Tag: A cooperative writing effort

Started by Dingo, December 17, 2007, 05:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I tend to notify people about the fact that I have posted in my games by tagging them, and from this the idea formed to start a game of writers tag.

The purpose is quite simple and is done in more polite bits of the forum too.

A signup list is made and from that list I will make a random list of people in whose order the story will be written. There is just one storyline.

And when one is done with their post, they tag the next person to complete what they have written so far.

As this is Elliquiy, and because some things might squick people, you are allowed to pass, putting yourself at the end of the list to post again.

However you cannot pass two consecutive times, but I'm sure that are ways to bypass that by writing creative bits that are related to the story but vague.

Suggestion is to put this as an NCEF thread.

Well, what do you think.

Tag

Elvi

It would depend, in my case, who the other writers were and what the story line was....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

ZK

And each writer has an effect of where the story goes? Now that sounds really interesting and fun. ^.^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Dingo

Yes, indeed that's the idea. So each person can write as much as they like (with a time limit I am thinking) and then tag the next writer.

ZK

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Silkcat

Sure, sounds like it would fit my time available too. sign me up
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - Stories Past and Present - Apologies and Absences
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

Tsume

Not that great a writer, but I can give it a shot, I suppose. If I'll be had, anyway.

Mistiq

Quote from: Tsume on December 17, 2007, 10:19:44 PM
Not that great a writer, but I can give it a shot, I suppose. If I'll be had, anyway.
Yeah, what they said