Game-On! (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, February 22, 2013, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

mine will definitely be a male, its still so many possibilities!

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 05:51:16 PM

I'm looking at an official post rate of 1 or 2 per week.  Thanks to school I sometimes only have time for once a week, though on slow weeks (slow school and work, not RPing) I can post once a day.

This goes for the main plot. If say, 2 more active posters get into a romance scene and want to finish the scenario in once day, it wont be discouraged. Just as long as we dont end up having a person scrolling through 5 pages of side-story before finding where the plot left off.

Understood! Well, please feel free to wait for more applicants and/or my bio (which I'm working on right now), but I'll accept the lead female if you want. :)
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

OHWceta

Anyone have suggestions for a Pokemon/Digimon style game world?  I'd like to have my kiddie character be a trainer...but I dont really want to create 150 kinds of animals jut for a short sub-plot in this RP.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

apygoos

well wouldn't pokemon be big enough thing to be able to parody the trainer/game, but not the species?

Yokaimon: Special people born in this world are able to summon yokai, nature spirits, into animals and objects. They must then battle and capture the yokai monsters, or yokaimon, using special items known as yokai discs. Sometimes yokai will possess something of its own volition and roam the world - sometimes trainers must personally summon them. Yokaimon develop, growing larger and stronger as they battle.

This way you can pretty much do as you please - have them possess a known thing, or make one up on your own.

OHWceta

Good idea! thanks, I totally got so caught up in OCs I failed the published universes.

*facepalm*
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 06:10:50 PM
Anyone have suggestions for a Pokemon/Digimon style game world?  I'd like to have my kiddie character be a trainer...but I dont really want to create 150 kinds of animals jut for a short sub-plot in this RP.

Quote from: Karma on February 23, 2013, 06:15:36 PM
Yokaimon: Special people born in this world are able to summon yokai, nature spirits, into animals and objects. They must then battle and capture the yokai monsters, or yokaimon, using special items known as yokai discs. Sometimes yokai will possess something of its own volition and roam the world - sometimes trainers must personally summon them. Yokaimon develop, growing larger and stronger as they battle.

This way you can pretty much do as you please - have them possess a known thing, or make one up on your own.

That's a really good idea. Another idea would be to stick to a specific area of creatures - nature as above, or perhaps mythical creatures (centaur, dragon, fairy)?
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

I mean, the way I defined it, a yokaimon could be literally anything. They're nature spirits, but they can possess any non-sentient object or creature. It's all up to the writers to decide what.

apygoos

yokaimon...sounds like yugioh, pokemon, and beyblade put together..
DO WANT

OHWceta

Hm...this would be useful. Thanks.

Being able to possess things..... >:)   Lightbulb!

Just made that all up on the spot. Glad I struck gold! :D

hippyness

Name: Dillon Crow
Appearance: Sorry, no pictures as of yet... maybe later... maybe
Dillon is a skinny bean pole of a rider decked out in an open camo vest and baggy phatty jeans with his black boxers showing and green fingerless gloves. On his feet are the latest in AnGraviSkates or AGS, a pair of neon pink, green and black roller blades. He has short spiked (anime style) neon green hair shooting out from under a black beanie and yellow lensed goggles cover his green eyes.  On his back is a camo backpack with spray paint cans stuck in the mess for easy access, (although the ingame animation has him pull cans from his pocket.)
Relationship Status: Single, and looking for something
Orientation: Straight but hey, it's the 90's, I'm chill.
Role: Skater, platformer, fighter or artist.
World: Sky King: Blade Bomb Brawl (based on: Jet Set Radio, Getting Up, Tony Hawk and Pro Skater plus Air Gear for some fun)
Bio:
In Game: In Sky King: BBB, the player is tasked with choosing a character then taking them from a know nothing busta to King of the Sky by forming a gang, defending territory and spray painting mad sick paints on every surface all while avoiding cops, school and work. Dillon is one of six playable characters to begin the game as. Dillon's story is one of freedom. Growing up alone on the streets of Neo-Metrotown, Dillon learned the only freedom is found in the sky. The invention of AnGraviSkates allowed for a new form of transport, allowing people to skate anywhere and Neo-Metrotown was the sickest, wildest ride to trick your brains out on. But that was changing. The Sky King was afraid of the lower gangs and began making laws to assure his job as ruler would stay that way. No simple task like running for mayor of Neo-Metrotown, the Sky King was the most rightous AGS rider and the only way to topple his reign was to take him on in the Sky King tournament. For Dillon to take over he would have to select a turf, build a gang, gather some rep and bust some major tricks to pull it off what no one has ever managed before and save his town from dictatorship.
Out Of Game: Dillon just wants his freedom to ride. Nothing mattered other then that. The player choose who the hero was and it wasn't always Dillon so the true goal of the game never was his to begin with. He spends his time being free, whether skating, loving or fighting. He also drops some mad bombs where ever he's been so everyone knows where Dillon goes.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

I'll likely post a few bios of my own tomorrow. Though I'm waiting to see what ElusiveM00se comes up with so I can work around the male lead getting r-programmed scenario.

