[idea]Gotham city? Catwoman? Scary and sexy?

Started by Celestial Goblin, June 01, 2006, 04:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

This is just an idea that hit me just a few minutes ago, when reading a discussion about the Batman universe as a setting for horror and using it rpg's, in this occasion, Unknown Armies.
I'm putting this in Games wanted because i'm more trying to sell this idea to someone than start the game outright.

There's a lot of weirdness and plain horror stuff in Gotham. Batman himself is fun because he can't handle everything. Forget about the heroism and play up how the whole place is a city of freaks. People done that idea and it worked, so i've read. Take a peek at what Joker does when he's not in the spotlight, see the dark secrets behind Arkham, just plain observe the life of an average citizen...
A lot of darkness and weirdness. Clowns, scarecrows, bandits. Beggars and billionaires. Psychos and prophets.
Oh, and remove all the signature characters. No Bat, no Joker. Let the players be new guys and face new guys. More scary that way.

Isn't it an interesting premise?

Now, i only allowed myself to take an Elliquiy point of view on this. If someone has other ideas, do share.

Who'd i'd be in Gotham? If i could? I'd be Catwoman. She's sexy as hell, as daring as the Bat himself, works outside the law but isn't a despicable villain, and she even gets tied up. Catwoman's great. (i know Catwoman from the cartoon. they said the movie was medicore)
But wouldn't it be to easy to just *be* Catwoman? Wasn't the idea that inspired me calling for no siganture heroes?

Catwoman wannabe. An average, if probably rich and smart girl that wants to do this stuff. Neither a blundering damsel to get caught by the first gangster, nor the real ass-kicking thing. She'll run into trouble, but only as much trouble as any other normal human being that messes with the bad stuff in Gotham. She'll have a normal life all right. She'll have a skin-tight suit and loads of gadgets. She'll have adventures she asked for.

More. Why not take this a step further and play a completely exotic idea. The old villans and heroes are gone and we play wannabes that want to be the new... Villans.
All with sexy perspective.

King_Furby

Yea some of the characters in the Batman Universe are quite spooky. Joker and Scarecrow would share the shit out of me, but so would the blob and two face. The blob is scary lol even in the cartoon series.

Swedish Steel

I love the Birds of Prey, they spend alot of time in Gotham. And I love Poison Ivy, she's a red head...and green! :)

There are alot of scary guys and gals in Gotham, Ventriloquist and Scarface for example. Ugh, it's a puppet! Get away from me!

Not sure I'd want to play in a Gotham were all my favorite heroes and villains are gone though. I might.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

King_Furby

Hey i am all for puppets but that Ventriloquist character gave me the willies.

NikitaFirestar

*Tilts head* Gotham city could be fun... *giggles* I could be Bat Girl!
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Elvi

Catwoman wannabe. An average, if probably rich and smart girl that wants to do this stuff.

I hate to say it Angel, but that sounds like Princess Morebucks from the Power Puff girls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Morbucks

Hmmmmmm.......now that's an idea, I want to play Mojo Jojo........if we had audio, I could do my voice for you.....*grins*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Celestial Goblin

Elvi, i'm not going *this* far into horror. I could brave a game with the amobea mob (or whatever they were called) would be the danger, but Mojo Jojo is too far.
You keep that voice impersonation to your daughter, Elvi. I might not fear spooky clowns and mad psychistrists, but there's something about sociopathic apes that fills me with genuine dread.
:D

Celestial Goblin

I mainly suggested the variant of Gotham without villians because i don't know the universe to well. For example, i didn't know about the puppet guy:)

But it's just my ideas, still not sure if i'd run it and how...

Mistiq

I like this idea, I have enough Batman experience, watching cartoons, Roleplaying, and script writting to be able to pull it off I think.

My prefence is and always will be Harlie Quinn, she reminds me of many of my favorite videogame characters. The main reason I like her is that she's fun and real joker, pysco and get a pyschiatrist. :D