Lord of the Flies/Swiss Family Robinson

Started by Jester, April 26, 2007, 02:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Would anyone be interested in a game based on a shipwreck/plane crash on an island in the middle of nowhere.

I imagine there starting out as 3-4 people starting out on the island and they could be a family like in swiss family robinson and they work together (or not) to survive the many hostile elements on the island and to build a safe camp.

Equipment found in the game such as guns etc will be recordered so that we are all aware of what equipment the group has. I am wanting every major item in the game to be a challenge to ge.

Adultwise the tension and loneliness could cause sexual frustration amongst the group/family and many things could happen.

Anyway I will elaborate depending on interest and peoples leanings.

RedEve

I like the survivor idea, but I'd prefer playing it with total stranger, who have to get to know each other while surviving in a hostile environment.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Aelroth

I, too, am intrigued by the premise.  A few quick questions though: is it a totally modern setting?  Other than the recording of inventories would the rest of the game be entirely freeform (not that I mind either way, I'm just curious)?

I'm probably also more inclined towards Eve's suggestion of strangers.
My Ons and Offs; if you see anything you like, give me a PM.

Jester

I havent chosen the year. Its the sort of scenario where any year would work.

I think strangers would probably work best as well.

And yes I tend to prefer freeform games. I would be planning on creating storylines and npcing characters but the story will need to be led by the players.

Celestial Goblin

I won't be available for the next week. But when I'm back, I'll gladly join this, yeah!

Tom

I'm also interested in joining this game.

Jester

Ok currently got three men and one women. I shall describe the setting in more detail shortly to attract 1 or 2 more ladies.

Would people prefer a setting in 1812 with pirates and muskets or a modern setting? I am leaning towards 1812.

Tom

I'd be more than happy to play a female character if no one mind me doing so. A historical background might prove interesting too. While it wouldn't affect us much technology wise, being on a deserted island and all, it would affect our mindset a great deal! Especially the role of women.

Aelroth

I've no objection to 1812 as a setting, nor to pbemtom's playing a female character.
My Ons and Offs; if you see anything you like, give me a PM.

Jester

Me neither. I think 1812 is a good date and pbemtom can play a female as well. 

We can let goblin join a little later if we start soonish as i would enjoy having him play.

I will write up a backstory today...

Jester

It was the year 1812, during the reign of George V that the Merchant Navy Galleon HMS Victory on its way to Port Jackson, Austrailia was lost at sea.

The captain, a Lord Gerald Bishop, had lead HMS Victory and 4 other ships from India towards Austrailia looking to create a new life for him and the passengers on their ships. The cargo holds were almost bursting with personal possessions and luxeries purchased on their stay in India.

HMS Victory was seperated from the other ships during a wild storm that lasted 4 days and 4 days. The storm savagely battered both ship, crew and passengers until finally the ship was smashed against the outlying rocks of a large Island somewhere near the West Indies.

After the storm the remains of the ship lay precariously hanging off the edge of the rocks torn in half.

Bodies from the ship were washed up over the next day along the long coastline...It seemed unlikely that any had survived.....

If you are interested then please start sending me character concepts.....

RedEve

How detailed a character profile are you looking for at this point?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Jester

Well i will want a detailed bio but we wont publish much of the details to the site as the game is all about finding out about the other characters and the air of mystery involved in running into someone else.

So perhaps the following:

Name:
Profession:

History:

Looks:

Personality: And how it might change in certain situations.

Try and be creative and I can always tone you down. I want real humans though.

Jester

I have had one application so far.

Any more coming in?

kasen03

Is this game still open?  Unfortunatly my RL will at time cause me to have absences for a couple days in a spell...but I'm curious to join it.

It's an interesting concept anyways :)  What do you think about having a character who couldn't speak the same language as the rest of the survivors... I know it was done in Survivor.. I just like the idea of it myself :)

Jester

Sounds fine. But i seem to have lost interest from some people.

I only have one application in at the moment.

Celestial Goblin

Jester

red eve are you still interested? and pbemtom?

Celestial Goblin

I might expand on it later, but here it is:

Mark Firedale, 28 years old, British gentry.
Tall and muscular man with short brown hair and a handsome face. Ambitious and domineering but with little resistance towards criticism. Mark always tries to show himself as the top man but is easy to embarass and put down. Obsessive at being best in things and quickly discouraged by hard work. Served eight years in the military, barely attaining the position of sargeant.

Tom

Quote from: comedyjester on May 06, 2007, 06:44:50 AM
red eve are you still interested? and pbemtom?

I'm still interested. You got my bio?

Jester

Yep just got it.

So far we have two players. I think that could be enough and we can pick up others as we go along. I will also NPC some as well.

Agreed?

Unless we have any last minute interest?

brittney

hope you're still looking for characters!

Name: Pari Patel
Profession: Runaway

History: Pari grew up in a typical Indian household, always obeying her mother and father and keeping her eyes downcast as she spoke politely to all. She completed her chores without direction, spent most of her time cleaning the house or completing her duties in the market, and there was never a time when her father had cause to be angry with her.

That was, until the day he announced that she would be marrying her father's business partner, a man twenty years her senior. Though she had always been polite to him, she had felt a strange uneasiness around him. When she dared to voice her opinion on the matter of her marriage, her father had backhanded her for the first time in her life.

That night, she had packed a bag of clothing and food and snuck off to the docks to slip onto one of the boats. It was her ill-fortune to one on the ship that veered off-course during the storm....

Looks: Pari is an Indian beauty, with dusky, unblemished skin and a firm body. She dresses in the traditional sari and keeps her dark eyes directed to the ground whenever speaking. Her dark hair she wears coiled inot a loose bun that is then wrapped in a beautiful head cloth. When unpinned, her hair reaches to the swell of her ass.

Personality: Pari is usually very calm and gentle, though there are times when she feels frustrated with her life and wishes to become something more than a dutiful wife and mother. Despite the bravery that sent her stowing away on a ship, she is hardly ever bold or daring. She tends to be a bit timid and uncertain, especially when dealing with strangers.

Jester

Looks good.

Will setup the game later today.

brittney

Far eyes

Is this game still accepting people?  :)

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0