News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Game-On! (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, February 22, 2013, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: apygoos on February 23, 2013, 07:16:01 PM
so..must it be all OCs? or what if i took someone like say, Red from Pokemon. He never speaks, but what if he did? was just thinking that could be something to have fun with, and take the adventure RPG genre

They are all OC's with a 'nod' to a cannon of some sort. You can have some personality traits, skills/abilities and even appearance. But the name/game cannot be "Red/Pokemon" - does that make sense?
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

Call him Crimson and have him speak in Cockney without changing anything else. :D

Major Major

Character Template:
Name: James 'Slim Jim' Copper
Appearance:
James Copper is a 21 year old man of slim build and standing about 5 foot 10 in bare feet. He has dark brown/green eyes, shaggy, shoulder length brown/black hair and is clean shaven, aside from a moustache and a goatee. His usual outfit is a shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, a denim jacket with the sleeves cut off at the shoulders, a red bandanna, black trousers tucked into tall cowboy boots, chaps, black fingerless gloves and a wide-brimmed 'Cattleman' style stetson.
Relationship Status: Single, open for relationships
Orientation: Straight
Role: Wild West Gunslinger
World: High Plains Drifter (Red Dead Redemption)
Bio:
(In-Game): James is a man on a mission of justice, and maybe a little vengence at the same time. The son of an ex-soldier who moved out to the frontier to become a farmer, Jim is a quiet man with a strong sense of right and wrong, along with a biting sense of humour and a short temper when it comes to complications to his mission. His quest began when his folks were approached by a rich cattle baron, who wanted to buy their land to expand his ranch. He offered an insultingly low price for the farm, and his parents naturally refused. In revenge, the cattle baron hired the Cooke Brothers, a notorious local gang, to intimidate the Copper family and drive them off the land. Jim's father was shot and left to die, and his mother and teenaged sister were kidnapped by the gang. Now, he travels all over the territory, seeking to rescue his mother and sister, and gain some payback from the gang and their employer.
(Out of Game): Much like his in-game persona, James is a quiet man with a strong moral and ethical code, though he's also a great deal calmer than how he acts in his game.

How's that?

apygoos

Quote from: Karma on February 23, 2013, 07:54:56 PM
Call him Crimson and have him speak in Cockney without changing anything else. :D
that..isnt a bad idea...i like it :3
and i think i might work with my own rendition of a previous idea.
the world is filled with magical energies, these energies manifest as various forms of creatures and whatnot. There are those who are young talented sorcerers who have a  thirst for adventure. Sorcerers may tame these spirits by various means, but legend tells of one who synergies with the energies of the spirits so well, that he can house them in his own body, arguably any sorcerer who could do this is one of the most powerful in the world.

Monster training isn't an uncommon idea, but we should make sure the worlds aren't too similar, you know?

apygoos

well with the world that formed in my head from what i typed up there, it pays homage to pokemon/adventure  RPG, but its not a carbon copy, far from

Oldknight

4 extra ideas for games if you need them

button mashering action game (dynasty warriors, 99 nights, etc)
fighter sims (Ace Combat
classic side scrollers (final fight, battletoads, ghoals and ghost, etc)
classic shooter (gattica, r-type, etc)

OHWceta

My Male lead will likely be from a Dynasty Warriors like game or fighting game.

I updated the roster with James, now i'll work on my OCs for the RP, see you guys in a few hours!

I like the idea of a sidescroller, just trying to figure out which one. Mario, and Megaman will have a few mentions in the story, as well as the original sidescroller Pitfall Harry. The joke is going to be that he's the Chuck Norris of videogames.

BTW, like in WiR the games will have a hubb between them which will be known as "The Dashboard", this is where the Avatars live. Avatars are not game characters so they are forbidden from entering a game, and because they can't be in a game they don't have any achievements which registers them as pretty much second class citizens.
Rules of The Dashboard:
All villains must be registered and evaluated as safe to leave their game, unsafe villians are locked in the prison until their game is loaded.
All characters MUST return to their own game when the loading screen plays.
No romantic relationships outside your game (many secret relationships are held however, this rule will only be in effect for the earliest portion of the game before it's voted out of effect).
Avatars are NOT allowed to leave the Dashboard as players can log into the dashboard at any time without a load screen, and expect to see thier avatar displayed.
Being inside another game after the loading screen is completed and a game starts is immediate grounds for deletion.
And most importantly: IF YOU DIE OUTSIDE YOUR GAME, YOU CANNOT COME BACK
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Oldknight

if it is open I would be up for making a fighting game character for that spot.

OHWceta

Go ahead. You're welcome to join, the slot is still available. (unless you're going with a Nightmare like character from a Soul Calibur like game, I've already made a villain like that.)
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

hippyness

Quote from: OHWceta on February 24, 2013, 11:20:19 AM
And most importantly: IF YOU DIE OUTSIDE YOUR GAME, YOU CANNOT COME BACK

Thank you Sonic, I've always listened to you.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

If a stranger tries to touch you in a way you don't like, that's no good great if the game is NC!

apygoos

OHWceta

Red or Crimson are ok names.

We've agreed so far on Yokaimon, expand on it as you wish, right now we just have spirits that posses objects and make them into living creatures.

apygoos

so for the next hour or so I will bedebating between Crimson and Yokaimon, or, the Assailants Code

MzHyde

Why no out of game romances? That seems like it would take away from some RP possibilities. Also, why would that be a rule? As long as everyone acts the way they're supposed to act in-game, what would it matter?

