Re: Murder on the Elliquiy Express: European Tours: Day 4

Started by Pixilicious, July 19, 2010, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixilicious

Pixilicious walked into the main room of the train and turned to 8 of the passengers remaining in the room.  "My darling travelers, I am sorry for the delay in the train taking off for the night...It appears that there were some troublemakers that were mistakenly on board with us from the beginning.  Never fear, though.  Those individuals have been dealt with accordingly and unfortunately, they will not be joining us for the remainder of this trip..."

The smile on her lips broadened as she looked around the room.  "Please, do not burden yourselves with this matter.  I can assure you that it has been taking care of, and to remedy the inconvenience of having to wait for departure, I am extending everyone's trip for an extra day, free of charge.  I do hope you will accept this as a humble from of apology from the Elliquiy Express Corporation..."

As she finished speaking, Pixilicious' staff filled into the room, this time holding gold envelopes in their hands.  Finding each of the passengers, the staff handed them an envelope.  Inside, they would find an invitation for the day at the Spa in France on their return trip back, along with a gold key to their new carriages for the night.

"I do hope everyone gets some sleep tonight, and I will see you bright and early for our next stop in the morning..."  With that, Pixilicious bowed, and turned, walked out of the carriage with her staff.

Carriage A~ Sasha, Kyrsa,Starlequin, Marguerite
Carriage B~ Ryven, Kaizen, Alxnjsh, Remiel, Imogen
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Imogen

Imogen hastily finished her sketch of Barnbean, lowering the window and leaning out to catch a last view of him before sinking down in her seat and adding a bit more emphasis to the eyebrows and chin. "Oh, much better!" She exclaimed, lowering her pencil and rubbing her fingers. "I can't really do him justice, there just wasn't enough time. But it's so interesting, don't you think? I'll call this "Portrait of Murderer". She beamed at her work and looked up when one of Pixi's handsome staff appeared with an envelope.

Carriage B. Hm. From the corner of her eyes, Imogen studied her fellow passengers as they made for their assigned cabins. Her expression brightened when she notice Alxnjsh. She had accused him wrongly before. Perhaps she would have a chance to make up for that tomorrow. Yeah, that was a plan... She could stop by at breakfast, and say hi. Maybe...
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

HockeyGod

alxnjsh never forgot...never forgot. Many people had accused him of being the murderer. That was crazy! All he did was play some chess and smile nicely. Thankfully the innocent person he accused of being a murderer had jumped of the train or something equally cliche. Nope, the only person left was the correct murderer he identified when the first corpse showed up. Valerian was it? Yeah - the first one that bit the bullet. I mean, how could you just wake up murdered? That was crazily impossible!

"Ryven, it appears we're on for another chess match." alxnjsh said with a straight face while sipping lemonade.

Ryven

Ryven sips his tea calmly before raising an eyebrow toward Alx.  "I believe you're right."  He said, setting down his tea and observing the others.  It was quite odd, the feeling he had.  It was like the train was a little...less cramped.  Of course, it could be because of the murders, but that was only what, 2 people?  He pondered for a moment feeling that the tour had become just a tad more...personal.

Kaizen

Kaizen's ears perked up at the mention of a chess match.  He was a huge fan of the King's Gambit.  He would enjoy watching a good chess match.  A lot could be learned about a person by the way he played a chess game.  The opening was always important, defensive or offensive, black's struggle to gain equality... Then there was the middle game, quiet and slow or destructive and violent, the players trading pieces until a decisive edge has been gained.  And finally the endgame, watching the weakened player run their best damage control, playing for a stalemate or trying to eek out a draw.  Kaizen knew he felt way to passionate about chess.

Remiel

The last night, it seemed, went by in a blur; things seemed to be happening too fast.  Due to the laudable instincts of the other passengers, Barnbean had been correctly identified as a killer--most likely the murderer of poor Ariadne--and had been expelled from the train.  With any luck, he would be arrested the moment he set foot on solid ground and made to stand trial for his crimes.  At least for Ariadne, justice had been served.

There was no time for celebration, though.  The murder of Valerian, however, was as yet unsolved, her killer still at loose.   Both Sasha and Starlequin--his two top suspects--looked as though they would share a carriage tonight with Marguerite and Kyrsa.  Remiel couldn't help feeling gravely concerned for them both (especially Kyrsa, who, although a femme fatale at poker, was nevertheless a charming woman).  He wished that there was something he could do...

