Game-On! (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, February 22, 2013, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

Soul Blade is already the name of a real game.

Spartan Revy? Holy shit, that's awesome!

hippyness

Quote from: Karma on February 24, 2013, 03:10:43 PM
Oh god, the slang... *dying*

Yeah, it hurts to post too but I'm laughing the whole time so it's worth it. ^_^

I kind of like heartcore and of course I love the game shark (let's be old for a second... Game Genie... and continuing)

Okay, what if the main protagonist of a dating sim feel in love with another game's girl. In his game, he might not feel like hitting on the girls, which is the inter point of said game. We could call that "dating", just for a fun poke at real life.

Also, dude.

Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

I'm thinking that the guy dumps his girl ingame for one out of game.
The Jilted lover somehow survives deletion *which will be a secret revealed on how this occurs late in the RP* and becomes a very important villain.

I fixed Soul Blade Via MzHyde's info. *Hopes Soul Savior isn't taken, if it is then screw it, we're going with Soul Savior anyways!

I remember gameshark, all the guys who tried to use it for "secret Naked females code" in the 90's
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

A lot of people don't know this, but Soul Blade was actually the very first Soul Calibur. It's an easy mistake to make.

OHWceta

I forgot all about Soul Blade, I do remember Soul Edge though.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Soul Edge was the JP name; everybody else named it Soul Blade.

hippyness

Yay for Soul Blade. It was a weird transition to make from Blade to Calibur but we powered through an did it.

Did anyone play Ehrgeiz? My copy has been lost to time and I weep over that sometimes.
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

I played that game. It was.... interesting.

apygoos

Name:Crimson
Appearance:
Relationship Status: single, open to relationships
Orientation: Bi-curious, very, very strong hetero leaning
Role: Adventure RPG
World: Spiritmon [pokemon]
Bio: Crimson was the original protagonist in the Spiritmon series. By the game's lore, he is one of the most powerful spirit tamers in a world full of magical spirits. These spirits take the forms of various objects and creatures, often with an elemental affiliation. Crimson was the first spirit tamer of the series to be able to house the power of his spirits into his person, while other tamers often need to use things like tarot cards, runes and the like to capture them. Each subsequent version has featured a tamer of similar value, but non ever like Crimson. He has had several minor appearances in the other versions, but even then, the designed never gave him any speaking lines, even being mocked by his in game rival as being a "talkative type". When the player isn't looking at him, he does talk, he wants to talk. When in the console, he often finds himself looking for fresh adventure, and a companion to have it with. He is often seen as a loner, thanks to how the game developers portray him, but he doesn't want to be forever alone...

tell me what ya think!

MzHyde

What if you changed 'Large Result' to something more sci-fi sounding? Like 'Quantum Result' or 'Mass Impact' or 'Matter Affect'?

I made the name as a joke, I wasn't seriously expecting to use it! xD

MzHyde

All the more reason to change it, 'cause I think he's gonna use it. :P

Oldknight

Name: Kenji Mura
Appearance: Tall, standing just over 6 feet tall. He has a light tan complexion, which looks somewhat even pale. His eyes are a dark chocolate brown, which tend to get a bit brighter when he is happy. He has short always mess black hair, that always becomes a mess even when fixed in just a little bit of time. He is strong, with a good deal of lean muscle on his frame, and he is carries himself with a general confidence in his own abilities that makes him seem a bit bigger then reality.
Relationship Status: Single
Orientation:Straight
Role: Fighter Game
World: King of the Ring (street fighter)
Bio: He started off as a young orphan, whom traveled around under the tutelage of his great sensei, whom trained in the ancient arts of fighting and worked with him to bring out his natural talent for fighting. He first joined the King of the Ring tournament as a unknown, and came out in 3rd place behind his sparing partner, and his rival. He then has since came close but never won the King of the Ring Tournament, always leaving the fight to defeat a new foe and save the day. He has also been traveling, learning all he can, and improving his own skills.

OHWceta

Quote from: MzHyde on February 24, 2013, 07:56:15 PM
What if you changed 'Large Result' to something more sci-fi sounding? Like 'Quantum Result' or 'Mass Impact' or 'Matter Affect'?

Now that you've suggested it. I really hate naming things actually.

I'll add Crimson and Kenji to the roster. I'd say we're almost ready to begin, but I'm gonna have a lot of writing up ideas plotwise among other small details.

hippyness

YAY! I'm excited for this to get going.

OHWceta

5 male, 4 female, we could use another female character now. At least ratio-wise

It's hard to count in bi characters for pairings since they are open to either gender.

Having committed to a few other things, I don't think I'm comfortable making a second character for this... if I overextend again, all my games will suffer. Let's find another player!

OHWceta

I've seen a few interested people who haven't posted characters yet, and with how many we've got on so far, the prospects are sounding pretty good.

Iblis121

You guys still accepting characters? This sounds AWESOME.

EDIT: Oh, you guys are looking for female characters. My bad. I'll keep an eye out, though. I'm interested, but I don't wanna skew the ratio further.

MzHyde

CurvyKitten

slips in and adds her interest to the thread~ I'm thinking something like guitar hero warriors of rock.

Though I do have a question if avatars are limited to the dashboard how do they interact with the other games? Just wondering as I have an Avatar character in mind as well.

OHWceta

The other games visit The Dashboard as it's the hubb between games.
Since they're stuck in the dashboard which has very little they can do, they kind of find entertainment in interracting with game characters as they pass through the area, though this usually ends up annoying most game characters.
So they generally resort to finding games they can play to entertain themselves. (Games like counting the number of certain character types to pass through the Dashboard, or going to the jail to harass the Behemoth.)
Last rule, all Avatars must be Chibi or SD style.

I'll also mention that the whole "you can't come back if you die outside your game" applies to Avatars too, but since they don't have a game having to remain in the Dashboard keeps them safe.

CurvyKitten

Name: Lily
Appearance:
starting image

alternate outfit full guitar mode unlocked
more of Lily

Relationship Status: Single "open to a relationship."
Orientation:straight with bi curiosities.
Role: Rock warrior
World: Guitar Destiny (Guitar Hero warriors of rock)
Bio:
In Game.
Lily finds herself the main character of this chosen adventure. A god has gone renegade and taken upon himself the goal of taking over man kind. He has chosen the most popular form of media to slip his message and powers into. His key generals not picking up swords or casting balls of fire. But picking up guitars, and working their will threw the music they played. Lily A chosen yet as of yet unknown artist as come to learn of this. Her only ability was her music, but that would lead her to what she needed to fight what was coming. Blessed by the gods that still believed in man, she would work her way up the charts just as her rivals did. Gaining abilities and power as she did, the final battle no doubt going to be an epic one.
Out of Game.
Lily is often found slipping out of her game at odd hours. After hours upon hours of battling and no doubt repetitive music play. She wants to be able to have fun, to play what she wants and to find someone to have that fun with. A social butterfly she is known for being able to travel from game to game and find some way to fit in. Known by most but only truly befriended by a few. Lily has no idea what life outside her game will bring, but she bold enough and excited enough to find out.