Crazy Japanese Game Show! (Interest Check)

Started by TheGerbilyOne, June 29, 2010, 05:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGerbilyOne

So this is a idea that has been kicking around in my head for awhile, and Elliquiy is probably one of the best places to expound upon it, so here I am.

Everyone has heard about those crazy Japanese game shows right? The humilatingly stupid stunts, the larger than life characters. Several american rip offs have been made, but none have really piqued the public's interest. That is until "SexLoveChuChu!"

"SexLoveChuChu!" The popular Japanese gameshow has finally crossed the shores and it about to have its premiere broadcast in the United States. The main difference between it and its predecessors? Most of the original cast is actually coming over for the opening season, and of course, the oodles of sexual content. Make no mistake, this is not a tame game show by either Japanese or american standards.

The show starts of with two teams of three to five members and follows a distinct formula, Two team Challenges, usually for a varying amount of "Points" and after that, the team with the least points must vote one of their Members to become "SexyLoveChuchu" Who then puts on a skimpy uniform (A design exists for both males and females) and is forced to get every member of the opposing team off before leaving the show. The team challenges themselves are usually sexual in nature, but the small orgy that would end every episode has gotten people coming back for more.  For obvious reasons, to compete in SexLoveChuChu you must be bisexual, and be willing to humilate yourself on TV, of course, if you are the winner, the prize money would have you made for life...

(That is the basic idea. Most challenges would probably use a bare bones RPG system to help determine the winning team for that episode, and I would most likely play the Host as well as the cast of crazy or unusual characters. Each episode would probably be its own thread, assuming we even got that far.)

Flora of Horror

Heh, this sounds interesting, I'm interested in it.
☢so let's just drink to get drunk & tell each other everything☢
☣FOR A DRUNK MIND SPEAKS A SOBER HEART☣
⚡then we both can go on with life in denial of our spoken words⚡
⚠SO LETS GO ON BLAMING THE SHOTS OF VODKA ON OUR DRUNKEN MINDS⚠
until we both admit those hidden feelings we feel <3

Everything you need to know about me

Gideon

NinaN

Seems like a novel idea that could be fun.  I'm definitely interested enough to keep an eye on the thread to see if it takes off or not.

Bloody Rose

I will join up, let me know when you make it

TheGerbilyOne

Well considering that we have had at least three responses I am feeling a bit better about my crazy little idea. I suppose I should flesh out what I am thinking for the mechanics.

Since we are dealing with a very limited task resolution. (I.E. We want to model goofy Double Dare like Games) and at the same time include a wide variety of character types on each team.  Thus the simple will be very simple. There will be a pool of character Traits: Older, Younger, Naive, Kinky, etc.  Each person will be allowed to take One Major Character Type and Three Minor.  At the opening post when I narrate the game, I will also post what Traits give a bonus to this challenge, and which ones give a penalty.  Each person will roll a Dice (D6 on the first challenge, D10 on the second.) To determine how many points they add to their groups total.

For example a challenge would be written this way:
Strip Search!: The Characters are each dressed in seven or so layers of clothing. They must strip down naked and then rummage through their discarded clothes for "Tags" Which have a point value attached. When they find a tag, they must cross the river of guck and put said tag in a laundry basket to score points for their teams.

Positive Traits: (All traits in this challenge are +2 Major, +1 Minor)  Limber, Young, Shameless.
Negative Traits: (All negative Traits are -2 regardless of being Major or Minor) Naive, Aggressive.

Bloody Rose

I think you should at least post a character sheet. Some people just do the char sheet then post them if they are interested. At least the basic concept would be good to post.

NinaN

I agree with Zarazel.  Provide a template for the character sheet and list of major and minor traits for people to choose for their characters.  I think if a few people provide their character sheets it might help to spark further interest as well.

TheGerbilyOne

Alright then, lets get this show on the road!  Your Basic Character sheet is this

Name:

Physical Description: (You can use a photo in place of this)

Reason for agreeing to come on the Show:

Then Pick 2 Minor and 1 Major Trait from this list: Flexible, Strong, Smart, Shameless, Speaks Japanese (Minor Only), Gameshow Veteran, Sexy, Kinky, Young, Tactician, Quick Thinker, Quick Reflexes and Extreme!.

(This is just a quick list I thought up, almost any Trait can do, feel free to PM me about it.)

You Must Also Pick 1 Negative Trait from this list: Naive, Clumsy, Plain Looking, Annoying, Older and Married.

Bloody Rose

Name: Jessica Lonestar

Physical Description:

Reason for agreeing to come on the Show: She got fired from her job and want some money until she could get  back up on her feet since her parents died and she is now alone.

Major Trait: Shameless
Minors: Strong, Quick Reflexes
Negative Trait: Naive

NinaN

Name:  Alexa Craig

Physical Description:

Reason for agreeing to come on the Show:  To get back at my husband for sleeping with that bimbo.

Major Trait:  Kinky
Minor Traits:  Resourceful
Negative Trait:  Married