Looking for Storyteller for Scion campaign

Started by writersmelody, February 07, 2011, 02:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Tomalak on February 14, 2011, 04:54:05 PM
1) Doesn't LRtH use the pregen characters?  If so, I'd bow out if this option is chosen and wish the game well - I prefer to play my own creations.  If I am mistaken about pregens, then I know nothing at all about this campaign.

It does, but I expect most of it could be reworked with other characters in instead. It's been a long time since I looked over that one, so some of the scenarios may be easier to tweak than others.

Quote from: Tomalak on February 14, 2011, 04:54:05 PM
2) Ragnarok sounds like it deals with the Aesir; would non-Nordic scions be out of place?

Not at all. As long as there is one Aesir scion to provide a hook for the rest of the group, it's all good.

My own preference would be to run my own stories, though I have swiped individual scenarios from both those campaigns and tweaked them to my own pen and paper group.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Callie Del Noire

And we got like two or so potential Aesir players already.. (even if I have to ditch some of my story)

fallensaviour

hey hairy im me please when you get the chance so we can go over more details for my character

HairyHeretic

It's after midnight here at the moment, so I don't think it will be tonight. Tomorrow evening (GMT) suit you?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

OOC thread is up here. We can move the discussion there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

fallensaviour

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 14, 2011, 06:30:44 PM
It's after midnight here at the moment, so I don't think it will be tonight. Tomorrow evening (GMT) suit you?
i do not see any conflicts at the time just wanted to make sure of some things before i start building and such

HairyHeretic

Cool. We'll probably want to talk a few character creation options with everyone before we get started.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cold Heritage

How do we go about knowing if we can play in your game?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

HairyHeretic

Well, the first thing is to figure out what game people want to play, as we have a few options. We can move that discussion to the OOC thread, or carry it on here, I don't mind either way.

By my count we have 10 people have expressed interest in playing

Writersmelody
Muse
Ixy
ColdHeritage
fallensavior
avorae
Tomalak
Callie Del Noire
yesiroleplay
Kolbrandr

One or two people at least have experience of playing either or both LRTH and the Ragnarok campaigns, so running one of my own devising might be the best option. Even at that, running a game for 10 people could be tricky. I hadn't realised it was quite that many til I actually counted it up there.

What the hell, I can give it a go :)

Given the naturally attrition of players in games, it may well drop to more managable numbers over time anyway. :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Callie Del Noire

HairyHeretic

We've been discussing things on the OOC thread I set up, and linked a few posts back. You might want to take a read over that and catch up :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 17, 2011, 02:25:54 PM
We've been discussing things on the OOC thread I set up, and linked a few posts back. You might want to take a read over that and catch up :)

Ah.. one of those weeks for me. d'oh!

HairyHeretic

S'aright. I'm somewhat under par today myself.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 17, 2011, 02:35:18 PM
S'aright. I'm somewhat under par today myself.

Any issues (backstory aside) on my character?

HairyHeretic

Well, given how visitations work, the Loki / Coyote stuff may need altered, but I'm not sure what you want to do about that.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 17, 2011, 02:50:52 PM
Well, given how visitations work, the Loki / Coyote stuff may need altered, but I'm not sure what you want to do about that.

Aside from that.. the character is balanced off.. I figure Coyote is trying to bring get her to work for him. Maybe he calls it adoption.. maybe he's trying to get Loki to 'loan' her out.. (perhaps in exchange for soemthing.. ) otherwise I could simple cut that whole idea out of her backstory.

HairyHeretic

If you read over the other thread you'll see you get a few additional breaks in character generation, so you can probably afford a few more goodies.

There is a Native American pantheon amongst the fan created material on the Scion wiki, but the PSP only goes to 3. Not sure if it would interest you or not.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

fallensaviour

coyote is also implied to be bre'r rabbit from the companion

Ixy

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 17, 2011, 02:55:48 PM
If you read over the other thread you'll see you get a few additional breaks in character generation, so you can probably afford a few more goodies.

There is a Native American pantheon amongst the fan created material on the Scion wiki, but the PSP only goes to 3. Not sure if it would interest you or not.

Wait, what?  Other thread?

Bloody Rose

If you are still looking I would love to join, let me know if you need another one. If you don't it's ok

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Ixy on February 17, 2011, 04:10:31 PM
Wait, what?  Other thread?

This one

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=98122.0

I linked it in the post a little ways back :)

Quote from: Zarazel on February 17, 2011, 04:18:35 PM
If you are still looking I would love to join, let me know if you need another one. If you don't it's ok

There's a lot of people have expressed interest already, though not all have posted since. I don't like turning people down, but I suspect right now we're approaching enough for two groups.

Which is admittedly another option.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bloody Rose

If you have enough its fine by me, just thought to show that I can rp on this one. Let me know if you need me ^^

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die