Sasha

Sasha looked at the list ...in the envelope given for the carriage assignments ..."oh crap "  she let out without thinking . " here we go again ...Quin with three beautiful women ...and we know what happened last time . " Giving a sigh as she turned and looked at the bartender . " Just bring out the whiskey bottle .. and pour me a double ...leave the bottle . " might as well get drunk as she had a feeling that was the only way she was sleeping tonight . Muttering about masked men and not being able to trust them . Barnbean was a murderer hell that was still hard to swallow .

The other boys seemed to be plotting more chess ...and hell she didn't know how to play . Maybe it was poker ...still not much better . Having changed outfits from earlier as the piano playing didn't seem to go over well . She was dressed as a black cat even had the ears on top of her head and a tail . Sasha was in a playful mood and was wanting a little attention having been so ignored ever since that first dreadful night when that poor woman was murdered .

Starlequin

'Quin stood staring at the carriage assignment posting with a heart that sank like a screen-doored submarine. 'Poor Kyrsa. Poor Marguerite.' 'Poor them?! Screw that noise, poor you! You think we're gonna get lucky enough to survive another one of Sasha's killing sprees?' 'Well...we might,' he thought to himself weakly. 'Dude. We have about as much chance of surviving another night on this loco-motive as...as...aw, hell, I can't even imagine something as likely to die as us!'

He was able to at least take a little comfort in knowing that he wouldn't have to die crowded. Those folks in Carriage B would probably have to share a bunk. 'Idiot. Only you would take comfort in dying in an empty bed.' Starlequin's shoulders slumped and he fell into one of the luxuriously plush lounge chairs, pulling a deck of cards from his coat pocket. Taking his trilby off, he tossed it to the other side of the room and opened the deck, flicking the cards one at a time at the upturned hat. Perhaps one in nine made it into the hat; the others landed scattered about on the car's floor.

'I've never even been to a spa in America; I bet a French one would have been awesome,' he thought dejectedly. 'Quin was sorely tempted to see if maybe the other passengers might let him at least watch the chess matches, but figured they might have still been sore about the whole 'suspected murderer' thing. He decided to just look out the window and watch the mountain ranges roll past. 'Oh, well. At least the brochures were right. This really has been a trip to die for. You just don't get that kind of truth in advertising much these days.'
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Marguerite

Marguerite grabbed her hookah and moved it over to the carriage. "Well, one more smoke for the road," she muttered, shaking her head at the conundrum of less people on board but feeling as if there was no hope for anyone. "Hopefully Ryven did not smoke all of my mint and strawberry."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped into the dining carriage promptly at 8AM the next morning.  Much to her delight and surprise, she saw that there was a considerable cozy atmosphere with the small number in her passenger list that were left.  She was happy that they were having fun and bonding considerably with each other.

However, that happiness would not last long as she remembered her reason for the announcement that she was about to make.  It seemed that there was a good bit of sad news that she had to deliver to her passengers this morning.

There had been a death on board the train during the night. Imogen had been found in her bunk this morning, cold and dead, stabbed in the neck with her on drawing pencil.  Even more chilling was the portrait found next to her dead body, a likeness of herself, painted in her own blood.  The security on board the train weren't able to find anything that might lead to who might have done such a horrible thing.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the young Concierge said, her voice somber.  "It is my regret to inform you that there has been a death last night.  Imogen, whom some of you have already met, was found murdered in her suite this morning.  As of the present time, security is investigating this matter.  If anyone has any information that they might find helpful in this investigating, they are urged to come forward.  It is a sad loss, and she will be missed greatly..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your first post in this thread, following this message, please choose someone from the following list, whom you feel is responsible for Imogen's murder.  The person with the most votes, will unfortunately come to an end of their journey with the Elliquiy Express.

Current List of Players:
Alxnjsh
Kaizen
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Ryven
Sasha
Starlequin
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Remiel

Remiel awoke the next morning fully expecting to hear that either Marguerite or Kyrsa was no more; instead, much to his shock and surprise, it was the lovely artist Imogen who had not survived the night.  That meant, obviously, that one of her compatriots--Ryven, Kaizen, or Alxnjsh (or himself, of course)--had to have done the deed.

