SINS Academy Interest Check! [applications re-open] Students and Sins required.

Started by Rave, November 23, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rave

Quote from: Assassini on November 28, 2014, 03:38:28 PM
Cheers for the compliment. Is there anything you'd prefer I change though if it would make your life easier? Honestly everything you just said is stuff I wasn't really aware of in terms of the lore of this game. Specifically, I had no idea about the whole "memories don't often return" thing, but if you're happy that it doesn't breach the lore then I guess that doesn't need changing. I did vaguely remember about the tortured human thing which is why I tried to make his life as a human sound pretty depressing following corruption by a demon, but I could edit the story easily to make his "reincarnation" as a demon be 100 years after his death (so he spent a lot of time in Hell to be tormented).

More importantly, I must have forgotten that a demon had to be infected by a Primary Sin, because that does make Guy's destruction of his creator somewhat more difficult to explain away... I guess I was under the impression it could really be any kind of powerful demon which could theoretically recruit more souls to be demons and it was one of these such creatures which Guy destroyed. If this is not the case then I guess there are ways I could edit the backstory to make it fit better. Because I quite like the moment of catharsis when he destroys his "creator" I'd like to keep a version of that, but I could change the demon he destroyed to be some greater Wrath demon who was just sent to keep an eye on Guy. Alternatively, and more controversially, the thing he destroyed could have been an Avatar/close servant of our very own Wrath played by Bubby (with diminished powers naturally). Might add a little previous interaction between the two characters. Whatever the case, I'm happy to make changes if you'd like.

An increase in the number of years he'd been tortured in Hell would be more fitting, but aside from that you're fine. He has the qualifications being a Knight rather than a regular human to have his memories return, and while I won't be allowing this often, you've justified it, so you're fine.

As for his tormentor, I feel like it's not much of a problem. You simply stick a label on him. Decide which kind of Demon he was that would fit your story most likely (I would imagine Wrath) and that's the primary Sin he was infected by. If you want to play out something with Bubby though, confer with her then shoot it by me in PMs and we'll see!

Assassini

Quote from: Rave on November 28, 2014, 03:43:06 PM
An increase in the number of years he'd been tortured in Hell would be more fitting, but aside from that you're fine. He has the qualifications being a Knight rather than a regular human to have his memories return, and while I won't be allowing this often, you've justified it, so you're fine.

As for his tormentor, I feel like it's not much of a problem. You simply stick a label on him. Decide which kind of Demon he was that would fit your story most likely (I would imagine Wrath) and that's the primary Sin he was infected by. If you want to play out something with Bubby though, confer with her then shoot it by me in PMs and we'll see!

A'ight, I'll give the story a wee edit. Shouldn't be too hard, actually to make the changes required.

Out of interest can I assume that, because you didn't mention it, you are fine with my character having changed from Wrath to a Sloth demon?

bubby

Quote from: Assassini on November 28, 2014, 03:38:28 PM
Cheers for the compliment. Is there anything you'd prefer I change though if it would make your life easier? Honestly everything you just said is stuff I wasn't really aware of in terms of the lore of this game. Specifically, I had no idea about the whole "memories don't often return" thing, but if you're happy that it doesn't breach the lore then I guess that doesn't need changing. I did vaguely remember about the tortured human thing which is why I tried to make his life as a human sound pretty depressing following corruption by a demon, but I could edit the story easily to make his "reincarnation" as a demon be 100 years after his death (so he spent a lot of time in Hell to be tormented).

More importantly, I must have forgotten that a demon had to be infected by a Primary Sin, because that does make Guy's destruction of his creator somewhat more difficult to explain away... I guess I was under the impression it could really be any kind of powerful demon which could theoretically recruit more souls to be demons and it was one of these such creatures which Guy destroyed. If this is not the case then I guess there are ways I could edit the backstory to make it fit better. Because I quite like the moment of catharsis when he destroys his "creator" I'd like to keep a version of that, but I could change the demon he destroyed to be some greater Wrath demon who was just sent to keep an eye on Guy. Alternatively, and more controversially, the thing he destroyed could have been an Avatar/close servant of our very own Wrath played by Bubby (with diminished powers naturally). Might add a little previous interaction between the two characters. Whatever the case, I'm happy to make changes if you'd like.

Interesting concept, and actually one that might be a great possibility. PM me your thoughts and anything you might have to elaborate on  this idea. I'm off to work right meow, but whatever thoughts you have on the subject I'll check out when I get home tonight, and I have the weekend off, so we could collaborate.

