully.

pendarious

eh after thinking about it I don't mind the Zodiac thing...it could be interesting.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

ShadowFox89

Eh, sure, I'll throw my hat in this. Looking at the Hebi Hebi no Mi: Basilisk as the fruit.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lynnie

Can I have the tiger fruit? That way I can play a cat girl :)

ShadowFox89

Neko Neko no Mi: Model Byakko?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lynnie

Yukina

I might join. :) I'm mostly have to see what powers are available though.