My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

BlueMaiden88

YEP!  The addition of star trek references tickled me.  Especially that parasprite episode.  You see what I'm saying about them bringing in various 'mythologies'.  Even the modern ones get attention in some way. 

Tribbles scare me, though.

Oniya

Quote from: BlueMaiden88 on March 31, 2014, 01:05:06 PM
YEP!  The addition of star trek references tickled me.  Especially that parasprite episode.  You see what I'm saying about them bringing in various 'mythologies'.  Even the modern ones get attention in some way. 

Tribbles scare me, though.

Maybe you're part Klingon?  :D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

JayNighte

...Parasprites...are...flying Tribbles.
*facehooves*
Don't know how I didn't make that connection.

BlueMaiden88

@Oniya: ...Well, I'm told I look like one when I concentrate really hard.  I frown a lot when I'm working on something tedious.  XD

@JayNighte: It's ok.  I won't judge you for not recognizing the reference.  Others might, but at least I won't. 

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Oniya on March 31, 2014, 09:57:35 PM
Maybe you're part Klingon?  :D

Klingons aren't scared of tribbles. They just find them horrendously annoying. Too irritating to eat live, too unappealing to eat dead.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

And too furry to use as reactor fuel.  Seriously - ever had to clean out the filter on one of those things?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Ember Star

Okay. Who watched the finale!?!?!
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Cassandra LeMay

I just did and I really enjoyed tremendously.

The Fight against the Big Bad
For a moment there I didn't know if I was watching MLP or Dragonball Z. ;D But I guess that was needed to show how seriously powerful that combined Alicorn magic is.

The Mysterious Chest
Maybe I missed something in an earlier episode (or in the finale), but what exactly was in that chest? I assume it was the "cosmic strength", raw magic of friendship?
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

GanonDwarf

I loved it myself.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Discord was great in this episode.  He had twists and turns, and it looks like he's going to be even more of a mane character now. The DBZ battle was great, the chest ending was a little like.."I don't get it." But you know, still rad.

I have a feeling, any questions left unanswered may be answered in the new movie.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Ember Star

The Chest
The "rainbow of friendship" was in it. Generation 1 reference,  basically it's raw friendship magic power, more powerful than even the elements were. Although it's still the elements. Plus the castle, which was like a reward for proving themselves the true spirits of the elements, plus Twilight just needed a castle. Lol.

Ember Star

What's in the chest
Here , I found it. It was called Rainbow of Light in Gen1

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Rainbow_of_Light

ulthakptah

What's in the box?
Apparently the magic of 80's glam rock.

Jusey1

I am a huge fan of the cartoon, you can say...

<3s Derpy Hooves btw.

Zeth

Well since no one I know in real life comes here... I proudly admit I am a Closet MLP fan. Where can I get episodes of the first season without killing myself. Everywhere I look it is season 2 or up, after the first five episodes.

Ember Star

YouTube and DailyMotion are where I watch them. You may have to search by episode as Hasbro took down most of the YouTube channels that had play lists. However, DM doesnt get as much attention so you might find a brony who has uploaded them all there

Cassandra LeMay

You should find almost any episode in these playlists on DailyMotion. It's where I satisfy my MLP cravings, but there are more playlists like that on DM. Click me, I'm a link
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Zeth

I was going to post a MLP meme, but I can't find it. *Shakes fist at internet.*

Mikem

QuoteWell since no one I know in real life comes here... I proudly admit I am a Closet MLP fan.

You shouldn't act like enjoying a children's cartoon show is a taboo. Disney is the epitome of Made for Children, yet massive amounts of adults love the crap out of whatever they poop out. If you love the show and someone you know in real life finds out and chooses to be a douche about it, then that's their problem, you shouldn't feel bad that you're a fan. Feeling like you have to "hide in the closet" and keep your enjoyment of the show a secret, it just fans the flames.

So c'mon everypony, smile smile smile. Fill your hearts up with sunshine, sunshine.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Ember Star

I think the taboo is more the fact that the previous generations (especially 3.5) got such a rap for being a "little girls" show. I have a friend who loves cartoons, but totally freaked out over boys watching MLP. Finally he watched an episode or two and realized it wasn't what he thought it was. He, being my age, had 3.5 burned into his head as what a MLP cartoon would be.

Zeth

Quote from: Ember Star on July 29, 2014, 09:14:24 AM
I think the taboo is more the fact that the previous generations (especially 3.5) got such a rap for being a "little girls" show. I have a friend who loves cartoons, but totally freaked out over boys watching MLP. Finally he watched an episode or two and realized it wasn't what he thought it was. He, being my age, had 3.5 burned into his head as what a MLP cartoon would be.

The way you say 3.5 makes me think of D&D and shudder.  :-\

Chris Brady

Quote from: Mikem on July 29, 2014, 06:13:21 AM
You shouldn't act like enjoying a children's cartoon show is a taboo. Disney is the epitome of Made for Children, yet massive amounts of adults love the crap out of whatever they poop out.
For the record, Disney prides itself on making content for every age group (Do you honestly think that Pirates of The Caribbean is for kids?) that's why they bought Marvel in the first place.  They had very little content for the 12-14 year old boy range, so they wanted something to shore up that deficiency.

So don't be shy liking whatever it is you like, because out there, someone (and maybe not Disney) is making something for you to enjoy.  And frankly, no matter how old you are, if you enjoy it, then...  Enjoy it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

This is also why they have the Touchstone imprint.  Armageddon, Pretty Woman, and Dead Poets Society all came out of the Disney studios.

Mikem

Have some ponies?

I made this using a creator, free vector resources and an image editor.

I have a bit of a gallery where this came from.

I deleted my deviantART account...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs