New sticky for the Introduction board?

Started by MusicNeverDies, April 13, 2009, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicNeverDies

I've noticed a growing trend in the number of unapproved members starting Roleplays while their application is pending, to get a better feel for E, practice their RPing, meet fellow members/applicants, ect. I'm suggesting a sticky for them in the Introductions board where they can post their Non-Adult RP idea. A request posted in that thread would be more likely to be viewed than in an indivuduals intro thread, and less likely to be lost due to the sometimes fast paced conversation of the Doormat.

Instead of further cluttering the One/one request thread (which unapproved members are asked not to post in anyways), or making a bunch of new threads or even a sub board, just have one nice catchall for unapproved to find partners (approved or unapproved) and discuss their game (since they don't have the luxury of PMs) then be on their way.

I think the first post could have the specific reminders to make sure they only suggest game ideas that are Non-Adult, the link to where they post the thread once they have a partner, a reminder to not post personal info, ect, I'd be glad to write something up, or leave it to the staff.

Vekseid

New members can no longer post in the request boards. It's been this way for a week now.

MusicNeverDies

Which is why I'm asking about the usefulness of a thread in the Introductions board, which they can post in.