Metal and other types of music

Started by Kane Gunlock, January 06, 2010, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane Gunlock

I'm new here and I was wondering if any one else is in to Heavy metal or music like that here are some of my fav's

3 Inches of Blood

Tool

Pink Floyd

megadeth

gorillaz

Paladin

I'm into Dragonforce and a few other like that. Mostly though I like all kinds of music except for rap. I consider it Crap without the C.

Kane Gunlock

I agree for the most part but early rap ain't bad run DMC public enemy and tupac weren't bad hell anthrax did a cover of bring the noise with Public Enemy it was alright but for the most part yea pretty much

do you listen to Dethklok at all ?

Chevalier des Poissons

-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

HairyHeretic

I prefer older stuff myself. Late 70s into the 80s, and sporadic bits and pieces from there onwards. My current playlist includes Guns N Roses, Steppenwolf, Led Zepplin, WASP, Ramones, Pantera, Manowar, Black Sabbath, Lordi, ZZ Top and AC/DC. My tastes are somewhat varied.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kane Gunlock

not really in to the whole 80's hair metal thing

Serephino

I like a bit of everything; not a huge fan of heavy metal though.  I like gothic metal bands like Evanescence and Within Temptation. 

Kane Gunlock

try melodic deth metal thats some awesome stuff great instrumentals

Kane Gunlock

Lilias

I like a lot of the metal spectrum, and about as much that may or may not be considered metal, depending on who you ask. My teens were defined by the hair metal explosion of the 80s; although I still have a soft spot for acts like Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Winger etc, I have gravitated to more epic/symphonic (Blind Guardian, Apocalyptica, Sonata Arctica) and gothic (The Mission, Paradise Lost, Anathema) flavours. Over the last few years, I've found my niche in FFM - female fronted metal; bands like Nightwish, Epica, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, After Forever, Delain...
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Kane Gunlock

will if your in to that stuff your A GNR Fan right ?

Nico

It really, really depends on my mood. I'm generally more a Techno and Trance guy, but now and then, some Metal isn't bad.

Tool is great, no doubt, and I really like the 80th stuff too. Led Zepplin, AC/CD.

I can't stomach Death Metal, though.

Darkcide

Quote from: Paladin on January 06, 2010, 10:17:47 PM
I'm into Dragonforce and a few other like that. Mostly though I like all kinds of music except for rap. I consider it Crap without the C.

I take it you don't listen to a lot of rap. I don't mean to pick, but people who try to degrade rap/hip hop as a genre off of the stuff they might hear on the radio without giving the serious artists a try tend to get under my skin. I ask you to listen to any number of these songs and tell me if rap is still crap. There are a lot of brilliant artists who feel passionately about their art. What turns you off about it? Can't relate? The presentation? The language?

However to stay on topic, I'm a huge metal head and working on starting my own band. My favorite band currently is Mastodon.

Cage-Stripes
Cage - Stripes

Joe Budden-Three Sides to a story
Three Sides to a Story - Joe Budden

Lupe Fiasco-Little Weapon
Little Weapon - Lupe Fiasco

Q-Unique-The Set Up
Q-Unique-The Set Up

Ras Kass-Interview With A Vampire
Ras Kass - Interview With A Vampire

Chino-XL-Skin
Chino XL - Skin

Ill Bill-Anatomy of a School Shooting
Ill Bill - The Anatomy Of A School Shooting

Killah Priest-Salvation
Killah Priest - Salvation

Cee Lo-Big Ole Words
cee- lo big ole words (damn)

Mos Def-Mathematics
Mos Def Mathematics

Blackstar-Respiration
Respiration with Lyrics

Jedi Mind Tricks-Razorblade Salvation
Jedi Mind Tricks - Razorblade Salvation

Jedi Mind Tricks feat RA The Rugged Man-Uncommon Valor(A Vietnam Story)
Jedi Mind Tricks- Uncommon Valor (A Vietnam Story)

Saigon-The Color Purple
Saigon - The Color Purple

Z-Ro-Man Cry
Man Cry

Busta Rhymes Feat Stevie Wonder-Been Through The Storm
busta rhymes - Been Through The Storm (Feat. - The Big Bang

I could

Darkcide

Oh and speaking of metal. I recently got tickets to see Megadeth/Slayer next month. This is so big for me, I think for most of my life the two groups have hated one another especially Kerry King and Dave Mustaine. So to see them touring is an awesome sign, maybe Dave is mellowing out. Since he squashed the beef with Metallica. I think Testament is supposed to be opening.

Kane Gunlock

Paradox

Although some of the bands that Hairy mentioned did indeed have rather extravagant hair, they don't really epitomize the hair bands of the 80's. You're thinking more along the lines of KISS.

Like Hairy, I prefer older metal. Give me Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, or Metallica any day.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Mr Self Destruct

My Top Ten:

Nine Inch Nails, Tool/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer (grouped together because its all Maynard the Man), Pantera, Fear Factory, Dethklok, Deftones, Five Finger Death Punch, Amon Amarth, Cradle of Filth, and System of a Down.

They're most common on my playlists on my mp3 player, computer, CD player, etc.

I'm also into Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains, more melodic grunge from my high school days.  Smashing Pumpkins is a big one, as is Primus and Nirvana.  There are just too many to list, really. lol

Samael

On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Wyrd

Personally, I think that most main stream metal is shit. I like alot of the underground Folk, Black Death and Power Metal bands.

Mt top 10 would be

-Blind Guardian
-Elvenking
-Wintersun
-Ensiferum
-Dissection
-Falconer
-Dimmu Borgir
-Stratovarius
-Iced Earth
-Dark Moor

Ragtime Dandies!