These are the rules of the world, not rules for the players. You'd be punished in character if you did so, but it's totally okay as a writer, as I understand it.

hippyness

Yeah, that's how I see it.

So in Wreck it Ralph terms, Felix and Calhoun wouldn't have been allowed to marry.

Not that we are going to let rules stop anything. Seriously, rules. When I'm the Sky King, I'll make the rules -wink-

^_^
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

The rules of the hubb state it not to be allowed. It's strictly discouraged but the authorities do not punish the act.

Also, when the characters go on their adventure which involves a lot of game jumping, nothing is really stopping romances from developing.
I'm currently trying to come up with a horror story which inspired the rule.

*forbidden relationship ruins game relationship, ruins game, game ended, characters deleted. That kind of tragedy.

apygoos

this si going to be wayyy too much fun, hehehe

hippyness

So a couple went Turbo...

I guess we'd have to replace Turbo with their names or such.

"Dudes, you guys can't all like hook it up. Going -insert term here- is wicked no good, man. You'll get us all mad wiped out."

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: hippyness on February 24, 2013, 03:02:11 PM
So a couple went Turbo...

I guess we'd have to replace Turbo with their names or such.

"Dudes, you guys can't all like hook it up. Going -insert term here- is wicked no good, man. You'll get us all mad wiped out."

Suggestions -

Turbo =....

emo/cross-eyed or cross-over (like cross-platform)/heartcore/game shark (lol "going game shark", I just had to)/over the fence/tilt (like a pinball 'tilt')

Just ideas that popped into my head. Feel free to love/hate any/none of them ;)
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

OHWceta

Here's my PCs, who will be joining in on the adventure. I'll have more info on the NPCs later.

Name: Ceta Seijunon
Appearance:
His skin is slightly more tanned and he carries a barbed Katana. He also wears a round hat similar to Yojimbos in final Fantasy X
Relationship Status: In a relationship
Orientation: Streight
Role: Samurai, Male Lead
World: Destiny Warriors (Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors)
Bio: In Game - Ceta was born destined for greatness, his father Juno was the chief governor of the land of Cydonia, this gave him all the best teachers and all the best training to become governor himself someday. But then the Kephler empire decided to wage war across the continent. Since his father was too old to fight, Ceta took up the mantel of head General to the Cydonian armies. A popular game at first, the audiance started to lose interest after the third game and it was replaced by War of the Old Republic which focused more on the Amaranthine and Eastonian Republics than Kephler lands.
Out of Game - Tired of constant warring, Ceta seeks out anything that can bring him peace in his life. That as when he met Keara Bej-xis. As she cared for his wounds at the clinic he began to fall in love with her. She was his peace, the only beauty he could find in a world of destruction. But out of game romances were forbidden. Their secret love went on for a while but eventually the popularity of Destiny Warriors fell and Ceta faced deletion. He tried to hide in Dire Destinies but was discovered, the punishment led to his own deletion and Keara was reprogrammed, thus ending the tragic love story.

Name: Oblivion
Appearance: Full armor
Human Face 
Orientation: Asexual
Role: Secondary Villain, Tragic Hero
World:Soul Savior (Soul Calibur)
Bio: As Sigurd Wallace lay dying, he made one last wish, to curse the souls of his enemies in War. Unexpectedly his wish came true. The sword in his hand sprang to life, consuming the soul of his foe. Then the sword spoke to him, "I can give you your wish, but it will come at a cost, you must give me 100 souls, in return I will give you eternal life and the strength of an army of men. But as he went about slaying his foes, he began to lose his own mind to the bloodshed wrought by the sword. Sigurd was no more, he was now the evil knight Oblivion, his purpose was to feed the sword, and curse the land with its evil. Outside of the game he is registered as free to leave his game, but nobody has seen where he goes when he does leave his game. The Dark Knight constantly remains an enigma.

Name: May-May-xsixteenx (May)
Appearance: Avatar Form
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Re-Programmed Adult Form
Spoiler for later in RP
Orientation: Streight
Role: Kid Character, Avatar
World: The Dashboard
Bio: May was the Avatar thought up by the console owner's little sister. She constantly roams the Dashboard looking for friends, but is scorned and bullied by most, but still keeps a positive attitude. She likes to ask questions, much to the annoyance of Game characters, and often tries to follow them into a game or pretend to be a game character. Her biggest insecurity though is her size, she claims that is why they wont allow her in games, drawing her thoughts away from being an Avatar.

Name: Colonel Jeanette Gagarin (Black-Ops Version)
Appearance: (Same as Karma's character in character model but she wears the Black-Ops covert armor.
This is for armor reference only, since she's an equivilant to Karma's character.
Relationship Status: Available
Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Minor Villain, crossover from online play.
World: Large Result, Black-Ops
Bio: Her console owner choosing the renegade path only cemented her dark future upon the release of the Black-Ops downloadable content. After loosing her entire squad and being left for dead, Col. Gagarin must join the sinister team Fenrir and track down the Harvesters with ruthless mercy. But all is not what it seems, and friends quickly become foes in the thrall of the harvesters. Both her renegade user and the darker story of the long-awaited DLC to Large result, has given her a much more violent attitude than her countrpart and rarely distinguishes friend from foe if they get in her way.