News:

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella

I'm quite happy with (most) of the changes in the show, too. I'm pretty good at leaving the book at the door when I watch the show and just going along for the ride. The books are always there when I want to read them; I love being surprised and shown new scenes and alternate plot points.

Iniquitous

Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

jouzinka

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Excuse me while I bounce off the ceiling with excitement!

Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell?!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, whoever made that casting decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH2ri8RhSnw
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Lilias

Now all we need to see is whether Siddig will tarnish his suave good looks by gaining a shedload of weight or whether the writers will leave the Jabba Hutt-esque figure out of the Dornish Prince's description. :P
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Rogue

I'm... kinda disappointed in the sand syblings? Because I feel like they've been a bit whitewashed but that's mostly my imagination I feel. >.> Because I had in my head these badass arab chicks. But we'll see what happens in the show because Game of Thrones hasn't truly disappointed me yet with casting. :)

Beorning

I admit that I'm surprised with Siddig as Doran Martell. I imagined the character as older and... plumpier?

Also, I'm disappointed with Obara. I imagined her as blonde, but maybe that was my mistake. But one thing I'm relatively sure about is that she was described as tall and well-built... she's a warrior, after all. Meanwhile, the actress who will be playing her seems... really waifish?

BTW. Have Arianne and Quentyn been cast?

BTW2. Who the heck is Yezzan?

jouzinka

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Yezzan

I also have a feeling they might be merging Trystane and Quentyn together. :-X

Beorning

Quote from: jouzinka on July 29, 2014, 12:54:52 PM
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Yezzan

Ah, that guy. Okay, let me say that I completely don't get the casting choice here. Is that guy going to put on a fat suit, or something?

I also have a feeling they might be merging Trystane and Quentyn together. :-X

Oh, I don't think so... I rather suspect that we'll get a new subplot with Trystane and Myrcella.

Beorning

And as we're talking about the series again... I'd like to ask for your opinion about something.

In one of season 4 episodes, there was this "making of a White Walker" scene. You know, there was this scene when one of the Walkers abducts one of Craster's children and takes it... to some sort of stone circle? Once there, another being arrives and does something to the child - with the child's eyes becoming blue. My theory is that how White Walkers come into being - there are made of abducted children... but what do you think what was the being that did that?

I mean, I took a good look at this guy and he wasn't a White Walker. He looked different - for once, he had horns. What do you make of him? Who was this?

Lilias

~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lilias

I think that when people swear 'The Others take [whatever]', they have something worse than snow wights in mind. ;)
~Wendell Berry

Beorning

That's interesting. I've always assumed that the White Walkers and the Others were supposed to be the same thing...

Oniya

Quote from: jouzinka on July 29, 2014, 11:12:52 AM
Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell?!

Thought I recognized that name!  Although I remember when he was Siddig el Fadil.  I was somewhat disappointed when he decided to change it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Iniquitous

Whew ... his birth name is huge. There'd be no calling him by his full name when he was in trouble! (Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi)
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

jouzinka

Quote from: Oniya on July 29, 2014, 02:43:14 PM
Thought I recognized that name!  Although I remember when he was Siddig el Fadil.  I was somewhat disappointed when he decided to change it.
Hehehehe! >:)

I am still all gaga about this.

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on July 29, 2014, 02:53:26 PM
Whew ... his birth name is huge. There'd be no calling him by his full name when he was in trouble! (Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi)
I believe he goes by Sid. :-)

Lilias

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on July 29, 2014, 02:53:26 PM

Royalty just have to have the biggest ones. ;)
~Wendell Berry

Oniya

If any of you remember the old Robin of Sherwood series, the character of Nasir (played by Mark Ryan) gives his full name to a noble lady in one episode.  She responds incredulously with 'Is that a name, or a family tree?'  Of course, to those familiar with Middle Eastern naming traditions, the answer is a simple 'Yes!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beorning

My God, I so loved Nasir when I was a kid..!

BTW. Robin of Sherwood is one of the finest fantasy series ever, IMHO.

Polymorph

Quote from: Beorning on July 29, 2014, 01:27:53 PM
And as we're talking about the series again... I'd like to ask for your opinion about something.

I mean, I took a good look at this guy and he wasn't a White Walker. He looked different - for once, he had horns. What do you make of him? Who was this?

It could be this guy.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_King

Beorning

So... the trailer for Season 5 has arrived:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152715877082734&pnref=story

Somehow, I don't feel too excited. I think I've lost my heart for this show... The books are so much better!

*keeps his fingers crossed for Winds of Winter to be released this year*

jouzinka

I think I have seen somewhere that Winds of Winter is bumped to 2016.

Anyway... it would seem they are leaving Aegon out of the picture? :o That is like... a MAJOR spoiler for the books - just as I finally decided he is a Targaryen and the third Dragon rider. >:(

Crimsonbella

As the days creep ever forward I'm champing at the bits to see what the next season will hold. While there have been some changes from the books I'm still absolutely loving the show. So glad that we're finally getting to the Martells.
O/o Thread Slightly outdated.

Sir Percival the Gallant

Quote from: jouzinka on February 01, 2015, 05:34:29 PM
Anyway... it would seem they are leaving Aegon out of the picture? :o That is like... a MAJOR spoiler for the books - just as I finally decided he is a Targaryen and the third Dragon rider. >:(

I'm under the influence they're cutting that entirely. Same thing with the other Greyjoy characters.