Round Robin Rules (READ FIRST!)

Started by persephone325, January 31, 2018, 12:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Hello there! Welcome to the Round Robin board! Let me give you the primer. :-)

The Round Robin

For those of you unfamiliar with the round robin, it's a term used to describe a type of storytelling that is comprised of multiple parties. There is an order to it; person 1 writes a bit, then it moves on to person 2 who contributes a bit, then so on and so forth. A big difference between this and, say, collaborative writing, is that a round robin can be more like a group Mad-Lib. The story can start out serious, but then change to something funny or lighthearted in the very next post. Or vice-versa. About 99% of the time, the writers involved won't even know what they're writing about until the Story Guide gives them a subject. If you ever had to do "popcorn" in school, this is quite similar to that.

Rules

• Please do not post out of turn, unless the Story Guide has given you permission.
  • If you are not signed up to be a part of the Round Robin, please do not post in the story thread. Feel free to post in the discussion thread, however!
  • Please leave your post open-ended, unless you are ending the story. You'll know if you're ending the story when the Story Guide says so.
  • If you are part of the current Round Robin, please make your post in a timely manner. For shorter Round Robins, there will be a 72 hour (3 day) time limit. For longer Round Robins, there will be a 120 hour (5 day) time limit. If you do not make your post within the time limit, your turn will be skipped.

• The limit for finishing stories will be thus: short stories should take about a month, medium length stories should take about 2 months, and long stories should take around 4 months.
  • Each Round Robin will consist of at least 3 writers. Turn order will be decided randomly.

• The maximum participants for short stories is 4 writers, and the maximum participants for long stories is 5-6 writers.

• Short Round Robins have a maximum of three paragraphs per post. Longer Round Robins have a maximum of five paragraphs per post.
  • Paragraphs have no set length, but should contribute something to the story; something the next writer can expand upon.
  • Because this forum is in a public area, stories should not contain explicit sexual material! If I see anything that violates this rule, I will edit out the content from your post (or delete it completely) and give you a warning. Any subsequent offenses will be dealt with by the staff.

• If any other member catches a post like this, please don't hesitate to click the "Report to moderator" button! I can only catch so much myself. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."