"I find it telling," he mumbled to himself, as he inspected Imogen's corpse, looking for clues to the identity of her murderer, "that of the five of us in carriage B last night, the killer chose to eliminate the only woman.  Perhaps to keep all the men to himself?"

He stared at Alxnjsh suspiciously, although, of course, Ryven was equally as suspect.

Sasha

Sasha awoke in an absolutely glorious mood .. finding all the parties that slept in her cabin had survived the night . In on of them giddy up cowgirl moods . She decided to put on her cowboy hat .. add a dash of makeup . Going with that silly innocent look today . As her tummy growled and she headed out to see what delightful options were on the menu today .

Making her way out front ..ordering a cup of java and deciding on some corn beef hash withe a couple eggs over easy and some wheat toast .  Sipping the coffee as it was freshly brewed to a perfection . One thing about this trip the scenery and food were exceptional . the lulling of the train put one into a deep dead like sleep ..some however a bit more literal in that respect . Since several had already woke up in that state anyways .

Oh the dread now at seeing the Pixilicious ...as she stood and spoke of the demise of yet another passenger . Oh my the only woman in a cabin full of men . Gruesome details were revealed about the painting in blood . As of course the breakfast was placed down in front of the woman now . With a heavy sigh ...she picked at her food . As one really did have to consider the possibility that this trip through Europe might be that last thing she ever did at this rate .

Well another tough choice ..as she considered the options of who did it again in her mind . The only woman in the cabinet had her leaning towards Ryven ...though she really wasn't sure the man could paint . She only had heard he collected jock straps some fetish thing he had going . Though surly it was a crude painting done in blood no less and a mockery out of the poor dead woman . Maybe he wasn't enjoying her flamboyant side ..or maybe in that sketch pad of hers she had captured a moment that the man didn't want on display for the world to see .

Either way .. her giddy up and go mood ...rather was leaving her at this moment . Was it so bad to want to wake up one morning with out the declaration that a corpse was now amongst  them . Life so fleeting ..a vibrant artist one day and gone at the snap of a finger the next . This was just dreadful .

Roll Result: Sasha rolled: 1d4
Comment: 1 Ryven 2Kaizen 3Alxnjsh 4Remiel
Result: 1,
Total: 1

Ryven

Ryven woke to find another passenger dead, from his own cabin no less.  This didn't look good, not good at all.  With the only female gone, it shed much suspicion on both he and Alex, but the truth of the matter was, they had both spent the evening together.

"Telling, indeed.  I find it most intriguing that you would offer up such a theory so willingly."  He eyed Remiel suspiciously.

"Or perhaps..."  Ryven continued. "You planned it that way, making either Alex or I an easy scapegoat for your devilish antics!  It's not often I play the Gay card, but when I do, I do it with purpose.  Contrary to popular belief, I don't pine after every male lurking about."  He said in a huff before fetching a drink.

"No, I believe it was you, Remiel.  It would be just like you to leave a memento of your gruesome deed behind for all to see."

HockeyGod

alxnjsh sighed, holding his stomach. Who knew a person could get so motion sick on a train? Thank God Ryven was such a dear and helped him.

"Hmm...I guess it's good I hacked out my kidney in the bathroom last night." He looked around. "Well it can't be Ryven or I. I mean...why waste energy on a woman when there are so many men on the train that are in line before her?" His eyes settled on Remiel.

"On the other hand, perhaps a jealous lover?" alxnjsh shook his head. "You are out." He made four snaps in a z-formation.

Putting his hand in front of his mouth he ran back into the bathroom. "Be...be right back!"

Kye

Kyrsa felt sick, her stomach twisting into knots as she sat there in shock, unable to fathom how there could have been more than one murderer onboard the train.  She shivered slightly as she looked at those who had been in the same car as the victim, seeing them with new eyes.  She did not know who to trust, so she kept her own council.  "I had hoped that the rest of the trip would be safe and quiet, evidently that is not in the cards.  Remiel... I don't know who it could be, but a lot of suspicion seems to be aimed towards you at the moment..."

Remiel

Remiel sighed.  He could see the case against him gaining momentum.  He was hoping to avoid revealing his identity, but he had no other choice at this point.  After all, he couldn't help anyone if he was off the train.

