Spartacus: blood and sands(updated with pics)-last male needed.

Started by cuteguy23, July 02, 2011, 10:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuteguy23

It’s been a while I had this role-play in mind. Well as the title suggests it’s based on Spartacus TV series although not exactly the same you can play OC if you want just play relevant character.
Plot:- 71-72 B.C In 72-71 BC, Roman general Marcus Terentius Varro Lucullus, proconsul of the Roman province of Macedonia, marched against the Getae, who were allies of Rome's enemy, Mithridates VI of Pontus. The Getae frequently raid the Thracians' lands, so the Thracians are persuaded by Glaber to enlist in the Romans' service as auxiliaries. Glaber is persuaded by his wife Llitiya to seek greater glory, decides to break off attacking the Getae and directly confront the forces of Mithridates in Asia Minor. The Thracian, feeling betrayed, leads a mutiny against Glaber, and returns to find his village destroyed. The Thracian and his wife Sura, are captured by Glaber the next day; the Thracian is condemned to die in the gladiator arena for his crime, while Sura is taken away, condemned to slavery. The Thracian is shipped to Capua in Italy, a center of gladiator training. Against all odds in the arena he slays the four gladiators appointed to execute him and becomes an instant sensation with the crowd. Senator Albinius commutes the punishment from death to slavery. The prisoner's true name unknown, Lentulus Batiatus, the owner of a ludus in Capua, suggests to name him "Spartacus", because he fought like the ferocious Thracian king of that name.
**Well this role is up for grab, I am not willing to play Spartacus character.
I will prefer to play Lentulus Batiatus the Owner of ludus, lanista and Spartacus’s master. We can play on the same lines the TV series goes but I am willing to listen to other ideas ,but Lentulus ,lucretia will be retained they won’t be OC.
Character list:

Batiatus-Owner of Ludus (Played by me )

Luceretia-Wife of Letulus Batiatus (Taken by-Lady morgana)

. Spartacus (Available):-Batiatus elite Gladiator

. Doctore Oenomaus – Batiatus' trainer of gladiators. (Taken by-1SAZ)

. Crixus – a Gaul, he is Batiatus' top gladiator. Love interest of Naevia(Taken by- samael)

Naevia-servent and lover to Crixus (Taken by -olufemi)

Llithyia – the daughter of senator Albinius and wife of Glaber. (Taken by- playfullchick)

.Gaia- Close friend of Luceretia(Taken by Praxx)

.Mellita-Wife of Oenomaus (Taken by-xandria)

.Varro- Gladiator (available)

Add character with your choice role if above roles not available.
Do not apply if you are once a month poster, you should be at least able to post once a week and English literate skill should be at least semi.
"Art is like Love, it cannot be explained. You can only feel it."

Ideas
The Oath of Drake

playfullchick76

It is very tempting, but I havnt seen the series, sadly. I have seen Rome, would that qualify me to play one of the female characters.

cuteguy23

Yes sure playfulchick, just tell me what character you are interested in and I will give you rough idea about that particular character .

Ideas
The Oath of Drake

Olufemi

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
On's & Offs [/td][/tr][/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
A/A - Updated Aug 22, 2011 [/td][/tr][/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
Roleplay wants [/td][/tr][/table]

Lady Morgana

Hi Cuteguy,

I'd love to play Lucretia - I've never played such a complete and ruthless bitch before.

. . . give me a nudge if I start going soft!

playfullchick76

I did have Lucretia in mind, but, Lady Morgana has gotten in ahead of me, so, Llithyia it is. Tell me a bit about what I need to play her accurately, and I shall do so, thank you for being patient enough.