Bibliophilia

Name : Myung-Dae "Dae"
Sex : Male
Classification : Corporate Shark
House : Greed

Position : Student
Year : 3rd

Skills: Dae is exceedingly charming and smooth, always self-confident and quite skilled at handling any given situation to his advantage.  He speaks multiple languages and has a keen mind for human business, making him a corporate nightmare, or dream, depending which side of the table he is on.
Powers: Infernal Deals are his main source of power.  He has offered up his wicked services to many corporate entities in exchange for souls, or simply out of the goodness of his heart, as long as his work will bring about more destruction and ruination of human lives.  He also has the unrealized potential of financial manipulation, which means he can "find" money.  This ranges from "discovering" a twenty in his pocket(a twenty that was once in the wallet of whomever he'd targeted), to shifting massive amounts of funds around in banking systems.  He doesn't need physical contact with the person or the system, simply concentration and line of sight.  This power is not yet apparent, and it will take time to develop.

Minor Self-Alterations are sometimes required when dealing with the corporate world.  Depending on his role, he may make himself shorter, or taller, leaner or more broad, more masculine or delicate, hair longer or shorter, but his changes are relatively minor and they are made to influence the impression he makes in his deals.

Height : 6'1"
Weight / Body type : Lean and toned, swimmer's body.
Hair : Black
Skin : Dusky
Eyes : Black
Distinguishing Features : When not working, he often has tattoos, but they change with his mood and whim.

Likes : Corporate maneuvering, iron-clad contracts, hostile take-overs, desperate humans, the long-term investment, fashion, cigarettes, gambling
Dislikes :Loopholes, contentment, the little guy, mom and pop businesses, righteous indignation, pretentious people, failure

About:
"What's more important to you, Mr. Fenworth, sleeping well at night, or keeping your company?  Because, frankly, they make drugs to help with the former, and there's no coming back from having your company go belly-up and all your investors finding out what you've really been doing with their money.  Ahh.  See, I knew you'd make the wise choice.  Now, just sign on the dotted line."

I had your typical demonic childhood, apart from my early fascination with the human world, and, in particular, their financial and business dealings.  I was probably the only demon with a subscription to the Wall Street Journal and China Daily.  I swiftly learned how things worked, and decided that I wanted to put my theories into practice...but only insofar as it benefited me in some way.

You'd be surprised how many businessmen utter, or think, the phrase 'I'd sell my soul...'  I happen to know, because I can hear every instance and sometimes I respond.  They never know what they're doing.  All they know is the well-known, much feared corporate shark Myung-Dae has offered his services in exchange for a few 'minor' sacrifices on their part.  There's no contract, usually, no official signing over of their soul.  No.  See, all they have to do is fire a few hundred people, or change one of their suppliers.  They know that I wouldn't be asking for this if it didn't help me in some way, but they have no idea the true destruction that their actions cause.  Even if they did...they'd still take those actions.

I'm attending the school to expand my powers.  I know that I can do more, be more, and I want that.  There's no better goal in life than self-improvement and the accumulation of power.

Labels : Shark, dragon, heartless, secret weapon, corporate nuke

Sexuality : Bisexual
Sexual On's and Offs :
Ons: Power games, tug-of-war flirtations, aggressive foreplay, unbridled passion, secret sexual play (like handjobs under a table)
Offs: See O/O's for more detailed info about both ons and offs.
Player : Bibliophilia

Angie

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 28, 2014, 04:54:03 PM

Skills: Dae is exceedingly charming and smooth, always self-confident and quite skilled at handling any given situation to his advantage.  He speaks multiple languages and has a keen mind for human business, making him a corporate nightmare, or dream, depending which side of the table he is on.
Powers: Infernal Deals are his main source of power.  He has offered up his wicked services to many corporate entities in exchange for souls, or simply out of the goodness of his heart, as long as his work will bring about more destruction and ruination of human lives.  He also has the unrealized potential of financial manipulation, which means he can "find" money.  This ranges from "discovering" a twenty in his pocket(a twenty that was once in the wallet of whomever he'd targeted), to shifting massive amounts of funds around in banking systems.  He doesn't need physical contact with the person or the system, simply concentration and line of sight.  This power is not yet apparent, and it will take time to develop.

Minor Self-Alterations are sometimes required when dealing with the corporate world.  Depending on his role, he may make himself shorter, or taller, leaner or more broad, more masculine or delicate, hair longer or shorter, but his changes are relatively minor and they are made to influence the impression he makes in his deals.