Digging into his pocket, he produced his wallet, flipping it open.  Next to his identification card, which had his unsmiling photo and the word "Interpol", there was a gilded silver badge, emblazoned with the Interpol seal.

"I'm not the murderer.  How can I prove it?  Because I'm actually the security guard, sent here by Interpol to investigate the Elliquiy Express after reports of last year's events."

His eyes roamed over Ryven, Alxnjsh, and Kaizen in turn.  "I was keeping watch all night in the carriage.  The fact that Imogen was still murdered regardless means this: that not only was one out of my three compatriots a murderer, but also that he had to have an accomplice, someone who distracted my attention while the murderer did his grisly work."

Ryven

He gave the badge a once over before staring back at Remiel unconvinced.  "That's all fine and good, but do you think we can actually take your word for it?  After all, I could claim to be the security guard as well, and before you try and back your qualifications up with that badge, let me finish."

"It's easy to obtain a badge.  Why, you could have had it before you boarded the train, either forging or stealing it from an actual guard.  Or maybe you stole it from the security guard already on-board.  In which case, you're both a murderer and a thief.  I'm afraid I'm still not convinced.  My vote stays where it lies unless some other bit of concrete information could be offered."  He said, sipping his cocktail.

HockeyGod

alxnjsh returned from the bathroom refreshed and listed to Remiel's pronouncement. It seemed very much like a cock in a hen house, strutting his stuff and seeming all high and mighty. A likely story. As if a cop had never killed before - they sometimes have the best opportunity.

He barely held in a chuckle. "I think I've seen one of those in a box of Captain Crunch. Did you get a decoder ring with it, murderer? Besides, even if you are with Interpol, you have no power here. Be gone before someone drops a house on you!"

Rolling his eyes he grabbed the chess board. "Up for some chess, Ryven?"

Remiel

"Mmmm hmmmm," said Remiel.  Clearly, he had found the murderer and the accomplice.  The question was, which one was which?

Ryven

"Even if you are right about the accomplice, it's just as likely that you could be him as well which still makes you guilty."  Ryven replied.  He saw that the other man seemed to be getting desperate by making such bold claims.  First a revelation of his supposed role and now accusations of others in the carriage with him.

Sasha

Sasha sat at the bar ...watching and listening . As Remiel stood up declaring he was the security guard and had a shiny badge to prove it .  As she leaned forward ...slipping on some glasses to examine it closer . Well now ..Interpol to investigate the Elliquiy Express after reports of last year's events ?  What ...shakes her head . " SO that is why the tickets were so cheap ....are you saying ...that this train trip last year ended up with murderous results as well . What is it the atmosphere ?  The fine dining ...the collection of too many creative minds in one spot . That turn fun loving people into VILE MURDERERS . " 

As she got off the bar stool ...took a few steps forward and then a couple back .. the whole train was a spinning . Catching her balance finally ..as she glared at alxnjsh and Ryven ......" Well if what he says is true ...that both the murderer and the ..accom piant .. .accupunt ....accompl....oh hell with it . You two are thick as thieves and would not put it past you both to be just as he says . You been up to no good this whole trip , sneaking off together , plotting ..planning ...who knows . And to think you didn't let me in on it . I am hurt ...that's all I got to say on the matter. "  wiggling her little finger at them both . Then moving to put her hand on her head .

As she pulled away ...where to go exactly to get away from this all .as she had a headache now . All this DRAMA ..as she decided maybe putting on her pimp hat might be best . Headed back to her carriage least ti wasn't off limits with a dead body in it . 

After about 20 mins ....she came back out and tossed her hands on her hips .. " OKAY ...we have someone more vile than the likes of a murderer on board ...WE HAVE A THIEF .....NOW WHO STOLE MY PIMP HAT  ...."  as she tapped her foot and looked over everyone . Oh the Sasha was pissed off now ...mean who would dare steal one of her hats .