I'm also thinking of doing the opposite of Vannelope in WiR with my kiddie character.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(instead of being stuck in the game because glitches can't leave)
She'll instead be an Avatar (you know, like the Xbox live ones or the Miis) So she can't be in a game. This goes with the stigma of game characters bullying avatars so she tries to pretend to be a game character, but to no avail. 

I'll need a male game character who sticks up for her, that she'll eventually fall for.

ElusiveM00se

Submitted for OHWceta's approval... :)

Name: Keara Bej-xis

Appearance: Snow white hair falls straight and free down her back to her waist. She wears the robes of her profession. As one of the highest-ranked in her class, Keara was allowed the privilege of dying her uniform any color she desired, so long as the appearance itself remained unaltered. Little more than a corset and fancy loincloth - the risque-ness of her clothes were a matter of necessity. Mages would often overheat their bodies after exhausting their Mana, and sometimes the simplest spell could cause the mage a great fever. The staff she carries is a tool to amplify her power, since she has access to her abilities even if the absence of her staff. Crafted from the rare wood of the Scared Tree, it is topped with crystals in the shape of crescent moons, the source of her amplification.

Picture Inspiration

Relationship Status: It's complicated...
Orientation: Straight (Female interested in Males)

Role: White Witch (Fantasy/Mage)
World: Dire Destinies [Final Fantasy III]
Bio (WIP): Keara graduated in the top five of her at the Mage University in Cyme’ioa. Within her game world, it was little wonder that she was recruited to adventure with other high-ranking professionals to search for the missing fragments that made up the Tablet of Ages. The journey took more than a year, but their friendships lasted a lifetime. Friendships that lasted even after the game was turned off, and the final boss defeated. Outside of the game world, the young woman is a klutz. Healing magic is the only thing she excels in. Sometimes, even walking down a road seems too difficult. With no other skills or abilities, she relies on her shifts at the hospitals and clinics in the city to make money. White Witches do not earn a substantial cut of the adventuring treasure, after all...

Major Major

Give me a bit, and I could bodge together a 'Wild West' character for you.

Hm... we should probably keep track of orientations so no one is left out.

OHWceta

Very good point, I'll add it to my Template actually.   :-[

ElusiveM00se

I updated my bio with the new orientation information.

Once there's a "live" thread, I'll update the bio again with more plot-relavant information? Does that sound fair?

OHWceta

Yeah, sounds good to me.

I added you to the roster on page 1 (The full and official character/world list)

There's a few things we'll deffinetly have to work on before the RP starts since a lot of the plot is affected by the connection between the female and male leads. 

ElusiveM00se

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 06:59:23 PM
Yeah, sounds good to me.

I added you to the roster on page 1 (The full and official character/world list)

There's a few things we'll deffinetly have to work on before the RP starts since a lot of the plot is affected by the connection between the female and male leads. 

I did reply to your PM, hope you got it... >.<  I'll be going afk for a shower in a few minutes, but I'll answer anything you send when I get back. For the most part, I'm going to side with whatever your ideas are for the lead male/female pairing - but I'll give whatever brainstorming ideas/feedback I come up with as it happens! :)

MzHyde

Quote from: Karma on February 23, 2013, 06:26:52 PM
Just made that all up on the spot. Glad I struck gold! :D

Well, kind of. Yokai are already a real thing, I'm sure you knew that when you posted the idea. Er, 'real' in the sense that yokai are supernatural creatures from Japanese folklore. Still a good alternative to Pokemon though.

OHWceta

Bad news though.....I have to go to work so it will be quite a while before I am able to get back to you on any further plot developing.

My to do list:
Work on worlds for ideas that MzHyde submitted
Submit my character Bios
Update Roster if anyone submits new characters or worlds between now and when I get back

hippyness

Quote from: ElusiveM00se on February 23, 2013, 06:45:32 PM
Submitted for OHWceta's approval... :)

for the approval of the Midnight Society? ^_^

Also the Pokemon thing reminds me of Monster Rancher some...
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

I know. It's a more general reconstruction of the conceptual origins of Pokemon.

apygoos

so..must it be all OCs? or what if i took someone like say, Red from Pokemon. He never speaks, but what if he did? was just thinking that could be something to have fun with, and take the adventure RPG genre