Distinguishing Features : When not working, he often has tattoos, but they change with his mood and whim.

Likes : Corporate maneuvering, iron-clad contracts, hostile take-overs, desperate humans, the long-term investment, fashion, cigarettes, gambling
Dislikes :Loopholes, contentment, the little guy, mom and pop businesses, righteous indignation, pretentious people, failure

About:
"What's more important to you, Mr. Fenworth, sleeping well at night, or keeping your company?  Because, frankly, they make drugs to help with the former, and there's no coming back from having your company go belly-up and all your investors finding out what you've really been doing with their money.  Ahh.  See, I knew you'd make the wise choice.  Now, just sign on the dotted line.

I had your typical demonic childhood, apart from my early fascination with the human world, and, in particular, their financial and business dealings.  I was probably the only demon with a subscription to the Wall Street Journal and China Daily.  I swiftly learned how things worked, and decided that I wanted to put my theories into practice...but only insofar as it benefited me in some way.

You'd be surprised how many businessmen utter, or think, the phrase 'I'd sell my soul...'  I happen to know, because I can hear every instance and sometimes I respond.  They never know what they're doing.  All they know is the well-known, much feared corporate shark Myung-Dae has offered his services in exchange for a few 'minor' sacrifices on their part.  There's no contract, usually, no official signing over of their soul.  No.  See, all they have to do is fire a few hundred people, or change one of their suppliers.  They know that I wouldn't be asking for this if it didn't help me in some way, but they have no idea the true destruction that their actions cause.  Even if they did...they'd still take those actions.

I'm attending the school to expand my powers.  I know that I can do more, be more, and I want that.  There's no better goal in life than self-improvement and the accumulation of power.

Sexual On's and Offs :
Ons: Power games, tug-of-war flirtations, aggressive foreplay, unbridled passion, secret sexual play (like handjobs under a table)

"So Mr. O'Steele, what do you do for a living?" "Financial Transfers." PAYDAY 2 Reference for the win!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Clio

About:
"What's more important to you, Mr. Fenworth, sleeping well at night, or keeping your company?  Because, frankly, they make drugs to help with the former, and there's no coming back from having your company go belly-up and all your investors finding out what you've really been doing with their money.  Ahh.  See, I knew you'd make the wise choice.  Now, just sign on the dotted line."

Sexual On's and Offs :

Ooh. I like the secret sexual play. That is something I love in stories as well. :)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Rel Mayer

Awesome

About:

Sexual On's and Offs :

I was seriously just looking at this guy on my tumblr and was very tempted to do something like this!

Love it though! So cool!

xPeachyPuff

Oh my. Bibliophilia he is so freaking hot. Love his character too!

- Rainbow ♡

Clio

Okay. I've made a list of all the face-claims from this game, although since a few people chose multiple models for their single characters, it was a bit confusing...lol. Any models that don't have links will either be made into an entry soon, or is unable to be made into one.

Faculty:
Avarice...Natalie Dormer
Carey Schlafrig...Erin Smith; Unknown Stock Model; Unknown Stock Model; Unknown Model; Unknown Tattoo Model
Charon...Mads Mikkelsen
Ira...Eva Green
Ji-In Cho...Ji-In Cho
Lilith...Vanessa Marcil
Malcontent...Jason Isaacs
Samael Abaddon...Sid Vicious
Veradis...Miles Better

Students:
Aether-Walker...Gerrad Bohl
Benedict Salacia...Charles Michael Davis
Damian...Stefanos Milatos
David Aquilius...Matt Woodhouse
Dawn Zanarius...Foroogh Mahafsoun; Disa Braun; Decemeber Death; Ivanica
Fenrir...Ivan Moody
Frankie...Axel Takahashi; Alla Bondarenko; Tayla Barter
Leasick...Henry Cavill
Lee Min-Hee 'Minnie'...Kim Chan Mi
Loretta Lyle...Mette Lindberg
Maggie...Jessica Alba
Nitya 'Mi' Young...Lee Hyori
Portia...Jessamyne Rose
Rald Luther...Ian Bohen
Sarah...Unknown Model
Tzaphkelili 'Kayla'...Michelle Monaghan
Vinea...Alina Phillips

Angie

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 28, 2014, 06:57:43 PM
Okay. I've made a list of all the face-claims from this game, although since a few people chose multiple models for their single characters, it was a bit confusing...lol. Any models that don't have links will either be made into an entry soon, or is unable to be made into one.