Kaizen

After witnessing the once civil folks aboard the Elliquiy Express begin to gnash their teeth, the task of determining who the guilty party was becoming increasingly difficult.  Kaizen opted to stay quiet and listen to the debate that unfolded.  It did seem that the passengers were decided on Remiel, however, when he revealed his badge, Kaizen was confused even further.  An undercover cop on board was an asset and he couldn’t just let his fellow passengers evict a man of the law.  Or did he steal it?  Could Imogen have been the cop and Remiel discovered the badge on her dead body and procured the golden shield for himself?  There was also the argument of alxnjsh and Ryven slipping off to ‘play chess’ that did provide a seemingly convenient alibi to plotting a murder.  In addition, it is now apparent that the women are being targeted.  A motive presents itself, a motive that fits the checkerboard killers!  If he had only been able to observe one of their chess games, Kaizen could have easily determined who was the superior strategist and most likely the guilty person.  When alxnjsh suggested that he and Ryven escape for another ‘chess match’ that made up Kai’s mind.  He had a firm suspicion who the killer was.

Kaizen’s attention was abruptly diverted when Sasha burst in the car declaring someone had stolen her pimp hat.  Sinking lower into his chair, Kai remembered that he had forgotten to return it amongst all of the commotion of today’s events.  The woman was furious.  As she gazed across the train car, Kaizen had an instinctive impulse to hide.  He ducked under the dining table hoping that she didn’t see him.  Crawling underneath the tables, Kaizen made his way to the exit in attempt to fetch Sasha’s hat.  As he navigated underneath the tables, Kaizen found the concierge’s shoes and tugged on the bottom of her pants.  When he had her attention, he whispered to her that he thought alxnjsh was the murderer.

Starlequin

'Quin lay sprawled atop the satin sheets on the king-sized bed in his carriage, snoring just loud enough to drown out the rumble of the train. Only the sound of shouting from the nearby Lounge car roused him from slumber, and he woke with a violent start. For several long seconds he lay quietly, afraid to open his eyes to see who among them the Reaper had visited in the night, but he knew his pretender's peace couldn't last. When he rolled over and glared blearily around, he was struck with the surprise of an empty carriage.

'Uh...well. Guess Carriage B must have gotten a little less crowded, then,' he thought as he rose to his feet. 'After all, what are the odds nobody died on this hell train last night?' 'Probably the same as the odds of you trying to calculate the probability of a murder on a luxury train, dude.' 'That...makes no sense.' 'I don't care. It's true; it doesn't need to make sense.' 'Just shut up and lets go get some breakfast.' 'Yeah. And find out who died.'

Starlequin shambled into the lounge just in time to catch Sasha's explosive rant over her missing hat, and to peep Kaizen rabbiting under one of the dining tables to hide from her wrath. Rubbing his eyes beneath his mask, he caught enough snippets of the ongoing conversations to infer that Lady Death had indeed stowed onboard once again, this time stealing away that artistic chick, Imogen.

'I am so, so glad I managed to refrain from falling in love on this trip; I think the repetitive heartbreak would have killed me.' 'Or turned you into a supervillain.' 'Quin rolled his eyes at his internal dialogue, wordlessly making his way toward the breakfast buffet. 'Alright, look. We know that this train is about as safe as...as...' 'As what, Shakespeare?' 'Forget it, I'll finish the metaphor after coffee. The point is, being a passenger on this train is severely unhealthy, and these people don't seem too interested in punishing cold-blooded homicidal maniacs; they let the last one go at a bloody mountain resort!' 'Ah, I get what you're saying. Why don't we confess to a murder and see if we can get thrown off at some posh little French villa?' 'What!? No, you idiot, I was--wait, actually, that's not a bad idea...'

Starlequin mulled over the thought as he sipped at a steaming cup of java, hunched over the bar with his back to the others. The argument between Remiel and the chess pieces seemed to be heating up; wait a minute, so Remiel was a security guard? 'Been doing a top notch job too, I'd say. He's kept it down to one murder a night; with this crew, he must be a member of the Justice League.'

Presently, 'Quin turned from the bar and stared with sad, confused eyes at the occupied concierge, Miss Pixilicious, and wondered what he'd ever done to her that would make her invite him onto this grimly gilded go-go line. 'Well, there was that time you ran over a puppy.' 'That was no puppy, you moron. It was a very large, very angry Doberman. And I didn't run him over; he got hit by an 18-wheeler after chasing me for nine blocks!'

Trapped with a, with a whole pack of probable murderers. Like that, that Ryven fella. Him for sure. Honestly, it was right there in his name. Ryven. Just like all those passengers who had been ryv-...rivven? Ryved? Rivven? Was that a word? It felt like a word...Ripped from the world of the living. He leaned one arm on the bar and cradled his face in his palm, watching the ensuing drama.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.