News:

Main Menu

Memorial Day

Started by Blitzy, May 30, 2011, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitzy

Just hoping everyone is having a good holiday weekend (Americans, at least!). But let's not forget what it's about...

This song/video always makes me very sad, but very proud, for those that serve our country and protect us with their lives. Remember them.

Five Finger Death Punch Far From Home
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Kuroneko

Thanks for posting that, Blitzy.  Very moving.

My dad was a career Naval Officer, and though I was very little at the time, I still remember when he was in Vietnam. 

To all the military personnel here, you have my heartfelt thanks for all you do. 
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Oniya

Black Wall

STYX- "Show Me The Way"

Thank you - all of you.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Speaking as a Disabled Vet, thank you.

Speaking to the boys and girls who followed after me and those before me: Thank you for serving, and please stay to the high grass and shadows and walk with care. Come home to us fit, hale and sound.

Beguile's Mistress

I have deep respect and appreciation for the sacrifices our military and their families and friends make on behalf of our nation and its citizens.  I've lost schoolmates, friends and a fiance but for each I've lost another has come home safe and sound to take up his/her life again.

On another note I saw this on "The View" episode I recorded.

Kaziah Hancock is a Utah artist who paints portraits of fallen US servicemen and women for their families.  She contacts those families and requests photographs and stories from the family member and even talks to them via phone calls to learn their stories.  She and several other artists have painted over 3000 portraits so far because they care.  The choice to have this done is left to family.