Faculty:
Avarice...Natalie Dormer
Carey Schlafrig...Erin Smith; Unknown Stock Model; Unknown Stock Model; Unknown Model; Unknown Tattoo Model
Charon...Mads Mikkelsen
Ira...Eva Green
Ji-In Cho...Ji-In Cho
Lilith...Vanessa Marcil
Malcontent...Jason Isaacs
Samael Abaddon...Sid Vicious
Veradis...Miles Better

Students:
Aether-Walker...Gerrad Bohl
Benedict Salacia...Charles Michael Davis
Damian...Stefanos Milatos
David Aquilius...Matt Woodhouse
Dawn Zanarius...Foroogh Mahafsoun; Disa Braun; Decemeber Death; Ivanica
Fenrir...Ivan Moody
Frankie...Axel Takahashi; Alla Bondarenko; Tayla Barter
Leasick...Henry Cavill
Lee Min-Hee 'Minnie'...Kim Chan Mi
Loretta Lyle...Mette Lindberg
Maggie...Jessica Alba
Nitya 'Mi' Young...Lee Hyori
Portia...Jessamyne Rose
Rald Luther...Ian Bohen
Sarah...Unknown Model
Tzaphkelili 'Kayla'...Michelle Monaghan
Vinea...Alina Phillips

Huh. I didn't even know I was claiming anyone.

Clio

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 28, 2014, 06:58:33 PM
Huh. I didn't even know I was claiming anyone.

Not 'claiming' necessarily, but the pictures/models you used for your character. :)

Angie

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 28, 2014, 06:59:46 PM
Not 'claiming' necessarily, but the pictures/models you used for your character. :)

I seriously just went on Google and grabbed a few images. *Shrug*

Clio

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 28, 2014, 07:00:49 PM
I seriously just went on Google and grabbed a few images. *Shrug*

That's what I figured. I just like to know what models people use for their character if they have one. I used to make lists like this for group games, and I thought I'd get back into it.

Oh, and I only used the characters who are already in the approved character thread, so if someone isn't there, I haven't added them to the list yet.

aya

Christa, you sure know your models! :)
I've browsed your thread before in the past, but it's more impressive in person :P

Clio

Quote from: aya on November 28, 2014, 07:10:08 PM
Christa, you sure know your models! :)
I've browsed your thread before in the past, but it's more impressive in person :P

Haha. Thanks. A lot of models I have to search for, but sometimes even I can't find them. I try to make entries on all that I find, but sometimes they don't have enough information or pictures to make one. I know it's weird and obsessive, but I think people usually like to know the name of their model so that they can find more pictures if need be. At least, a lot of people I've written with do. :)

aya

I think it's cool. Helpful too, I used to search for pictures for my characters but recently I've found it easier to just pick a model. Lots of nice, consistent pictures and details make it easier on the muse.

Clio

Quote from: aya on November 28, 2014, 07:13:53 PM
I think it's cool. Helpful too, I used to search for pictures for my characters but recently I've found it easier to just pick a model. Lots of nice, consistent pictures and details make it easier on the muse.

*nods* And especially in a group game, where you use a little picture in your header, it's nice to be able to rotate the picture according to mood or such.

Bibliophilia

-grins.-  Very nice, Christa.  My newest character's model is Sung Jin Park, so you don't need to search if he gets approved.

Clio

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 28, 2014, 07:17:38 PM
-grins.-  Very nice, Christa.  My newest character's model is Sung Jin Park, so you don't need to search if he gets approved.

Thanks. :)

Brazen Endeavors

Done.  Might undergo minor revisions because I'm not quite happy with how it's written, but meh... 

In any case, if accepted, my character just might need someone to latch on to, as per her personality.  It does not have to be sexual.

Here she is.

Name : Anneliese Lally
Sex : Female
Classification : Solitary Sin

Year : Second Year

Skills:
Fades to Background -- With quiet demeanor and passive personality, the seeming youth is oft forgotten when others speak around her.

Confidante -- Many people look upon this unassuming and quiet form with favor, and find themselves divulging innermost secrets. 

Powers:
A Giving Compulsion -- Her innocent appearance and veneer of polite praise encourages others to gift her, and often.  This is a developing talent, rather small now but innate through most of her life.

Whispers in the Dark -- This newfound power requires concentration on a specific target over the course of days.  A mere echo in dreams in attempts to sway a target to her way of thinking.

Height : 5'3
Weight / Body type : Slender
Hair : Red
Skin : Porcelain
Eyes : Blue
Distinguishing Features : "Quod abundat non obstat"; a Latin script along her ribcage on the left side.  In opposition, in both meaning and placement, is "Radix malorum est cupiditas   " just under right shoulderblade -- a symbol of polarity.

