Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Yep, she can have her license already unless you would rather write it out. Lol maybe she failed the first time. :P

Jag

She most certainly failed two or three times before getting it right. *nods*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Wolfy

I kind of want to join...but it's all so daunting and involved. @-@

Flower

Not sure if it helps but we've have people join that haven't ever been in group games before and excell. And then, there were people who did not really like the set up at all.

Either way, Hogwarts is what you make of it. Classes and "game events" are not required. It's just an added option in case you want some variety from writing day to day activities. I say take baby steps and write what you can handle.

Emjay

Quote from: Wolfy on April 21, 2015, 05:01:49 PM
I kind of want to join...but it's all so daunting and involved. @-@

I know it seems that way but trust me you can get the hang of it and Flower and I are both here to help. HAF was my first group game ever. I joined it not long after joining E so its not as scary as it looks xD
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

GnothiSeauton

*replants interest flag*

Debating a few various ideas.

No idea what I want to do.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Make a wicked dude that would take advantage of my girls.  ::)  -coughs- I mean make someone nice. xD

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 21, 2015, 05:15:29 PM
Make a wicked dude that would take advantage of my girls.  ::)  -coughs- I mean make someone nice. xD

That would be character idea number 147.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

la dame en noir

Well- I want to join, but I'm quite intimidated by the writers already in the thread and considering. But, I shall stick around and see what my muse wants.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Flower

Message me if you want La Dame and I can try to help you come up with a concept. We're all pretty nice. xD

All these writers are just fluffy kittens (waiting to be petted). And if you hate cats, have a puppy. :P

Blythe

Hehe, erm, if the coding thing has not made me seem off putting, I am tentatively interested. I do have some questions; it's possible they are already answered in the provided information, and if so, I apologize. The amount of information is a little intimidating, but I am trying my best to read it all. I have never been part of a big group before. It may be that my interest might not work out, but I would kick myself if I didn't at least ask questions. :)

* How often would we be expected to post?

* If we want to play a pureblood, we can attach them to an already existing pureblood family (we don't have to make our own family line), right? I am considering a pureblood who attends Beaubatons. ^^

Also, if there are any character shortages, I would be happy to consider making a character to fill a need in the group.

Aiden

This game looks good and I plan on joining.

*Cheesy grin and thumbs up*

Keldia

Quote from: Aiden on April 21, 2015, 05:38:10 PM

I know we aren't supposed to post personal pics of people but this is one of Aiden IRL.

Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

Jag

Quote from: Aiden on April 21, 2015, 05:38:10 PM

*fans self*

How did you know Gai is my fantasy man?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Emjay

Quote from: Blythe on April 21, 2015, 05:35:43 PM
Hehe, erm, if the coding thing has not made me seem off putting, I am tentatively interested. I do have some questions; it's possible they are already answered in the provided information, and if so, I apologize. The amount of information is a little intimidating, but I am trying my best to read it all. I have never been part of a big group before. It may be that my interest might not work out, but I would kick myself if I didn't at least ask questions. :)

* How often would we be expected to post?

* If we want to play a pureblood, we can attach them to an already existing pureblood house (we don't have to make our own house), right? I am considering a pureblood who attends Beaubatons. ^^

Also, if there are any character shortages, I would be happy to consider making a character to fill a need in the group.

That really wasn't your fault and you guys did a great job helping out and no need to apologize we are happy to answer any and all questions.

*You can post as often as you like. Just do whatever feels comfortable for you. We have people that post really quickly and others take weeks/months.

*Yes if you are making a pureblood you can attach them to a pre-existing house. We just ask that you PM the creator of that family for permission and to map out the connection within the family tree. You'll see that the names of the writers are next to the family trees.

As for character shortages we always need male characters and Slytherins but people can make whatever they feel comfortable with.  ;D
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Blythe

Oooh, there is a need for Slytherins!? And male characters? *very happy*

*ponders* I will have to see if I can come up with a compelling concept in a day or two, and if I make a pureblood, I will be sure to PM the creator of a family to ask their permission.  :-)

Timeless

Yesssshhh, to all the people who are interested and I even know some familiar faces! ;____; *is so excited and glomps everyone!*

Also, Blythe~ <33333 *squees* If you need a pureblood family, like say from England, I do have a pureblood family though I have yet to tackle the family tree as of yet. I do plan to do the very layout of it though. I also have one pureblood family hailing from China too.

The only other pureblood family I had tackle is one of Flower's, which is a Polish pureblood family of Pietruszewski, but yeah. XD!

Silver

I know that I almost played JWA before I got taken away by RL, I was wondering if that was going to be starting up again as well? If not I am kinda interested in this and not planning on go anywhere anytime soon.... *fingers crossed*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

King Serperior

Quote from: Emjay on April 21, 2015, 05:42:19 PM
As for character shortages we always need male characters and Slytherins but people can make whatever they feel comfortable with.  ;D
*Puts up a possible reinterest*

I know that my last attempt went south, but I am interested in an idea I have been thinking about:  In a family that has, for the last 200 years, produced only Hufflepuffs, my character becomes the first in many, many generations to become another house.....and that house is Slytherin!  This idea came to me when I was rereading the books recently and made me think of the Black Family with their all-Slytherin family minus Sirius being Griffindor.

