News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

he also has a push away too

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on January 16, 2013, 01:23:14 AM
Sounds sorta like a two-part Nautilus grab?

yeah, but not as good as either.  It is more of a minor displacement.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 16, 2013, 02:20:56 AM
yeah, but not as good as either.  It is more of a minor displacement.

Hopefully it isn't as bad as you think it is.  I'd hate to think they'd give a tank a half-ass initiate.

apygoos

from the gameplay I've seen, its a full on pull like darius or blitz, but the same skill can be used to push a group of enemies away too, so it can serve as both an initiate and disengage.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on January 16, 2013, 04:25:49 AM
Hopefully it isn't as bad as you think it is.  I'd hate to think they'd give a tank a half-ass initiate.

Okay they must have changed the grab recently as now you pull them a few paces forward with the stun then you pull yourself in and behind them.

Sex Bobomb

*Pouts* Riven and Talon nerfs. Boo.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on January 16, 2013, 11:17:25 AM
*Pouts* Riven and Talon nerfs. Boo.

That Eve nerf.. No more mid domination with Eve for me.

Shjade

Eve's ult needed the nerf bat. I turned around far too many games with Eve just by hitting level 11. It was silly powerful.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on January 16, 2013, 12:31:59 PM
Eve's ult needed the nerf bat. I turned around far too many games with Eve just by hitting level 11. It was silly powerful.

And now it is reduced to total crap.  Eve now has to initiate with it, which means she gets blown up and dies automatically.  Sorry but the nerf to her ult is crap and the increase in mana to her poke is just as bad.  If they where planning on forcing her to now initiate, they needed to buff her health and defenses. 

Shjade

Well, no, I was initiating with it already. Massive slow + massive damage on most of the enemy team + a big shield on Eve to buffer her rush toward the nearest squishy carry? Yes please!

It's the 150 range reduction that it badly needed. That thing was an unforgiving nuke you could drop on an entire enemy team at pretty dang long range and, since Eve is one of the fastest things in the game combined with her ult slowing all those juicy targets, it meant she could basically kill anything she wanted before the enemy even had a chance to see her coming.

You might have been using her ult as more of an execute, and that's fine, but it worked extremely well for initiating teamfights before and still will, just requiring her to risk being spotted out of stealth to hit multiple targets now whereas there was no such risk before. I'm fine with that. Eve has plenty of other tools to chase someone down for a kill; using her ult for that purpose was a waste even if it was effective when it could have a much bigger impact used to initiate a teamfight that will then be dramatically in her team's favor.

Edit: while not necessarily aiming for crowds in teamfights, this is also how pros tend to use her. [noembed]Count how many times Alex Ich pops ult+DFG to engage on someone compared to how often he last hits someone with it it.[/noembed] [noembed]Great example on this one at around 28:40[/noembed] where Eve waits to drop her ult on both the major enemy carries and a support, doing hefty damage and essentially making them unable to either escape or contribute to the subsequent 3v5 happening below them while Eve follows up on the two crippled squishies. Team easily cleans up. Happens again at 32:40, though Ez escapes that time he still can't get involved in the following teamfight at all aside from throwing his ult at them.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Fuck it, not playing pvp unless I'm in a premade.  I'm so sick of initiating and then getting left with my dick in the wind because they don't want to go in. 

SneakyGuy

Welcome to the world of Leona, Amumu, Malphite, Maokai... If you initiate and the others don't follow, you are always fucked up. Only very few champions can initiate and be fine with this, Like Gragas, who scatters the enemy team, or Blitz with his grab. But then again Blitz can pretty easily fuck his whole team with a single grab.
O&O

Shjade

Blitz-grabbing Amumu into your team is always good for a laugh. =D
◕/◕'s

SneakyGuy

I once grabbed a flashing Kog'maw, who promptly died from my E and then took us with him.
O&O

Shjade

"Us?" Your team couldn't split up to avoid a Kog blast? Ouch. :x
◕/◕'s

apygoos

Dat Kayle skin, do not know if want..
oh well I need riot point to begin with, but alas, no money >.<

Shjade

They keep adding cool skins to champions I don't like to play. D:
◕/◕'s

SneakyGuy

"Us" refers to the bot lane. Me and Ez.

Kayle skin isn't bad, at least it is much better than Varus's skin. But still, bucks for nothing. Next time they'll bring us something like Batter Trundle and Geisha Karma. Or Heavens forbid, another Teemo skin.
O&O

Revelation

Not sure if you're joking or not because there basically is a batter trundle.

Anyway! I like the Kayle skin a lot. Might get it once I get some moolah. But as is, the only legendary I regularly use is Nocturnes.

SneakyGuy

Oh, there is? Seems I've already started to guess what is in Riot's heads. Honestly, I've never really bothered to check Trundle's skins. I really struggle to figure out, what kind of team composition can benefit from him. Or Karma. Or Nasus. Or Heimerdinger. Guess whose skins I also haven't checked. Although the stargate skin of Nasus is kind of cool, I once saw it in action.
O&O

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 17, 2013, 06:50:50 PM
Fuck it, not playing pvp unless I'm in a premade.  I'm so sick of initiating and then getting left with my dick in the wind because they don't want to go in.

Let's all get together and play then. D:  We keep talking about it but it never happens!

Revelation

Lil Slugger trundle was released in 2010, if I recall correctly. One of his base skins.

Shjade

Sakura Karma has been a thing forever as well as far as I know.

As for what composition benefits from their use, they fit into most of the same roles as other tanky dps junglers/protective supports, respectively. They just don't fulfill those roles as well as newer champions. Karma's actually pretty great, but she doesn't have a fight-deciding ult like Sona or Zyra or Nami. She's sorta like what Lulu would be if she didn't have her ultimate. Trundle can get remarkably tanky at almost no cost just by using his ult on the right target, but he lacks the tools to be as threatening as Kha'zix or Cho'gath or Riven or Darius or etc. etc.

It's not really that they don't fit into the meta. They're just outclassed.
◕/◕'s

SneakyGuy

Pretty much the same, Shjade, for whatever you want, there is always a better choice. Not even always a newer choice. Karma may be actually able to fit in the new 3v3, since she is more useful when supporting melee rather than ranged, but I dislike the new TT too much to care. She also can't compete with other supports that lack game-changing ulties, like Taric or Alistar.

Anivia, Karthus, Katharina and Twisted Fate are as old as Heimerdinger and still radically more useful than him.

Trundle's most attractive quality for me, apart from just being tanky is the remarkable reduction of crowd control effects on him. About the same as Irelia. But both she and Olaf in his ulti are way more useful for reaching and crunching squishies.

O&O

Revelation

I would argue against a champion like Katarina being counted as 'old'. Sure she was one of the originals... But she got a recently significant change to her skills for the most part, including a completely new skill that replaced one of her old ones.