RPG/JRPG What are you playing now?

Started by Oreo, November 27, 2015, 03:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Currently replaying Trails of Cold Steel to get ready for the release of Part 2 next month.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oreo

Annnnd, now enjoying the heck out of part 2. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Sasquatch421

I've finally said to heck with it and nabbed both Tales of Xillia 1&2 for a decent price. At the moment I'm laughing my ass off at the skits for Tales of Xillia.... The bondage skit is my currant fav mainly for the look on Milla's face!

Oreo

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on September 17, 2016, 07:23:03 PM
I've finally said to heck with it and nabbed both Tales of Xillia 1&2 for a decent price. At the moment I'm laughing my ass off at the skits for Tales of Xillia.... The bondage skit is my currant fav mainly for the look on Milla's face!

OMG I adore the skits in the Tales series, especially Xillia. I hope you enjoy the games as much as I and hubby did. He didn't want to play because he prefers CGI type graphics, but once he tried Xillia he was hooked.

Sasquatch421

I'm really loving the first Xillia, though from everything I've heard the debt system of the second might slow things for me a bit. I've had to do a bit of dancing since the memory space on my PS3 doesn't compare to my 360. So I've done some adjustments and nabbed the rest of the FF13 series for that to work with. Yall will get to mess with 15 before me though as I'm waiting before upgrading my systems.

Mathim

Citizens of Earth is a fun one, I've got it on Wii U.

Replaying Final Fantasy X...maybe for a little bit. Going for a max stats run but I think I have to replay the one I started a bit ago, but this time with all the Al Bhed Primers already found.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oreo

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on September 17, 2016, 07:54:58 PM
I'm really loving the first Xillia, though from everything I've heard the debt system of the second might slow things for me a bit. I've had to do a bit of dancing since the memory space on my PS3 doesn't compare to my 360. So I've done some adjustments and nabbed the rest of the FF13 series for that to work with. Yall will get to mess with 15 before me though as I'm waiting before upgrading my systems.
The debt system kind of threw me for a loop when it happened, but it is much easier to do than I expected. What I loved most was collecting the cats in 2. ;D Best total game side quest ever! If you find you like the games and haven't tried Tales of Graces f yet, you might like that one too.

Same problem for me with the storage space. I wish the PS systems allowed for external HDs. It makes it so much easier to play my games.

Oreo

Quote from: Mathim on September 17, 2016, 07:58:13 PM
Citizens of Earth is a fun one, I've got it on Wii U.

Replaying Final Fantasy X...maybe for a little bit. Going for a max stats run but I think I have to replay the one I started a bit ago, but this time with all the Al Bhed Primers already found.
Did you get the new remastered FF X, with the new leveling chart?

Mathim

Quote from: Oreo on September 17, 2016, 08:08:06 PM
Did you get the new remastered FF X, with the new leveling chart?

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like the Expert Grid is really that advantageous. I'll stick with the modified classic that lets you learn new abilities like Distill Spheres.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oreo

Quote from: Mathim on September 17, 2016, 10:01:55 PM
Yeah, but it doesn't seem like the Expert Grid is really that advantageous. I'll stick with the modified classic that lets you learn new abilities like Distill Spheres.
For me the HD remaster was my first time playing so it felt natural to me.

Mathim

Quote from: Oreo on September 17, 2016, 10:11:25 PM
For me the HD remaster was my first time playing so it felt natural to me.

It's not a significant difference (it seldom is in these remakes/remasters) but it's still a good game and I like that it bundles X-2 in it as well.

Oreo

*nods* I am really looking forward to XII coming out in HD. I hope they fix the camera axis. I get so tired of turning the opposite way from where I want to go.

Formless

Quote from: Oreo on September 17, 2016, 10:42:52 PM
*nods* I am really looking forward to XII coming out in HD. I hope they fix the camera axis. I get so tired of turning the opposite way from where I want to go.

I have a score to settle with Yiazmat. ::)

Oreo

Quote from: Formless on September 17, 2016, 11:20:42 PM
I have a score to settle with Yiazmat. ::)
He looks terrifying. I didn't get that far. I was going to continue playing, but saw they were doing a remaster and decided to wait for the possible axis change. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but it plays hard ball with my balance.

Formless

Quote from: Oreo on September 17, 2016, 11:27:22 PM
He looks terrifying. I didn't get that far. I was going to continue playing, but saw they were doing a remaster and decided to wait for the possible axis change. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but it plays hard ball with my balance.

I can't recall how the camera work was for FF12. I abandoned the game when my memory card corrupted all save files. But I hope they polish it well in the remaster. ;D

Oreo

Quote from: Formless on September 17, 2016, 11:29:26 PM
I can't recall how the camera work was for FF12. I abandoned the game when my memory card corrupted all save files. But I hope they polish it well in the remaster. ;D
It was all really good, but the XY axis is backward. Kind of like driving a car and you need to turn the steering wheel to the left to make a right hand turn. Not good. Many of the older Japanese games are the same way. Lately they have been making menu options to reverse and invert the camera angles.

Mathim

Quote from: Oreo on September 17, 2016, 10:42:52 PM

I hope it's not just on PS4, I want to get an XBox 1 instead because Sony's getting on my nerves. But I haven't played XII, it sounded like the battle system was too great a departure from the standard JRPG.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Oreo on September 17, 2016, 08:04:13 PM
The debt system kind of threw me for a loop when it happened, but it is much easier to do than I expected. What I loved most was collecting the cats in 2. ;D Best total game side quest ever! If you find you like the games and haven't tried Tales of Graces f yet, you might like that one too.

Same problem for me with the storage space. I wish the PS systems allowed for external HDs. It makes it so much easier to play my games.

Haven't had the chance to play Graces f yet... Perhaps I'll have it in the queue for after the Xilia's.

thaumaturgeterashi

I've played quite a few Sqare Enix games in my day.

To completion:
FF1,4,7,8,10,12,T,TA, DQ3,4,5,8
Played a great deal:
FF2,5,6,9,10-2, DQ1,9, DQM1,DQJ1
Played a little
FF3,13, DQ2, DQM2
Haven't played
FF11,14,TA2, DQ6,7, DQJ2

The one I miss the most is FFT.  Sure, having multiple playable races was nice, and I kinda liked learning spells and abilities from gear.  But TA's story was atrocious. "Escaping the real world is bad and you should feel bad." Get a life, MC. (Can never remember the name of TA's MC.)

Oreo

I am still playing Trails of Cold Steel 2, but am anxiously waiting for World of Final Fantasy to be mailed out tonight for Tuesday delivery.

Hunter

Quote from: Mathim on September 18, 2016, 09:10:05 AM
I hope it's not just on PS4, I want to get an XBox 1 instead because Sony's getting on my nerves. But I haven't played XII, it sounded like the battle system was too great a departure from the standard JRPG.
It shifted from the traditional turn based to a more continuous combat system.  Granted, the ability to set behavior patterns (cast spell under certain conditions, target selection, etc) made it actually possible to afk level ...for once.

Twisted Crow

Final Fantasy IX on PC. It's been forever since I've played my old PSX version, but the game is still a lot of fun.

Oreo

I'm still playing FFXV, but anxiously awaiting Tales of Berseria on the 24th.

Morrowclaw

I'm planning to do a run through of Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia and Tales of Zestiria.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Oreo

First time? Or a repeat play through, jc?