The only thing that worries me about the idea is a family tree as it was extremely daunting the first time and this time, it looks even more daunting.  D:

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Flower

Quote from: Silver on April 21, 2015, 05:58:27 PM
I know that I almost played JWA before I got taken away by RL, I was wondering if that was going to be starting up again as well? If not I am kinda interested in this and not planning on go anywhere anytime soon.... *fingers crossed*

To my knowledge, Aiden does not intend to set up JWA any time soon. Did you make a character specifically for that game? It can be tweaked to fit Hogwarts. It shouldn't be that difficult since JWA was intended as a jumping board into the main one.  :-) If not, I can always help you with the new one!

Quote from: King Serperior on April 21, 2015, 05:59:41 PM
*Puts up a possible reinterest*

I know that my last attempt went south, but I am interested in an idea I have been thinking about:  In a family that has, for the last 200 years, produced only Hufflepuffs, my character becomes the first in many, many generations to become another house.....and that house is Slytherin!  This idea came to me when I was rereading the books recently and made me think of the Black Family with their all-Slytherin family minus Sirius being Griffindor.

The only thing that worries me about the idea is a family tree as it was extremely daunting the first time and this time, it looks even more daunting.  D:

Welcome back, KS! I don't believe we have a pureblood family with just hufflepuffs so yours would be original. xD I'm sure once you get started...the time will just fly by. You could have a half-blood student that parents were in Hufflepuff and had biases against Slytherins in the past. It isn't the same but it's similar. I like the idea of your Hufflepuff though because they could potentially deviate from the norm.  :-) Not every Slytherin has to be a douche and not everyone Ravenclaw has to be smart in a traditional way. Aiden has a character that loathes class but its more of an innovator, creating prototypes for new technology.

Hopefully that helps. <3

Silver

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 21, 2015, 06:10:44 PM
To my knowledge, Aiden does not intend to set up JWA any time soon. Did you make a character specifically for that game? It can be tweaked to fit Hogwarts. It shouldn't be that difficult since JWA was intended as a jumping board into the main one.  :-) If not, I can always help you with the new one!

Actually I did! I still do have the character sheet for that game saved and it seems that my face claim is still up for grabs. I suppose that I'll open it up and take a look at what needs to be tweaked. Hopefully I don't become stumped! *gets excited a bit*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Flower

If you do become stumped, we're only one click away. I would rather if you ask either Emjay or me rather than spend hours searching for an answer (potentially becoming frustrated).

Hogwarts needs an archive section. >.>

King Serperior

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 21, 2015, 06:10:44 PM
Welcome back, KS! I don't believe we have a pureblood family with just hufflepuffs so yours would be original. xD I'm sure once you get started...the time will just fly by. You could have a half-blood student that parents were in Hufflepuff and had biases against Slytherins in the past. It isn't the same but it's similar. I like the idea of your Hufflepuff though because they could potentially deviate from the norm.  :-) Not every Slytherin has to be a douche and not everyone Ravenclaw has to be smart in a traditional way. Aiden has a character that loathes class but its more of an innovator, creating prototypes for new technology.

Hopefully that helps. <3
Well, another option is that there is an established Pure Blood family that doesn't have Slytherins or really dislikes them and my character idea follows that path to become one even though he hates them as well.  The reasoning that he becomes what he hates is that he is full of venom towards the House and anyone in it, which is so bad that he 'qualifies' to become one in a twisted, cruel fate.  :o

Honestly, the family tree is the most intimidating thing for me because I don't know how to get the thing off the ground.  I guess it depends on how large I need to make the tree, depending on how many years of Pure Blood Hufflepuffs I make the family.  That said, I like this character concept as he has to fight his own nature and biases, perhaps realizing that he is a Slytherin because of the venom, hatred, and bias against them!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Emjay

Quote from: King Serperior on April 21, 2015, 06:22:48 PM
Well, another option is that there is an established Pure Blood family that doesn't have Slytherins or really dislikes them and my character idea follows that path to become one even though he hates them as well.  The reasoning that he becomes what he hates is that he is full of venom towards the House and anyone in it, which is so bad that he 'qualifies' to become one in a twisted, cruel fate.  :o

Honestly, the family tree is the most intimidating thing for me because I don't know how to get the thing off the ground.  I guess it depends on how large I need to make the tree, depending on how many years of Pure Blood Hufflepuffs I make the family.  That said, I like this character concept as he has to fight his own nature and biases, perhaps realizing that he is a Slytherin because of the venom, hatred, and bias against them!

I know the family tree seems daunting but its really not as difficult as it looks.

The steps are this:

1. Look through the list and pick a country that has NOT been chosen yet
2. Pick a surname
3. Who is your character's parents, who is your character's paternal & maternal grandparents, who is you character's paternal & maternal great-grandparent's, who is your character's paternal & paternal great-great grandparents?
4. Your pureblood tree is now complete.

If you have any questions throughout the process please PM us and we'll do our best to help you out. I don't think there are any pureblood families that don't have any Slytherins/hate Slytherins. If you want to connect your family with anyone else's please PM them first before you do so.

Other than that your concept sounds great.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]