RISUS RPG: Classic Swords & Sorcery Campaign [likely NC someplace]

Started by RubySlippers, July 01, 2011, 09:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Okay last thing you all will known each other and be at least sociable with each other so I want you to work that out at the game start before the Fifth Horde of Trigon obliterates your home city, rapes and plunders and enslaves who is left and leaving it dust and rubble.

Don't worry you will get a chance to get out but don't expect an easy fight. The Silver Empire did hire all the mercs they could get so some might also have been hired and are in the city as added security, even if less than reliable. (many are going to work for Trigon when he offers more gold and women to change sides)

Ironwolf85

fixed Deon, thanks for the help ruby. he's probably hit on at least one of the female characters.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

NotoriusBEN

I put the Arcane version of Timory back up in the thread under the spoiler. I'd rather play him as a magician over a rogue, but if the group wants to be well rounded I'll stick to the rogue version. When we are trapped and/or killed by said trap you can punch me in OOC.

Regardless of the version, Timory is entertaining what patrons are paying attention to him at Jason's Pub. There's no pizzazz, he's just going through the motions since its a Tin and copper crowd.

RubySlippers

You could do both an Arcane mage from a scoudrel background.

Post for the game will go up at 6pm EST. Will link to it here.

RubySlippers

Garreth

Now that I read your introduction, I have some questions. I wrote my character to be the owner of an inn, that's kind of a central plot hook to him. The town apparently only has one inn though. Am I supposed to be the owner of that male paradise? I had envisioned something a lot smaller, run by a single man and a few employees. Could there be another inn in town that I own?

I'm just wondering what you had in mind. I tried to PM you, but you had me blocked. :(
Judge one's character not from the options he's given, but from the choice he makes from them.

RubySlippers

No one not booked up, the inns are packed to the gill. Most having to squeeze extra guests where they can. But with a huge army en route its all military sorts or mercenaries for the most part. Camp followers and the like are also pouring in the Horde oddly never does much to support people since they just work for the soldiers of the Horde when they sack and ravage a community.

Ironwolf85

I don't actuallty know much about your world and what's going on beyond my character
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

RubySlippers

Its RISUS not DnD.

All you know is your in the town could be a mercenary mage or just here and war is coming. Your home the Stone City of Gar is fine so far its high on a peak of the Great Mountain far away from here passed the Dark Lands (lots orcs and bad things) and kind of stuck. You know the others.

Where you are is a mining and smelting town they mine iron, forge it into steel bars and sell those with some pass trade. Likely why its wanted this could arm armies and is a strategic target as in once taken its going to be hard to route out the army assigned here.

Basicly Trigon the Tyrant is in the Kingdom of Spires and moving out to conquer the world under his steel fisted hand, his main strategy is offer peace terms as in join me and you will be treated okay. If not, well lets say its not the best option. The Silver Kingdom and its elven allies and dwarves etc. told him to fuck himself and they will fight. Your just there.

Ironwolf85

sorry... RISUS... I know it's diffrent, but i flub sometimes with pantfinder and fantasy GURPS.
thank you for the info ruby, I am ready to start