PM E-mail Notifications

Started by Silverfyre, March 16, 2012, 11:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

I currently use G-mail for my PM email notifications and I have noticed lately that they have been either not showing up at all via email or have been arriving a day or two later.  Is anyone else having this issue with the site or do you all think it might be Gmail?  No other emails have been affected as far as those I am receiving from non-Elliquiy senders but still, it's worth asking.  Thanks!

Autumn Sativus

For the record, I had this problem with both hotmail and gmail in the past and simply gave up using email notifications as a result. Not much use 24-48 hours after the fact. :-\ At the time, I was told it was a result of using hotmail/gmail but I can't say if that's still the case.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Beguile's Mistress

I use gmail and have no problem at all with any of the notifications I have set.  Even emails forward from my other email accounts to my gmail account are received promptly.

Silverfyre

Hm, strange.  It might just be the server my gmail account sits on or something.  ~Shrugs~  I'm getting the notifications eventually but it's been a bit sluggish.

Raveled

Double-check that your spam filter isn't grabbing it. I've had gmail flag notifications from E and two other forums as spam before.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Beguile's Mistress

Also check your settings and/or do a Google search for information forums that discuss Google related issues like yours.  If this happens all the time you may have notifications set for once a day.  You can change it to immediate.

Silverfyre

Yeah, those were amongst the first things I checked.  I also toggled the e-mail notification settings and made sure everything was set up that way.  Elli is added to my contacts list to prevent spam filter grabbing so I'm still scratching my head about it all.  Oh well, they are trickling in but I was curious if anyone else was experiencing this.

Beguile's Mistress

I'm sorry that's happening, Silver.  I can't think of anything else to suggest but if I do I'll let you know.

Silverfyre

Oh, it's a minor nuisance at best and I really appreciate your help. :)

Oreo

I don't seem to be having any trouble with mine coming through either. I get a delay with the bubble notices from Digsby, notifying me that I have a Gmail from E, but even that is only a matter of minutes.

Perhaps it will clear up soon. *hugs* Are you using all the new upgrades? (I ask because I am not using them, and wonder if they might be glitchy.)

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Silverfyre

Yeah, I'm running at the latest and greatest as they say.  ~Shrugs~ It will clear itself up I bet.  I just got a bunch of backlogged notifications for PMs so I am thinking it is indeed Gmail.

Autumn Sativus

Veks mentioned when I posted about this issue a couple years ago that it tends to plague a single user account for a few days and then resolve itself. So hopefully it won't last.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~