Likes : Trinkets and gifts, being adored from afar, subtle exploitation.
Dislikes: Loud noises, confrontation.

About:  "Inopiae desunt multa, avaritiae omnia." To poverty many things are lacking; to avarice, everything. A plaque of blue lettering on black background adorns the entry to her room..

"I would not profess to speak of myself.. Pride is no sin of mine.."

To speak a story better untold, for simple lack of splendor..  Youth alone gives so little opportunity for narrative.  A birth of lusts conjoined amidst bickering and squalor produced wide-eyed child of unassuming manner.  Nothing stood out; no pulse of strength and power in which creators could find a source of pride.  Perhaps her only saving grace was a rare streak of compassion on part of mother, to smuggle her through to realm of earth and deposit her there to rot, instead of allowing others feast on tender entrails.

More luck saw her found by passerbys, soon turned to authorities and then to state home.  She was by nature a quiet child, keeping to herself.  In school, her 'friends' were stronger, voracious defenders of the girl who was smaller, weaker, and so rarely whispered evils of others that she must be believed.  Magpie-like tendencies manifested early, in form of both gifts and trophies.. small trinkets hidden under bed or loose floorboard, admired in private.  She thrilled at these private attentions, at her private treasures.  She excelled at her games of power behind the scenes, learning again and again to start from scratch when shifted to another foster home.

At age of sixteen, the girl had amassed enough hidden fortune (a small one, really, to bankroll a life of her own) to earn freedom away from foster care.  She found herself gravitating nigh immediate to powerful men, easily manipulated by a pretty face and soft voice.  How easy it was to rule from bed, to take what she wanted without dirtying delicate hands..

This drifting lifestyle of relative comfort suited the blossoming woman, though she remained slender and pixie-like in body.  Older men enjoyed her physical appeal immensely, and she was rarely found wanting.  In private, Anne wondered if something was wrong.  She turned to less reputable resources in her search for explanation, yet it was only when she found obscure texts of Demonology in Latin that she felt a resonant chord.  Late at night, surrounded by the dim glow of solitary candle's flame, she whispered of the secrets she had learned and, scarce into her thirtieth year, she was answered...

None other than the form of her mother answered, disgust twisting her fair features at the hearkening of offspring.  It was revealed with scorn and contempt her orgins, her lineage.  She was disparaged for such weakness, cursed for her lacking of demonic power.  Anneliese stood dumbfounded, scarce believing infernal blood ran through her veins and granted her this eternal youth that she had taken so for granted.  Her evil deeds were catalogued without remorse, though tears shimmered in her overlarge eyes.  Finally, beseeching, she threw herself at her mother's feet and begged for a taste of home.

To Hell was she bound; a world apart from what she knew.  What hardships she had endured on Earth paled into comparison to the depths and lands of her brethren.  She was an easy target, of course, and it was only by falling to her own ways -- by attaching herself to someone stronger -- did she find recourse to survival.  She learned, too, to consider meekness an asset, to fade into background.  So very successful was she that secrets were spilled, lending power to those she allied with, and granting her more in return.  And yet she was fledgling still, jumping upon chance to return to a gentler Earth and learn how to become something when she was regarded so strongly as nothing. 

Labels :  Unobtrusive, weak, wallflower, leech..

Sexuality : Bisexual with male preference. 
Sexual On's and Offs : Brazen's o/o's

Player : Brazen Endeavors
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Clio

Ooh! A redheaded model I didn't know about! Thanks Brazen. :)

Brazen Endeavors

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 28, 2014, 08:12:17 PM
Ooh! A redheaded model I didn't know about! Thanks Brazen. :)

I fell in love with Nina Burns last year.  She's better as a red-head, methinks.
..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Clio

Quote from: Brazen Endeavors on November 28, 2014, 08:13:49 PM
I fell in love with Nina Burns last year.  She's better as a red-head, methinks.

I haven't watched ANTM for ages, so I'm not up to date on any of the models that come from it unless they reach me somehow. I didn't know about Nina, but I love her now!

Brazen Endeavors

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 28, 2014, 08:16:10 PM
I haven't watched ANTM for ages, so I'm not up to date on any of the models that come from it unless they reach me somehow. I didn't know about Nina, but I love her now!
I haven't been watching it, either -- I just stumbled upon her and was suddenly swept up in googling fever.  She now has quite the file in my computer.
...come play with me?...
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi