Out in the Cold (Kokiru2 and Seara)

Started by Seara, May 21, 2008, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seara

(her intro posted to me via im)

Cold snow fell over a town in a distant place, it was night and many were in due to the warning of heavily falling snow outside.
However a lone being shuffled it's way through the streets, it had not a thread of clothing on it's body.
It's frame thin and frail, clearly showing starvation, on it's legs and arms there were matted and dirty fur.

As well as a long tail and flat laid ears laid to a head, with long messy dirty brownish gray hair that once like it's fur had been brilliant white.
When looked closer it become clear it was a small boy.
Ice blue eyes scanned the street and he scooted over scared when one of the upper class men, decided to give him a good kick.

When left alone the boy shuffled on and managed to sniff out some food, he tipped over a trashcan and dug into it happily.

Seara

Anzu had to leave the house, her daughter needed milk, and her husband was too sick to be able to go and get it for them. She had put off leaving as long as she could, walking quickly her head pressed against the wind, her arms wrapped around her slender frame, to help shield herself against the cold she pressed on towards the tiny corner store. She cut down the alley, her black hair tangling around her eyes as she walked. She had to stop and brush it out of her big brown eyes.

Taking a short cut down the alley, she heard something rustling, as if something was hitting a trashcan. She wondered if it was a stray cat, nothing could survive out in this cold for long, deciding to investigate, taking a deep breath she looked over the side of the trash can. “Oooh you poor thing, don’t eat that it looks rotten it will make you sick!”

Her big brown eyes are furrowed with worry, it may have been a bit of a shock to see a fox-boy in the garbage can, but her motherly instincts take over right away. Maybe she can convince the poor thing to come home with her, he did not look as if he has eaten in days, and although they did not have much to spare, she could squeeze an extra portion or two out of what they did have.

Kokiru2

Kit moaned out at the kick. Boy did he hate humans they were all so mean. 'Why did they have to act like this?' he wondered to himself. He then shook the thought off and eagerly went to the trash can to get some food for dinner. He was starving!

Then someone came near him. Someone human. He was scared but he smelled no fear on him nor hatred ,though he feared humans he wanted to see what this one wanted. He sniffed eagerly. It was true he could read and write and speak human but he was still weary.

Seara

Anzu crouches down near the can, speaking softly, “Come on out, I won’t hurt you, you can follow me home if you would like. It is warm there and nothing will harm you.” She reaches a hand out towards him hoping that he will at least sniff the offered hand. She couldn’t bear to think of leaving him out here in the cold of the night.

Shivering herself she waited to see if he was come near her or if she is going to have to coax him more. Her heart almost aches for the creature, she wasn’t sure if her husband would feel the same but he could be convinced if he didn’t like the thought of bringing another person into the house. Her hand creeps closer letting him get her smell before she touches him.

Kokiru2

The hybrid fox , shaking form cold and fear, eagerly looked at the young woman. She was going slow as not to hurt him, and he could smell the tension in the air. He was scared to move and did not want to get hurt by the woman but she seemed like a nice motherly type, like his own mother had been.

He liked how the human spoke. She had the sweetest voice of all the land. It was only polite to answer after all , but he was still afraid of her. "Im scared... how do I know you will not hurt me?" he asked her shyly.

Seara

She smiles, he can speak, that is a relief for her to hear. She goes slow still but she stops just shy of him, making him come the rest of the way towards her. “I won’t hurt you I swear, and I have food at my house. I will cook something that tastes much better then what you are eating at the moment” She makes sure to keep her voice soft and gentle, shivering more as the cold seems to just penetrate her bones.

“Please, it is cold and you will freeze to death if you stay out here. We will be kind, I just need to go to the store then we can go to my warm, dry home and have some hot supper around a table.” Her teeth begin to chatter as she waits for the fox to trust her enough to come with her.

Kokiru2

Since Kit is naked, even though he is covered in dirty matted fur, he shivers in the snow blown wind. He backs up a little when she comes near him. He does not know if it would be okay to trust this lady or not. He decides to take a risk and comes froward to sniff at her hand. It smells of sweet smells, something like roses to his nose.

The tension in the air has gone away some, but he still is unsure. Though the lady is right, if he stayed out here he would freeze to death. He sighs, standing up in the cold wind. He walks to her slowly, looks at her with needed trust in his eyes and says "Fine, I will go with you, but if you hurt me..." he trails off not sure how to finish that seeing how he can not fight or hunt.