cuteguy23

Quote from: cuteguy23 on July 02, 2011, 10:46:28 PM
It’s been a while I had this role-play in mind. Well as the title suggests it’s based on Spartacus TV series although not exactly the same you can play OC if you want just play relevant character.
Plot:- 71-72 B.C In 72-71 BC, Roman general Marcus Terentius Varro Lucullus, proconsul of the Roman province of Macedonia, marched against the Getae, who were allies of Rome's enemy, Mithridates VI of Pontus. The Getae frequently raid the Thracians' lands, so the Thracians are persuaded by Glaber to enlist in the Romans' service as auxiliaries. Glaber is persuaded by his wife Llitiya to seek greater glory, decides to break off attacking the Getae and directly confront the forces of Mithridates in Asia Minor. The Thracian, feeling betrayed, leads a mutiny against Glaber, and returns to find his village destroyed. The Thracian and his wife Sura, are captured by Glaber the next day; the Thracian is condemned to die in the gladiator arena for his crime, while Sura is taken away, condemned to slavery. The Thracian is shipped to Capua in Italy, a center of gladiator training. Against all odds in the arena he slays the four gladiators appointed to execute him and becomes an instant sensation with the crowd. Senator Albinius commutes the punishment from death to slavery. The prisoner's true name unknown, Lentulus Batiatus, the owner of a ludus in Capua, suggests to name him "Spartacus", because he fought like the ferocious Thracian king of that name.
**Well this role is up for grab, I am not willing to play Spartacus character.
I will prefer to play Lentulus Batiatus the Owner of ludus, lanista and Spartacus’s master. We can play on the same lines the TV series goes but I am willing to listen to other ideas ,but Lentulus ,lucretia will be retained they won’t be OC.
Character list:
1. Spartacus (Available):-Batiatus elite Gladiator

2. Doctore Oenomaus – Batiatus' trainer of gladiators. (Available)

3. Crixus – a Gaul, he is Batiatus' top gladiator. Love interest of Naevia(Available)

4. Naevia-servent and lover to Crixus (Taken by olufemi)

5. Luceretia-Wife of Letulus Batiatus (Taken by-Lady morgana)

6. Llithyia – the daughter of senator Albinius and wife of Glaber. (Taken by playfullchick76)

Add character with your choice role if above roles not available.
Do not apply if you are once a month poster, you should be at least able to post once a week and English literate skill should be at least semi.

Ideas
The Oath of Drake

cuteguy23

Nice 3 more literate males and we are good to go,However I will first post from Tomorrow .

Ideas
The Oath of Drake

1SAZ

While I haven't watched the series, I'll take Oenomaus. I'll be sure to try and read up on the character before we start.

cuteguy23

Can we please have Spartacus for god sake. No body wants to play the hero of the series :(

Ideas
The Oath of Drake

Capsarc

I'm not all that familiar with the series, but it seems that a few other people aren't... and Cuteguy asked me, so why not, I'm in.

cuteguy23

Seems we had our last man. Ok so here we are all set and good to go I will post introduction thread and 1st post tonight so stay tune. Other guys can join in we got plenty of more roles :)

Ideas
The Oath of Drake

seducer12

I have watched both the 'Blood and Sands' series as well as the 'Gods of the Arena' series and absolutely loved it. I am at the moment doing a one-on-one roleplay on the concept. I would be interested in playing the role of Spartacus. But can I suggest including a minor charcter in the series who was killed off. Licinia, the cousin of Marcus Crassus who is killed by Illythia. The woman who is very interested in bedding Spartacus.

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/S_Z/Si_Sp/Spartacus_Blood_Sand/season1/spartacus-blood-sand-65.jpg

Also, are we sticking to the series storyline. I, myself would include more intrigue and sexual interplay between the characters.

seducer12

Sorry, did not notice the Spartacus character was taken. I'm really interested in joining this play and can play Gannicus, the lead in the Spartacus - Gods of the Arena series. He could be incorporated in this plot. Also, I highly suggest including Licinia, as it seems to me that her character could become really well developed. Of course, these are only my suggestions.

http://images.wikia.com/spartacus/images/b/bf/Gannicus_Starz.jpg

Capsarc

Actually it's all the same to me, you sound like you'd make a much better Spartacus than I would. The role is yours if you want it.

seducer12

I wouldn't mind. Thank you. If that's okay with everyone, of course.

Lady Morgana

Not a probelm with me, but Capsarc would you be remainging in the group, picking up one of the other roles?

Capsarc

No, I don't think so. The only one left seems pretty generic.

Lady Morgana

Perhaps cute Guy could suggest an alternative there were some fantastic charcters in the series . . .

One of my favourites was solonius, who was Batiatus main rival, it may prove interesting to have him involved.

Olufemi

You all are making me think I shoudl start watching this series..  but time does not allow for it... yet.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]

Olufemi

Well.. RL interferes... I'll be unavailable for a couple weeks.... (not that much is happening here. :P )
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]

dakabn

I think I'm interested, but can you post a link to the IC thread so I can see what's going on so far?