Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

So... Is there anymore room for another collage sophomore...  I already have everything written up and just need to post it.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Pockets

Denied and removed.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Adonis

Pockets - After discussing this with the other GM's, relations of canon characters (no matter how obscure), are no longer permissible. You've got the son of Charles Xavier already (granted it's through some other dimensional stuff that makes my head hurt a little), and for us, he's enough to handle already. If you'd like a canon, we would enjoy seeing the sheet. However, if you don't want canon, original characters (and we mean original as in not related to the already popular heroes), we'd be more than happy to take a look.

Virgil - Im going to have to deny the sheet as a whole. Astral/Planar Entities are a no-no, as listed in the ruleset that we have had up for a few months now. I fully appreciate the intricacy of the character however, and thank you for the time you spent in creating it.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

SinXAzgard21

Character:

Code-Name: Overdrive
Ethnicity:  Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status:  Single
Team Affiliation: College Sophomore
Position at the School: Student

Appearance:

Hair: Dark brown but usually buzzed off
Eyes:  Green
Skin: Slightly tanned
Weight: 185
Height: 6'1
Other: N/A

Date Of Birth: January 12, 1990
Place Of Birth: Boston Massachusetts, Boston Medical Center
Citizenship: US Citizen

Information:

Personality: Seth is a very self improving person, always needing to be better than the day before.  He works well in groups, though needs to learn to follow orders with a bit more finesse.

Background:  Seth was born to a middle class family, mom was a waitress at a local restaurant while dad was never really home as he drove trucks cross country.  No siblings that he knew of, though there were jokes his mother would say about the 'other family' he keeps running to. 

Around the age of twelve, Seth's powers manifested as he got into a fight with another child in the school yard.  He could feel a swell of energy as the boys punches hit him, every time it felt as if the boy was losing power in his attacks.  Seth unknowingly let loose the power as he pushed the boy away from him, knocking him through the crowd of students.  No one ever talked with him again, not even his parents.

Seth no longer could stand being ignored and unwelcome, he left home at the age of thirteen wandering the streets and unaware of how to control his 'ability' which only caused him more and more trouble.  He was found by Xavier wandering the streets near the school and after showing his ability and not being judged, Seth never looked back. 

Since then, Seth is now able to control his ability and is attending collage in which this year he is a sophomore.

Mother:

Name: Jamie Johstun
Race: human

Father:

Name: Travis Johstun
Race: human

Other Relatives:
None.

Powers:
Major: Kinetic Absorption- The ability to take kinetic energy from an object or attacker in motion and apply it into: Speed, endurance or strength.

Minor:  Super endurance-  Able to withstand more than usual punishment from attacks, falls and projectiles

Minor: Kinetic Backlash-  The ability to absorb the kinetic energy of an opponents energy or melee attack.  Projecting this ability as a wave that has a range of 20 feet.

Power Limitations:
Kinetic Absorption:   Does not work for elemental abilities I.e. Storms powers would not be affected by this.  The absorption rate is also size and weight based (I leave that to gms to say what is acceptable).  Another limitation is that the object, enemy must be in front of him for its energy to be absorbed, but he can only do this from a maximum of 20 feet away.

Super endurance: While he is tough to put to the ground, it is not impossible.  Bullets work on him best at close range if he cannot stop their kinetic energy or if he is preoccupied.  Piercing weapons such as knives and arrows are the best bet when in comes to harming him, but better to be used from behind.

Kinetic Backlash:  Backlash is the double edge sword of his abilities, this move can cripple him just as easily as it could someone else.  If his body maintains at max absorption for more than one minute the energy is violently released causing him to slip into a unconscious state in which he could stay in for up to a few days.

Hobbies and Interests: Kendo, Toso Kune Do Karate and Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu.  Playing bass and studding physics.

OOC Ons and Offs:   Just ask.

Vergil1989

Ah, must have missed that thread lol.  Sorry for the time wasted then in reading the thing my friend Adonis.  I'll just have to think of something else then.   ;D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Aether

After the brilliant rewording of my powers list and stunts, Adonis, Kendra said she liked the character.  I wanted to up his absorption range, if that was okay.

Do any of the other gms have any say nay or yay on my new character?

Adonis

25 seems a bit more reasonable. I dont know of any normal rooms that are even close to 100x100 (assuming hes standing in the center :p
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Aether

I will adjust, I thought 50 might be stretching it a bit, but as you just put it, 25 feet is a 50 foot circle, and that works.

Readjusting and reposting the sheet  ^.^

Aether

Character: John Gruyn

Code-Name: Desumo (latin for electric)
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Independant
Position at the School:  Other staff

Appearance:

Hair: Almost pure white with bronze highlights
Eyes: Ice Blue
Skin: covered with very fine silver hair, not noticeable unless closely examined, otherwise smooth and reddish brown tanned.
Weight: 135 pounds
Height: 5'6"
Other: His high metabolism offers him faster than normal healing, he is scarless, and perfectly proportioned.

Date Of Birth: 7/4/????
Place Of Birth:  Altar Rock, BC
Citizenship:  Canadian

Information:

Personality:
~~Very abrupt
~~Short attention span
~~Laughs easily
~~Calm mannered
~~Moves a conversation along quickly or stays out of it

Background:

Ethel and Stan were good acquaintances of Xavier's.  They often shared tea and chatted.  It was due to this affiliation that the Gruyn's met their death.  During the uprising, they aided Xavier in the defense oh his school and the Mutant way of life.  John did not participate in the struggle, he remained safely neutral.  When his parents died, he ran.

Pa was an electrician and was very fast, pure blood mutant.  Ma was also fast and able to heal peoples minds.  The pair of them produced Desumo.

He fled the responsibility because he could, and he did.  Never looked back even.  It was some great time after that he returned to finally grasp what his parents sacrifices really meant.  He stood beside the school as a guardian and protector.  It was a bit of the family tradition to watchdog Xavier's kids.

Mother:

Name: Ethel Gruyn (The Hand)
Race: Mutant

Father:

Name: Stan Gruyn (Dyzz)
Race: Mutant

Other Relatives:
None

Powers:

Major: Static Vortex - His body is hyper in tune with every molecule around him, and acts as a magnet for all latent static energy buildup on all objects within a 25ft radius, and allows for the storing of said static charge to fuel his other abilities.

(Limit - Empty rooms provide no latent static, he must be within 25ft of something/someone that is actively moving around to absorb energy.)

Minor: Static Personal Field: Extends just nano units from his own skin and protects him from heat, filters air, and reduces blunt force to half the objects speed.

(Limit - Cannot be maintained for more than 30 seconds at a time, and can be shorted out if he becomes soaked with water.)

Minor: Static Charge Zap: Dark blue, almost not visible lightning bolt type of attack that comes at its target in a circular fashion.

(Limited to ~50 feet before the charge looses strength and simply dissipates)

Hobbies and Interests:

Air gliding, cinematography, Judo, acrobatics (Olympic try outs).

OOC Ons and Offs:

My E O/Os will be followed for this game.

LunarSage

Hey everyone.  Aether suggested I check this game out and I've heard good things about it... I grew up reading the X-Men and various other Marvel comics so I definitely know the world.

I have one question though.

How many players are currently active in this game?  I'm leery of another enormous game for fear the RP would kinda get lost in the shuffle.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Adonis

Somewhere around 40 characters. Though i dont know what you mean about rp being lost in the shuffle.
O/O's

LunarSage

Well I mean lots of big group scenes where you have like 10+ people in one scene.  I'm afraid that could get a bit confusing to keep up with. 

*waves to Kendra and smiles at Adonis*

I'm definitely interested... so do all characters need to be mutants?  I know the X-Men have had some non mutants like Carol Danvers, and Nightcrawler (though I hated that revelation) with them.

Secretwriter

Hmmm. I dunno. I hadn't really thought about it. If not a mutant then a supporter that works at the school or a student who just wants to go there?  Adonis? Kendra? Your thoughts?

Sometimes we have a lot in one scene, other times and most times it's small groups spread out over the grounds/game board.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Adonis

LunarSage - Honestly, the school is named "Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults", so it would make no sense for a normal kid to be attending just to oogle at the mutants. The place is supposed to be a safe haven for those that are gifted, have been hunted, etc. So on the character being a student, it wouldn't work in the slightest. *However* in the case of a faculty or staff character, I could be persuaded, were the sheet well done I think. You'd have to keep in mind the hostility that would take place, and the shit he (or she) would go through almost daily in trying to earn the trust of these kids. Especially since a good 40% of them come from troubled pasts where they were poked at for being mutants. That's my take on it.

Aether - Approved.

SinXAsgard21 - Well written. As long as the character is played at a believable level for his powers (I.e, the damage absorbed from a punch has him throwing lunch tables through walls being a no-no), then I've no problem with it. If we (the gm's) find that it needs a bit of tuning down, we reserve that right, but for right now, you have my green light.
O/O's

SinXAzgard21

If someone could just get punched once and could throw a table through a wall... I'd probably just say eff it.... I'll be in my bunk.... His ability is not meant to be the first thing he turns to... It comes out after he and his opponent have been brawling for a bit, though the scale in his strength, speed or endurance will be noticeable. 

Kendra

SinX - my thumbs up on this as well.

I'd have to agree with Adonis - on having no non-mutant students attending the school. Unless you create possibly a character that mans the bar or something on the outskirts of the town. A staff member I'd not be too keen on either unless of course you came up with one hell of reason for why a non-mutant would be at the school. ;)

*smile and wave boys, smile and wave*

LunarSage

Quote from: Adonis on April 16, 2011, 11:42:23 PM
LunarSage - Honestly, the school is named "Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults", so it would make no sense for a normal kid to be attending just to oogle at the mutants. The place is supposed to be a safe haven for those that are gifted, have been hunted, etc. So on the character being a student, it wouldn't work in the slightest. *However* in the case of a faculty or staff character, I could be persuaded, were the sheet well done I think. You'd have to keep in mind the hostility that would take place, and the shit he (or she) would go through almost daily in trying to earn the trust of these kids. Especially since a good 40% of them come from troubled pasts where they were poked at for being mutants. That's my take on it.

I will of course abide by the game's GMs' rulings, but I did want to clarify something on my end.  I wasn't talking about a normal human, I was talking about what would be considered an altered human or induced mutant as opposed to a breed mutant.  I had a few concepts, one of which had a mystical origin.  I suppose I could just make him a breed mutant and add a slightly mystical bent (the same way they did with Spider-Man having a scientific origin but for some reason being the mystical avatar of all spiders) if it's ok.

Hrm, I may as well clarify further and share the basic concept so you guys can at least try and (hopefully) work with me on this.  His code name is Ultimate and his powers are simply that he's been infused with the entire history of human combat (essentially made into an avatar of that aspect of humanity) and has a perfect human physique.  Think Captain America without the shield in terms of physical ability but probably a better fighter.  He's got no bullet proof skin, no super strength, no laser eyes... but he has the knack for looking at someone and judging how good a combatant they are.  The original incarnation of this character (though I've never actually had the opportunity to play him in any medium) had the origin of finding an artifact in Nepal (his father was an archaeologist) but I suppose I can change that to suit the story and setting.  I don't know, maybe he's like Forge except instead of a psionic mutant affinity for invention he's got it for combat.

What do you think?  Could a semi-mystical bent for the character work?  I can name quite a few characters in the X-Men that fit that bill, like Magik, Juggernaut, Forge, Nightcrawler, Amanda Sefton and Psylocke.

GreenEyes

Character:

Code-Name:Mother Nature (optional)
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Sex:Female
Relationship Status:single
Team Affiliation:Xavier
Position at the School:HighschoolSenior

Appearance:

Hair: Black
Eyes:green
Skin:Fair
Weight:140
Height:5’7
Other: (physical defects/mutations, overall appearance)

Date Of Birth:Jan 1st
Place Of Birth:Vancouver, Canada
Citizenship:Canadian

Information:

Personality:
-Sweet and kind
-Friendly
-Understanding
-Protective of others and the earth
-Strong and commanding when needed

Background: [Three good paragraphs]

Rayne was born on a sunny day with a light rain shower. She grew up in a supportive middle class family with 3 younger siblings. When Rayne was 5 she was playing in the backyard when her mother came outside to call her for dinner she found a mountain of earth piled 10 feet high with Rayne perched on top. Putting the incident behind her, Rayne’s mother told no one until after the next couple months when a garden began to bloom all over the neighbourhood. Floral was sprouting everywhere even giant trees would surface one day.

As Rayne grew older she began to understand that she was causing the plant growth. If she held her hands towards the earth anything plant she thought of would blossom from the ground. Rayne figured she just had powers of growth, till one day during school there was a fight in the play ground. Rayne had gotten into the middle of it defending one of her friends. The bullying child had picked up a rock and began to toss it at Rayne.  Rayne held out her hands to block it, only to fall on the ground as the earth beneath her shook and broke apart. A large wall of earth and mud rose before her, blocking her from the now tiny rock being thrown.

Word spread quickly of her abilities and her family chose to move. When Rayne saw how sad it made her family to leave their home, she decided to keep her powers in check . She worked hard on controlling them, fearing she may accidently harm another person through her unharnessed powers.Rayne was able to control her powers to the point of barely using them, though this took a toll on her physically. When Rayne heard of the Xavier School, she applied immediately, in hopes of finding a place to let her powers freely flow and learn to control them safely.

Mother:

Name:Louise sterling
Race: Human(mutant or human)

Father:

Name:Norman sterling
Race: Human(mutant or human)

Other Relatives:John, Abby, and Arnold sterling (siblings)

Powers:
Major: Earth Control: Powers of plant and earth growth and movement

Minor: Water Control: Movement of water

Power Limitations:

Cannot create earth or water

Hobbies and Interests:
Gardening, Reading, Playing Piano, Being Outdoors

OOC Ons and Offs:  See my O/O's
Hey everyone,

I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from the rps until my busy schedule evens out. Sorry for any problems that makes.

Kendra

Quote from: LunarSage on April 17, 2011, 08:28:38 AM
I will of course abide by the game's GMs' rulings, but I did want to clarify something on my end.  I wasn't talking about a normal human, I was talking about what would be considered an altered human or induced mutant as opposed to a breed mutant.  I had a few concepts, one of which had a mystical origin.  I suppose I could just make him a breed mutant and add a slightly mystical bent (the same way they did with Spider-Man having a scientific origin but for some reason being the mystical avatar of all spiders) if it's ok.

Hrm, I may as well clarify further and share the basic concept so you guys can at least try and (hopefully) work with me on this.  His code name is Ultimate and his powers are simply that he's been infused with the entire history of human combat (essentially made into an avatar of that aspect of humanity) and has a perfect human physique.  Think Captain America without the shield in terms of physical ability but probably a better fighter.  He's got no bullet proof skin, no super strength, no laser eyes... but he has the knack for looking at someone and judging how good a combatant they are.  The original incarnation of this character (though I've never actually had the opportunity to play him in any medium) had the origin of finding an artifact in Nepal (his father was an archaeologist) but I suppose I can change that to suit the story and setting.  I don't know, maybe he's like Forge except instead of a psionic mutant affinity for invention he's got it for combat.

What do you think?  Could a semi-mystical bent for the character work?  I can name quite a few characters in the X-Men that fit that bill, like Magik, Juggernaut, Forge, Nightcrawler, Amanda Sefton and Psylocke.

I am curious and very intrigued by him.
when you say a better fighter can you give an indication as to how good.
We certainly don't want a student coming in being 'the worlds' greatest anything' there has to be limits and a realistic ballpark on the characters ability.

GreenEyes:  can you be more specific as to exactly what your powers entail please. Earth and water movement has a lot of scope and also detail is required for your limitations.

Kendra

NOTE:

Xavier's is now only taking on HighSchool Students. We have more than enough College students for the time being.
Thank you.

Bloody Rose

GreenEyes

my power can cause earth and water to move into shapes I form them to, such as creating a wall of earth or modeling water into a ball.my limitation would be that I can't move them in waves or throw them at other in battle. Just pile the earth or water to what ever shape I need.
Hey everyone,

I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from the rps until my busy schedule evens out. Sorry for any problems that makes.

Crovonovin

My, if this isn't one beast of a game!  I've been glancing over it several times over the past few weeks, but I couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated by just how many people seem to be in on this.  It seems like a lot of material to look over!

However, if or when there happens to be an opening I think I might like to try my hand at it, if you'll have me.

Aether

Kendra and Adonis approve Desumo, are you good with him, Secret?

Adonis

Shihong, we are currently open for recruitment of highschool students, as well as a few staffers. If you've located the game, check out the maps/rules, etc thread, and it should have a listing of all the positions available within staff if that's what you're after.
O/O's