A conversation with a bot

Started by bandit, May 07, 2012, 07:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

From time to time I get messages from bots. I like to think that I'm pretty quick at catching them but then again they give themselves away so quickly that I wonder if anyone ever actually falls for this stuff. Usually I just entertain myself like this...

kate smith: Hello
postmodernist80: Hi
postmodernist80: Not to be forward, but do I know you?
kate smith: whats up, I dont remember when I found your username..im 24yrs old, female...you?         
kate smith: im not desperate hehe i just enjoy talking to ppl online  especially via webcam, do you webcam?
postmodernist80: Yellow water makes Joe's brain fry the pancakes.
kate smith: ahhh ok  are you signed up to any dating sites? i wanted to join adult friend finder but they charge too much!
postmodernist80: I cannot bring the tire oil! LOL Do you upstart the tango?
kate smith: i see..where do you live? i am bored at home...and this usually leads to bad things  anytime i take a break from school work i jump online
postmodernist80: I cannot find the cake.
kate smith: well...i am a true "autagonistophiliac" which means I have a fetish for being on camera  you can google it if you dont believe me! lol, have you ever used WebCamCrush?
postmodernist80: I ate pie in the serengeti but my toes are too cold.
kate smith: its a yahoo adult site that allows us to chat, and even go live like skype, its been up for a while..they give you a unique page, my link is snipped
postmodernist80: I know my selfish coocoo outter fooled me.
kate smith: if you go there my video will load, is it displaying for you on the right side?
postmodernist80: I'd like to glue a tiny moustache on the magazine
kate smith: yea you just click the "Accept Invite" button on the bottom left and it'll connect us..if your camera shy you dont have to show yourself, I'M the one with the fetish remember LOL
postmodernist80: Bacon has too much theft, I always avoid peeing there.
kate smith: well im always either on the phone or online, im a chat addict lol...i dont normally give my number out but if you meet me in the chat and I get comfortable with you we can talk on the phone
postmodernist80: Wookie snatcher eat a bunch of pie.
kate smith: my number is 206-222-1648...my phone is dead, so give it a few minutes to charge, and please dont go give that out! hehe...come talk to me over on the chat site
postmodernist80: The itch down below can't say hello. lol
postmodernist80: They're crazy lunch digits.
kate smith: its free, they ask for info for age verification...im sure i'll keep you entertained though
kate smith: i love the site cause its streams fast in real-time sorta like a skype, fill out your info, its only for age verification  k?
postmodernist80: Cellphone poppin' candy?
kate smith: i use this site to play on cause i don't want to be recorded, just watched!...this site doesn't allow people to record my cam  just click the "Accept Invite" button on the left of the page and we'll be able to have a live chat
postmodernist80: Plastic go baby was right.
kate smith: credit card is just to verify your age, it's free thru my cam session invite since I'm a premium member
postmodernist80: Fuzzy stuff eats the pigsfeet.
kate smith: yup, then once your logged in my video will appear again right in front of you, and you can join me for some private time
postmodernist80: FART BLUE THE PEANUT BUTTER!!!!
kate smith: I should be somewhere on the top row, you should see my pic
postmodernist80: OHHHHHH Wasteland is calling the goat boy.
kate smith: well hey ..you better give me some "gold" when you're on the site lol..it's like a flirt and I'd love some from you ..k?
postmodernist80: May.
kate smith: k
postmodernist80: Pillow
kate smith: are u in babe??
kate smith is typing...
kate smith: k
postmodernist80: Missing the soundbite coca cola pan.
postmodernist80: Right?
the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

Vekseid

I've actually gotten the humans behind a few of these to respond.

Anyway, please remember to snip links before posting things like this.

bandit

OH yeah, my bad, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to follow that link. For the love of all that is holy I can only imagine how unsavory that actual site is.

How on earth did you get the people behind the bots to reply?

Vekseid

Apparently they watch some of the conversations.

These days, though, outright calling them 'spambot' sometimes shuts them up.

bandit

I'm so easily entertained by them I'll be sure not to mention "spambot" in any of my gibberish.

Somnifera

I'm just amazed you were able to be so thoroughly nonsensical. Great avatar, btw.
I'm what was meant, not what was written. Right on the tip of the tongue and just out of focus.

~Ons,Offs, and some characters~
~Plots~
{Not interested in new RPs at this time}

bandit

Being nonsensical is what I do best :D

And thank you! Good luck on approval, look me up when you're up and running!

Inkidu

Next time you get one try the following phrase.

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

According to Noam Chomsky it's the only sentence in the English Language that is completely grammatically correct but makes no logical sense whatsoever. I wonder what a bot would make of it.  >:)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Somnifera

Probably nothing, since they don't seem to pay too much attention.

bandit: Will do!
I'm what was meant, not what was written. Right on the tip of the tongue and just out of focus.

~Ons,Offs, and some characters~
~Plots~
{Not interested in new RPs at this time}

bandit

I love it and absolutely will try it!

Caitlin

-snicker-  ;D

This looks familiar yeah, it's fun sometimes to pass time with bots like this, but often it turns boring pretty quickly since they don't really interact with you.

If you want a bot that really interacts then try A.L.I.C.E. It's a project in artificial intelligence and the bot likes to talk about The Matrix. Apparently it even fooled real humans into believing that it was a person behind the keyboard, but in my opinion the responses are generally too 'sterile' to be a real human. They often reply with questions when they don't know what to respond, or the answer is too politically correct.

I also remember a friend on WoW a couple years telling me about an add-on called psychologist or something, when he went afk he turned that on and it would start reacting as if it were a shrink. The chat results turned out to be quite funny.

Next time I might try something more along the lines of the respones you gave Bandit, maybe I'll meet a somewhat more intelligent chatbot that doesn't just keep running a standard script.  ;)

bandit

You can always keep trying. It seems that Veks has even gotten the people behind the curtains to speak up. I feel like the bar has been raised.

AndyZ

I've taken to simply saying, "Bot test.  What color is the sky?"

A human knows the answer.  A robot knows only the cold embrace of the machine code, and has never seen the lovely sky.

Even after they take over, we will taunt them with this hidden knowledge of the sky's hue.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.